PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 artificer build help

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-02, 08:06 AM
So I'm building an artificer for a 1-X campaign. My goal is to build a wand spamming metamagic infusing item creator. Stats play a fairly major role in this. I'm curious as to which would be better for a 32 pt build, a warforged or a dragonwrought kobold. If DW kob, I can crank int through the roof and have way good will saves. With WF I don't have to sleep and don't burn my first feat. I'm WAY keen on small size and moving 30' still is CRAZY. We're going to role play full casting party in a world where magic is shunned. So the the party is considering all going DW K for RP.

Stats

WF
8/16/16/16/12/6

DW K
7/16/12/20/16/12

I also didn't understand the weapon familiar. What's the point?

I plan to use +1 light crossbows and add tons of +1 enchantments like keen and quick loading.

We're playing with the ability to take extraordinary artisan multiple times. So I'm doing that.

As always any input is appreciated

draconomial
2014-04-04, 05:18 PM
The point of item familiar is that it gives you 10% more exp than everyone else.
And once you reach lvl 10 it can cast "cantrips" or use any enchantments you have on it so that you don't have to waste a swift or standard action.
remember that stacking enchantments (besides +1s) onto items that use a body slot costs 1.5 times more, beyond the first.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-04, 05:37 PM
Thanks good to know! I think I'm going to just stack +1's until I hit lvl 9. Planning to spam wands dual wielded.