PDA

View Full Version : Summary spreadsheet for Gestalt multi-classing

Shadroth
2014-04-02, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but seems as good a place as any. I'm looking to be running a gestalt game in my regular gaming group for when not everyone is present (to stop the session otherwise being cancelled), and none of us have played gestalt characters before. I've lurked on the boards for a while, and brainstormed some ideas of my own at various points as well. I have a few questions for people that play gestalt characters regularly (or at all, for that matter):

How do you keep track of everything? Do you use normal character sheets or have you found (made?) others to use?

I was curious what people's experiences and opinions are. That aside, in a fit of insomnia I threw together a sheet I plan to give to my group to make the paperwork easier to understand; they've never used fractional rules for base attack and base saves before either.

Clicky (http://www.fileswap.com/dl/xrODdo2hj0/Gestalt_Summary.pdf.html)[UPDATED!]

Is this something you would use in your own games for gestalt characters? Is there something you'd like to see presented that this sheet doesn't take into account?

eggynack
2014-04-02, 10:08 AM
I think the big thing missing from your sheet is the +2 to a save you get by taking the first level of a class where that save is good. I don't even think it's possible to get a +.5 at the very first level.

John Longarrow
2014-04-02, 10:13 AM
Do a search for Heroforge 3.5.
It already does what you are looking for and much, much, much more.

GREAT spreadsheet/Character sheet!

Shadroth
2014-04-03, 02:38 AM
I think the big thing missing from your sheet is the +2 to a save you get by taking the first level of a class where that save is good. I don't even think it's possible to get a +.5 at the very first level.

Ahh, bit of an oversight I'm afraid. Cheers. Fixed that one, and added a column for Hit Dice as well. Clicky (http://www.fileswap.com/dl/xrODdo2hj0/Gestalt_Summary.pdf.html)

Do a search for Heroforge 3.5.
It already does what you are looking for and much, much, much more.

I see what you mean, although I found it a little overwhelming to be honest. I made this sheet to be an easy summary added to any basic character sheet, rather than to replace it.

eggynack
2014-04-03, 02:50 AM
Ahh, bit of an oversight I'm afraid. Cheers. Fixed that one, and added a column for Hit Dice as well. Clicky (http://www.fileswap.com/dl/xrODdo2hj0/Gestalt_Summary.pdf.html)

That's definitely closer, but you actually gain that +2 bonus whenever you take the first level of a class, rather than on just the first level of a character, so you could theoretically get nothing but +2's. Thus, the option should exist for the other levels. Moreover, it's worth note that it's actually +2.5, rather than just +2, as such is the nature of the rule set.

Virdish
2014-04-03, 04:14 PM
If using fractional bab and saves this is a great spread sheet and very close to what I use while creating a gestalt character