PDA

View Full Version : Activated my Trap Card.

Doomboy911
2014-04-02, 10:40 AM
So I'm currently enthralled in a pirate Pathfinder campaign playing as Ranger Archeteype titled the beast master. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/beastmaster) The class provides some benefits but I'm looking for just a bit more. I've put some ranks into craft alchemy and work on some trap building skills. I've researched the ranger traps but on a pirate ship they don't lend themselves to being hidden well. I asked my dm about being able to trade out my spellcasting ability for extraordinary abilities like scent or maybe some darkvision but I don't know of a class or archetype that does that and he thinks ranger spells are cool while I feel only a select few are worth my time.

So this post is regarding two things. Can anyone think of traps I could whip up using some alchemical items like an alchemist fire and a spring to make a "bouncing betty" or anything of that type .

Second does anyone know of a prestige class or archetype that allows me to trade my spellcasting out for extraordinary abilities?

Lightlawbliss
2014-04-02, 11:28 AM
does your dm allow rl chemistry? If so, you could compact some aluminum into a rusted out cannon you only use if you are screwed... or just make incendiary rounds for your cannons.

also, a snare wouldn't be that hard to hide on a ship: put a coil of rope around it. Use some coloration and clever placement to hide a net among the boards. Make some of the ratlines fail under a person if they put weight on them.