PDA

View Full Version : WoD VtM 20th edition knowledge finance/ resources question

beeshepherd
2014-04-02, 12:33 PM
My apologizes if this has been answer else where but I have not been able to find an answer. My new Brujah character is starting the game with 5 dots in resources as well as 5 dots in knowledge finance. How do these two things work together in for characters ability to increase his wealth? Also more generally how does the finance actually work because the description in the box say that you can turn 20 dollars into a fortune (I imagine that it means that you can do that in the span of 20-30 years) and that does not seem to leave much help for the DM? Thanks

CombatOwl
2014-04-02, 01:12 PM
My apologizes if this has been answer else where but I have not been able to find an answer. My new Brujah character is starting the game with 5 dots in resources as well as 5 dots in knowledge finance. How do these two things work together in for characters ability to increase his wealth? Also more generally how does the finance actually work because the description in the box say that you can turn 20 dollars into a fortune (I imagine that it means that you can do that in the span of 20-30 years) and that does not seem to leave much help for the DM? Thanks

Eh, basically you make a whole lot of Finance + Intelligence checks with a lot of successes, then spend XP to increase resources, and the ST uses your Finance successes to justify the background increase.

Note; this only happens if the ST lets it happen. He can always come up with some other way to do this.