PDA

View Full Version : Question on Familiars

Fat Daddy
2007-02-04, 08:01 PM
I know that there is a WotC book that talks about Monkey Familiars but I can't remember which one it is or find it in my collection. I think it was listed in one of the Improved Familiar Feat descriptions but I can't recall.

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-04, 08:45 PM
One of the Class Acts in Dragon magazine gives info on Monkey Familiars. And Monkeys are not powerful enough to require Improved Familiar. It's standard. I'll let you know which issue in a moment. I have to check.

[hr]Found it: Dragon #341, March 2006. Monkey grants +3 to Tumble. Everything else is standard familiar stuff.

Fat Daddy
2007-02-04, 09:56 PM
Thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I thought it was +3 to either tumble or climb. Neither of which helps my PC but it's a flavor thing. :smallsmile: I'll have to dig that issue out.

I appreciate the help.

EDIT: Got it. Thanks again.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-02-04, 10:39 PM
Thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I thought it was +3 to either tumble or climb. Neither of which helps my PC but it's a flavor thing. :smallsmile:
Hey, two skill points, and the +3 to Tumble will be usable. You'll be able to tumble through threatened spaces with a 50% chance of success (assuming Dex 10 or 11), which is a big improvement over 0%. Not a typical caster skill, but if you have the monkey anyway, I recommend it. :smallbiggrin:

I appreciate the help.

EDIT: Got it. Thanks again.
You're welcome!