PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Could a Dvati Artificer be Awesome? Yeah! But just how Awesome?

unseenmage
2014-04-03, 12:55 AM
Joking around over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?339018-3-5-human-artificer&p=17244508&viewfull=1#post17244508) inspired me to ask; Is there any reason a Dvati Artificer would actually want a Dedicated Wright?

And also feel free to discuss how best to optimize a Dvati Artificer which would totally not be my next Cohort and/or BBEG. :smalltongue:

CIDE
2014-04-03, 03:28 AM
That's cheating! And I love it. I can't think of any reason to bother making a dedicated wright. The Dvati can do everything itself without spending the money or time. I'm not sure what bonus you'd get out of this as a cohort.

Also, worst best BBEG ever.

Fouredged Sword
2014-04-03, 10:16 AM
Because why settle for 2X the crafting when the two halves can each build a dedicated wright and get 4X the crafting! Then you spam eternal wands of unseen crafter for even more stuff!

unseenmage
2014-04-03, 12:10 PM
Okay, I know that one character can only benefit from one Dedicated Wright.
I know too that a Dvati character gets two sets of actions.

The question becomes; does one Dvati get two sets of 8 hr magic-item-crafting days for every actual 24 hour day?

Mind you that nonmagical crafting can happen for as long as you want as often as you want. Building a Dedicated Wright and giving it ranks in Craft is likely still a good idea if you want traps or poisons or Shapesand to be getting made.

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-03, 12:14 PM
By RAW,

"A character can work on only one item at a time. If a character starts work on a new item, all materials used and XP spent on the under-construction item are wasted."

No... Still doesn't stop having a DW and one of the twins working on different items while the other explores.

geekintheground
2014-04-03, 12:14 PM
actually, this could solve alot of issues because dvati actions can be confusing and a lot of the time there isnt enough down time to actually craft... BUT NOT ANYMORE!! leave one of your dvati in town to craft while the other one goes adventuring. sure its risky with the 1/2 hp and you probably shouldnt be a caster, but who cares youre being AWESOME!

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-03, 12:17 PM
actually, this could solve alot of issues because dvati actions can be confusing and a lot of the time there isnt enough down time to actually craft... BUT NOT ANYMORE!! leave one of your dvati in town to craft while the other one goes adventuring. sure its risky with the 1/2 hp and you probably shouldnt be a caster, but who cares youre being AWESOME!

A dip in Warblade at the right level solves this issue. IHS could end the condition of the other half of you being dead which is causing the shriveling and dying. Or at least the dying part.

unseenmage
2014-04-03, 12:26 PM
By RAW,

"A character can work on only one item at a time. If a character starts work on a new item, all materials used and XP spent on the under-construction item are wasted."

No... Still doesn't stop having a DW and one of the twins working on different items while the other explores.

A Dedicated Wright specifically says it uses it's creator's allotted craft time so its creator and it cannot both work on separate magic items.

Doc_Maynot
2014-04-03, 12:32 PM
Ah, wasn't sure on that. Never used one.