PDA

View Full Version : Movie Spam in Roleplaying Subforum

GoblinGilmartin
2014-04-03, 07:27 AM
In the Roleplaying subforum, I keep seeing a lot of spam threads involving movies and other things. Is there any way to report threads like this without having to PM the admins? The posts are usually posted with Pixie accounts, and are long rambling strings of text recapping Wes Anderson films or something similar.

At the time of this edit I see six separate spam threads titled: download beat-making programs, "Watch The Grand Budapest Hotel Online Full Movie Download", ""The Grand Hungarian" (not a typo), "In a cute second", "Watch Robocop Online", and "Royseven split after eleven years Royseven,the Dublin pop rock band who scored their"

Elder Tsofu
2014-04-03, 07:39 AM
I'm quite sure that the recommended method is to use the report-button which is situated at the bottom left of all posts.

ChristianSt
2014-04-03, 07:53 AM
The perfect solution is to take the time and use the "Report Post"-feature to report those posts as spam. (Multiple reports get basically merged, so additional reporting doesn't make the mods work harder.)

The next best solution is to do nothing.

In all cases, don't reply to such threads, that doesn't help:

Responding to Spam
If you see a Spam post, please Report it. DO NOT respond to it, even if your response is "This is spam!" or a similar variation. All this does is draw attention to the thread, furthering the spammer's goals, and potentially make it more difficult for a Moderator to correct the problem; it does not in any way help.

As Elder Tsofu said the Report Post button is located on the lower left of each post (the warning sign shaped thing below the user information)

Roland St. Jude
2014-04-03, 12:44 PM
Sheriff: Indeed. Thank you.