PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed class, feats, rules, actions, items, etc.

Red Bear
2014-04-03, 07:43 PM
Is there someone who made a list of class features, feats, items, rules/actions and maybe even spells that can be useful to someone who wants to play a character similar to the protagonist of that game?
(both pathfinder and 3.5 material is ok).

If there is no such thing you can link to a good set of homebrew stuff.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-03, 08:27 PM
Altaiir (from the first game) is basically the spitting image of a Rogue (or perhaps a Ninja in PF), using skill tricks and similar stuff to score Sneak Attacks even when discovered. He's probably Rogue10 with Skill Mastery for move silently, hide, jump, climb, balance, and tumble. The majority of his foes probably range from 1st to 4th level Warriors (built with elite array or nonelite array), given the ease with which Altaiir dispatches them.

I'd probably give him, as I said before, skill tricks, plus some of the other means of scoring SA when Rogues normally can't (such as Martial Training or a Warblade level to get some of those ToB manuevers). Also the Master of Poisons feat (from Drow of the Underdark), because it's almost impossible to imagine this dude not using poison. Quick Draw is basically a given, considering the fact he can throw knives quickly. His foes are almost exclusively low-level humanoids, so he doesn't encounter problems with SA-immune creatures.

Since he doesn't disable traps in-game, he probably traded that out for some ACF or other.

A PF Ninja version of Altaiir might have the Feather Fall trick, the Hidden Weapons trick, would constantly use the "Light Steps" class feature, might have the "Wall Climber" trick, and the Advanced Rogue Talent(Skill Mastery) trick. I'd consider giving him Snake Style (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/snake-style-combat-style) so he can avoid attacks like in-game (not guaranteed, as Altaiir definitely did not deal piercing damage with unarmed strikes).

I recall the hidden blade has appropriate stats in Complete Scoundrel. It's something like "wrist blade" there.

Eldest
2014-04-03, 08:33 PM
Altaiir (from the first game) is basically the spitting image of a Rogue (or perhaps a Ninja in PF), using skill tricks and similar stuff to score Sneak Attacks even when discovered. He's probably Rogue10 with Skill Mastery for move silently, hide, jump, climb, balance, and tumble. The majority of his foes probably range from 1st to 4th level Warriors (built with elite array or nonelite array), given the ease with which Altaiir dispatches them.

I'd probably give him, as I said before, skill tricks, plus some of the other means of scoring SA when Rogues normally can't (such as Martial Training or a Warblade level to get some of those ToB manuevers). Also the Master of Poisons feat (from Drow of the Underdark), because it's almost impossible to imagine this dude not using poison. Quick Draw is basically a given, considering the fact he can throw knives quickly. His foes are almost exclusively low-level humanoids, so he doesn't encounter problems with SA-immune creatures.

Since he doesn't disable traps in-game, he probably traded that out for some ACF or other.

A better fit, IMO, would be a factotum that used the magic on mundane-looking stuff. He engages in small bursts, iajutsu strike fits the hidden blade. The rest of the advice is good.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-03, 08:50 PM
A better fit, IMO, would be a factotum that used the magic on mundane-looking stuff. He engages in small bursts, iajutsu strike fits the hidden blade. The rest of the advice is good.

I was going to say Factotum too, but none of the protagonists in the AC games were magical at all (unless Altaiir was secretly a Mayan wizard or something, which wouldn't surprise me at all given the plot so far), so while Factotum is more viable in a D&D game, I feel like it isn't really true to the concept.

Maybe we could dig up one of Curmudgeon's optimized Rogues and post a link to that...

squiggit
2014-04-03, 08:51 PM

I've seen a lot of people refluffing Iaijutsu focus gnomish quickrazor factotum shenanigans as an assassin's creed hidden blade.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-04-03, 08:53 PM
Strictly speaking any class can use Iaijutsu Focus, the reason it is so often suggested for Factotum is because they have it as a class skill.

Eldest
2014-04-03, 09:17 PM
I was going to say Factotum too, but none of the protagonists in the AC games were magical at all (unless Altaiir was secretly a Mayan wizard or something, which wouldn't surprise me at all given the plot so far), so while Factotum is more viable in a D&D game, I feel like it isn't really true to the concept.

Maybe we could dig up one of Curmudgeon's optimized Rogues and post a link to that...

Knock. Disguise self. Magic can be fluffed as mundane, the only issue is if you start to lean the rules that way. Alternately, you could trade that out for a homebrew thing instead of the spells or just ignore it.

Big Fau
2014-04-03, 09:57 PM

Altiar/Ezio/Desmond with the Apple would fit the bill.