PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Master Summoner Shadow Caller

Anlashok
2014-04-03, 08:42 PM
A player in my game wants to run with the archetypes stated above. I realize that, technically, the RAW says you can't mix the two. I figured though that since Shadow Caller's change is a cosmetic one I might be able to let him.

Is there any reason I shouldn't let it slide though?

grarrrg
2014-04-03, 09:03 PM
A player in my game wants to run with the archetypes stated above. I realize that, technically, the RAW says you can't mix the two. I figured though that since Shadow Caller's change is a cosmetic one I might be able to let him.

Is there any reason I shouldn't let it slide though?

Seems fine to me.

Larpus
2014-04-03, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I don't see anything particularly too powerful.

Also, it can be argued that Master Summoner's Summoning Mastery is more of an "alters Summon Monster I" as opposed to "replaces" both in theme and effect, so only strict RAW would truly forbid it.

squiggit
2014-04-03, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I don't see anything particularly too powerful.

Also, it can be argued that Master Summoner's Summoning Mastery is more of an "alters Summon Monster I" as opposed to "replaces" both in theme and effect, so only strict RAW would truly forbid it.

You could also argue that since Shadow Summoning doesn't actually change SM1 it'd be cool.

Shadow Eidolon doesn't really do anything either, so saying it can't stack with lesser eidolon seems silly.