PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 early level item suggestions

SliceandDiceKid
2014-04-03, 08:47 PM
Human artificer in a 1-20 campaign.
Will have a sorcerer, ninja, and x in the party.

Grabbing the following as quickly as I can make/procure them:
Heward's handy haversack
Carpet of flying
Silversheen
Ever smoking bottle
Healing belt
Decanter of endless water
Boots of speed

Naturally I'll be scribing scrolls every time the party isn't moving around.

JeminiZero
2014-04-03, 09:13 PM
Take a look at Shax's haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook)&p=8235865#post8235865) for a few ideas.

Additional ideas:
-Anklets of Translocaton [MiC]: I love these things. Get out of grapple/AoO range 2/day. No attunement time, so you can buy/make several and swap them out between encounters.
-Scout's Headband [MiC]: The cheapest reusable true seeing in town. No attunement time, so you can buy/make several and swap them out between encounters.
-Eternal Wands of X [MiC]: Usable by the Sorc and those with UMD. The DC and caster level will suck so these are best used for utility and buff spells that work well regardless of caster level, like Nerveskitter, Blockade etc.
-Armbands of Might [MiC]: Good for any 2HF power attacker
-Headband of Conscious Effort [MiC]: For the Sorcerer to use concentration in place of a fort save
-Ring of Diamond Mind-Mind Over Body [ToB]: Like the Headband of Conscious Effort, but usable several times per day.
-Runestaves [MiC]: Expand Sorcerer's spells known
-Goggles of Minute Seeing: +5 to search for the trap finder
-Chronocharms of X [MiC]: A bunch of skill monkey related buffs
-Gloves of Object Reading [MiC]: Poor man's divination.

atomicwaffle
2014-04-03, 09:23 PM
Boots of Landing (MiC) are insanely useful
I like Ring of Sustenance personally (DMG). Costs about 3k, gives continual nourishment and 2 hrs = 8 hrs of sleep. So, you could sleep for 6 hours and get a full day's rest, or sleep 2 hours and be able to keep watch. And never having to worry about food or water is cool too.

draconomial
2014-04-04, 07:45 PM
Complete Macguyver (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11066).
Artificers using poisonmaking and alchemy is pretty boss, too. When crafting mundane items multiply base cost by .333