PDA

View Full Version : Computer Update on The Mandate - Russian Space Strategy RPG IN SPACE

Cikomyr
2014-04-03, 10:46 PM
The Mandate development team has recently released a video to demonstrate how their tactical map is going to work in-game, while keeping it part of the simulation and environment; the Simulation Room on your flagship.

Looks pretty good. Can't wait to have this game! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRHT4KQD5YU)

Derthric
2014-04-04, 07:20 PM
That looks pretty cool.

Though I would like to see a full battle play out, I know its still very early in development. Either way they already have my money and I can't wait.

Cikomyr
2014-04-05, 05:10 PM
In the Schlock Mercenary thread, we were discussing the potential chain of command of the Tough's new structure (with 3 ships), and the argument in favor of appointing Murtaugh as the commander of the smallish-corvette, while whether or not Commodore Tagon would also be in command of the bigger, but also non-combat Freighter.

And it just reminded me of the promises of this game. The idea that the officers under you will have personalities, and will have to grow under your command. That you will have to deal with their loyalties, and find space for them under your command as they become better officers. Who do you appoint leader of your flotilla's second wing, the more skilled but somewhat conflicted loyalty Captain, or the lesser skilled but 100% loyal first officer?

I really hope this game delivers.