PDA

View Full Version : Wide images - Experimental rules change

Rawhide
2014-04-04, 01:24 AM
I've observed that images which are too wide for the screen appear to be automatically scaled to fit now. As such, we are implementing an experimental rules change to see how this works for everybody.

Images which previously were too large to put in your post due to width, and had to be placed in a spoiler, no longer need to be placed in a spoiler.

Notes:
It is still good curtesy to use spoilers for image heavy posts, particularly in threads not designated for image posting, in order to reduce the amount of scrolling required.

This does not eliminate the requirement to link to images that are too large (i.e. filesize). Images are only scaled after downloading, not reduced in filesize.

The size of images (individually and as a whole) in your signature remains the same and will still be enforced. This rule change affects images in posts only, not your signature.

JustPlayItLoud
2014-04-04, 01:27 AM
This is a new feature I hadn't noticed, but it's a welcome one. It was always irritating when someone trashed the readability of a thread by not spoilering a huge banner size picture. The forum upgrade just gets better and better as the days go by.