PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Deities of Insanity, or just deities who are actually insane.

felinoel
2014-04-04, 02:23 AM
So my game I am running has my players going up against Vashars who are merging all of the planes into one since jumping from plane to plane to kill gods is VERY annoying and tedious and merging all of the planes into one is just so much easier to kill gods since a lot of them would probably die from it and those who survive would be super easy to hunt down since there would only be one plane left.

Because of this I will eventually have my players ascend to godhood through various means, one of my players abuses his wisdom stat so I am having him ascend to godhood, one is very lucky so he will find a Deck of Many Things card to get godhood, and one is literally insane so I was planning on having him ascend to godhood by having Ssendam (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=5053288&postcount=10) find him worthy and whatnot, but Tharizdūn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forgotten_Temple_of_Tharizdun) seems to have his own dungeon already made, I would just need to acquire a copy of the book and update it to 3.5... plus Tharizdūn is actually IN 3.5, in both the Complete Divine and the Lords of Madness, for that matter so are Zagyg and Ralishaz...

What insane deity would work best? My main concern with using Tharizdūn is that he is evil... the player is CN and there is someone in the party who is paladin levels of LG, but is not a paladin. The player is a sonic-elemental based fighter.

(The other players will ascend by less interesting means.)

Khedrac
2014-04-04, 06:23 AM
Well, don't forget Zagyg "The Mad Archmage" who is also Chaotic Neutral...

Captnq
2014-04-04, 06:42 AM
Bob, the atheist God.

"Oh Bob, who doesn't exist, We would pray to you for spells if you were around, but you aren't, but on the off chance you might, could you hear our prayers?"

His church has an empty throne that has a lurking figure that hides behind it. Under it in celestial is the legend, "I'm Not Here!"

Or just have someone who gibbers alot and goes "BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS!"

iceman10058
2014-04-04, 11:17 AM
just model one after sheogorath from elder scrolls

ShurikVch
2014-04-04, 12:56 PM
By the way, Dionysus from Olympic Pantheon is CN, and have Madness domain...

Shining Wrath
2014-04-04, 12:58 PM
Sithrak the Blind Gibberer from oglaf.com. Use the Google, not gonna link.

The strip about Sithrak is safe. Many others feature naughty activities with naughty bits.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-04, 01:10 PM
The strip about Sithrak is safe. Many others feature naughty activities with naughty bits.

Just saying "NSFW" (Not Safe For Work) will save you a lot of typing.

Andezzar
2014-04-04, 01:25 PM
just model one after sheogorath from elder scrolls...and the cheese! To die for.
SCNR.

Yes Sheogorath is awesome.

The Oni
2014-04-04, 01:59 PM
Seconding Sithrak the Blind Gibberer

felinoel
2014-04-04, 02:02 PM
Well, don't forget Zagyg "The Mad Archmage" who is also Chaotic Neutral...I didn't?

just model one after sheogorath from elder scrollslol maybe

By the way, Dionysus from Olympic Pantheon is CN, and have Madness domain...I once had a cleric of Dionysus, he was always drunk.
Didn't realize he also had a madness domain!

Sithrak the Blind Gibberer from oglaf.com. Use the Google, not gonna link.

The strip about Sithrak is safe. Many others feature naughty activities with naughty bits.Did not realize oglaf still exists...

NoACWarrior
2014-04-04, 02:13 PM
Cas, although a demigod, what other diety requires you to hold your pain and anguish internally and let it fester until you go mad with rage and go to great lengths on quests of revenge and pay back.

felinoel
2014-04-05, 04:29 AM
Cas, although a demigod, what other diety requires you to hold your pain and anguish internally and let it fester until you go mad with rage and go to great lengths on quests of revenge and pay back.Ehhh, the character isn't evil though... though due to destinal happenings I am giving the player a rage-like ability that is just insanity with rage stats.

ShurikVch
2014-04-05, 08:25 AM
Ehhh, the character isn't evil though... though due to destinal happenings I am giving the player a rage-like ability that is just insanity with rage stats.Rage?
Hmmm...
Erythnul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythnul) have non-evil worshippers...

Chaotic neutral worshippers believe that non-combatants and weak opponents are meaningless, and that killing them does nothing to satiate their god or prove their ability; killing those unworthy of a warrior's death even angers Erythnul, they believe.

felinoel
2014-04-05, 11:00 AM
Rage?
Hmmm...
Erythnul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythnul) have non-evil worshippers...No rage, just a bout of insanity that acts like the rage ability

Andezzar
2014-04-05, 11:14 AM
Garagos is also CN and pretty much insane.

felinoel
2014-04-05, 12:10 PM
Garagos is also CN and pretty much insane.
Ok fine but I just need one god and now I have eight of them:

Ssendam (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=5053288&postcount=10)... Tharizdūn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forgotten_Temple_of_Tharizdun)... Zagyg and Ralishaz...

sheogorath

Dionysus

Sithrak the Blind Gibberer

Garagos

I could cross off Ssendam, Tharizdūn, Sheogorath, Sithrak the Blind Gibberer, and Garagos since those aren't 3.5 deities... but that leaves me with three...

Zagyg, Ralishaz, and Dionysus.

Andezzar
2014-04-05, 01:58 PM
I could cross off Ssendam, Tharizdūn, Sheogorath, Sithrak the Blind Gibberer, and Garagos since those aren't 3.5 deities... but that leaves me with three...
If by 3.5 deity you mean a Greyhawk deity you are mistaken about Tharizdūn, cf. CD p. 123. Garagos also is a D&D deity, but from Faerūn. Dionysus is grandfathered in from 3.0 (Deities and Demigods p. 114) and belongs to the Olympian Pantheon.
Ssendam is from AD&D.

Sheogorath and Sithrak indeed have nothing to do with D&D.

felinoel
2014-04-05, 02:15 PM
If by 3.5 deity you mean a Greyhawk deity you are mistaken about Tharizdūn, cf. CD p. 123. Garagos also is a D&D deity, but from Faerūn. Dionysus is grandfathered in from 3.0 (Deities and Demigods p. 114) and belongs to the Olympian Pantheon.
Ssendam is from AD&D.

Sheogorath and Sithrak indeed have nothing to do with D&D.Yes it looks like I AM mistaken, it was the Tharizdūn module that was not 3.5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tharizdun#Dungeons_.26_Dragons_3.5_edition_.282003-2007.29

By 3.5 deity I mean deity that is in 3.5, not Greyhawk exclusive per se...

Yogibear41
2014-04-05, 02:20 PM
just model one after sheogorath from elder scrolls

CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! :smallsmile:

mabriss lethe
2014-04-05, 02:33 PM
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! :smallsmile:Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one.

Scots Dragon
2014-04-05, 03:23 PM
Yes it looks like I AM mistaken, it was the Tharizdūn module that was not 3.5.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tharizdun#Dungeons_.26_Dragons_3.5_edition_.282003-2007.29

By 3.5 deity I mean deity that is in 3.5, not Greyhawk exclusive per se...

You can use a 3.0e deity without problems since the rules for domains are not substantially different between the two editions.

felinoel
2014-04-06, 12:42 AM
You can use a 3.0e deity without problems since the rules for domains are not substantially different between the two editions.
True, but being more strict helps lessen the number of options

Yogibear41
2014-04-06, 11:10 AM
Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one.

That Can be just as much of a celebration if you don't like cheese. True?

felinoel
2014-04-09, 09:10 PM
That Can be just as much of a celebration if you don't like cheese. True?

No one doesn't like cheese.

Slipperychicken
2014-04-09, 11:52 PM
No one doesn't like cheese.

I only like cheese sometimes, like when it's on pizza or a character build.

Soarel
2014-04-09, 11:59 PM
Azathoth. Out of all the Lovecraft entities Azathoth is the only one who in addition to causing insanity actually is insane himself. He's not called "the blind idiot god" for no reason, you know. The only reason he's not destroying himself is because of Nyarlathotep.

felinoel
2014-04-10, 03:40 AM
Azathoth. Out of all the Lovecraft entities Azathoth is the only one who in addition to causing insanity actually is insane himself. He's not called "the blind idiot god" for no reason, you know. The only reason he's not destroying himself is because of Nyarlathotep.Well Ssendam was also insane, just not really a god... but I was planning on having Ssendam imbue the player with himself so that their combined insanity could obtain godhood or something lol

Azathoth hm? Will look into it then.