PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the old stuff?

EvilElitest
2007-02-04, 10:02 PM
I was through the homebrew thread, and i noticed that most of the monsters/races/class/feats/prestige class/other stuff from before the move have never been updated after the move. I just wished to request that should anyone still have some of the old stuff, in perticular races and class (my favorite/selfish) from before the move, please post it. There were some great stuff from there and i would certainlly not wish them to be gone for good.
Thank you for your time.
From,
EE

Eighth_Seraph
2007-02-04, 10:56 PM
I already talked to Jackmann about that. The information is still out there, but the URLs are all messed up from the links. They should be working by doomsday. And if not, then we'll never know anyway.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-04, 11:10 PM
It's still there, the links are just different. If you know exactly what you're searching for you can search the homebrew forum for a particular thread title (its fast and efficient compared to a lot of searches.)

EvilElitest
2007-02-04, 11:11 PM
Ok, how about people who still have their old stuff. Hell i remeber about 100 odd races alone (i might have them on an old computor) If anyone still has any old stuff then please repost.

EvilElitest
2007-02-04, 11:12 PM
Wait, so they are still in the forum, i just can't use the from the Playground to get there?

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-04, 11:13 PM
Yep, that's the whole of it. You'll have to locate them the good old fashioned way.

EvilElitest
2007-02-04, 11:14 PM
Well regardless, someone please ether post their old creaturs or links if you can. Some where very good and i really liked them. By the by, is "From the Playground" getting updated, or is their a new one?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-02-04, 11:16 PM
The old one isn't being updated, as going through everything would take 43V4R (pardon my 1337).

Well, Vorpal Tribble started a new one just recently, in which I posted links to all my stuff... I'll find a link for it...

Edit: Here we are. From the Playground (NEW!) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33819)

magic8BALL
2007-02-05, 09:42 AM
...and a strange dialect of 1337 it was too... I had to think about that...

What? I'm bi-lingual!

guess that makes me 2674 (twice as 1337 as you!)

Some bussy people here, hey? Should make a post there myself.

EvilElitest
2007-02-06, 10:45 PM
wait what was that last post? I'm sorry, it confuses my poor little mind.
From,
EE

magic8BALL
2007-02-06, 11:37 PM
Pleasurably, RPG boards are the only forums on the internet I know of where 1337 5P34K is unknown.

1337 is a bizaar dialect of english (barely). It is the result of sheer lazyness. It started out as SMS speak, and seeped onto the internet.

There are no clear rules, only observed phenomena. Here is an attempted explaination:

Numbers replace letters... and whole sounds, words, phrases, even entire sentances are contracted to a mix of seemingly unrelated characters. And depending on whats before or after any character or string of characters, "words", is what that particular character or word means in that instance.

Replacing letters with other characters is also common. @ = A is a common substitution.

Aslo, as a even stranger twist, instead of condencing a word to a single letter, a letter may be spelt out, |\| = N and for instance, or |2 = R. When reading such characters, a healthy sence of imagionation is needed.

Mispelling, deliberate or otherwise is also common. teh = "THE" (reserved for somthing good, teh 1337 score, not teh inadiquate work conditions) taht = "THAT". Others exist.

The addition of a smilie face may also change the meaning of a "sentance" (I use this term losely) by expresing emotion. A comment that might normally be an insult is turned into a joke by adding =) or the like at the end, or a phase of agrement may turn into a vicious hit with the add of a confused face 0_o.

Some translation:

0 = "zero" or "O"
1 = "one" or "L"
3 = "three" or "E"
4 = "four" or "A"
5 = "five" or "S"
7 = "seven" or "T"
8 = "eight" or "B" (rare)

gtg = "got to go"
brb = "be right back"
wft = an exclamation of suprise, usually with distaste or excitement, or a forcefully posed question.
omg or zomg = an exclamation of suprise, usually with distaste or excitement.
ftw = "for the win", that somthing is good.
/X -> transforming the condition X into a verb. eg /sit = sitting
d/l = "down loading"
n00b = "NOOB" someone, who despite trying their hardest for a longf stime, still sucks. derived from newbie, but newbies are still new to whatever it is.
cbf = an explaination that the speaker could not be bothered to do an action. eg. "do this" "cbf"
plz = "PLEASE"
ty = "THANK YOU"
thnx = "THANKS"
kk = "OK"
krp0 = "OK PROFFESIONALLY" somthing was/will be done with great results.
gg = "GOOD GAME"
bai = "GOOD BYE"
wd = "WELL DONE"
bl = "BAD LUCK"
blnt = "BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME"
h4x, or hax = "HACKS" a form of changing a scripted code of an internet based game, allwoing you to cheat.
h4x0r, H4X0R, or |-|4><0|2 = "Hacker" one who hacks. (see below)

43V4R = "FOR EVER" in 1337

1337 = "LEET" -> 'liet -> eliet
5P34K = "SPEAK"

There is also becomming two distinct trends. One is for expressing your desires as quickly as posable (A). The other is for a way to make an ordanary font seem extraordanary (B). the word "leet" in type (A) would be written "l33t", but written as "1337" using type (B).

(A) translated from "what's happening? is someone cheating?"
omgwtfhax?

translated from "thank you for the game, perhaps you will win next time"
I R WIN!!! kthnxggblntbai

(B) my name in 1337 font effects.
m@g!¢8βΛLL

leet speakers also often pay themselves out. For instance:
"zomjee! whatteff?!?!!!?!!!11!11!!11111111oneoneelventyone etc."

Of cause, 2674 is a joke... 2 x 1337 = 2674 mathematically.

Fax Celestis
2007-02-06, 11:57 PM
1|2 13373|2 7}{4|\| j00z.