PDA

View Full Version : Space, w/ MAAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 11:21 AM
Episode 1: Freshmen orientation
Scene 1: Find your seats
Everyone is scrambling into the auditorium to find just the right seat to sit in, for various reasons, and it looks like our protagonist, sociable though he may be, is no where to be found. Even Mikado doesn't know where he could be, though she's fully aware that's to be expected, canine hearing and all that, poor guy. Never the less everyone must be seated by the time orientation begins and there's no seat-swapping allowed during the opening ceremonies. So everyone, quick, get in place.

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 11:40 AM
Aya looks around. Not a familiar face, but that's to be expected. A few friendly, but a dim friendly. She settles for finding someone mundane looking, sitting next to them.

Hm, an interesting thought. Upperclassmen here won't know any more about the school than lowerclassmen. Which profs are good, which ones are bad, which ones are best avoided like someone sprayed a vial of Yersinia pestis on everything that touched. Another interesting dynamic. Classes will for the most part be equally full, or at least be based solely on times available.

She looks over to her neighbor. "So, how was your flight up?"

Lentrax
2014-04-04, 11:58 AM
Keiko walks into the auditorium. She looks all around her, not at all sure of what to expect. Then she sees a girl across the auditorium with what looks like tiger fur, which means she never saw the bookbag sitting in the aisle. Her foot caught in the bag, sending her sprawling into a chair a couple of rows down. At least one enterprising young individual got a picture before she recovered enough to actually sit down. Not entirely sure of what she should do anymore, she turns to see who is around.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-04, 12:08 PM
Terri, blindly following the crowd, walked into the large auditorium room. She stood there, not knowing exactly where to go, and tentatively sniffed the air of her new surroundings.

Uuu.....all these smells are making my head spin. I don't understand why people like to put overly smelly fragrances. She began walking down the aisle, looking for her place to sit. Hm....I can't smell that canine scent from before. It would be nice to meet others like I. I'll just sit down next to someone yummy smelling...I hope there's food after this!

Terri finds an appropriate seat, and climbs onto the chair on all four, and begins scanning from her new post. A voice causes her to turn to the person next to her, a girl with black hair, with a pair of spectacles.

Hello! M'names Terri! Don't really know whatcha mean by flight...but hey, d'you have some treats on ya? I can smell somethin' sweet!

I may or may not be speaking to you. You can decide :)

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 12:21 PM
Well, as normal as anyone else here. "Nothing but my lunch. I was referring to the shuttle that took us from Earth to here. Or were you born on Mars?" Behavior is clearly canine in origin. Not immediately cause to look down on her, but may limit mental faculties. "What are you here for? Class-wise, I mean."

Mekboy
2014-04-04, 12:34 PM
Natsume craned to get a good view of the auditorium. Eli wasn't here? Damn... she'd had a whole conversation planned out ready for when she sat next to him. Why wasn't he here? Her notes suggested he wasn't the type to skip something of this importance... Maybe something had gone wrong? Maybe he was hurt, or ill... If she could find out, she could nurse him back to health, and he'd finally realise what she meant to him...

Blinking a couple of times, Natsume snapped out of her reverie. No, he was probably just late. Hmm... she could try arriving for whatever classes they were in together late, she might be able to bump into him that way... Squirrelling this idea away, she made for the seats near the entrance. That way she'd be certain to spot him if he came in that way. And hopefully no-one would take the seat next to her, and he'd be forced to sit next to her.

Cunning plan formed, Natsume rushed to a seat with plenty of spaces around it and sat down, grinning mindlessly. Yes, nothing could go wrong with this plan at all...

Princess K
2014-04-04, 01:06 PM
Ciaran had arrived early, claiming a seat as far back and into the corner as possible. Overwhelmed by the jostling crowds, he had been attempting to exude an aura of unfriendliness to prevent anyone from sitting nearby, but the best he was able to manage was a vague look of helpless discontent that seemed to attract well-wishers rather than repel them. Already, four people had come up to ask him if he was feeling okay, sympathy in their voices. They certainly meant well, but the gesture went unappreciated as Ciaran nodded them frantically away. "Y-yes, thank you! I'm completely fine!"

Ciaran glanced at the time. Celeste had a show later that day... he didn't have any classes scheduled then, but hopefully Orientation wouldn't take too long.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-04, 01:33 PM
L-lunch? Don't we get food brought to us on shiny dishes? Back home, my owners always brought me a bowl of delicious food. That really long car ride here had food brought as well, though it wasn't that good...Geez, can you believe they got all fussy when I tried ta open the window?

Terri began to ponder a bit, with a slightly worried expression. Oh! I just remembered! Naruki told me that....oh darn where is it....

She rummages through her bag, clearly looking for something. A brush and a chew toy clatters out when Terri brings out a collar, with a little badge on the collar. The badge has the school's emblem on it, as well as her photo and name. This badge can be loaded with money, and be used like a debit card on the premise of the university.

Naruki said I can use this t'get food, but I don' really know how it works. It certainly don't smell like it.
Terri says gnawing lightly on the badge.

Illven
2014-04-04, 01:51 PM
Lady Stephanie sat down next to Terri.

Hey, my name is Lady Stephanie the magnificent. What's yours? She asked holding out her hand for a handshake.

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 02:41 PM
O-kay, very much lower on the mental scale. "Uh-huh... Interesting." Aya swiftly gets up, sitting opposite the new arrival, grabbing her hand before the canine could. "Aya Yukimura. Nice to meet you." Someone with an ego was better than a pet.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-04, 02:47 PM
Terri turns around, still holding the collar. Distracted by the noise, Terri doesn't wait for the response of the nice smelling girl. She eyes this new, slightly short girl, wearing baggy clothing, extending her hand, her sleeve slightly covering it.
This girl is extending her hand, does she want to play tug-of-war? Hm....probably not, though that baggy shirt does look very tempting. Terri thinks, resisting the urge to yank on the sleeve. She smells faintly oily too, her shirt would probably taste yucky.

Allo!, Nice ta meetcha Lady Ste-fan-nee! She sounds out slowly. M'name's Terri! Hey, would ya know how to make food out of this?
Showing Stephanie the collar that she still has in her hand. Seeing the black haired girl walk to the other side of Stephanie, Terri poses the question to her as well.

Assuming you are speaking in English (Guessing by your name, wouldn't change my response in this scene). Also, I'm guessing that Stephanie paints with some oil/acrylic based paint?

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 02:59 PM
"It's a payment card. It's tied to an account that has a certain amount of money. You give it to a person at the cafeteria, they take some of the money out, and you get food there." Suddenly, getting into here didn't seem as special, more of a punishment.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 03:01 PM
Terri
Before you get a response, the girl sitting on your other side talkblocks you rather rudely, and you go back to your thoughts, which are suddenly tugged on by a scent that while similar to yours, is new to you, seems to be coming fro the entrance.

Mikado
You hear a yelp and you can clearly see a canine anthropoid being dragged in by some of the temporary security droids scheduled for decomitioning after the colony's initial launch, which would be after the ceremony. You don't know why, but he reminds you of the Eli, the cute human boy from high school.

Illven
2014-04-04, 03:33 PM
O-kay, very much lower on the mental scale. "Uh-huh... Interesting." Aya swiftly gets up, sitting opposite the new arrival, grabbing her hand before the canine could. "Aya Yukimura. Nice to meet you." Someone with an ego was better than a pet.

Lady Stephanie chuckled. Likewise. What are you two studying here? She asks directing her question at both of them.

Terri turns around, still holding the collar. Distracted by the noise, Terri doesn't wait for the response of the nice smelling girl. She eyes this new, slightly short girl, wearing baggy clothing, extending her hand, her sleeve slightly covering it.
This girl is extending her hand, does she want to play tug-of-war? Hm....probably not, though that baggy shirt does look very tempting. Terri thinks, resisting the urge to yank on the sleeve. She smells faintly oily too, her shirt would probably taste yucky.

Allo!, Nice ta meetcha Lady Ste-fan-nee! She sounds out slowly. M'name's Terri! Hey, would ya know how to make food out of this?
Showing Stephanie the collar that she still has in her hand. Seeing the black haired girl walk to the other side of Stephanie, Terri poses the question to her as well.

Assuming you are speaking in English (Guessing by your name, wouldn't change my response in this scene). Also, I'm guessing that Stephanie paints with some oil/acrylic based paint?

Um, yeah. What Aya said. Lady Stephanie replied pointing to the girl.

I guess? I really know nothing about painting myself.

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 03:48 PM
Likewise. Other than that it would be water colors, mostly.
"Social Psychology. Analyzing human behavior in groups. Why propaganda works, how the brain responds to different topics in different situations and why, that sort of thing." Aya thinks a moment on a small demonstration, but maybe after getting to know her neighbor first. "And what about you?"

PhoenixRise
2014-04-04, 03:57 PM
Ah! So that's what this is for, thanks! Terri says, staring in fascination at her collar. I'm doin' Mechanical Engineering! Still got lots ta learn, but I'm pretty darn good at taking things apart, and puttin' 'em back together. Usually....

Noticing Yukimura's annoyance, Terri says Sorry 'bout seeming clueless. Still new to this "human" thing, not quite used to this "money" conce-

Terri stops mid-sentence, and looks in the direction of the familiar smell, seeing the robots behind a small crowd of people. Hey!, this is the scent I smelled earlier, I wonder what's going on? Maybe I should take a peek...

Returning to Yukimura and Stephanie, Sorry, got distracted. I wonder whats happenin' over there? she says, nodding towards the commotion.

Lentrax
2014-04-04, 04:00 PM
It isn't that hard to get food.Another girls say from a row several seats back. She jumps up and presses a button on her boots. They expand into large balloons, and she uses these balloon shoes to walk across the heads of the other students as sshe walked over to you. Her boots made her jiggle slightly as she didn't have stable footing.

Let's see. Disconnect the matrix inverters? No, too risky. Depoloroze the matter stream. No could backfire.
She steps on a pin, popping the balloon. It settles down peacefully to the floor, and finding the device of her salvation, promptly burst the balloon on her other foot.

Whew. Glad that worked well without a major incident, catastrophe, or loss of a test subjects brain or other vital organs. Anyway, I'd like to introduce my self. I am Watan-some sort of device, probably the same one that expanded the original balloon fired again but without the balloon to catch the gasses.

abeeiiiiiiiShe was instead rocketed up into a procession of some kind. When she landed she estimated a 96 % percent chance of being hard! with a full 68.97% chance of that being filled with sharp pointy things.

Instead she crashed into a cafe table near the entrance where the wolf boy was being taken to.

In a half daze, Keiko stood up and held out a hand. Watanabi Keiko, Underclasswoman,excruciating pain. You mind? I lost my shoes over there. She lifted a shirt to cover most of her exposed chest area.

Just, please, don't look at me. Please don't.

Onlookers are rewarded with images of matching bear socks and panties.

Angelalex242
2014-04-04, 04:03 PM
In her own section, for the moment, was a priestess. Obviously, for she wore the vestments of one, almost as if they were second nature for her. Kikyou looked over at the commotion, and saw a...was that a youkai, or something else? A wolf being of some kind, or maybe a dog. Hard to tell from here. But the spirit seemed...familiar somehow, on the inside. She got up to get a better look at what was going on, particularly with the security bots.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 04:16 PM
The wolf-boy is struggling against the droid, "COME ON! LET ME GO! YOU I DON'T LARGE CROWDS, THEY'RE MUCH TOO NOISY!"
The droid responds w/, "this is the 0nly mandat0ry activity in the entire pr0gram. 0_0 y0u are free as s00n as it is 0ver." The droid eventually sits him down in a relatively isolated section of the bleachers, as If half-complying w/ his complaints. It stays there making sure the boy doesn't try to leave again.

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 04:18 PM
"Ah, engineering students showing off... Some things never change." Hm, intentional attempts to draw attention, but instead garnering likely undesired type of attention. "Actually, perfect example there: Her intention was to impress us and the rest of the audience with her device. Make herself appealing to possible mates, elevate her standing in the social group early on before hierarchy is established. Instead, she'll probably end up sitting at a table of other outcasts unless she can attach herself to someone willing to deal with association with her negative association while still maintaining high status. Most likely this will be by finding a male friend, due to differences in male and female social structures." Aya picks up the shoe, damaged, but better than barefoot. "Here." She runs over, tossing the girl her shoe. Too many people with unestablished social connections to make fun of the girl. "Try a few more test runs of those before using them in public." Before the girl can say anything, Aya is back to her seat.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-04, 04:51 PM
By the time Terri turned around, Keiko was already rocketing off, propelled by what seemed like a great jet of air.
Whoaa, what have we here? Didnt know humans were capable of flight!
Noticing her shoes fly off midfall, she goes over to pick up one of them, seeing that Yukimura was heading over to the other one.
Oh, how interesting! It seems like there's small compressed.......nitrogen canisters here, this one seems to have ruptured, probably due to the too thin walls of the container. Terri noted, inspecting the shoe, and sniffing it slightly. I should probably return it, but...I really want to try opening it up!

Terri slowly walked towards the origin of the shoe, noting she landed next to the source of the intriguing scent, all the while trying to open the shoe up a little.
Just before she returned the shoe, she sees him. Oh wow! Another one like me!, I wonder why hes all contained up like that, I guess I shouldn't appoach him just yet, maybe after the opening ceremony..... Terri, standing there transfixed, hears he stomach growl slightly. Ahhhhhh.........meeting him can wait until AFTER I eat, geez, this ceremony better be fast!.

Turning her attention to the girl on the ground, she returns the shoe. Here ya go! You should probably make those cans thicker next time, so they wont blow up the first time ya use 'em. Names Terri.

Illven
2014-04-04, 05:58 PM
Stephanie seems to be focusing on the nerd girl's mishap. Trying to force it into her memory.

Huh, interesting. Someone will probably pay a-lot of money for a picture of that mishap. I think I'll call it Robo-girl fails

She turns back to Aya.

I'm an artist. She clarifies gesturing to herself. My main focus is on drawing people in different settings, like a person as a knight. She explains.

Do you have any interest in how art influences people psychology? She asks Aya.

Mekboy
2014-04-04, 06:35 PM
Grin still plastered across her face, Natsume focussed on the wolf kid as he was dragged in. Was that... no, couldn't be. How odd. Similar mannerisms, maybe? Hmm... maybe if she took a little time out tonight to examine closer... She didn't need that much sleep after all, right? Besides, it'd just be a little, y'know, checkup. How to do it now... Perhaps the air vents? She'd seen enough movies where that had worked. And if it did, perhaps she could use them to get into Eli's room, wherever that was... maybe get some pictures of him sleeping, or just watch him for a while... and she could make sure no other girl was trying to make a move on him, trying to seduce him away from his one true love. Yeah, that'd work. She just needed to work out where this wolf kid's room was too. Maybe there was some kind of data bank she could take a look at...

Princess K
2014-04-04, 06:53 PM
Ciaran had almost calmed his heart rate when all at once, there was an explosion of sights and sounds. A struggling lupine boy was dragged in, kicking and shouting, set firmly in a sparsely populated section of the bleachers; near Ciaran to his chagrin. As the other people turned to look at the late arrival, Ciaran shrunk away from even the passing glances. It was like being on stage without having practiced anything. His only solace was that at least their attention wasn't actually focused on him.

Yet there was to be no peace, as a girl soared across the auditorium like a human cannonball before collapsing to the ground nearby. The boy winced as she hit the floor, half rising from his seat before his concern was overridden by terror of the approaching onlookers. She didn't seem to be injured at least, and it wasn't like he could offer medical or emotional aid anyway.

"Hmm, when will this be over..."

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 07:08 PM
"Wish I knew, kid."

Mekboy
2014-04-04, 07:13 PM
Was that girl talking to the wolf guy? Natsume made a note of her face. If the girl liked the wolf guy and the wolf guy was like Eli, then she would like Eli. And if she liked Eli, she would try to steal Eli. And Natsume would have to stop that. She had her ways...

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 07:34 PM
"It's only tangentially related to my field, but in undergrad we studied things more generally. As far as personal interest, it's something I had never really thought much about. I suppose it is a an interesting subset of how one reacts to settings. Why?"

Princess K
2014-04-04, 08:15 PM
Ciaran had just been musing to himself; he hadn't intended to exchange words with a complete stranger! Avoiding eye contact, he murmured.

"Um, yeah. I mean, we already got our information. I-I don't see why they'd feel the need to have security bots drag you in."

Hrmm, perhaps he shouldn't have mentioned that? Was it rude bringing up past traumas? Was five minutes ago "too soon?" Oh, he didn't want to seem rude. The boy steeled himself and thought: what would Celeste do?

Putting on an idol's most winning smile, Ciaran spoke again in a steadier, more casual voice. "Well anyway, my name's Ciaran. It's nice to meet you."

Hmm, perhaps that had been too winning? He wouldn't want to seem flirty, someone might misunderstand.

Must... provoke... yandere...

Illven
2014-04-04, 08:21 PM
Lady Stephanie shrugs.

I was just wondering if our interests intersected at all. She says bluntly.

Do you like art personally? Lady Stephanie asked. As in. Have you ever seen a picture that made you happy? She clarified putting emphasis on the you.

Mekboy
2014-04-04, 08:25 PM
Oh god... she was smiling at him. This was worse than Natsume had feared... How easy would it be able to get into the kitchens? They were always full of deliciously sharp things... scissors, all kinds of knives...

C'mon Natsume. It's not even Eli...

But she's obviously going to forget about him when she sees Eli, and then she'll steal Eli away from me...

Best give her a little suggestion that she might want to look the other way... Looks like it's going to be a busy night.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 08:29 PM
"I know right, yeesh!" When Ciaran introduces himself the wolf-boy turns around to face him holding out his hand....paw....thing? You can't see his eyes behind the visor, but his smile's nice enough "Nice to meet you Ciaran Sir, I like to go by the pseudonym Glitch" Ciaran recognizes the pseudonym as one of those internet artists, not a terribly popular one, but you've gotten a laugh from a couple of his more humorous pieces. Really, he wasn't that memorable except for the fact that he's sitting in front of you right now.

Angelalex242
2014-04-04, 08:57 PM
Something felt off. A lot of energy was swirling around the one forced into the room by the robots. Energy and focus from all sorts of beings. It drew her curiosity...the event hadn't started yet, so she was free to move if she saw fit, and the poor wolf being seemed to have quite a bit of space around him. Well, and the other boy sitting next to him.

She decided to head his way...drawn that way by her spirit. And finally, she approached them. Looking at him...why did his ears seem so familiar somehow, even on a wolflike being?

"It seems events like this displease you quite a bit. Are you alright?

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 09:08 PM
He turn at the sound, "Not really, and it's only going to get worse from here, at least my headset has a mute setting to block out all the noise that's about to happen."

PhoenixRise
2014-04-04, 09:19 PM
Terri, helping the mysterious flying girl up, couldn't help continue to steal glances at the strange wolf boy, whom was seated near where the girl crash landed.
Oh wow!, Another dog-human like me. Maybe I should introduce myself, though I better help this girl out first. Niruki would.... Terri, shuddering at the thought of what her owner would do, eyes her over, She looks mostly okay, I wonder how it feels to fly...hmm...maybe I can borrow these boots another time, if I bump into her again!

Did'ya make those boots yourself? Are you an eng-in-near-ing student as well? They look quite interesting! Terri asked the girl. However, despite asking these questions, Terri's thought drifts back to the wolf-boy sitting slightly off into the distance. Hmm....if he's here, does there mean there are more? Though...I couldn't smell any coming into here. Urp, I should introduce myself but maybe I should wait for another time...he seems to be chatting with another guy right now anyways.....guy? Terri did another glance at the boy the wolf-man was speaking to, now engaged with another girl. He certainly smelled like a male when she walked past. I must've smelled wrong. Ugh, all these fragrances as wretched, humans REALLY should stop putting on such smelly fragrances on themselves.

Angelalex242
2014-04-04, 09:40 PM
Kikyou came to a quick idea about that...

We're taught calming techniques in the temple. If you like, I could try to show you one. It might help when the mute button fails you.

Never rely on technology when the spirit was so much reliable.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 09:54 PM
"That won't be needed, I don't go berserk, I just sit there," He pauses, staring into the distance as if that's where the camera was, which it isn't, this isn't a freaking TV show, and if it was, a three quarter shot would more dramatic, "crippled w/ pain. O_O"

Angelalex242
2014-04-04, 10:06 PM
Kikyou looked shocked. She'd thought he was only nervous. But...crippled with pain?

Does staff know it hurts you to be here? I'd thought you might be nervous, but I couldn't have anticipated actual pain, unless...is it because of your hearing? And the noise?

Reality Glitch
2014-04-04, 10:25 PM
"Yeah, light and sound sensitivity are common things for those on the spectrum, and that's onto top of my senses being heightened since becoming a wolfir. Beast Lycanthropy though. Hahahaha. :)" you can tell he' lightened up, but no sooner does he then the ceremony starts, w/ all it's blasting music. Of course the Glitch drops into the fetal position at the shock, fiddles w/ his visor then then sits back up looking out onto the stage as the holograms play. He says w/o turning, "You should find your seats and pay attention, the droids watching." At that you look to see that the security droid is, in fact still right there, and it turns to stare at you all. It doesn't say anything, but instead gives you some sort of robot death glare, if that's even possible.

Angelalex242
2014-04-04, 10:54 PM
Moved with Compassion, the priestess moved quickly. Glaring right back at the robot, Objection to noise level shall be noted as cruelty to lycanthropes.

Frankly, this much noise hurt her ears, even, and she was no lycanthrope! She generally preferred a more peaceful environment anyway. However, she likewise knew that while her objection would have to be dealt with for future events like this, it wouldn't get anything changed right now. Right now, she had to follow the rules. Which meant she had to retake her original spot, as she gracefully moved back.

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 11:18 PM
"Me personally?" Hm, hadn't ever considered that. "I don't remember the name..." Think of something! "What was that name..." You are not missing your first chance to make a friend here. She's one of the few people who is halfly normal! "Oh well, it will come back to me. Probably not as frequently as an artist would think I should. What about you?"

Illven
2014-04-04, 11:34 PM
Lady Stephanie chuckled.

Maybe if you describe the painting, I can tell you what it is. She points out with an amused smirk in between bouts of chuckles.

And of course I've seen pictures that made me happy. She says kinda flipping her hand. I've drawn pictures that made me happy.

Esprit15
2014-04-04, 11:47 PM
"Was something darker. Not like Guernica or anything, but a similar vein, albeit different style. The contrast compared to other popular pieces I saw was refreshing. What do you like to draw? People in settings, but what kind of settings? Landscapes, specific situations?"

Illven
2014-04-05, 12:07 AM
Specific settings. Stephanie replied to Aya. For instance... She started biting her lips and moving her eyes all over Aya.

I'd probably dress you in robes. Conjuring pillars of ice. Stephanie continued musing.

The robes would probably be dark blue, maybe stars and planets. Your hair would be long and free, blowing back as though you were in a windstorm, just from the sheer energy being displaced... Stephanie then stops herself.

I'm rambling aren't I

I have no idea who that is. :smalltongue:

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 12:25 AM
Guernica by Picasso (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernica_(painting))
Aya simply watches the other girl go on, smiling. "No, go on. Far more interesting than me going on about critiquing social behavior." Partially true. More positive, certainly.

Illven
2014-04-05, 12:46 AM
Oh? Stephanie replied with a smirk?

Is this some experiment to see how other people perceive you? She teased.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 12:53 AM
Aya smiles. Smart. She's doing well. "And so what if it is?" I like this girl. We should get along swimmingly.

Illven
2014-04-05, 01:10 AM
Well then. First I would have to discern if you are trying to show me a false persona to see how effective of a actress you are. Lady Stephanie mused, a single finger to her lips.

But.... That doesn't make much sense as you haven't changed since finding out I'm an artist. Unless showing a false persona is your S.O.P. She continued. But then, some people say we are all personas. That we all wear different masks depending on if we're with friends, family, or work.

Ooooo. That would make a wonderful idea for a picture. She said bouncing up and down.

Princess K
2014-04-05, 01:52 AM
Ciaran frowned slightly. It seemed the "Glitch" fellow - a name he could have sworn had shown up on the extranets - had a good reason for disliking the clamor of the orientation session. He murmured his condolences before returning to his own devices, waiting for everything to conclude so he could be off on his way.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 02:06 AM
"Indeed, I'm no actress. Never was a fan of drama." Yep, one friend, one day! This is going awesome! "Hm, now that's an interesting thing to bring up, because I'm one of the subscribers to that idea. It makes sense. Different setting, different social standards, different behavior. Parents expect conservative behavior, you act conservative. School favors rebellious behavior, you act rebellious. You end up somewhere without any strong expectations of behavior..." she motions to the crowd, "and this is your result. This is probably the most real you're going to see these people. Before they've formed cliques, before they've decided how they'll treat one another."

She pauses. "Sorry, your moment. Yes, that's a wonderful idea. Who would be the subject though..."

Illven
2014-04-05, 02:13 AM
But some people are hostile to their parents. Lady Stephanie pointed out.

Then again even that would cause a person to act differently, then towards people they weren't hostile towards. She said finishing her thought.

She looks as Aya gestures towards the crowd.
I'm not sure that's true. People already have preconceptions for how others will see them by this age, and thus will act that way, even with the preconception is false. For instance I'm a bit of a loner. She admitted.

As for the picture, if you're willing.... She hinted.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 02:28 AM
"True, though I never said 'that they will ever be.' Simply 'that you will ever see them.' Small difference. And there's no pecking orders established. The class clown has yet to be revealed, the outcasts have yet to be cast out. Take a guess how I was treated in highschool and I'll give you ten dollars if you're right. You're certainly not behaving like a loner, after all, chatting my ear off just as I am you." She smiles. "And I would be flattered."

Lentrax
2014-04-05, 02:43 AM
Thanks. Keiko says sheepishly as she takes her shoes.

She then decides the best thing she can do right now is sit in a chair somewhere and hope that nothing else goes wrong. The first day of school and so many things have already gone wrong.

Mekboy
2014-04-05, 06:19 AM
And another... Natsume knew she'd have some competition for Eli - why wouldn't she? He was perfect in every way - but that the wolf-boy, who he was better than would get this much attention? That would suggest that she'd have even more competition for Eli... Maybe the wolf guy would be useful as a distraction. She could convince him to go out with one of them to distract them from her Eli. That would work, right? They would just need to have a little talk together...

PhoenixRise
2014-04-05, 08:51 AM
Terri watches as Keiko walks to a seat. Just as she sits down, Terri is berated with the loud blasting music. Wincing at the sudden noise, she falls over slightly, before regaining her balance.
Geez, this ceremony couldn't be more annoying!, First all the pugnant smells, then now this! I can barely think between all this. Also, when is it going to be done??? I want to try this cafeteria thing Yukimura mentioned. Terri thinks, after sitting down herself on the bleacher. She rummages through her bag for those noise cancelling headphones. Putting them on, she thinks
Ah.........finally I can think again. I wonder how he's far-....oh, not very well it seems...how strange, I guess his sense of hearing is much better than mine.

Terri approaches the girl in a strange, red and white garment, hunched over the downed boy. Is your friend okay? I got some earplugs if ya need 'em. I know how it feels to have heightened sense, tho' he seems to be takin' it worse.

Terri offers the red and white garmented girl a bag of ear plugs, then returns to paying attention to the ceremony when they begin speaking, waiting impatiently for it to finish.

Angelalex242
2014-04-05, 11:26 AM
Kikyou nodded, and took the earplugs, and went back to the lycanthrope she'd been trying to help earlier.

Try these...they may help.

As she gave him the earplugs she'd been given herself by Terri.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-05, 11:59 AM
(( I doubt that's what actually happen, I did specifically say that the wolf-boy already fixed the problem himself. ))

He says nothing as you try t hand him the earplugs, to earpieces on his visor are already muted, so he can't hear you, or anything else for that matter.

Angelalex242
2014-04-05, 12:58 PM
Kikyou noted the gift seemed unnecessary, but she decided to simply leave it with him. He might need it in the future, and as a human, she really didn't need it so much. Without bothering to return to her own place, she just sat down on the bleachers and watched the rest of it.

Illven
2014-04-05, 02:19 PM
You have a point. Lady Stephanie admitted with a shrug.

I'm thinking.... Captain of the chess team. You seem the type. Lady Stephanie replied.

I was a loner because I had "Trouble separating fantasy and reality" She says in air quotes. So, no one wanted to be my friend. She admitted looking away at this point.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 05:43 PM
"Not what I was aiming for, and it was the debate team!" Again, another smirk. "I was referring to socially. I was primarily a quiet, to myself person. You know, good grades, not many friends. Nobody dared bully me though. I could pull a comeback out of thin air as needed."

Aya frowns. "And just what is wrong with that? I mean, how bad was it?"

Illven
2014-04-05, 06:12 PM
Oh ...um... Lady Stephanie sputtered.

A lot of people thought me weird, so I really didn't have any. Except for children of family friends. She admits.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 06:16 PM
"It couldn't have been that bad, your disconnect."

Illven
2014-04-05, 06:39 PM
Well. The family friends went to my school. But still. I could never escape the feeling that they were just friends because they were made to. Lady Stephanie replied.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 06:44 PM
Would a hug be weird now? Maybe, just a little. "I guess I'm not being clear. Was it hallucinations? Simple creativity?" She tries to look sympathetic.

Illven
2014-04-05, 07:17 PM
Oh simple creativity. Lady Stephanie replied

But. Most people tend to think in boxes most of the time, and shun those who do not. She finishes.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 08:11 PM
"Ah. Well that's just sad then. Least they could do is be justified in their ostracizing. Shunning the creative. Morons." She looks around. "Is this ceremony going to actually do anything for us? As is, it's just blaring music." She stands up. "Hey! Shut that damned music off! The half wolves are squirming in a corner and it's giving me a f***ing headache! When's this ceremony get to the important part!?"

Reality Glitch
2014-04-05, 09:44 PM
And then we cut to the opening ceremony montage.

Scene 2: Everyone find your dorms
The ceremony finaly lets out, w/ the hundreds of thousands of students Stampeding out of the auditorium, some need to get to early classes, others just want food, and others still would like nothing more then to go to their respective dorms and crash for the night. Only problem: no one has their schedules or campus maps yet. Luckily, the city planers were actually smart enough to decide to make separate stations at which to get necessary supplies.

Roll Luck D5 to happen upon the same station at the same time as the protagonist or skill D7 to try and tail him; no pun intended. Victory means further interaction w/ the protagonist during the RP portion of this scene.

Esprit15
2014-04-05, 09:51 PM
Unless Lady Stephanie decides to split off, Aya goes about trying to find her room after a bit of exploring.

Princess K
2014-04-05, 10:12 PM
Ciaran stretches as he leaves the auditorium, waiting a moment to allow the majority of the crowd to leave. He didn't want to get run over to save a paltry ten minutes of time. He had plenty of time before the concert, so he could afford to take it slowly.

When the room had emptied somewhat, Ciaran stepped out for the great outdoors. He had to go to... one of the stations. He had a vague idea about the locale, but it was probably best if he got there early.

DC 5 Luck: [roll0]

PhoenixRise
2014-04-05, 10:40 PM
When the ceremony finished, and all the students were released, Terri was among the first to rush out. Maybe I should try to meet with Aya and Stephanie, they seemed nice, and super knowledgeable about this cafeteria. However, these thoughts were quickly drowned out by her hunger, and she ran out ahead. Once outside, she was greeted with various stations, directing the students to various parts of the campus. She began looking for the one that seemed to be leading towards the cafeteria. Smelling something nice, she drifts towards a particular station. She tugs at the sleeve of someone hanging near the station, and asks 'Scuse me, but would this be the the way to the,um, kaa-feh-tear-ia?

Luck: [roll0] (+1 from strength, +1 from Quaint Greeting) (Sorry, would this be okay?)

Reality Glitch
2014-04-05, 11:16 PM
(( You might want to describe how it is you are using the quaint greeting or I won't allow it. ))

Illven
2014-04-05, 11:54 PM
Lady Stephanie's butt in will probably apply here counteracting her luck flaw, and if I still fail I'll use Destiny bond to succeed. (Or if I fall unconscious, we all do? :smallconfused: :smalltongue:)

[roll0]

Mekboy
2014-04-06, 06:23 AM
Temporarily distracted from thoughts of revenge against imagined slights by the mob of students fighting their way out of the auditorium, Natsume decided to head for the cafeteria. She was feeling pretty peckish. If she remembered correctly, it was back through that corridor with the faulty lighting.

Angelalex242
2014-04-06, 02:00 PM
[roll0] Skill roll, +athletics for quicker movement.

And, here's where I do something mean. I use Misfortune to smack everyone's luck roll with a -2. Which means people that roll a 6 or a 5 on their luck rolls...fail after all. A rolled 7 will still succeed, however. It also negates Destiny's Bond, as it's being opposed by supernatural power

Fortune could be a fickle thing...beneficial one moment, then a harsh mistress the next. In this case, though, it's more her spiritual power keeping those who relied on fortune from relying on it too heavily, as spiritual pressure caused times to be just that little bit missed, or happy accidents change to unhappy misfortune.

Meanwhile, she attempted to catch up with him, intending to give him the gift he'd left behind. She was quite spry for a priestess, and all she had to do was NOT lose him in the crowd.

Reality Glitch
2014-04-09, 08:23 PM
Terri manages to get the attention of the other canine from the rally. He turns towards her and speaks, "Well, I'm actually trying to find the same thing, but I think the station might be malfunctioning. Maybe it'll work if you try." He steps aside to let Terri at the controls.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-10, 11:25 AM
Uh oh...I hope no one expects me to try fixing it... Terri thought, slowly approaching the control panel. O-okay, let me take a at it. She says, looking at the screen.Ohkay Terri, calm down, don't make a fool of yourself in front of what may be the only other canine in this place... Thankfully, the display was in english, which she can read fairly proficiently, and the finds what she thinks is the right one. Cafehtearia...hopefully the word starts with a C and ends with an A..... Pressing the button, she looks up, expecting to see the result.

Angelalex242
2014-04-10, 12:14 PM
Having lost sight of him, the priestess simply gets back to business, which is finding her dorm room, and getting a map and a good feel for the campus she'd be on for the next rather long time.