PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Champions of the Forgotten (Game of 'Thropes)

Pages : [1] 2

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-04, 02:51 PM
A week had passes, and no word from the gang. Still, Autumn had kept Russ company around the gym as she waited on her ticket to Johto. Nothing much of interest had happened except for a small explosion up at the robotic lab at the edge of town, but neither of you had found out much information on that, and the fact that Ratchet had been cleared of all charges. A body turned up a couple days later of the Body Snatcher with the Gold Magnemtie, and he'd been found with the entirety of his chest been torn out. Thankfully, Christian had spared the pair photos, but even then, his descriptions were still enough to make the stomach churn.

Autumn soon bids farewell to her buddy Russ. She had to go to the airport the day before his first match, unfortunately.

Unlike the last time she was on a plane, this was a public flight. Seemed a safer option, considering what happened last time. Autumn stows away her overhead bag, and cracks open her book on Johto culture. Since she no longer had a need to learn Orrean, she had spent her time this week learning something more useful.

Someone takes the seat next to Autumn, but she was too interested reading up on the history of the war between the Bellsprout Monks and the Dragon Clan of the 16th century that she didn't notice who they were.

'Whatcha' readin'?' asks a little girl in a kimono, who was buckled in next to Autumn, peering over her shoulder. 'Oh cool! Is that the picture of the Dwagonite goin' all fhwoosh on the monks? I seen that one in my school books.'

Oh great, she was stuck next to a kid for the bloody flight.

Back in Orre, SEISMIC TOSS was in a room with 4 other wrestlers. Other than Vaun, he was with Lady Eclipso, a mid-ranking acrobatic style wrestler, Kreig, a large heavyset man (who Russ once mistook for a Snorlax genetic, but turned out he was just fat), and another rookie called Terry, who was still in the process of picking a ring name, and was rather intimidated by the fact that Russ, Hero of Pewter, joined up the same week as him.

Cat and Vaun were going over the line-up. Russ was on the 2nd match, against someone known as Heart. Unfortunately he'd been so excited about his match that he'd forgotten to do any research on this guy, other than knowing he'd been in 2 matches and won both.

'So, any questions, or are you guys all set for the match tomorrow?' Catarina asked everyone. She looked at Russ and Terry. 'Just remember, this is only an intro match. You don't need to worry about winning or loosing. But if I don't see you trying your hardest, I'll have you on toilet scrubbing duty for the next fortnight.'

KujiUn
2014-04-04, 03:04 PM
"ALL SET! No worries, I'll definitely do my best!" It was really too bad that the group couldn't be there to watch his match, but still, it was match time!

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-04, 03:16 PM
Autumn blinked, and sighed, greeeeeat... but she put up a simple face of congeniality, "yes, I don't know much about Johto so I wanted to get some insight before we get there," she didn't talk like she was talking to a child, and when she realizes it, she nearly facepalms, but doesn't, if she did the kid would probably copy her. So, instead of self bludgeoning, she went with something a little more subtle, "I won't bore you with the details, though," she was tempted to let Quark out of his ball, but then she realized she'd just have two little kids next to her and discarded the idea, and her other pokemon, except Violet, were too big for that, and Violet was way to small to consider. So, instead, she went back to reading, regardless, this would be a LONG flight if this kid was anything like the ones back in Celadon.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-05, 02:18 PM
Russ

Everyone else also gave an affirmative, except Vaun who apparently didn't need to be asked.

'Ok, then I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow, then you'll get the bullet-train to Phenac. Vaun is in-charge. Bring your costume, a team of 6, and your trainer IDs. Forget any of those, and you ain't coming.'

With a wave of her hand, she dismisses everyone. Soon, only Russ and Terry are left.

'I can't wait till tomorrow, I finally get to see Russ-senpai fight for reals! Ahem, sorry, SEISMIC TOSS! I mean, yeah, I have my debut match too, but I'm just as excited to see you fight!' He looks about the slowly emptying gym.

'Want me to walk you back to your hotel Russ-senpai?'

Why yes, SEISMIC TOSS does have his own fanboy :smalltongue:

Autumn

'Bleh, history books are boring. I bet it doesn't even have any pop-ups.' She looks about bored. 'Why do you wanna go to Johto anyway? It's not as cool as Orre. We don't have those cool Genta... Genics... Poke-people! I seen a man sooooo big, and he had massive red arms, and he was even a Ranger! And I seen another woman with grey skin and shark fins on her arms! It was sooo cool! And that giant monster!!! I totally wish I could have seen that, don't you? The big Tentacruel! I wanted to ride it, but mum said ....' She then proceeds to list off another 50 or so reasons why Orre is much cooler than Jotho before she notices Autumn was still reading instead of paying attention to her.

'.... so why are you going to Johto then miss? Are you gonna join Team Rocket or something?'

KujiUn
2014-04-05, 02:40 PM
Ugh. Why, Irn, why! Kuji was incredibly disappointed that his GM would stoop so low into... wait, this isn't about Kuji. Right. Russ looked at the funny speaking man, before grinning. "Yeah, I can't wait to see you wrestle too!" Russ then thought about it. "Yeah, alright, sure. But isn't your place somewhere else?"

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-05, 03:28 PM
By this point in time, Autumn's eyes are bright red, but not quite glowing, she had to practice suppressing it eventually, this was as good a time as any, "I'm not a tourist. And no, I'm not joinging Team Rocket, I was on the wrong end of their invasion in Pewter City," she replies, leveling her gaze at the girl past the book's edge, "Johto's gonna be just as interesting as Orre for me, at the very least," she continues with a small smirk.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-06, 08:59 PM
Russ

'Well I'm sure Russ-senpai can give me pointers on the way home!' The kid was practically bouncing. A large hand on his shoulder stops him.

'Calm down Terry. We still need to get your last forms filled in and you need to pick your stage name if you're using one.' Vaun has to practially drag the kid into the office. 'Russ, you head on back now. Be careful, it's late and the streets have been dangerous recently. Sure you're a big guy, but a bit of caution never hurt anyone.'

Autumn

The little kid gives Autumn a doubting look.

'Pfft, yeah right. As if you'd ever fight a Rocket. I've seen the people that can stand up to Team Rocket. You're not tall enough.'

A woman in a kimono, likely the child's mother, girls her a small prod on the head from the seat behind. Obviously a signal to mind her manners.

The scolded child looks about for something else to talk about. 'So what are you then, if not a Rocket? A trainer? You wanna take the gym challenge? Or are you here for the Safari Zone?' A sudden naughty look crosses her face. 'Don't tell me you want to be a kimono girl?' she asks, snickering. 'Frilly dresses, dances, and Eeveelutions?' Once again, her mother pokes her on the head.

KujiUn
2014-04-06, 09:34 PM
"Alright! Don't you worry!" Russ heads out, almost bullrushing his way back to the hotel. No one's going to stop a big, fast man, right?

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-07, 02:20 PM
Autumn rolls her eyes then looks at the kid, "Red was shorter than I am, and he was the original one to take them on," she retorts, "and I'd look silly in a kimono, I'm not exactly a girly girl. As for what I am," she looks directly at the girl, grins, and lets her eyes glow, "I'm just a trainer looking to get some help catching a legend."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-07, 05:27 PM
Autumn

The little girl looks at her own kimono, a little annoyed. 'Yeah, I know. I wish I didn't need to wear one. I wanna be a samurai, not a silly kimono girl.'

Yet again, she gets a poke on the head from her mother.

'Your a trainer who wants to catch a legend? Whoa, just like Mokuo. She's the only trainer I know with a legendary pokemon, well, other than those old guys from Hoenn. And she fights Team Rocket too!' It was clear that this kid idolised whoever this Mokuo was. 'You should fight her, although she could totally kiss your ass.'

The earns an unladylike snort from the child's mother.

'Are you gonna catch Suicune? Or Virizion?' She waves a waggy finger at you threateningly. 'You can't catch Diancie! She's gonna be mine when I grow up! You stay away from her!'

Russ

Russ does indeed head back quickly. So quickly infact that he almost misses misses the sound of a click and a flash from one of the alleys he runs by. Skidding to a halt, Russ hears the sound of someone walking out of the alley. It sounds like they were walking, so Russ could probably outrun them. Wait? Does that sound like they are dragging something?

What will Russ do? Stay and investigate, or high-tail it outta there?

KujiUn
2014-04-07, 05:32 PM
Russ steps towards the alley, wondering what was going on. This guy might be holding something heavy! Might as well go help~ Russ approaches the person. "Hey, need help with your thingy?" He also leans a bit so he can see what the thing he's dragging is.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-07, 05:48 PM
'No need Russ. After all, it's for you' says a voice with an unmistakeable Kanto accent. The figure pulls out a pokeball and lets out a pokemon, behind Russ!

The unmistakeable sight of a Golbat pops up behind Russ. Once again, a camera click and a flash, pointed at Russ.

'I thought you might like a gift. You know, from one old friend to another.' The man holds out his hands, to show he's no threat, then calmly steps a good 10 feet away from the bag. 'After all, you did so much for me.'

KujiUn
2014-04-07, 05:52 PM
"Eh?" Why would the guy get out a Pokemon... well, it is a flying Pokemon! Maybe he's offering to take him to the hotel! How nice. Wait. Those things don't carry much, do they. That can't be it.

"Oh, uh, thanks!" Russ picks up the bag, and looks at it. Wonder what it is~

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-07, 07:13 PM
Inside Russ sees a person, broken and beaten. Not a person, a genetic. One who was beaten so badly, it was hard to make out what type of genetic they were supposed to be. Their left eye was smashed in, and blood caked their fur.

Another flash. The man had his camera out again, and had just taken a picture. A picture of Russ standing over a beaten genetic in a bag.

'You heard the rumours? About someone going around, attacking genetics? People have been thinking that someone is going around committing hate crimes. The genetics have been getting jumpy, worrying just which human might jump out of the shadows and attack them.'

The man takes another step back, away from Russ.

'So, I hear a friend of yours has my Aipom.'

KujiUn
2014-04-07, 07:20 PM
Wait, what? "You're the one... who was beating up the genetics?" Russ put the bag down gently, tense and ready to hit him hard. "They're gone now. I'm by myself. And I definitely won't let you go this time." Russ moved menacingly towards the man, grabbing his collar. "I'm gonna take you down and make sure no one else suffers." And Russ starts by slamming him in the gut.

SLAM! [roll0] AC6
[roll1] P-Normal

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-07, 08:22 PM
"I think you mean kick, not kiss," Autumn says, "and it's likely, I've been beaten before. But I'm going for Shaymin or Celebi, they share my favored type. Virizion might be nice to meet though."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-08, 05:37 PM
Russ

The guy easily slaps away Russ's hand, dodging to the side. 'Not so hard when I outnumber you this time around.' A Confuse Ray hits Russ in the back, confusing him.

'And I didn't hurt any genetics. You did Russ. I have proof, see!' He nods towards his phone, which he was holding behind him, out of Russ's reach. 'One move and I send this picture to a local news station. I know you're not used to using your brain, but think about what would happen if I did that. Who would you rather get their hands on you? The genetics, or the Policia?'

Autumn

The kid gives Autumn a sceptical look. 'Celebi? I don't think you can catch her. You should go for the other one!'

She counts aloud Celebi, Shaymin and Virizion. 'Wait, you are a grass trainer?'

KujiUn
2014-04-08, 06:37 PM
Russ wasn't confused, but at the same time he was confused. "Dammit! You can't do this! No one will believe you!" He still backed down, just a little. He couldn't take them both out, not yet. Or... he makes another grab at the man. He'll deal with the consequences later. Now, he needed to stop that guy from beating up the Genetics!

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-08, 07:22 PM
"That's right, though if anyone saw my team they'd think I specialized in fighting types," Autumn replies, "and shaymin is my preferred, if only because it's cuter. Celebi is still the pretty one though," she looks at the child, "do you have any pokemon of your own?"

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-08, 08:33 PM
Russ

'You know, you might be able to beat me,' Russ hears an awful crunching sound, and the Golbat chomps down on the injured genetic, 'but it's not me you should worry about. Stop the bad guy, or protect the innocent. You ain't really got much of a choice, do ya?' He calmly flicks Russ right in the forehead, taunting him.

'Now you better put me down and answer some damn questions about where the Muk is my stupid monkey.'

Autumn

'Yep. I have the best-est pokemon of them all. I got a Farfetch'd! Bet you wish you had one, huh? When I turn ten, I'm going to get my trainer license and catch others too!' She holds out her hand and starts counting. 'I wanna Mankey, anda Espurr, anda Koffing, anda ....' she continues to list random pokemon that have no similarities or theme or anything, not cute or strong, just seemingly random ones.

KujiUn
2014-04-08, 08:38 PM
"I. Don't. KNOW!" Russ invoked Cresselia's power from the mask he was given, and charged at the Golbat!

Heart Stamp AC2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] P-Psy

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-09, 09:51 AM
Autumn nods, "interesting choices," she replies, "most trainers like to stick to a theme, but you seem to be aiming for a balanced team. That's a good choice."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-09, 12:55 PM
Russ

While Russ is distracted by the Golbat, he can hear the sound of running as the guy takes off running. The bat floats up, then dive bombs the wrestler for 46 p flying damage with an Aerial Ace.

Autumn

'Balanced Team? What's that? I just picked Pokemon I like!'

Luckily, the stewardess arrived and served dinner, which thankfully shut up the little kid. Autumn now had a chance to go back to reading her book if she wanted.

Any information on Johto you would like to know before you land?

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-09, 01:45 PM
"It's pokemon that complement each other" Autumn replies just before the food arrives. Then she goes back to her book.

Not that I can think of ATM.

KujiUn
2014-04-09, 04:44 PM
Russ tries charging the Golbat again, finding it a good enough distraction.

Damage: [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-10, 06:42 PM
Autumn

'Complement? What? Like tell my Farfetch'd she looks pretty?' The girls shrugs, not understanding, and tucks into her meal. It was strange, how about a quarter of the people on the flight ate with chopsticks, including Autumn's travelling companion and her mother. Yeah, it was obvious you were getting close to Johto now.

'Hey, look! The Whirl Islands! We are near Cianwood.' Down below, 4 islands were surrounded by whirlpools and vicious tidal waves. It was like the island was surrounded by a permanent storm.

Russ

The Golbat responds by dashing past past Russ and slashing his chest open with it's wing, cutting him. Russ takes 35 p flying damage.

KujiUn
2014-04-10, 06:49 PM
Russ staggers back, charging at the Golbat again!

Damage: [roll1] P-Psy

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-10, 10:39 PM
"It means ones strengths covers the others weaknesses and vice versa. Like... the trio of starters for each region, Grass, Fire, and Water, each covers weaknesses of the others. Fire is effective against bug and ice types which are effective against grass types, while a grass type is effective against water, ground, and rock, all effective against fire, while water can deal with fire, ground, and rock, which are effective against the other two. Adding in a fairy type would cover the one type that blocks all three of them, Dragon," Autumn replies, "it's like... pairing two foods that taste good on their own to make something that tastes a lot better. Like chocolate and marshmellows to make s'mores. As a grass trainer, that's even more important for me, I need to find pokemon I can work with that naturally counter their own disadvantages and those of my other pokemon."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-11, 07:25 PM
Russ

The Golbat loops round and hits Russ once more, for 33 p flying damage.

Not thinking of sending something out? :smallconfused: Nope? Ok. Carry on.

Autumn

She scratches her little chin. 'Huh, that makes a lot of sense. My daddy just uses the "Hit 'em hard so they go down" strategy.'

Her little eyes go wide. 'Oh, you should totally take me hunting! We can go to the Safari Zone, and you can help catch me something complementary!' She tugs on Autumn's sleeves. 'Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.'

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-11, 11:41 PM
Autumn looks back at the girl's mother, "might be for you to decide on that one," she says. She was a complete stranger to them, even if she had been friendly, but who knows.

KujiUn
2014-04-12, 01:17 PM
Russ then remembers, and takes out ZAP, before punching the Golbat! (SPD14)

Arms AC6: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-15, 05:37 AM
Autumn

The mother thinks it over. 'My daughter has taken a shine to you. If my husband has free time, he could take you and Ise to the start of the safari zone, which should be safe enough. And in return I extend to you the hospitality of my house. Do you have any plans for dinner tonight miss?'

Russ

Zap doesn't get to do anything, as Russ punches it out of the sky.

KujiUn
2014-04-15, 05:39 AM
Russ then pants, a bit exhausted from the battle. Punching out flying bats was hard work! He picks up the bag and the Golbat, hurrying to the Pokecenter to get the genetic treated, ZAP following along.

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-15, 11:50 AM
"Nothing comes to mind," Autumn replies, "could give her some pointers for how to train pokemon as well, who knows, maybe she'll be able to take on the Elite's some day, I'm on my way to it myself," she pulls a small badge case and opens it, "I've had a bit of luck with it," she says, showing the four badges she possessed.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-16, 03:31 PM
Russ

Soon Russ arrives at the hospital, and receives strange looks from the nurses, which soon turn to horror when they look in the bag. Russ is ordered to stay put while they contact the police, and the man is rushed off on a crash cart.

Just giving Russ a chance if he wants to do anything before the Policia get there, like phone someone or run away.

Autumn

'Oh, that is impressive. Perhaps you might be able to beat Mokou after all' teases the mother.

'Nuh-uh, no way!' says Ise. 'Cos she might be strong, but Fire beats grass type, right miss? Plus Mokou has those nasty powers! She could probably beat daddy though!' Ise and her mother both giggle at that.

'Indeed. A trainer with 4 badges who is hunting a legend and plans to take on the Elites is no-one to take lightly. My husband on the other hand, is a fool. Well, if you are doing nothing tonight you are more than welcome to spend the evening in our house. I could prepare some traditional Johtan food for you. Vegetarian of course.' She nods towards Autumn's airline meal.

KujiUn
2014-04-16, 03:33 PM
Russ does do something! He calls Christian! As soon as he picks up, he quickly says. "Hey, Christian! I found the guy who was beating up all the genetics."

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-16, 03:57 PM
"Fire does beat grass, but I have a few water types and a ground type on my team, I actually don't have as many grass types as you'd think, a lilligant, a leafeon, a grotle, and a type synced shuckle," Autumn says simply, "outside of them, I have a croconaw, a combusken, a mienfoo, a joltik, a lapras, a stunfisk, a zubat, a castform, a flabebe, and a mime jr." she says. There's a bit of a pause, "You know, I don't believe I gave my name, I'm Autumn Mikon," she says, both to the child and her mother, "It'd be silly to have me at your house without knowing my name after all."

Then she gets a thought, "earlier, did you say you wanted Jirachi?" she asks, the kid hadn't pronounced the name right if she did, but it was the only mon she could think of that sounded similar.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-16, 06:39 PM
Autumn

The mother nods. 'I am Yuki Kenta, and this is my daughter Ise Kenta.'

Little Ise shakes her head. 'I don't want a Jirachi. You shouldn't have more than 2 legendary pokemon. More than that would be greedy, right? Diancie will be enough for me. Besides, wishes are kinda boring. Why would you want to just wish for something? Shouldn't you do it on your own? Wishing sounds kinda like cheating to me.'

Russ

'I'LL BE RIGHT THERE' says Christian when he learns where Russ is. Not long after, a couple burly porters escort Russ to a room until the police come. After waiting about 20 minutes, Christian and Captain Roh appear, not that Russ knows who Captain Roh was, since he didn't meet him back in the hospital.

'Hello Senor. I am Captain Roh of the Policia.' Oh, never mind. Russ knows who he is now. The Orrean officer lights up a cigarette and offers one to Christian, who declines. 'I believe you have some things to tell us? I know you are a ... special case, but we can't just let you walk away without questioning you on what happened now, can we? If you would be so kind.' He motions for Russ to start explaining. The large genetic lays a comforting hand on Russ's shoulder and nods.

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-16, 06:48 PM
"Nice to meet you both," Autumn replies, at least she could hold a polite conversation, that was one thing she hadn't lost.

"I've never heard of that one, actually, only reason I asked is because it sounded so close to Jirachi. Chi's actually with a friend of mine right now," Autumn says, "which one is Diancie?"

KujiUn
2014-04-16, 06:52 PM
Russ started explaining. "See, there was this guy who was in Kanto with us, but he tried to beat the others up or something. I'm not sure, I didn't get there until after they beat him, and I had to carry him to the station. Anyways, apparently they took some Pokemon of his or something, because he's been wanting them back. That seems a bit weird of them." Russ then continued. "But now, he's going around beating up Genetics and trying to frame them on me. Like, he took a picture of me holding the bag where he stuffed the guy in. He asked me where his Pokemon were, but I have no idea."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-17, 01:19 PM
Russ

Roh looks rather annoyed, while Christian looks concerned.

'If this is true Senor, then unfortunately we have very little information to go on about this man. We don't know his name, we don't know what pokemon he does or doesn't have. If he can beat up several genetics without being spotted, then we can assume he is a competent battler, either physically or with strong pokemon. First things first, Senor Christian, could you take the young man back to his hotel. I need to make some phone calls. If he tries to send the fake picture to a news station, I might be able to stop them publishing it. If he posts it on the web, there will be little I can do once it spreads.'

'SURE THING. LEAVE RUSS TO ME, I WILL LOOK AFTER HIM! I AM JUST GLAD YOU BELIEVE HIM ROH. NOT MANY POLICIA WOULD GIVE HIM THE CHANCE.'

'Si. But I know a little about the group he is part of, and know we are not to interfere. But more than that, I doubt someone who would attack genetics would be close friends with you Christian.'

'YOU CAN SAY THAT!' Christian and Roh both laugh. 'COME. YOU WANT TO GO TO HOTEL, OR I CAN TAKE YOU TO MAMA'S AND GET YOU SOMETHING TO EAT, AND KEEP AN EYE ON YOU TONIGHT.'

Autumn

'Diancie is the princess of all the little Carbink! She's pretty, and strong. I have a picture book about her in my room that I could read to you.' Ise was practically glowing.

'Chi?' Asks the mother. 'Chi as in Lady Caitlin's Jirachi? I must say, you are indeed a most impressive trainer if you can count Lady Caitlin and her Jirachi among your friends.'

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-17, 01:29 PM
"Well, with the Friedrich's sponsoring my friends and I, it's a given you'll meet some interesting people," Autumn replies, "I did have to leave the group for a while though. It's why I'm heading to Johto, actually."

KujiUn
2014-04-17, 01:31 PM
Russ nods. "Yeah, I sure am hungry. Let's go eat." He stands up and gets going, following Christian.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-18, 11:21 AM
Russ

Russ and Christian drive off to the bistro, where Mama whips up some amazing cooking for Russ, and constantly fusses over him, making sure he's alright. It was getting pretty late.

'SURE YOU STILL WANT TO GO TO MATCH TOMORROW?' asks Christian.

Autumn

'Well I hope your trip to Johto is successful. It looks like we are about to land.' Yuki leans over the chair and ensures her little daughter is buckled up tightly. The plane banks over Cianwood Island. Autumn could see all of the town, and could make out a large forested area in the distance that could only be the Safari Zone, high up on the cliffs. She could also spot the docks, where many boats were anchored.

'Oh dear. Seems the dock is shut for today due to the storms. It may be a day or two until you can get to the mainland.'

KujiUn
2014-04-18, 12:34 PM
That was an option? "Of course I do! No matter what, wrestling is my life!" Russ pumps his arms to show Christian. "But yeah, I should be careful there too, I guess." He shuddered at the bagged man. "Oh, that's right! Is he gonna be alright? The guy I found."

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-18, 05:12 PM
"I guess that means I can take my time then," Autumn says, "I'll be able to explore the safari zone in depth," she'd also have the chance to see if anyone else was interested in soccer.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-20, 11:25 AM
Russ

'HE WILL LIVE. ONE EYE, PROBABLY NO WORK ANY LONGER. BUT IS BETTER TO BE ALIVE WITH ONE EYE THAN DEAD AND WITH TWO, EH?' Christian nodded, as if he had imparted deep philosophical advice upon Russ. 'IN LAST WEEK, 11 GENETICS HAVE BEEN BADLY HURT. WE HAD NO CLUE. NOW WE KNOW WHY. THIS MAN WANTS TO FRAME YOU. WE STOP THAT, BUT WE NOT STOP HIM. WITH THE OTHERS AWAY ON MISSION, IT'S LIKELY HE WILL COME AFTER YOU AGAIN. YOU KNOW THIS, YEAH?' He pats Russ on the shoulder once again. 'NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM, YOU CRUSH HIM! BUST UP HIS FACE LIKE HE HAS BUSTED UP INNOCENT MEN AND WOMEN. HE HAS PICKED A POOR ENEMY IF HE WANTS TO FIGHT SEISMIC TOSS, EH? MAKE SURE AND SHOW HIM THAT!'

Autumn

As the plane touches down, Yuki takes Ise to let Autumn out. 'We'll get off the plane last, since I have a child. You go on ahead.'

As Autumn heads off the plane and through the check in, someone cuts her off before she can have her passport checked.

'Miss Autumn Mikon? Please come this way to check in instead' and he motioned to a little side door that bypassed the security checks.

KujiUn
2014-04-20, 02:23 PM
"Yeah! I'll show him!" Russ ate the rest of his meal, and grinned. "I'll take him down, so this doesn't happen any more! You can count on me!"

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-20, 10:12 PM
Autumn looks at the man with a raised eyebrow, "I'd prefer to stay in public view with recent events," she replies simply, "unless there's an emergency as to why I should follow you I'll be sticking to the main gates."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-21, 08:15 AM
Autumn

'The emergency is that someone has been talking about a mission to come on over here and find a Celebi, in public view. Now come along little girl, the Admins would like a word with you.'

He opened his jacket to reveal a pistol, and also to reveal to Autumn that there was a small red R sewn onto his shirt pocket.

'Unless you'd like things to escalate, and risk the public, I suggest you move it. It'd be such a shame if you ran, and that sweet little girl yu were talking to got hit in the crossfire.' He pulled a cartoonishly sad face. 'Such a shame.'

Russ

Russ wolfed down the rest of the meal, while he and Christian talked about old wrestling matches for the rest of the night, and Mama kept fussing over Russ, insisting that he still looked pale. Eventually Russ retired for an early night.

He was awoken by a pounding on the door, as the other members for todays matches were all waiting outside for him, Christian having informed the gym where Russ was staying.

Vaun explained what was going to happen to Terry and Russ, while Eclipso and Krieg chatted away, used to this by now. 'You bring a change of clothes, your ID and 6 pokeballs, and when the match is starting, you pick 3 of those to fight alongside. Don't worry about cash, I got the train tickets and enough for us all to grab a meal on the way back. We are taking the bullet train there, but just stick beside me and you shouldn't get lost.'

'And remember, keep safe and fight fair. No fighting unless it's in the ring. We have standards to uphold.'

EdroGrimshell
2014-04-21, 09:31 AM
Autumn raises a brow at the man, leans back, and punches him full in the face, "...go ahead, I've seen the void already," she grins, "and I hope to see each and every rocket there some day."

Unarmed
AC: [roll0]
Crit: [roll2]

And with that, I bow out. Good Bye everyone, it was fun right up until the Volt Eater encounter.

KujiUn
2014-04-21, 09:57 AM
"Alright! I'll take... ZAP, TAD, HORN, PLANT, HAWK, and HEAD." Russ said, arranging his team and getting his change of clothes from the PC. "Right. I'm ready to go!"

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-23, 04:34 PM
I'll do Autumn's death scene when I have time to type up something epic. Just can't keep Kuji back till then.

The group sets off and walks across town to the train station, and they get on the bullet train. It takes a solid 5 hours to get to Phenac, even on the super fast bullet train. Most pass the time by reading, while Terry was still so jumpy, he was shadow boxing in the middle of the cabin, annoying Vaun enough to earn him a hit. It's early afternoon by the time Russ gets off the train.

'We got an hour before we need to hit the stadium. Anything you kids wanna do until then?'

KujiUn
2014-04-23, 05:41 PM
"Hm. Let's go around the city! I'm not sure what there is in Phenac, to be honest..."

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-25, 09:48 AM
Vaun elbows Krieg, who coughs then rattles off all the main hot-spots.

'There is the fountains, which is where many of the tourists gather. Then there is the market place, where you'll find a bunch of deals, both good and bad, which can all be haggled over. There is the Pre-Gym, but you don't have time for that. There is the Outskirt Stand, which you can get a shuttle to, nice little place where you can eat or battle. And of course, there is a Colosseum where there is both pokemon battling and martial arts tournaments, of course today it's ours for the matches. I think they were also building a new breeder's hut over on the east side recently, so it should be done.'

KujiUn
2014-04-25, 07:22 PM
"Alright! Let's go to the fountains so lots of people can come watch us in our matches!" Russ then looked around, looking for where the fountains might be.

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-27, 03:57 PM
Russ soon arrives at the fountain, where lots of tourists and young locals were relaxing. More than a few kids were splashing round inside the fountain, while lots of young men and ladies were sitting on the side, flirting and romancing. An old man nearby was running a cart, and waves over to Russ and the other wrestlers, tempting them in to buy some Casteliacones.

KujiUn
2014-04-27, 04:11 PM
Nah, maybe later. "Alright, guys, let's try to promote our matches! Jay is nice and all, but we still want fans cheering us on, right!?" And so, Russ goes up to almost everyone, promoting the wrestling matches today!

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-29, 11:32 AM
Russ and the others try to go drum up some interest, but most people thought it too nice a day to bother going to attend the match. And other than Vaun, they were all a bunch of no namers. Even when Terry tried to announce the debut match of "Russ, hero of Pewter City" most people hadn't heard of him.

KujiUn
2014-04-29, 12:20 PM
"Daw. Oh well. Hey, let's get going to the stadium. We don't wanna be late for our first match!" And so, to the stadium!

IrnBruAddict
2014-04-30, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately, the rest of the group were now a little down-heartened by the lack of interest Russ had generated, and trudged behind him to the stadium.

Inside the stadium, it was about half full. It couldn't be called jam packed, but at least there were some people there to watch, and most seemed interested, although there were a few people snoozing in the stands.

Vaun leads the gang into the dressing room, and Eclipso splits off to go get changed herself, and she would be fighting first. The visiting dressing rooms were a bit bare, maybe on the small side. As Russ is fishing out his clothes from his bag, he can already hear the sounds of cheering as Eclipso and her opponent both enter the ring. Too bad there were no TVs backstage to watch. It was typical to start the matches off with a women's league match. Russ would be next, then Terry would come out before the break, which was typically the least interesting match-up. After the break, things would resume with Krieg (usually the 2nd last match would be a tag match, but no tag teams were fighting today), and finish with Vaun who was headlining so that any latecomers could buy tickets for the last fight.

Vaun comes over. 'Russ, got a message from yourr opponent. He's asking if you want a split match or a cage match? He'll let you choose.' Russ could remember Catarina explaining this before, when he was training. A split match was like the one he watched The Devil fight in, back in Kanto. The humans in one ring, and their pokemon in a separate ring. If a team was eliminated before a wrestler went down, matches could end early. On the other hand, with a cage match, both fighters would be allowed pokemon in the ring with them, and can chose to attack their opponent or their pokemon. They were more vicious, and with greater risks. Ignoring the opponents pokemon to attack only them, and they might whittle down all your pokemon and you'd then have to fight solo. Focus on the mon, and you might faint before you can win. The split match was viewed more professionally, while the cage match was more brutal, but some fans liked it alot more.

KujiUn
2014-04-30, 10:33 PM
"We'll do a split match!" So lucky that Russ was able to pick.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-01, 04:52 PM
After a few minutes, the crowd start to cheer, and Russ sees Eclipso come back, with her face cut and bleeding, but smiling.

'Warmed 'em up for ya' kid, go get 'em!'

Russ takes his leave, and sees the ring shifting for a split type match. Russ's opponent was about a year or two older than him, skinnier but still buff, and taller than him. He would have been quite a looker, if not for a nasty scar over his left eye. Pitch black short hair, and a pointy black goatee, no mask or costume. Went by the name of Fury Fist. He shakes Russ's hand silently when he enters, and takes his place, ready to start.

Right, check the map on the pad, and choose who you are sending out. Once you do and place it on the map, he's faster and acts first.

KujiUn
2014-05-01, 04:59 PM
"Nice to meet ya." SEISMIC TOSS shook his hand and went to his side of the ring, taking out TAD!

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-02, 01:11 PM
Russ's opponent advanced cautiously

Yeah ... that's all he can do, Russ and TAD next

KujiUn
2014-05-03, 01:46 AM
Russ starts by charging the man, getting close and making a thrusting motion with his shoulders to attempt to distract him! (oh I forgot the word that you're supposed to use in these situations)
TAD, meanwhile, dashes to the center, a ring of water circling his waist. He looks ready to fight!

Russ activates Run, Baby, Run!
Overland increased to 7!
Initiative changed to 21!
Evasion changed to 5!

Both move down to row 11.

TAD uses Aqua Ring!

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-07, 04:37 PM
The Wartortle does the same, activating Aqua Ring, but instead moving away from the approaching TAD.

Since ST increased his speed, he's next.

KujiUn
2014-05-08, 07:23 AM
Russ goes for a lunge on the other wrestler!

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-10, 01:40 PM
The wrestler dodges Russ's lunge, and slams a fist into SEISMIC TOSS's chest, hitting for 35 p normal damage.

KujiUn
2014-05-12, 08:43 PM
TAD walks over to the Wartortle a little bit, shouting and making a ruckus to get the mon to fight him!

Uproar:
AC2: [roll0]
Turns lasted: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] S-Normal

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-14, 12:35 PM
The Wartortle runs over, and attempts to sink it's teeth into TAD, only to have it's bite roll off the frog's slimy skin.

Fury runs over and grapples with Russ, grabbing him and slamming him on the mat for 42 p normal damage.

KujiUn
2014-05-18, 10:39 AM
Russ does a leg sweep over on Fury, while TAD continues his Uproar!

Uproar AC2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-18, 10:53 AM
The Wartortle jumps back, then comes barging in again with a Tackle, but it doesn't seem to harm TAD.

Fury takes the hit in the legs, then rolls to the side of Russ, coming up with a Karate Chop for 24 p fighting damage.

KujiUn
2014-05-18, 10:58 AM
Russ rolled over on top of Fury, grabbing one of his arms and going for the pin! (but lets go at the last second because he had to at least make the match a bit longer)
TAD meanwhile continues his Uproar!

Grapple AC?: [roll0]
STR check: [roll1]

Uproar AC2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-19, 06:19 PM
TAD knocks his opponent out, while Russ struggles lamely to hold his opponent. Fury breaks out, and aims a punch at Russ's midsection, but misses and hits nothing but air. A long serpent pokemon comes out to take the cage spot opposite TAD.

the Pokemon is faster, so just Russ right now

KujiUn
2014-05-20, 11:38 AM
Russ dodges and jumps back up, going for a kick upwards!

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-22, 07:13 PM
The new pokemon starts with a blast of leaves to TAD, dealing 38 s grass damage.

KujiUn
2014-05-25, 03:02 PM
And TAD is down! "Alright, HEAD, show 'em what ya got!" HEAD comes out from his Pokeball, ready to fight!

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-25, 03:07 PM
Russ feels another fist slamming into his chest, this time for 35 p normal damage.

KujiUn
2014-05-25, 05:11 PM
Russ returns the blow, this time going out for a SLAM!

Slam AC6: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] P-Normal

In the meanwhile, HEAD quickly closes the gap between the two Pokemon, going for a Fury Cutter!

Fury Cutter AC3: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] P-Bug

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-27, 03:14 PM
The Grass Snake pokemon moves a steady distance away from Head, then fires off and hits him with a Leech Seed. HEAD is now seeded.

An unlucky Karate Chop on Russ leads him to take 45 p fighting damage from a dangerous crit.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-27, 04:48 PM
Meanwhile, elsewhere in Orre, back in Gateon, a taxi pulls up outside the dojo. Supposedly it was run by some woman named Catarina. She was approached by the medical company currently outsourcing Miranda. They wanted some medical tests performed on champion level wrestlers, and Catarina had not one but two in her dojo, so they had paid her a pretty penny to run tests on her wrestlers. And since she was doing work for them, they promised to pay for Miranda's accommodation, living expenses and travel for Miranda while she was out here, giving her days off when she could research the desert and the nearby area.

It was a little after mid-day, so most of the people had finished their siestas and went back inside to work, leaving the streets empty as the afternoon sun blazed down. As Miranda got out of the taxi and removed her bags, two people came out the dojo to greet her. One was a well manicured woman in a suit. Looking at her, it was clear she was no wrestler. Then again, she looked like someone who could handle herself in a fight, but more important than that, it looked like she could more than handle herself in a business meeting. Maybe an ex-soldier or ranger? Still, this woman could only be Catarina. Dark skin, pitch black hair, grey eyes and a body you could bounce a quarter off. Besides her was a man, very tall, bald and dressed in a tank-top and sweatpants. Judging from his tanned body but his pale face, except from a darkening round the eyes, it was likely that this was one of the "luchador" style wrestlers, just out of mask.

'You the muscle doc, here to poke needles in my boys and girls then?' She snapped a finger, and the big man came over to help Miranda with her bags. 'Sorry the gym is a bit empty right now. My main star is off wrestling, along with a couple of my new rookies. The others are likely at the local bistro watching the match on TV. Terrance here can take your bags to your apartment if you want to go for a quick walk around town.' She reached in her pocket, pulling out a set of keys with the name of an apartment complex and the number "27" on it. She tossed them over to Miranda.

It was hard to get a read on her. While she wasn't being to friendly, neither was she being hostile to Miranda. She was keeping a neutral tone.

weirdsound
2014-05-27, 05:37 PM
Miranda's eyes gaze in Catarina's general direction as the gym owner speaks, but the scientist dosn't make eye contact, at least not for long.

"The main focus of this study will be brain damage, not muscles." She declares in a nasally voice, "but yes. I will be examining your wrestlers, ideally just after they return from their matches. I am Dr. Miranda Freud by the way."

Miranda awkwardly reaches out for a handshake, only to find a set of keys flying in her direction! She fumbles them, and blushes slightly before bending down to pick them up. "The bag service is an acceptable arrangement. Terence should be careful though; some of my belongings are quite fragile."

In contrast to her new landlady, Miranda is fairly easy to read. She is clearly respectful towards Catarina and a bit condescending towards Terence. Her lack of eye contact, and the fact that she chose to travel in a lab coat, seem to suggest that she at home in an academic environment, but that her people skills are a bit lacking.

She reaches down and picks up a backpack full of trainer supplies and petrology tools, and turns to leave Terence to the rest.

"Ms. Catarina is it? You should have my contact information from the agency, and I should have yours. I'll pay a visit to the gym to meet whatever performers happen to be hanging around at sunset or so. Feel free to call me if you have any questions about me or my work before then."

With that, Miranda turns away and heads for the beach...

Miranda spends two and a half hours on the beach, combing the ground with the Itemfinder in her petrology kit in search of arcelogical relics and evolution stones. She turns Alfina the Sandile loose to explore with her, as their is nothing a Sandile loves more than sand.

Miranda sort of regrets not changing from her labcoat into more appropriate attire for fieldwork, but she didn't want to keep the dumb muscle company all the way up to her hotel room.

Digging For the Past Attempt 1: [roll0] If result is greater than 20, find some evidence of the areas history, and gain +5 on all future Digging for the Past Rolls until I get a 28 or higher.
Digging For the Past Attempt 2: [roll1] Add +5 if the first digging for the past roll is greater than 20. If result is greater than 20, find some evidence of the areas history, and gain +5 on all future Digging for the Past Rolls until I get a 28 or higher. If the result is at least 28, find an actual piece of local history of the GMs choice.

Stone Search 1: [roll2] If the result is 23 or higher, find an evolution stone of the GMs choice.
Stone Search 2: [roll3] If the result is 23 or higher, find an evolution stone of the GMs choice.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-27, 05:58 PM
Catarina nods in understanding, and orders Terrance to be extra caeful, lest he be on toilet duty all next week. As Miranda leaves, she thinks she hears Catarina mutter under her breath, but can't be sure. 'Performers? What does she think this is, that fake Unovan TV wrestling?'

------------------------

Down on the beach, there didn't seem to be much luck. It seemed what with all the tourists and development on the beach, there wasn't much hope of finding anything without heading further out of town. Too many bottle-caps and cans and sea shells to find anything of value. And some crazy tourist vendor kept distracting her, trying to sell her a t-shirt with a giant Tentacruel on the front, and telling all the tourists some preposterous story about a giant monster Tentacruel appearing on the beach only a week ago. What made it pathetic was that most of the tourists seemed to be falling for it.

Just as she was about to head home, Miranda looks about for Alfina. Calling on her, she eventually surfaces, and with a small grey stone in her jaws, which she presents to her master rather proudly.

weirdsound
2014-05-27, 06:57 PM
"Ahah! A moonstone! Good find Alphina. Adler may thank you for that one in a bit... I guess you get to ride shotgun."

Miranda slips the stone into her bag, and places the Sandile on her shoulder before walking back into town. Her first stop is the hotel, where she changes into a fresh labcoat, makes sure her dream machine is in one piece, and then logs onto the internet to search for pictures of a 'giant Tentacruel' on the beach near Gateon, and discussing them with like minded skeptics on various message boards and IRC channels. She ends up spending longer than expected examining the images, and by the time she finishes it is already near sunset.

[roll0] Internet research on the giant tentacruel attack

Several minutes later, Dr. Miranda Freud walks into the dojo hoping to Darkrai and Cressella that Catarina or somebody would be around to introduce her - Miranda wasn't good at introductions.

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-27, 08:18 PM
Looking online at the pictures, they were mostly of tentacles erupting from up under the ground. Supposedly the creature had torn up the streets. The one picture of the actual creature was low quality, probably snapped from someone's phone. While the pictures could indeed be fake, it was honestly hard to spot where the typical tell-tale signs were. Until she could find further proof otherwise, it looks like it actually happened.

Back at the dojo, it seemed about a half dozen or so wrestlers had returned to the building. Two genetics were sparring in the ring, while a couple of men were working on the bags, there was a female wrestler pumping iron, and a rookie luchador who was sweeping up. In the back, there was an office, and as she entered, that big guy from before came out. He comes over, sheepishly approaching Miranda. 'Umm, the boss lady is in her office, waiting for you. She'd just like a little word before you start. Uhh, if that's alright that is.' Despite being a giant of a man, without his mask, it seemed he was rather shy. Or maybe it was females he had trouble reacting with?

weirdsound
2014-05-27, 09:55 PM
A slight lump cropped up in Miranda's throat as she was told to visit the 'boss lady's' office. What could Catarina possibly want? Would Miranda be fired on the spot? Lectured on scientific ethics? Scolded for her choice of words? (She had caught herself describing these fighters as 'performers' earlier. Perhaps she had been spending too much time talking to internet friends from Kalos)

By the time Miranda reaches the door however, the fears have been dispelled. She hadn't even interacted with the wrestlers yet in any significant fashion, so she couldn't have messed up bad enough to be fired, and she had been scolded about silly things before - and to the best of Miranda's knowledge, such scolding didn't cause too much harm to her subconscious.

It is with an air of confidence that Miranda enters the office and takes whatever seat is offered to her.

KujiUn
2014-05-28, 05:12 PM
Russ takes the hit and falls back, stabilizing himself before he hits the mat for another SLAM!

Slam AC6: [roll0] No evasion is applied, due to the earlier Slam hitting

HEAD charges in for another cut!

Fury Cutter AC3: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] P-Bug

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-29, 03:49 PM
Russ

The man throws another Karate Chop, but Russ manages to deflect the blow with his arm.

On the other hand, the Servine shoots out vines, and wraps up Head, hitting him for 11 p normal damage, and trapping him for 3 turns. He also looses 5 hp from the Leech Seed, which heals the Servine.

Miranda

Why would Catarina call Miranda into her office?
Totally not so Irn can stall so Russ can finish up his fight ...nope, totally not >.>

The woman was sitting behind her desk, a bored look on her face and a glass of something alcoholic in her hand. She gives it a little swirl and a sip as she looks up at Miranda.

'Hey, the fighters should be back soon, but are running a little late, so feel free to start with that lot out there, they can at least make themselves useful while they aren't training. But let me just say one thing' She gives Miranda a cold look over her glass. 'I take my boys and girls health seriously. If you tell me they'll be fine with you poking about in their brains, I'll accept that, but I'll damn well hold you to it. You might want to be careful with the Genetics. I don't know what's different in their brain patters, but make sure and take that into account. If you can follow those rules, you're free to ask the boys for any help if you need someone for heavy lifting or accompanying you if you wanna head outside in the desert. Provided they have no up-coming matches, of course.'

She reaches under her desk and pulls out another glass, and holds up the bottle to offer Miranda a drink.

KujiUn
2014-05-29, 04:10 PM
Russ notices HEAD struggling and goes for pinning Fury Fist into the mat!

STR check: [roll0]

HEAD, however, seems to teleport away from the vines, leaving behind a copy! And another copy appears adjacent to the vined copy, who still looks like he's struggling!

Double Team~

weirdsound
2014-05-29, 04:56 PM
Miranda nods and accepts the drink, giving the bottle a slight sniff and swirl and swirl before pouring herself a glass. "Thank you then. I wasn't planning on doing anything worse than X-Rays, MRIs, and shining lights in their eyes for this study, but the fact that you are open to more intrusive research on your fighters if I can assure their safety does open doors for me."

"Do any of these fighters have substance abuse issues? That is kind of important for me to know," the taste of alcohol reminds Miranda to ask.

Miranda takes a deep breath, already feeling a bit more comfortable. Business people cared about results above all else, which made them somewhat predictable and thus easy to work with. A bit more confidence can be heard in her voice now, but her eye-contact is still poor. "I'll take it you have done your homework on me then? I mean... if you know I like messing with heads and wandering the desert."

IrnBruAddict
2014-05-30, 04:22 PM
Miranda

'While I won't stand between an Orrean and a drink, and a couple smoke, no one has substance abuse issues. I wouldn't let a drunkard fight, and healthy lungs is a must when your chest is getting crushed. And if I find anyone taking anything they shouldn't, then they are no longer allowed under my roof. I run a clean company, intend to keep it that way. Of course, while you're here, that goes for you too.' She gives Miranda a brief hard look, before softening and going back to normal.

'I took a little look at your work, but can't say I understood it. I specialise in negotiations and numbers, not neuroscience or geology. Something about Ground types sensing stuff, being in tune with the earth? Sounds a bit new-agey for me, but I'm not one to judge. As long as you do your job and follow the rules, I don't really care if you worship the almighty Giant Bellsprout.'

Russ

Fury parries away Russ's grab, but missed his attack because of it.

The Servine backs up, and slams into the middle clone for 26 p normal damage.

KujiUn
2014-05-30, 04:27 PM
Russ continues trying to end the match with a pin!

STR: [roll0]

HEAD tries to end the match as well with a Fury Cutter!
HEAD goes down, leaving HAWK to take its place. He charges for a STRENGTH, but he misses. D:

AC2: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

weirdsound
2014-06-01, 04:08 PM
"I drink, and I'll treat myself to a cigar if I'm celebrating something, but I haven't done hard drugs since some of my internet friends talked me into rushing a Sorority as an undergrad. Woke up in a pen full of Piloswine covered in... Piloswine Byproducts... and that was it for that."

Miranda stares at the ceiling and listens to her new boss for a bit, before downing her drink and standing up. She takes a few deep breaths and tries to tap into a new-found well of liquid social courage.

"Alright then... I'm going to go meet the team then," Miranda announces as she rises and makes brief but confident eye contact with Catarina before leaving the office.

---

Back in the main room of the gym, Miranda picks a spot on the wall and watches the others for a bit, trying to get a read on each one. In the researchers experience, given a large enough group of dumb muscle, at least one or two of the goons are liable to be smarter than they look, and as such, worth her time.

[roll0] Wisdom Check, (If Needed), to observe the NPCs in the room.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-02, 10:29 AM
Russ

Fury was unable to break Russ's grab, and finds himself pinned, unable to attack.

The Servine attempts to wrap up HAWK, but the Scraggy jumps over the vines and evades the attack.

Miranda

Looking around the room, Miranda could see the two genetics from before were still in the ring, although it now looked as though they wee going over the technical aspects of a few throws and grapples. There was a woman in the corner who was wiping down the weights, while a younger girl sat in the corner sketching something, not paying attention to the rest of the gym. There was a Luchador who was posing in-front of a mirror, trying out poses, while a trio of men stood off to the side, one of them grinning as he collects bets off the other two based on tonight's matches. Finally, there was Terrance, who was sitting behind the desk at the front door in-case anyone else came in, and when he sees Mirands come out of the office he comes over and sheepishly asks if she needs a cup of tea or coffee.

weirdsound
2014-06-02, 11:51 AM
Miranda pauses for a second when offered a drink, before formulating an answer. "Um... yes. I'll have tea please."

While waiting for Terence to return with her drink, the researcher considered the others. The only people who could be interpreted as doing something intellectual were the Genetics, the little girl, and the seedy fellow taking bets. Miranda enjoyed working with genetics as much as any respectable researcher, but she knew the feeling was rarely mutual; She would ignore them outside of her official duties, and wait for them to possibly come to her. The hustler taking bets had to at least possess a good deal of street smarts, but he was with two others, and one of the only things Miranda was worse at doing than introducing herself to a person was introducing herself to a group of people. The girl looked like she was more likely one of the wrestler's kids than a wrestler herself, and art was a far cry from science, but she was the only person in the room who seemed approachable and wasn't named Terence.

Although not good at interacting with others, Miranda was nothing if not a bit crafty about it. Making her way over to the drawing girl, Miranda waits until Terence finishes her tea and begins to come over to deliver it before striking up a conversation; That way there would be a natural interruption in several seconds should Miranda botch the introduction.

"Um... Hello miss. What are you drawing?"

KujiUn
2014-06-02, 08:36 PM
Russ continues the pin, going for the count!

STR! [roll0]

HAWK, meanwhile, does a hop, and skip, and a headbutt!

Headbutt AC2: [roll1] Flinch 15+
Damage: [roll2] P-Norm

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-03, 02:32 PM
Russ

The man is still held by the pin, while the Servine's whips fail to connect.

Miranda

The girl jumped a little in surprise, but giggled when she looked up to see Miranda. 'Oh, heh, sorry about that. I was off in my own little world. I was, uh, just trying to draw a few outfits for a couple of the guys.'

She flicks her book round, and shows a pencil sketch of a large man with a square jaw and a barrel chest, standing tall. While the man himself was only in pencil, his outfit was drawn in oil pastels, currently he was drawn in a pair of black spandex pants with a neon green design on it, but next to him were two more similar designs, one in red with white detail, and one a solid grey with only a small black stripe running up the side of the legs. Underneath were a couple designs for boots and knee protectors.

'These are a couple I have for Vaun. I wanted to get some drawn for the new guys, but not had a chance yet. How, were you wanting me to sketch something up for you? Going for a "Doctor Death" vibe? Well, it's been done before, but mostly by men, so I'll give you props for not picking a slutty nurse outfit.'

KujiUn
2014-06-03, 02:34 PM
And Russ goes for the three count!

[roll0]

Finally, HAWK smashes into the Servine with a Brick Break!

AC2: 16
Damage: 51 P-Fight

Rolls in the OOC.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-03, 02:55 PM
The Servine falls, and soon a Quilava takes it's place opposite HAWK.

Speed 12

Fury pushes Russ off him, and aims a blow to Russ's arm, hitting for 37 p fighting damage.

KujiUn
2014-06-03, 03:00 PM
Russ slams into Fury one more time, while HAWK goes for a headbutt on the newcomer!

Slam AC6: [roll0] No EVA or AC modifying effects apply
Damage: [roll1] P-Norm

Headbutt AC2: [roll2] Flinch 15+
Damage: [roll3] P-Norm

weirdsound
2014-06-03, 03:01 PM
Miranda blinks. And here she was thinking that the goofy themes were reserved for the fake fighters in Kalos. "Umm... thanks for the... offer? I'm not actually a fighter though. Just here to run a Concussion Study on Champion league fighters. I'll be around for awhile, so I just figured I'd introduce myself. Dr. Miranda Freud... Thats my name. You can call me whatever you like... I guess."

She pauses for a second to give the sketches a closer look. "...If I did fight though, I'd either pick either a Sandman-Nightmare type theme, or go out as a cheap Indiana Jones knockoff. My main specialties are dream research and archaeology. I guess... yours would be fashion design... right?"

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-03, 03:20 PM
Miranda

The girl blushes. 'Umm, well.... kinda. I mean I came here to learn fighting, but I never won a match. Instead of cutting me loose, Cat says I could stay if I designed some costumes for the guys. And yeah, I do enjoy it. If I can't be good in the ring, I want to at least prove helpful outside the ring. I'm a bit of an amateur Fahion Designer, so hit me up if you ever want something sewn together Doc. Eh, umm, Miranda.'

She looks over Miranda, and snaps a quick photo on her phone. 'I could see you rocking an adventure style outfit, but maybe more Quatermain than Indy. You'd pull off the classic look, and it's less overdone.'

Russ

The Quailava slams into HAWK for 24 p fire damage.

KujiUn
2014-06-03, 03:35 PM
HAWK shakes off the fire and punches the Quilava with a Brick Break!

Damage: [roll1] +4 from ATK CS

weirdsound
2014-06-03, 03:39 PM
Miranda nods, failing to make eye contact and continuing to stare at the sketch pad. "I... I read those books when I was about your age actually. I was going to major in Astrophysics before stories like that inspired me to take Archaeology as a second major instead. Would be a pretty neat look... I'll hit you up if I feel a need to refresh my wardrobe."

She pauses, and gives the girl a quick lookover. "Cat... as you call her... told me I was free to drag her 'boys' out on my hikes. I may find use for a good... sketch artist... from time to time. I mean... you can tag along sometime... if you are interested."

Dr. Freud's voice wavers a bit. Asking favors was far from her strong suit.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-04, 05:52 PM
Russ

The Quailava falls down, leaving Fury out of usable pokemon. Seeing his pokemon go down, Fury delivers a nasty chop to Russ's ribs, hitting for 35 p fighting damage.

Miranda

The girl turns to Miranda with great big Growlithe eyes, and a look of excitement n her face. 'Really? Oh,pleasepleaseplease let me come! It'll be totally awesome! I can draw stuff for you, like ruins and all that! And you can excavate and research and hypothesise and be all brainy and badass! It'll be awesome!'

Suddenly realising she was freaking out a little bit, the girl coughs, trying to regain her composure. 'Oh, um, I'm Jewel. Jewel Martel. I go by Power Gem when I'm in the ring, but it sounds corny when people call me that outside, so just Martel or Jewel or whatever.'

KujiUn
2014-06-04, 05:58 PM
Russ grins, going for one last attempt at a pin! That's how all wrestling matches need to end!

[roll0]

weirdsound
2014-06-04, 06:10 PM
Miranda can't help but smirk a bit, both at the girl's willingness and her name. Jewel was almost as good of a stage name as her actual stage name was. "Well okay, you can come, I did ask after all. But do try to lower your expectations. Sometimes I find things, sometimes I don't."

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-04, 06:39 PM
Miranda

'That's fine. It's like wrestling. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. It's mostly "don't" for me though, hehe, heh .....' She trails off in embarrassment.

Russ

The man counters, and attempts to pin Russ himself, getting an 11 on his pin check.

KujiUn
2014-06-04, 06:43 PM
Russ struggles to take control of the grappling, both of them at odds with each other, with both of them not giving up any ground.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-04, 06:58 PM
Since Irn is tired of dragging this out

With both wrestlers near battered and broken, seemingly unable to pin the other, and the pokemon having finished fighting some time ago, the ref calls for the bell, and the match ends. Since Russ's pokemon won, he wins the match despite not beating Fury. While it was his first victory, most of the crowd looked bored since the match dragged out so long. Russ receives a smattering of applause as he leaves, and Terry, who comes in to take next match, receives even less.

After the matches came a long and silent train ride home. The wrestlers didn't exactly seem in a happy mood, since other than Vaun, most of the matches went badly. Terry lost in under 2 minutes, Eclipso had to forefit due to a busted ankle, and Kreig only won after his opponent got himself disqualified by pulling an illegal move.

As the group drags themselves back to the dojo, Vaun splits off to go report to Catarina, while Kreig and Eclipso both hit the showers, Eclipso having to be helped by one of the other girls. Terry elbows Russ in the ribs. 'Hey, Russ-senpai, who is that in the lab coat? Think she's a doctor?'

KujiUn
2014-06-04, 07:08 PM
Russ tried to cheer everyone else up, but to be honest he was exhausted from the match. He pretty much slept through the whole train right back to the dojo. But back at the dojo, he was pumped up and ready to take on anything! He almost started lifting weights again until Terry called him. As he looked up, he finally noticed Miranda. "Well, yeah, Terry! She's gotta be! ...what's a doctor doing here?" Russ scratched his head, before deciding that the best way to tell is to ask. "Hey, miss! Are you new around here?"

weirdsound
2014-06-05, 02:42 AM
Miranda looks up at the man approaching her. At least he wasn't as awkward as Terence. "Yes. I just got in today... I... I was hired to preform a study on concussion and... brain injury on Champion League fight-"

It clicked. The guy looked to have just got back from a match, and he looked familiar. Pulling out her phone, she brought up the instructions she had obtained from the agency that hired her, and saw his picture and name. "You are... Mr. Alkame... Are you not? Dr. Miranda Freud... is my name. Glad I caught you right after a match. You have a minute right? Hey Jewel... do you want... would you like... to learn how to check for concussion?"

KujiUn
2014-06-05, 11:36 AM
"Huh? Concussion? I don't think I have any. At least, dad never told me I had one." Russ thought about it some more. "Well, it can't hurt to go check! Yeah, I got a minute or two."

weirdsound
2014-06-05, 03:08 PM
Miranda sighs. She had at least hoped that somebody had briefed the fighters on the danger of concussion at some point in their career or training. "Its... not something you are born with. A concussion... well... it is something you can get from a blow to the head, which from what I understand happens from time to time in your trade. Now answer the following questions. Any headaches? Any Nausea? any unusual sensitivity to light or sound?"

KujiUn
2014-06-05, 03:14 PM
"Nope, nope, nope." Russ was sure he didn't have any of that... but it was a good thing he knew what they were. "Never had that kind of stuff."

weirdsound
2014-06-05, 04:02 PM
"Good. Good. and Good." Miranda nods along. "You are... likely fine. I'll just test your pupils and balance then, and you... can go. There are other tests that I will be running, but I'm not equipped to run them at the exact moment. Now stand on your left leg, count to ten, and then switch to your right..."

As soon as Russ starts, Miranda digs through her pockets for her flashlight so that she can perform the eye test next.

KujiUn
2014-06-05, 07:00 PM
Russ knew the procedure. He lifted his leg up and counted to ten, and then dropped it, lifting his other leg, a bit bored with the process.

weirdsound
2014-06-06, 03:55 AM
Miranda notes that Russ had passed the simple work balance test, and moves on to the eyes as promised, shining a flashlight in them, checking to see if his Pupils reacted correctly...

[roll0] Int check to make sure concussion test was done right. -2 if you think WIS is the more appropriate stat. This only of course matters if Russ actually has a concussion, or the dice say natural 1.

If Russ actually has a concussion, Or Miranda fails so bad that she thinks he does, she wont tell him straight up. She dosn't have the balls break bad news. She'll make a note on the file, and perhaps tell Cass when Russ isn't around.

"You are good... You pass... the field test anyway... But there are other concussion signs that I am... unqualified to check for. Changes... Emotion and personality changes. I'm going to have to... know you well enough to notice if those things change after a fight. Perhaps we can spend some time together tomorrow? You... You keep Pokemon, right? We could visit the gym together, or just have a battle or something."

KujiUn
2014-06-06, 03:35 PM
"Huh? Yeah, alright. Hey, we could go to that Battle Hall thing! You've been there before?" Russ had no idea how new Miranda was to anything here really. And he hadn't been in a battle hall in a while. He's less likely to lose there.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-07, 07:03 PM
Jewel silently watched from the sidelines as if this was an entertaining medical drama or something, while Terry just looks confused. Nothing in Russ's reactions seemed off, but she wasn't sure. Looks fine for now at the very least.

weirdsound
2014-06-07, 07:42 PM
Miranda nods and puts her flashlight away. "Sounds... good. I may not be much of a fighter, but I do like to keep my Pokemon in fighting shape, and it has been a while since they last had a good workout. We can go after my morning walk tomorrow... if that is okay with you."

The researcher sighed. It was getting late. She would find a way to introduce herself to Tully another time.

Edit: She then turns back to Jewel. "If you want to... erm... tag along with me tomorrow, be in the parking lot of the Motel Corphish by seven in the morning. We should be out two and a half to three hours or so... You can eat beforehand, or pack a breakfast to go."

KujiUn
2014-06-08, 02:49 PM
"Alright! I'll meet you there, then!" Russ checks the time outside, and notices it's dark. "Alright, I'm gonna head home too! See you guys tomorrow!" And so, Russ starts heading to his room!

weirdsound
2014-06-08, 04:10 PM
Miranda nods and returns to her hotelroom, where she sets up her Portable Dream Machine, and wires in Alder the Munna to dream and Venkman the Spiritomb to power the device with its dream smoke. "Okay little buddy... go to sleep. In the morning, we shall see what you think about evolution... Among other things."

After watching half of a nature documentary, Miranda tucks in for the night herself. Her sleep is more or less undisturbed, (barring any gm dream interference of course), so in the morning she rolls out of bed, throws some clothes on, makes a few quick notes in her own personal dream journal, changes into a clean lab coat, and returns to where her Pokemon is sleeping.

The Munna's dreams were ripe enough to be manipulated now, so Manipulate Miranda did. The first step was looking through the machine's logs, and making a few quite notes about what the Pokemon was dreaming of, and any obvious interpretations of said dreams.

Portable Dream Machine shows what a Pokemon is dreaming without any need of a roll. Making a WIS roll anyway in case any sort of insight can be obtained by interpreting these dreams.

[roll0] Dream Interpretation. If you feel my Lucid Dreamers Feat, which adds +3 to rolls made on sleeping Pokemon in the dream world, applies here, you may add an additional +3 to this result.

Next Miranda began the manipulation in earnest, fiddling with the controls to insert Moonstones, Marshuma, and other scenes and items relating to evolution into the dream, in hopes of gauging the Pokemon's feelings on the matter based on its response.

This feature allows me to ask specific questions to a dreaming Pokemon, and get answers assuming the creature has the intelligence to respond. Requires a 20 or higher AC check to work. A successful use of this feature also tells why a Pokemon is unhappy, and what needs to be done in the real world to make it happy again, but I doubt that applies here. The feature sets no limits on the amount of questions I can ask per use.

Questions to ask:
Do you feel as if you are mentally and emotionally ready to evolve?
If not, what can be done to help you prepare for evolution?

[roll1] Wis check, +3 for my Lucid Dreams feat.

Miranda concludes her session by attempting that most dramatic feat of dream science: Materializing an item from a dream into the real world. Fiddling with the dials on the machine, Miranda attempts to stir Alder's memories of learning Energyball: The pain of using the TM, the discovery of having new powers, and the joy of frying his first ground type with the move. She then slowly dials back the sedation and increases the dreamsmoke output, to gradually drag the Pokemon from its dream, and with any luck a copy of TM 53 with it!

Subtle Suggestion makes a Pokemon Dream of an item it has seen and used before. Dream Smoke Materializer brings this item into reality, or any item of the GMs choice that the Pokemon happens to be dreaming about should Subtle Suggestion Fail. Both Features require a Wisdom Check of 18 or higher.

[roll2] Subtle Suggestion. +3 Bonus for Lucid Dreamers Included. On a 18 or higher, Alder starts dreaming about TM 53.
[roll3] Dream Smoke Materializer. +3 Bonus for Lucid Dreamers Included. On a 18 or higher, the item from Alder's dream becomes real. This item is TM 53 Subtle Suggestion was used successfully, and an item of the GMs choice otherwise.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-11, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, none of the machines seem to be working tonight, as the Munna's sleep is filled with nightmares of shapeless figures moving around in the darkenss.

The night soon passes, and Russ and Miranda meet up outside the Motel parking lot in the morning.

KujiUn
2014-06-11, 08:05 AM
Russ came in, looking for Miranda, and when he found her, he grinned. "Alright! Hey, where to?" Then, a great big yawn escaped his lips. "Whoa! Sorry about that. Just woke up."

weirdsound
2014-06-11, 07:11 PM
Before heading out to the parking lot to meet Russ, Miranda fiddles with her machine just a bit more. She unhooks the electrodes from her Munna, before sending out and wiring in Gore, her grimer, for a morning nap. She recalls her spiritomb, and leaves Alder out to power the machine in its stead.

(Dream Smoke materializer is at will, but requires a Pokemon that has been in the dream world for four hours. Will leave a Pokemon in the machine, and a Pokemon to power and watch over the machine, so I can attempt another harvest around Mid-Day)

---

Miranda half heatedly returns the grin. "Out into the desert... and back. I... I do some Archaeological Research in my spare time. Even if I don't find anything... historically significant, I'm fairly good at finding rare rocks. Then we can visit the battle hall and get our Pokemon a good workout."

The researcher would have much preferred to return to her studies on the beach, but asking a strange guy to visit the beach with her was just begging for him to get the wrong idea.

KujiUn
2014-06-13, 01:47 PM
"Alright, the desert!" Russ pumped himself up, before wondering. "Wait, why the desert? Does it have a lot of fossils or whatever archaeologists look for?"

weirdsound
2014-06-13, 05:41 PM
Miranda nods. "Your hypothesis is mostly correct. I can find those sorts of things more or less anywhere, but... tourists are all over the beach, and I haven't... discovered a way into whatever transport and utility tunnels might be under the town. I look for evidence of forgotten people and places as well, and under cities is a good place to look for those."

She then proceeds to pass the wrestler a bottle of water before leading him out of town. Once clear of civilization she sends out her Aerodactyl. "Amelia is good at scaring off creeps and wild Pokemon while I'm searching for other stuff. Most people tend... um... to give prehistoric sky monsters lots of space."

Digging for the Past (Looking for Piece of Area's History. Find evidence on 21+. Find actual piece of history on 29+)
Roll 1: [roll0]
Roll 2: [roll1] (Add 5 if the first roll is above 21)

Stone Search (Find Stone of GMs choice on 23+)
Roll 1: [roll2]
Roll 1: [roll3]

(I'm throwing rolls down, but we can RP for a bit if Irn dosn't get back to the mechanics right away.)

KujiUn
2014-06-13, 06:17 PM
"Oh, yeah, that's... a huge bird." Russ stared at it for a bit before shaking his head. "Hey, I got a huge Pokemon too!" He takes out a Pokeball and sends out RAT, a huge built Raticate.

weirdsound
2014-06-14, 12:25 AM
Miranda blinks and stares at the rat. That was too big to be steroids alone. "Where did you get a Pokemon like that?"

KujiUn
2014-06-14, 07:31 AM
"Well, I got this guy as my biggest fan back while at... the plant city over in Kanto. Which one was that again?" Russ thought about it, before shrugging. "Anyways, later on, I won this thing that type shifts Pokemon over at the Battle Hall, so I used it on the dude! He totally became big and strong after that!"

weirdsound
2014-06-14, 04:18 PM
Miranda's eyes light up at the mention of the Type Shifters. Not only could she perhaps win one at the hall later today, but she might be able to reproduce one with her dream machine. Out loud, however, all she said was. "Fascinating."

KujiUn
2014-06-14, 04:50 PM
"I know, right?" Russ pumps up his fist. "And if you beat the first rank, you'll get a shifter as well! Too bad you can only get two shifters total."

weirdsound
2014-06-15, 04:43 PM
"Oh? Is that a rule they have? Pity."

Miranda smirks. "Would you... like... to get more than two?"

KujiUn
2014-06-15, 04:46 PM
"Yeah. There's a list of the levels and the prizes you get, but you have to beat them in order, and you can't repeat a level after you beat it." Russ thought about it. "It really is too bad." Russ then heard Miranda's question, and got excited. "Whoa! You know how to get more than two?"

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-15, 05:03 PM
Before Russ can get too excited, he suddenly eats a face full of dust. And soon enough, sand cuts across Miranda's face too. Out of nowhere, a sandstorm had appeared. And it was impossible to tell which way was back to the city right now, they could barely see a few feet in front of themselves. Only the Aerodactly seemed to not be suffering from the sand.

The area is considered Sandstorming. At the beginning of each round, all non-Ground, Rock, or Steel Type Pokemon lose 1/16th of their full HP. Rock Type Pokemon are treated as if their Special Defense is raised 2 Combat Stages while Sandstorming. In addition, vision is severely limited while in the storm.

weirdsound
2014-06-15, 05:13 PM
Miranda dosn't panic, but merely shields her eyes and sends out Alfina before handing the Pokeball to Russ. "THIS IS ALFINA," she screams over the roaring sand, "SHE WILL DIG YOU SHELTER. AMELIA WILL GET ME OUT OF HERE, THEN COME BACK FOR YOU!"

She then turns to her Aerodactyl. "GRAB ME AND GET ME BACK TO TOWN!"

KujiUn
2014-06-15, 05:17 PM
"Oh, ALRIGHT!" Russ recalls RAT, sending out Alpha! "LET'S DIG A SHELTER OUT, ALRIGHT, ALPHA!" Russ tries to help, but the sand is really sandy.

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-16, 06:21 AM
From somewhere out in the sand, three quick rocks came flying out of nowhere. One was aimed straight for Russ's head, and just grazed past his nose. The other two impacted across Alfina and Amelia, hitting them both in the gut for 24 p rock damage.

KujiUn
2014-06-16, 10:43 PM
"Whoa! We got an attacker! GUT, if you see it, hit it with a Shadow Punch!" Russ stayed down, trying not to get more sand on him.

weirdsound
2014-06-18, 01:37 PM
Miranda muttered a few choice words under her breath. Of course the Sandstorm was made by a Pokemon, or several Pokemon. And OF COURSE she had decided to leave the one thing she owned with a Grass move back at town. Running was out of the question now, not just because the enemy had sufficient anti-air power in their rock attacks, but because abandoning somebody in a sandstorm wasn't the same as abandoning somebody to a fight in a sandstorm.

The researcher turns her trained eye towards the source of the rocks, trying to see the attackers through the sand. At the same time she recalled Amelia as the Injured Aerodactyl passed through her field of vision.

Without waiting for her eyes to perceive the foe, Miranda calls on her Sandile to strike back, knowing the the desert Pokemon could likely see better than her under the circumstances. "If... If they like sand so much, BURRY THEM IN IT! Sand Tomb Attack!"

HP:
Miranda: 87/92
Alfina: 34/44
Amelia: 28/62 (Recalled)

Actions:
[roll0] Wis Check to Spot the Baddies
[roll1] Alfina's Sand Tomb AC against unknown foe. Target is trapped for [roll2] if hit. AC is 4
[roll3] Sand Tomb Damage

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-23, 02:15 PM
Kuji, usually attacks have dice to go with them :smalltongue:

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-23, 05:08 PM
The combined hits of both Sandile and Golette manage to take down one of the attackers. A flurry of rocks come flying out from another 2 directions, and hit Russ for 22, Alfina for 24 and GUT for 50 p rock damage as the stones impact their targets.

weirdsound
2014-06-23, 08:50 PM
Miranda swivels in the direction that the new attacks came from, again straining her eyes to try and see...

Again, not waiting for a break in the sand to spot the foe, she calls for her desert dwelling Pokemon to continue doing her dirty work.

"Alfina! Try and bite one!"

HP:
Miranda: 82/92
Alfina: 24/44

Rolls:
[roll0] Miranda Wis Check to Spot Enemy
[roll1] Alfina Bite AC! AC2, Flinch on a 15+
[roll2] Alfina Bite Damage!

KujiUn
2014-06-24, 11:41 AM
"Right, GUT, can you see them? Try to hit them all with a Bulldoze!" GUT nods, heading out into the desert where most of the enemies were and stomping his foot down on the ground, creating a tremor, while Russ pulls out his Pokedex and tries to get a lock on the attackers!

Russ
Shift: None
Standard: Pokedex!
Command: ->

GUT
Standard: Bulldoze

AC2: [roll0] 3m Burst, all targets SPD-Down
Damage: [roll1] P-Ground

IrnBruAddict
2014-06-26, 12:54 PM
Alfine bites down into one of the creatures, and GUT's bulldoze manages to knock both out. As Miranda peers through the sand, she can make out 3 unconcious Dwebble. Unfortunately, the sandstorm didn't seem to be dying down. If it was one of these three that started it, it should be dispersing now, but the sand didn't seem to be going away just yet. It continues to cut across Russ and Miranda's faces.

Miranda could spot some movement and a blurred shape, but before she could make it out, it ducked under the sand and started to move towards the duo. Russ's pokedex scan was interrupted, and doesn't reveal what the last creature is just yet.

weirdsound
2014-06-26, 08:41 PM
"Dig attack incoming!" Miranda calls as she runs away from the approaching creature!

"Alfina, nail it with Sand Tomb when it pops up!"

Miranda: 78/92 HP
Alfina: 24/44 HP

[roll0] Alfina Sand Tomb AC! AC is 4! If it hits, trap for [roll1] turns!
[roll2] Sand Tomb Damage!

KujiUn
2014-06-28, 11:22 AM
"What? Dammit! GUT, aim a Shadow Punch for when he comes out!"

Crit Check: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2014-07-03, 04:43 PM
The creature erupts from the ground, and smacks GUT about with a powerful Dig attack, hitting it for 53 damage. As soon as she sees it, Miranda instantly identifies it as a Pupitar, a very rare and powerful pokemon, noted for evolving into an extremely aggressive monster. Before it can next act, Alfina manages to capture it in a Sand Tomb.

Not too sure if GUT endured that attack or not. If he did, he gets his attack off and hits the creature down till it's looking in alot of pain.

KujiUn
2014-07-05, 08:44 PM
"Dammit." Russ recalled GUT, switching him out for PLANT. "Alright, come on, let's go get 'em! You gonna try ta catch up first, Miranda?"

weirdsound
2014-07-07, 12:45 AM
Miranda nods, and speaks softly with fear in her voice as she readies a Pokeball. "Yeah... I'll try and catch it. Just keep your eyes open okay. I have... very good... reason to believe that this sand is caused by that thing's evolved form, a Pokemon called Tyranitar. It looks... it looks like like a mini version of one of those city wrecking movie monsters from a low budget Kanto film. If it is here, we are... likely going to die. Our best hope would be to hit it hard with fighting moves, and I'm guessing that is your department."

With that, she lets the Pokeball fly.

Miranda: 72/92 HP
Alfina: 24/44 HP

[roll0] POKEBALL, GO!
[roll1] Wis Check, try and spot Tyranitar. (If I can do that on the same turn I throw a Pokeball)

IrnBruAddict
2014-07-12, 03:00 PM
As the ball clamps shut on the foe, it looks like there are no more enemies, or at least none in sight anyway. Luckily the raging sand seems to die down somewhat, and the sand was no longer cutting into the skin.

1200 xp and a Pupitar, lvl 25, stoic, male, shed skin ability with the TMs Dig and Rock Polish.
Yes, I know it's under-leveled, it's supposed to be :P

weirdsound
2014-07-14, 12:52 PM
Miranda blinks in mild shock. "That was unexpected. I thought we were gonners for sure. Lets get back to town quickly. We could still be in trouble if that thing has any family around."

The researcher turns around and gestures for Russ to follow.

Would Miranda know that there is something off about the Pupitar's level, or is off level evolution not terribly uncommon in this setting?

IrnBruAddict
2014-07-14, 02:46 PM
It's unusual, but not unheard of, to find under-leveled pokemon, but it's probably least likely to occur in something like a pseudo-legend. She'd need to actually examine it for any more information.

KujiUn
2014-07-14, 03:05 PM
"Uh, right! Let's get back!" Russ takes out RAT to ride quickly back to the town.

IrnBruAddict
2014-07-17, 02:18 PM
Thankfully, after beating down the Pupitar and it's lackeys, nothing in the desert was willing to challenge Russ and Miranda. They make their way back to the tow unmolested. A trip to the Pokemon centre to heal up, and a quick shower at the wrestling centre (separately, of course:smallwink:) and the duo were refreshed and ready to rock.

weirdsound
2014-07-21, 09:36 PM
(Sorry. Have been traveling. didn't have consitance access to both a web and a keyboard. I should be in one place until Sunday now)

Miranda brushes some sand and dust from her clothes. "I need... to examine the Pokemon I just caught. Something... was off about that whole mess back there. If you still want to visit that battle hall... you can call me... in a few hours."

With that, Miranda writes her room number down so that Russ can call her, and retires to her room for some work.

After sending out most of her other Pokemon for protection, Miranda releases her new Pupitar and proceeds to give it a through physical to the best of her ability, and the best of ability of the equipment she had on hand. Its level was somewhat low for a second stage pseudo-legend, and the researcher was curious as to what else may be odd about her newest catch...

[roll0]

KujiUn
2014-07-21, 11:09 PM
Russ really did want to go to the battle hall, though. But right now, that's enough of that! "Alright, then! I'll train for my next match!" And so he does!

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-04, 06:00 PM
Miranda

After looking at the Pupitar, it looks like it had a smooth rock stuck underneath one of it's spikes, which would explain the Sandstorm earlier, but not the evolution. Looking a little harder, Miranda notes an injection point, and a small tag. It looks like a catch and release, likely part of some science experiment or study. It was likely it had a chip planted under it's skin to track the creature or something, but there were too many injection points for just that.

Russ

And train Russ does. He wrestles against a bunch of his own pokemon, and does pretty good too, beating MAN and HEAD, before losing to HAWK who knocks Russ out with a headbutt clash and leaves the prodigy wrestler dizzy for the next half hour. Vaun gives Russ a few tips, saying he's doing good, but to not just stay in the middle of the ring, and to move about more and use the ring and corners more often. In a straight out slug fest, there are guys bigger than Russ, but not many have both his strength AND his speed.

KujiUn
2014-08-05, 04:33 PM
Rus still had his headache, but he nodded and tried to remember what Vaun said. "Alright. Thanks." He then took a stretch break and sat down for a while, clearing his head and resting before he came up for more practice.

weirdsound
2014-08-05, 06:40 PM
Miranda stares at her new capture, and wonders aloud, "Now what could have happened to you buddy?"

Miranda was't exactly the paranoid sort, but she wasn't exactly comfortable holding a Pokemon with a tracking chip either. She decides to get to the bottom of the situation, and resolves to deposit the Pokemon in the PC and request a change of hotel rooms should she be unable to.

The first step in the investigation is simple enough; an Internet Search of local news articles and academic journals to see if any simple explanation could be found. While she is at it, she also checks to see if Pupitar's evolutionary line should even occur in the wild in this part of the world.

[roll0]

Next, she gets up, recalls all her Pokemon not presently involved with the Dream Machine, returns to the Pokemon Center, and approaches the nurse at the front desk. "Umm... Excuse me. I was here just a little while ago to recover from a wild battle. I... Um... Caught a Pupitar. You guys patched it up. Um... Thanks for that."

She takes a deep breath, and tries to focus on her business as opposed to the fact that she was having a conversation with a stranger. "Anyway... I took it back home, and gave it a quick physical. I... I'm not medic or anything, but I have several PHDs in Pokemon related fields, and this Pokemon is under-leveled for its evolutionary stage... so I got curious. I... I found a tag and some injection points. I was wondering if you guys have an RFID reader so we can see if it has any chips broadcasting under its stony flesh so... so I can get to the bottom of this."

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-05, 10:11 PM
Russ

As Russ climbs in the ring, he feels someone grab and stop him. It was Catarina, looking more pissed off than usual.

'Seems that guy you pissed off, the one Christian was hunting for, has taken up a job with Promethius. The bastard went and switched fighters on me, so he's your next opponent. You'll be fighting in The Under, and if you're not careful, you and your pokemon will get hurt worse than a simple fainting.'

If Russ won't go out and do something, I'll just chuck plot at you :P

Miranda

Miranda's research doesn't turn up much. It seems there are rare Larvitar families in Orre, but almost all recorded sightings were on Mount Battle, not in the middle of a desert. Other than that, there didn't seem to be much. Wild Pseudo-legends were still hard to study and track after all.

The nurse check with one of her superiors. 'Umm, yes, it seems we do have an RFID reader, just incase we pick up a pokemon as part of a migration study, we can send the data back to whoever is doing the research, and then release the pokemon back into the wild. Would you like me to check your Pupitar for you, to see if it's registered?'

weirdsound
2014-08-05, 11:44 PM
Miranda nods, "Yes, that would be... ideal. As desirable as this Pokemon is, I would not like to detract from scientific progress by keeping it if I shouldn't."

The researcher slides the Pokeball over, and waits in anticipation. She doubted that the Pokemon belonged to a study, she could have figured that out online without much difficulty, but the Pokemon almost definitely had some sort of chip in it; One that might reveal something of use when scanned.

KujiUn
2014-08-06, 06:31 PM
"Oh man I gotta train even more then!" Russ started rushing to the weights before remembering something. "Oh, right, I gotta heal up my Pokemon first! See you guys later!" He then rushed out of the gym, heading to the Pokemon center, waiting in line before spotting Miranda. "Hey, Miranda!" Russ yelled, waving his hand. "Whatcha doing here? You train too?"

weirdsound
2014-08-06, 07:16 PM
Miranda turns around startled, before recognizing Russ. "Oh... Um... No. I wasn't training. I should... Train my Pokemon that is... But I had... more pressing matters to attend to."

"I noticed several injection points on the body of the Pokemon I captured today. It is likely that this Pokemon has been owned by a human before, and that person may have put a chip under its skin. If I find out who the former owner is, it would be wrong not to at least offer it back, and if not, I'm hoping these people can remove what, if anything, we find under its skin." She gives Russ a shrug, her voice and speech almost normal as she talks of medicine, technology, and Pokemon, "I hope I can keep it. This is a very powerful species of Pokemon."

KujiUn
2014-08-09, 04:16 AM
"Huh, really? Well, I hope you can keep it too, then!" Russ thought for a little while. "So, what you're saying is... it might belong to someone before you, and they might want it back?"

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-12, 08:36 PM
The nurse soon returns with Miranda's pokeball.

"Excuse me miss, I ran a check. And while there was indeed a chip in the pokemon, it was not registered to any scientific or preservation groups. Any group who would have a reason to place one of these chips in a pokemon would always leave an easy way to tell who they are and how to contact them, and this has a masked signal. As far as I can tell, it might have been placed by poachers, trying to track it back to it's habitat or something. I've removed the chip, and you should be good to keep the pokemon." She hands Miranda the pokeball back, as well as a small plastic tube, inside which was a tracking chip covered in a dark ichor. "Here is the chip. I would appreciate if you could get to Rangers to look into it, see if they can track down who was using it."

She then collects Russ's team, and quickly heals everyone up for him too.

weirdsound
2014-08-14, 01:22 AM
"Is there a Ranger Station... here... in town I mean?" Miranda asks, "I'm not terribly sure I'm comfortable keeping it on my person for long if there could be a poacher monitering its location."

The researcher then turns to Russ, "I guess the person it belonged to before me isn't the sort of person... that I'd want... to have a Pokemon like this anyway. They were... not lying when they warned me Orre was a shifty sort of place."

She then smiles, "Anyhow, would you like... to go to that place and try some battles then? I wish to see this Pokemon's potential in battle."

KujiUn
2014-08-14, 07:27 PM
"What? Come on! We gotta get to the Ranger station first, and I know exactly where it is!" Russ picks up his team and starts to exit the Pokecenter. "I'll take you to it!"

weirdsound
2014-08-15, 07:08 PM
Miranda offers a dejected nod. "Fair enough. Lets... go talk to the rangers."

If there was anything more uncomfortable than a conversation, it was a police interview.

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-20, 07:36 PM
When Miranda is led to the Ranger station, she is approached by what seems to be a Nurse Joy, except in a Ranger uniform. It seems she knows Russ, as she headed straight over when she seen him enter.

'Yo Russ!' says Captain Joy. 'How are things with the wrestling? Christian isn't in at the moment, sorry, but is there anything I can help you with today? Who's your friend?'

KujiUn
2014-08-20, 10:48 PM
"Hey, Joy!" If Miranda was hiding or something, she'd get immediately pulled to the front. "This is Miranda! She's a doc working for the gym now! But she needs you help finding what something belongs to. Ain't that right?" He then grinned, waiting for Miranda to speak up in more detail.

weirdsound
2014-08-21, 02:22 PM
Miranda produces the chip, somewhat nervously, and states her case. "Russ and I... Went out for a walk... to search the desert for... things of archeological significance, and wound up battling some Pokemon. I managed to catch a Pupitar, and found upon closer inspection an injection site implying a tracking chip... They tried to read the chip at the Pokemon Center... but it had a masked signal. The staff there suspect it was placed by a poacher... or some other practitioner of illegal activity."

She does her best to smile, as she offer's the chip in question to Joy. "I was advised to bring it here for further investigation... or disposal... I don't think I want to be carrying around a beacon for poachers on my person..."

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-30, 02:48 PM
Joy looks at the chip. 'I think I heard about these. I'll have one of my men look into this, but I'll need until tomorrow before we can check. No way am I plugging in an unknown signal transmitter into the central data systems for the Orrean Rangers. Last time Wilks done that, the system was hacked for a week by some "TrololoLord". Pop by tomorrow and we'll see what we can find out about this little guy.'

She sidles up to Miranda. 'So, just a "walk" in the desert was it? Were old ruins the only thing you wanted Russ here to dig into?' She gives Miranda a playful nudge with her elbow.

weirdsound
2014-08-30, 03:15 PM
Miranda blinks, and two and two are put together in her mind. "You... you... want me to come back tomorrow? I shouldn't care what it is, unless... you plan on... asking for help following up. Staffing issues?"

Joy's more... personal... implications, however, fly completely over Miranda's head, which perhaps makes her answer a bit more funny. "Umm... no... ermm... I wouldn't let him dig anything up. He could damage the artifact in question without proper training. He was just... along... to watch my back."

IrnBruAddict
2014-08-30, 04:58 PM
Joy looks at Miranda. 'Oh, you want this a no paperwork job? Hush hush, that kinda thing?' She places the chip on the table, then brings down a coffee mug on it. 'I never seen you, you never seen me.'

She looks Miranda up and down. 'I'm sure you could get plenty of guys to "watch your back". Although if you like to train them up first, I can see why you picked someone like Russ first.'

KujiUn
2014-08-31, 10:56 PM
Russ raises the mug the chip. "Whoa, there! You just can't ignore that! That might be important!"

weirdsound
2014-09-01, 04:59 PM
(For the record, Miranda has dumped the heck out of CHA... I can't imagine her giving off a strong 'dude magnet' vibe)

Miranda shakes her head. "Relax Russ. The chip... it is tougher than you would think... And ranger... It remains to be see if Russ can be trained."

She then turns to the door. "Unless we have more business here, I think it is time to go and check out that battle hall place. My Pokemon... need some more practice..."

IrnBruAddict
2014-09-03, 05:38 PM
(Yeah, don't worry, she's just a tease and is mainly doing this to try and embarrass Russ, the dude who is eternally to thick to be embarrassed)

Joy pokes Russ in the head as he looks under the mug. 'Go on, she's getting away tiger. I'll look into it and tell you if it's a big deal. Otherwise, let her forget abut it and just have fun with her new catch.'

The dynamic duo make their way about town, looking for the battle hall. It turns out the Battle Hall of Gateon was a warehouse in the old part of town, away from the touristy parts. It looked to be shut, with a large padlock on the door and no lights on within. Outside, sunbathing on a lounge chair in the middle of the street, was an older man in a floral shirt with messy hair and glasses. A name-badge on his shirt seemed to indicate he was in charge of the place

'Hey kids. Want to join an old man for a drink?' He reaches into a cooler and pulls out some beers. Peeking inside, Miranda also spots dozens upon dozens of pokeballs in the ice next to the alcohol.

Eshkigal
2014-09-06, 12:33 PM
(Calling in from the other thread about a plothook. Russ'll probably want that drink after this. :smalltongue:)
While the two stand there, Russ's phone begins ringing. When he checks it, it says the call's from Emma.

KujiUn
2014-09-06, 10:50 PM
"...huh, this isn't like the Battle Halls of Ka-" Russ glimpses at his phone. "Oh, hey, it's Emma! Hold on, I need to take this call." Russ excuses himself and picks up the call after leaving. "Hey, Emma, what's up!"

Eshkigal
2014-09-07, 03:25 AM
"Hey Russ. Listen, we found some stuff out, and it's...very relevant to you. Do you have a moment?"
Emma sounds troubled and concerned, but trying to keep it out of her voice.
"Uh...you may want to be with people, or alone, or..."
Emma pauses again, the concern even more evident as she takes a minute to continue.
"It...it's about your mother, Russ."

KujiUn
2014-09-08, 09:39 PM
"Whoa, my mom? Why are you going so slow then? Tell me!" Russ was excited about the prospect of meeting his mother yet again, maybe even her watching him take the championship!

Eshkigal
2014-09-09, 02:59 PM
Emma's voice is gentle, but the reply seems a bit rushed.
"Because it's not good news, Russ. I'm...I don't know how to explain this properly."
There is definite stress in her voice.
"Alright...okay. Russ, you remember the cyborg ninjas, right? We're on the trail of someone who is using your mother the same way. This person has been using your mother to commit crimes for them in Orre, and has been linked to the ninja kidnapping because they have one in their command as well. But since no one's known to look for it, they have a bounty out on her too-we're going to have to prove it was involuntary. I'm so sorry, Russ, we just found out..."

KujiUn
2014-09-11, 12:25 AM
Russ falls quiet for a moment, thinking of something to say, but then just nodding. "Well, she better not be doing it on purpose! Otherwise I'm gonna have to knock some sense into her!" Whether Russ was trying to cheer Emma up or was completely serious, Russ didn't know at this point. "But thanks for telling me Emma. Anything else? Oh, right, we found the bad guy you guys beat up on the way to Saffron! I'm gonna go against him our next match. Wish me luck!"

Eshkigal
2014-09-13, 05:21 PM
There is silence for a good minute on the other end, possibly trying to decide how to respond to that. Eventually, there is a sigh of frustrated consent.
"Long as you underdtand we may need you to help us get her back, or bring her back out of it. Now...what about this guy? We had a lot of fights in Kanto, after all..."

KujiUn
2014-09-14, 02:12 AM
"Remember? He's the guy you took his Pokemon and had me drag him to Saffron with you when I joined you guys!": Russ thought to himself, almsot musing. "He's really pissed about that, by the way."

Eshkigal
2014-09-17, 01:31 PM
"Oh...oh crap, he's back? How the hell did he follow us? Has he done anything to you so far? Be careful, this guy likely has some terrible tricks up his sleeve..."

KujiUn
2014-09-17, 06:24 PM
"Nothing! Well, um... if you get news that I'm beating up Genetics, that's not me, okay? It's that guy."

Eshkigal
2014-09-18, 11:06 AM
You can practically hear the eye twitch. Hell, Miranda can practically hear it it's that bad.
"What does he want. Because if it's us, if we weren't currently trying to find someone who has been kidnapped, we'd do that as painfully as possible."

KujiUn
2014-09-18, 11:28 AM
"Well, he did ask where you guys are, but I didn't know, so I told him that! After that, he went away? I guess he didn't after all."

weirdsound
2014-09-19, 07:43 AM
(Yeah, don't worry, she's just a tease and is mainly doing this to try and embarrass Russ, the dude who is eternally to thick to be embarrassed)

Joy pokes Russ in the head as he looks under the mug. 'Go on, she's getting away tiger. I'll look into it and tell you if it's a big deal. Otherwise, let her forget abut it and just have fun with her new catch.'

The dynamic duo make their way about town, looking for the battle hall. It turns out the Battle Hall of Gateon was a warehouse in the old part of town, away from the touristy parts. It looked to be shut, with a large padlock on the door and no lights on within. Outside, sunbathing on a lounge chair in the middle of the street, was an older man in a floral shirt with messy hair and glasses. A name-badge on his shirt seemed to indicate he was in charge of the place

'Hey kids. Want to join an old man for a drink?' He reaches into a cooler and pulls out some beers. Peeking inside, Miranda also spots dozens upon dozens of pokeballs in the ice next to the alcohol.

(Just figured I'd post. Have been sitting out a bit too long, and am going away in 20 minutes for a weekend camping trip. Just figured I'd let you all know I'm still alive/in this)

While Russ is on the phone, Miranda weighs her options. It wasn't quite drinking time, but she could handle one beer. She also knew that it might be worthwhile to get on this important looking fellow's good side, and that for her, sharing a beer was easier than just trying to make conversation.

"It would be foolish... to say no to a free beer."

She sits down and looks at the beer selection. If the option exists, she takes a darker beer such as a Stout or a Porter

Eshkigal
2014-09-23, 09:17 AM
There's another agitated sigh.
"Look, if you already got the framing sorted, set up an ambush with the Rangers. This guy needs to be stopped. We have kidnappers to chase and not much time before someone might die. I'm sorry Russ, but we may be stuck out here for the moment."

IrnBruAddict
2014-09-23, 09:36 AM
As Miranda glances about in the cooler, she spots a nice looking Sinnoh beer wedged under an Ultra Ball and a Dive Ball.

'It's always nice to have company. Your little friend over there can join us when he's done.' The old man takes out a bottle opener shaped like a Golbat and opens Miranda's drink, then clinks his bottle against hers in a toast. 'You two feel free to pull up a seat. I don't usually open the hall up during siesta, but I'm guessing you're here for the challenge? You ever taken the Battle Hall challenge before?'

KujiUn
2014-09-23, 09:40 AM
"Oh, yeah, I think they already know, though. But maybe the Orre guys haven't talked to the Kanto guys. Gotta do that sometime!" Russ thought that was all taken care of by people not him, though, so he didn't feel too worried. "Anyways, don't worry about it! I can handle it myself, promise!"

Eshkigal
2014-09-23, 12:46 PM
"We just worry, you know? Void, it seems like Orre's out to specifically screw with you. Anyway, kick his ass good, we're rooting for you! Also, be sure to mention that you got word of a potential family emergency to your gym so they don't give you flak about it if we need your help in the rescue. Keep us informed, let us know how awesome you are in the ring, alright?"
The last bit seems somewhat happier.
"Take care Russ."
After a response from him, the call will (finally) end.

KujiUn
2014-09-23, 02:06 PM
Russ hm'd, trying to think of something. "Oh! I beat my first qualifyi-... oh, she hung up." Russ hangs up his phone and goes to rejoin the drinking party. "Alright, Miranda, ready to get started!?"

weirdsound
2014-10-06, 12:16 PM
Miranda nods. "Lets... My Pokemon shouldn't be allowed to get rusty, and I have a new one to test."

IrnBruAddict
2014-10-07, 10:47 AM
The veteran slowly climbs out of his chair with a little difficulty, downing the last of his current can. 'This way then. You, big fellah, grab the case, will you?' He motions for Russ to drag the cooler full of beers and pokeballs after them.

He reaches the building and unlocks the door, sliding it open. 'Normally, the first time is for newbie trainers with a low level Poke, but looking at you Miss, probably a little too strong for that? Let's skip ahead little.' He looks along the rack of pokeballs running along the side of his wall, and picks some off. 'Each Battle Hall has it's own little tricks you'll need to figure out how to beat. I got my own trick here, but I ain't telling just yet, sorry.' Grinning at Miranda and Russ, he plugs his balls into a machine that looks like one a healing machine and points to one on the opposite wall for Miranda to use. 'I'll let you pick how many you want to use.'

Other than the two machines at either end of the warehouse, it was a pretty spartan looking building. Rows of pokeballs ran along shelves put up on walls of corrugated iron. The field in the centre was large, but the marks looked worn, and it had plenty of marks showing old battles. A single solitary bulb hung far overhead, providing the room with lighting. It seemed like anything unneeded for battling had been stripped away, and the entire room seemed to be covered in a faint pink haze, and smelled of ozone.

Pick between 1 and 4 pokemon, and state who you'll be starting with.

weirdsound
2014-10-09, 01:24 AM
"I... have five on me." Miranda declares, "...and I'm fine with using as many of them as Russ wants."

IrnBruAddict
2014-10-14, 07:53 PM
*gently nudges Kuji*

KujiUn
2014-10-18, 11:20 AM
"Uh... alright! Let's use three, then! That way, we can both have one each, and you can use all six!"

IrnBruAddict
2014-10-20, 04:18 PM
Apparently when I say who you'll be starting with, you guys ignore me :smallfrown:
Since this is an official battle, say which 3 you've picked out, and which of the 3 you're using first.
You guys want a map this time?

The man nods, and sends out two pokemon, a Cryogonal and a Nidorina.

'Official battle rules. Held items only, no burrowing or flying more than 2 meters, no duplicates, and you pick your 3 pokemon at the start.' Both Miranda and Russ can feel something off with the arena, like the pink mist is messing with their senses or something. Whatever his trick was, it had already started.

KujiUn
2014-10-30, 05:09 PM
Starting with MAN, others are ZAP and RAT.

"Alright, let's do this! Let's go MAN!" He sent out his Hitmonlee and prepared for battle!

SPD15

weirdsound
2014-11-02, 11:49 AM
Miranda offers a smile. This would be a decent place to get some training for her Smoochum. "Curie! Playtime!"

She sends the tiny Pokemon just out of Nidorina's melee range if possible; It would likely know bite.

IrnBruAddict
2014-11-19, 01:17 PM
The four pokemon squared off against each other, staring the opponents down. MAN was the fastest, and the first to make a move.

The Map, since neither of you weighed in on one or not. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-x-DVpMCwdx72S0UAuvCmby3yDIOtU8wKvXYEFrpEM/edit?usp=sharing)
The entire bordered area is the arena, but under the pink squared tiles, pokemon are subject to "special rules" that you'll need to figure out for yourselves.

KujiUn
2014-12-26, 12:04 AM
Sorry for not posting for a while.

MAN launches himself forward, starting off the battle with a Fake Out!

AC2: [roll0] On hit, FLIN

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-17, 07:10 PM
Seeing MAN run up and attack it's companion, the Cryogonal rushes at him and attempts to Bind him, hitting for 10 p normal damage and trapping him where he stood.

The Nidorino was unable to act since it had flinched from MAN's attack.

weirdsound
2015-01-17, 11:05 PM
Miranda observes the battle, before deciding on her move. Although her ally was, rather litterally, in a bind, the researcher understood at once that Nidorino was a better target for her Smoochum's attack. It was, after all, weak to psychic attacks.

"Use confusion! Aim for the purple one!"

Currie moves to H10 on the map and launches Confusion at Nidorino!
[roll0] AC 2, Inflicts Confusion on 19+
[roll1]

KujiUn
2015-01-17, 11:17 PM
"Come on, MAN! Break the hold!" Russ shouted, and MAN, struggling against the bind, shot one of his legs out of the grip and crushed it on the Crygonal!

Brick Break!
Damage: [roll1] P-Fighting

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-19, 06:54 PM
The two pokemon took the hits. And it looked like it should have fainted them both. But instead they both stood, looking fairly healthy for what they had suffered.

The man shook his finger. 'Those who rely only on super-effective moves will find themselves struggling in this Battle Hall.'

The two pokemon turned their attention on MAN, hitting him with an Icy Wind and a Double Kick for 37 s ice damage and 34 p fighting damage respectively.

weirdsound
2015-01-19, 07:29 PM
Miranda was, to say the least, startled by how well Curie's target took the attack, and not particularly good at hiding it either. This was not a good turn of events; Smoochum was not built for trading hits on an even footing with an evolved Pokemon. Despite its less than effective results, there was little to be done but remain at a safe distance and lash out with Confusion.

"Oh... Well... oops... erm... Confusion is also good because it allows me to control the spacing of the battle. Repeat the attack Curie!"

---

[roll0] Confusion AC, Confuse on 19+
[roll1] Psychic Damage!

KujiUn
2015-01-20, 06:40 PM
Darn. Most of his moves are moving moves, too... "Man, Pursuit!" MANtried his best to slam on the ice crystal some more!

Pursuit
Damage: [roll1] P-Dark

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-23, 04:40 PM
The Nidorina and the Cryogonal both take the hits and stay standing. The Nido digs under the ground and moves towards the center of the field, ready to cover whatever happens.

The Cryo backs off, and MAN takes 12 damage from the bind while getting nailed with an Ice Beam to the face. He takes 71 s ice damage.

'Perhaps I should give you two a warning. If you want to turn things around in this battle, you'll need to turn your thinking upside down. As I warned, your super effective attacks will do little to help you here.'

weirdsound
2015-01-25, 05:23 PM
Miranda lets out a sigh. She had a distinct feeling that she knew what was up, and she didn't like it. If the type matchups were reversed, as she suspected, Curie would only have an advantage against the Cryogonal, which would in turn have the exact same advantage against it, and Smoochum were not built for trading super-effective hits. Still the battle was young, and if she confirmed her theory and explained it to Russ, they would have a chance of getting back into the fight.

"Curie... time to move in and test a little... hypothesis of mine. Hit the Cryogonal with your Powder Snow attack!"

---

The little Smoochum waddles to L10, conjures up a flurry of white powder, and hurls it at the overgrown snowflake!

[roll0] AC. Powder Snow usually freezes on a 19-20, but I don't think that applies to the present target...
[roll1] Ice Type Damage on hit...

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-25, 06:43 PM
'Interesting strategy,' said the man as the Cryogonal fell. He quickly sent out a Golbat to take it's place.

Nido: 15
Golbat: 13
Curis: 7
and whatever Kuji sends out

weirdsound
2015-01-26, 01:58 PM
Miranda turns to her slightly less intelegent partner. "I... I could be wrong, but I think not very effective moves may be super effective here. Try more fighting attacks."

Part of Miranda hoped she was incorrect, as none of the Pokemon she was hoping to use in this battle would appreciate an inverse match-up against the present selection of opponents.

KujiUn
2015-01-27, 09:16 AM
"Right! That's my specialty!" Russ tosses out... RAT!

(SPD 13)

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-29, 09:38 AM
The old man said nothing, but he smiled as the Nidorina erupted from under the ground, right behind Curie, landing a nasty blow to the back of the head for 34 p ground damage.

Golbat and RAT are tied, which means RAT gets to act next.

KujiUn
2015-01-29, 01:11 PM
"Alright, RAT, time for some kicks!" RAT rushes the Nidorina, doing a few kicks!

Double Kick!
Hit 1: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Hit 2: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
+ 20 = 38 P-Fighting

IrnBruAddict
2015-01-29, 03:20 PM
The Nidorina quickly crumples under the kicks of the RAT. As if to avenge it's fallen ally, The Golbat swoops down on Curie was an almighty Ariel Ace, delivering a brutal critical hit for 56 p flying damage.

In the back of the ring, the old man sends out a Dwebble, away from the main fighting.

weirdsound
2015-01-30, 02:18 PM
Curie: -50/38
DST = [roll0] Target = 40

The Smoochum crumples under the combined onslaught, and Miranda was fairly sure there was a chance the damage could be life threatening. She recalled the Pokemon at once, hoping that the injuries were treatable, or that an area advanced enough to invert type matchups was also capable of protecting against lethal harm. Reguardless, those were concerns for after the battle.

Miranda had the ideal replacement for Curie in her Grimer Gore, as under inverse rules neither opposing Pokemon would appreciate a poison attack. Sadly Gore was in the hotel room wired up to the dream machine, so another approach would have to be taken.

"Brute force neutral hits... that is a game that two can play! And Venkman should excel at that!"

Miranda hurls a Pokeball, and out pops a good sized stone, from which the form of a Spiritomb abruptly erupts!

Venkman Speed = 1

KujiUn
2015-02-01, 06:18 PM
"Alright! Let's keep up this!" RAT swoops in for the Golbat, going for a bite... but a nice meaty one, at that!

Move Shift used! 3 uses left!
Chompers!
AC2: [roll0] FLIN 15+
Damage: [roll1] P-Fighting

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-02, 06:26 PM
Weird, you forgot to put where on the map the Spiritomb was sent out to.

The Dwebble watches as RAT proceeds to one-shot the Golbat. It aims a super-effective Rock Blast at RAT, but only hits one, causing 19 p rock type damage.

weirdsound
2015-02-03, 04:21 PM
OOC:
(Lets say it is sent out at K7. Also reposting the map for my own benefit so the link is on this page:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-x-DVpMCwdx72S0UAuvCmby3yDIOtU8wKvXYEFrpEM/edit#gid=0

Miranda eyes the battlefield. There was a fair chance the opponent might send out a Pokemon with an advantage against her spiritomb and get a huge attack off before the slow ghost gets a chance to react. Luckily most of Venkman's 'weaknesses' were covered by her ally... Still, it would be best not order her Pokemon too close until she knew what she was dealing with.

"Venkman, hold your ground... use Confuse Ray!"

The spiritomb unleashes a pulse of bright light in Dwebble's direction...

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-03, 06:07 PM
'Looks like I'm on the ropes. However, I'm not out just yet.'

The old dude sends out a Houndour which snarled at RAT and Venkman.

RAT - 13
Houndour - 11
Dwebble - 9
Venkman - 1

KujiUn
2015-02-03, 06:23 PM
"Alright, we got the advantage! RAT, go get that Dwebble! Quick Attack!"

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-03, 06:51 PM
As the Dwebble fell to the Quick Attack, the Houndour moved into position and unleashed a burst of Snarling dark energy. It radiates out and hits both of Venkman and RAT, hitting for 43 s dark damage. Both also lose one combat stage of special attack.

weirdsound
2015-02-03, 07:32 PM
Miranda spots the Houndour preparing to use Snarl, and notes that Rat is in range to get hit as well.

"Venkman... Deny that! Shadow Sneak!"

The Spiritomb exhibits a surprising burst of speed in dashing foward, and strikes at the Houndour from the Shadows before it can get the snarl off!

[roll0] AC
[roll1] Ghost Type Damage

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-03, 08:14 PM
The Houndour falls to the Shadow Sneak, and then the man sends out a Magnemite. However, before the battle can continue, he holds up a hand.

'I think I can see the writing on the wall. Looks like this is your win.'

A nice sexy 5k of experience each is yours for the taking.

weirdsound
2015-02-03, 11:18 PM
Miranda assesses the battlefield, and agrees with the old man's conclusion. "...Indeed. I can think of at least two very solid ways to defeat that Magnemite with what I have left, and that is not even taking my partner into account."

She then turns to Venkman. "Good hit. I think... you bailed our partner's Pokemon out of a bad situation with that."

With an absentminded hand gesture, Miranda recalls the Spiritomb to her side, unsure if there was to be another battle or not.

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 12:15 PM
"Awesome! Great job, RAT! Great job, Miranda!" Russ fistbumped RAT and then raised his hand towards Miranda for a high-five. He missed this sensation, of people working together for a Pokemon battle.

weirdsound
2015-02-05, 01:48 PM
Miranda stares blankly at Russ, somewhat confused. It takes her a good five or so seconds to realize that her partner was going for a high five, and another moment of contemplation to decide that it would be appropriate to oblige him. She raises her hand and delivers a weak and somewhat awkward slap to Russ's.

"Yes. It went... um... well. I'm glad I was able to figure out what was going on here so quickly... It could have gotten bad real fast. That Rat of yours was fairly impressive."

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-05, 02:27 PM
'Yeah, that Raticate was pretty impressive.' The old man came over, breaking open a new beer. 'It's already type shifted, right? Yeah, you might not know this missy, but when you beat the first stage of Battle Hall like your budy apparently already did, you get a free type shifter which can artificially change the typing of an individual pokemon. I personally hate the things, but some people swear by 'em. They were invented by the same guy who figured out how to allow people to fight Inverse Battles. It used to only occur in places where certain radiation is found, first discovered in a cave in Kalos. The guy who made it, Dr Goodman, must be pretty impressive, right? Wonder why he spends so much time and effort creating stuff for silly little Battle Halls like this though.' He sips his beer and just shrugs. 'Then again, who am I to complain, this is a cushy job.'

He approaches Mirands. 'Well little lady, since this is your first victory, you get yourself one of those fancy little Type Shifters. Which one would you like, I'm all out of Steel and Dragon types. Since your buddy over here has already won once, he gets a free type booster of his choice, but I think we know what type he's thinking of.'

weirdsound
2015-02-05, 02:49 PM
Miranda pauses a second in thought. "Well... my favorite types are Psychic and Ground... But I already have enough of those sort of Pokemon... I'll take electric."

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 03:33 PM
"Hell yeah! Get me Fighting!"

IrnBruAddict
2015-02-05, 05:15 PM
The old man opens up a hidden drawer at the bottom of his beer cooler and tosses Miranda what looked like a bright yellow electronic chip, and he tosses Russ a pin in the shape of a fist. "One electric shifter and one fighting booster, here you kids go. You ever want to pass some time with either some cheap beers or some asskickings, feel free to drop by."

As Miranda catches her shifter, she feels her phone go off, containing a message from Captain Joy of the Rangers.

-Looked into that chip. Seems someone called Dr Goodman was experimenting on the Pupitar. He can't track it any more, so it's safe for you to keep.-

weirdsound
2015-02-05, 06:00 PM
Miranda glances at her phone, and something seems to click. "...No way. There must be two researchers with that name or something, The Battle Hall supplier can't be the the person who chipped my mon..." she mutters aloud.

The researcher rubs her eyes and blinks. "Russ... That was a decent battle... You too old man. Now if you'll excuse me, I must depart to partake in some... research."

With that, Miranda turns and walks out of the building towards the ranger station, texting Joy as she goes.

-I'll be right in to pick it up-

Eshkigal
2015-02-05, 06:05 PM
As she walks off, Russ's phone begins to ring. Emma's calling again!

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 08:41 PM
"Whoa, old man!? I'm not that old!" Russ waves to the actual old man when he departs, taking his Pokemon to get some healing. He picks up the phone when he does. "Oh, hey, Emma! What's up?"

Eshkigal
2015-02-05, 09:48 PM
There is a brief pause before Emma starts.
"Russ, there's some news we must share with you, good and bad. I would rather share the bad news when we're nearer to you. For now though, we have a lead on Ethan, or Goodman, or whatever you want to call him now. We're going to head your way again. Damien also met a legendary fighting type! But we need to talk to you once we're in town, and fast, got it?"

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 10:12 PM
"Oh, hey, Goodman! The guy who made the shifters and the Inver- WHOA A FIGHTING TYPE! Really!?" Russ was so pumped he stopped for a moment. "Alright! Let's talk when you guys get here!"

Eshkigal
2015-02-05, 10:18 PM
"Wait. Wait wait wait. Can you go back on that other part, please?"

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 10:21 PM
"Dr. Goodman? That guy made the type shifter pill things and the Inverse battle device, right? Dunno what he's doing with Ethan, though."

Eshkigal
2015-02-05, 10:29 PM
"He IS Ethan, Russ. Ethan's using an alias, and is calling himself Dr. Goodman. Though...augh, dammit, that makes too much sense, consideringhe needs funding for what the hell he does."

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 10:34 PM
"Oh, he is? ...hm... okay, then." Russ rubbed his head. "This is confusing. I guess I'll see you around? Oh, oh! Miranda, she's a research doctor or archeologist or something, was saying there must be two researchers with the same name!" He thought for a bit. "Maybe I should tell her the dude is also a bad guy."

Eshkigal
2015-02-05, 10:41 PM
"...Who's Miranda? Is she around?"
For a moment, Emma wonders if Russ found a girl. Then she dispels the thought as this is Russ.
"...Do you find her trustworthy, Russ?"

KujiUn
2015-02-05, 10:52 PM
"I just told you! Miranda's a doctor who was hired to examine me and the other wrestlers!" Well that is different from before. "Hm? Yeah, I think she is. We both handled a wild pack of Pupitar! I think something's wrong with one of them; she went to the Pokecenter and then the ranger place. I don't think bad guys go to the ranger place that often."

Eshkigal
2015-02-06, 03:36 PM
Oh, if only he knew. Telling him now could lead to stupid things happening, though...
"Then keep her safe and bring her with you to meet us. Ethan has kidnapped someone recently, we don't need more people taken. And keep our coming back quiet among the rangers too, there is some stuff that we need to talk with them in private on, and we have found evidence that he is monitoring them closer than they think. This will draw less attention to everyone, then."
That should work to keep things from going too pear shaped, at least.