PDA

View Full Version : The Reflection of Heroes [Team 3] IC Thread [3.5 Gestalt]

Neely
2014-04-04, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the land of Leviaca! A continent of great diversity, Leviaca (Lev-aye-ah-cah) is home to a great number of peoples who remain divided into individual countries, but have generally good trade relations. In this land is where you begin your journey, individually spread out over the vast surface.

http://i.imgur.com/ha3vJKr.png

Deadland was a name of a country that was not named subtly. It used to be the home of a gigantic civilization of people known as the Coelus. But sometime after that civilization somehow fell or disappeared, large packs of barbarians, brutish monsters, and uncivilized warriors made the land their home. As a result, not much research has been done to find out more about the ancient civilization, a civilization said to have worshipped the space beyond the sky, as no sane person would risk roaming the lands containing large groups of murderous brutes.
Anton Stead stopped being entirely sane a while ago. He'd found himself on the large island continent of Leviaca, and heard of the lost people and their religion, and decided he had to unearth their secrets. He currently found himself within the first layer of the collapsed catacombs, in a large library. There was light streaming in from cracks in the stone above him, just enough to read by. Not many books remained in the ruin, most had been looted by barbarians for easy kindling. The old tome that Anton was currently reading was in a language he did not understand, but picked up the odd word derived from Auran and Terran. The book seemed to be about the culture's creation myth, something about the air carrying them to the earth.
Suddenly, in the corner of his eye, Anton seems a blurred light move past a doorway about 100 feet way.

Kayros steps off the boat into this foreign land. He enters the western end of the continent known as Leviaca, a country called Sunskor, apparently. As he gets off the boat, a large craft used mostly for shipping, but also a small amount of transport. A halfling sits at desk nearby with his feet up on it.
”All newcomers this way! Come on, I don't got all day. Welcome to Sunskor, home of the largest church of Pelor. Please register here. Ay-sap people!”
He doesn't sound very enthusiastic. And this place doesn't seem ideal, but Kayros knows that there are many unexplored regions of this land, and much opportunity for expanding his power.

Being entirely unfamiliar with the material realm, Rain had needed a place to find her bearings before seeking adventure. So she had made her way to Mathoryth the gigantic elven capital of Ambarona, nestled between the country's two major mountain ranges. You couldn't tell based on the city and it's surrounding area, but Ambarona is a heavy forested country , and Raininia has had some experience now traversing it. As she walks through the city she sees many animals following around masters, at least more than one may see in a typical city, due to the hiher than typical amount of druids and rangers in the area. She also notices. Much to her dismay, many street performers, though most of them don't seem to match her skill level.
As she walks down the streets, taking in the sights, she keeps an eye out for the nearest church of Corellon Larethian, and finds one quite quickly. A gigantic building, it almost seems to be it's own city district. She enters the building looking to see if she could potentially stay there for a time, and finds a middle-aged, pale-skinned elf sitting at a small wooden table sitting at the front of a giant entry plaza. He looks up at her, then nearly jumps out of his seat in stressed, immediate urgency.
”Ah! Finally! Someone who looks like they can handle themselves in battle! Come with me!”
He immediately begins walking away toward a hallway off to the side.

Ah, Glaucidium, a country home to some of the biggest, and richest, cities in all of Leviaca. So there seems to be no better place then for a master thief. Gwynn of the Shade walks through a busy, upscale, indoor market, bustling with merchants selling expensive wares to high-paying customers. The mall is in the near-center of the large city called Inopia, a city set up much like a castle, with the rich contained within fortified walls, and the poor forced to the outskirts. It seemed appropriate that one of the most corrupt cities on the continent was also the best spot to buy absolutely anything you might need. Consumerism at it's finest. And fine-pickings for a thief and master of disguise, or even an adventurer looking for gear.

asdflove
2014-04-04, 04:16 PM
Rain blinks startled, tucking a strand of her silvery blue hair behind her ear. "Um. Okay?" while utterly baffled at the man's strange behavior, she follows him. "What's going on?"

Jormengand
2014-04-04, 06:24 PM
[roll0]

Probably know everything there is to know about Pelor, but can't hurt to roll.[roll1]

Hell is this halfling?

Kayros walks towards the halfling and the desk, and, after ensuring that the piece of paper with which Kayros is presented does not hand over the signatory's soul, registers wordlessly thereupon.

Ason
2014-04-05, 12:20 AM
Gwynn of the Shade strolls from stall to stall, trying to get a read on the various merchants to find if any seem corrupt or extravagantly wealthy enough to merit his unique brand of attention. Musing as he wanders the crowded streets, Gwynn cheerily quips to himself, "Well, ain't this a right plum off the pie! Must be a mark for every magpie on the block. Let's have us some fun, say, 'fore we get a kip to rest our boots th' night, eh?"

Neely
2014-04-07, 02:00 AM
He continues to bustle down the long hallway, you pass a small group of elves, along with a solitary half-elf. "What do you mean what's going on? The dwarves! Vicious buggers, don't know what their angle is. Damn mountain humping- Wait." He stops dead in his tracks, causing you to almost run into him. He then spins around quickly looking you in the eyes. "You don't know what I'm talking about? You're not here for the dwarves?"

"Alright, welcome to Leviaca an' all that try not to step on any toes. Might regret it." He waves his hand down the docks, dismissing you to where the cargo it to be taken out of the ship. He looks like he was just woken from a nap.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to know nearly anything you'd need to about Pelor.

The way I treat Knowledge (local) is more like stuff that might be common knowledge. Like you could know that Detroit has a good music scene, and even popular acts to come from there, but there's no way of knowing up-and coming underground artists without ranks in Knowledge (local: Detroit). If this bugs you I'm okay with you changing around your skills, just tell me what you put the ranks out of/in to.
So you don't know anything about this singular halfling other than it being real weird to see a halfling running admissions to a country that worships Pelor.

All of the booths are fairly extravagant, nearly all of them are permanent fixtures, many allow you to walk in, essentially just a shop. Gwynn's been told numerous times that you can buy "absolutely anything" in this city, but he's yet to see anything along the lines of public slave trading. The most dastardly thing he's seen thusfar is a large shop devoted entirely to necromancy just down the street. Short of that, every store seems pleasant enough on the surface to appeal to customers, finding real corruption beyond just being in the city may require more stealth.

AwakeandRPing
2014-04-07, 04:28 AM
Glancing about him with a mournful expression Anton sighed. Why did so many people in this world seem to treat books as a middle ground between kindling and toilet paper? He was certain that a sign of a society doomed to inveitable ruin was a refusal to respect literature.

Pausing in his overview of the surroundings at a sudden flicker of movement Anton swallowed and carefully put the book he was reading down onto some paper obtained for this purpose. Wrapping it carefully then typing the covering in place he made certain it was secure before stowing it in his bag. Only then did he straighten and turn in the direction of the light he saw.

"Typical. You settle down for a quiet read and something always interrupts." For a moment Anton considered leaving the ruins with what he had found so far but curiosity and the belief that perhaps he might have missed something led him as easily as ever. Following the light slowly he took his time moving through the area, the usual expectation of a sudden trip guiding his steps.

asdflove
2014-04-07, 08:57 AM
"Dwarves? Umm, no, but I'm happy to help if help is needed. What are they doing?" She tilts her head to the side confused. "I just came to the city, so I don't really know anything that's been going on here."

Ason
2014-04-07, 09:49 AM
Spying the necromancy shop, Gwynn thinks to himself, "Hm... deaders ain't my usual angle, but it seems like something that Morguleth bint would've enjoyed. Let's see if they've got any special collections a lad could borrow for himself..." With that thought in mind, Gwynn strolls into the store as if he were any other customer interested in window-shopping and seeing the curiosities.

Neely
2014-04-08, 12:09 PM
As Anton moves forward, he meets no resistance before the doorway. As he looks through it he sees that the door enters into a hallway that branches left and right. The light that had flashed by went left, so he looks that way first. There is a long hall with no visible doors, ending in a dead end about fifty feet away. Anton can see this easily because there is a torch laying on the ground at the dead end. The other direction of the hallway goes for about 20 feet before making a left turn. Anton can hear two hushed voices coming from an unknown direction, he cannot make out what they are saying.

The man grimaces, obviously miffed that Rain isn't here for the dwarves. He mumbles to himself for a second, then shrugs and turns around, continuing to lead her down the hallway. "Well, that's just the thing you see, they're not doing anything! Just camped out on the north-western mountain. They know we're here! Don't know what their angle is. Anyways, we don't want to walk our city guards into a trap, so we're giving a reward to any adventurer who wants to deal with it." He enters into a large room with high ceilings, this one is furnished like an office, and he stops at the desk of a small mousey-looking elf who is writing on a scroll. "Hannah, would you let Nellas know that we have a volunteer here?"
Hannah looks up from her desk, gives a tired sigh, stands up and walks about five feet behind her desk to a door and quietly knocks on it. It quickly opens, revealing a tall green-haired elven woman, who walks right past Hannah and spreads her arms wide and smiles. "Ah! Who is this? Do we finally have a volunteer?"

Gwynn approaches the shop, walking past two suits of armour who shift to watch him enter. As soon as he passes the threshold of the shop he can faintly smell the distinct odor of rot. There is an older gentleman with short grey hair and five o'clock shadow sitting behind a counter at the back of the shop, and he spots you through the rows of shelves. The shelves seem to mostly hold ingredients for spells and rituals. Though there are also scrolls, wands, and the typical stuff you would find in a magic store.
"Hey there! How yeah doing? Whatcha looking for? No, no, wait, let me guess... Uh, wizard, and you need a couple scrolls and boatloads of black onyx?" He smiles, drumming his fingers on the counter. He actually comes across fairly friendly and charming, considering he's sitting next to a display stand of severed hands.

asdflove
2014-04-08, 02:05 PM
"Um. Hi. I'm Rain. Raininia Freesong. So you need someone to investigate dwarves who are in the mountains for some inexplicable reason?" Absentmindedly, a nervous tick, Rain starts twirling a strand of her hair around her finger.

AwakeandRPing
2014-04-09, 01:54 AM
Frowning slightly at the torch as though it had offended him by its presence Anton glanced around for a moment, trying to work out where the voices were coming from. No immediate signs of anyone and no sense of minds very near.

That was a bit worrying if he could hear them.

Shrugging the concern off temporarily he turned his attention down the dead end. The light had flickered down here so that might suggest something still to find. Strolling down carefully he eyed the walls with a speculative eye. Assuming there was a route out of here based off the angle he had come in and thickness of the walls there were a limited number of places it could be. Of course he might just not be able to see all the details of the room yet. Some cultures used careful placement of angles to make hidden sections in rooms and halls.

Ason
2014-04-09, 10:06 PM
Gwynn's eyebrows raise as the shopkeep calls on him. "Yer barking at me? 'fraid I ain't got the head for proper wizardry, but I do have my own magic of sorts. No onyx though- shadows and darkness are more my ken. Got anything up that alley?" As the shopkeep answers the question, Gwynn casually looks around window shopping, trying to scope out the rarest trinkets and more expensive items for him to swipe when he returns later that evening. "While I'm at it, that's a nice chock of hands there, but what kind of barmy would ever sell his own hand, even to a dazzler shop like this?"

As Search is used more for noticing fine details in a small area, I'm having Gwynn roll Appraise to gauge the relative worth of things in the store. Appraise: 1d20+6 I can roll something else instead, however, if you think another skill more appropriate to surveying a shop's wares.

EDIT: I forgot the forum's preview button turns your rolls into "roll0" (it's been awhile), so I'm trying to insert the real roll into this post via an edit. If that doesn't work or pops up a warning/error message, I'll just do it in the OOC thread.

Neely
2014-04-13, 04:48 AM
Nellas nods, exasperated, she begins pacing, "Yes, yes, yes, don't know what they're up to! Complete nonsense. We definitely need an adventurer, someone who can handle themselves in a fight, just in case. You up for some challenge? We can pay you, and you'd also be doing a favor for the largest church of Corelon Lothlorien on the continent!"

As he walks down the hallway, the voices get louder, they're coming from this direction. There are no noticeable marks on the walls, he doesn't see anything that looks like a door as he walks down the hallway. He reaches the end of the stone corridor, and finds that there is a very slight drawn outline of a doorway. There is a crack in the wall that the conversation is coming from, they are speaking in Terran. <<"...barbarians don't read you moron, it's not a meat head. I don't know what it is but it's not one of those things.">>

Continuing to drum his fingers on the counter, he seems glad to be continuing the conversation. "Well, sounds like you're more into illusions and the like, but we do have some shadow flavored spells for weakening your opponents if that's up your alley." As Gwynn walks around the store, the more expressive things out in the front of the shop seem to be higher power scrolls and wands, though he also sees a couple interesting magic rings for enhancing necromancy, an "Amulet of Fear" (according to the tag), and a couple of items for to enhance turning and rebuking. "Ah the hands? We get them from a seller. No idea where he gets his from. They're for crawling hands, great, portable assistants, and decent assassins too." He kicks something under the counter and a moving hand crawls up beside his own hands and also begins drumming on the counter.

asdflove
2014-04-13, 09:37 AM
Her eyes widen at the mention of payment. "Oh, no, no, no. I couldn't possibly accept payment. Doing a favor for the a church of my god is plenty."

AwakeandRPing
2014-04-14, 03:52 AM
Moving slightly closer to the indentation in the stone Anton considered testing it for opening but hesitated. It might be worthwhile identifying the people on the other side first before pushing open the door.

Instead stepping up to the crack he glanced through the space, trying to gauge what was on the other side and continue to listen to their conversation for a bit longer before announcing his presence.

Ason
2014-04-15, 10:46 PM
Raising his eyebrows in pleasure as the cashier mentions the weakening spells, Gwynn idly says, "Ya might interest me in a trick like that, but the jink's not in my wallet to pay for such trinkets today, I fear. The market's not safe fer a walkabout 'less you know exa'tly the wares you want, and I don' fancy some dipper bobbing off with my hard-earned coins while I'm just looking 'round." With a smirk as he starts making his farewell, Gwynn adds, "Mayhaps I'll return later to take some of th' wares off your hands? 'tis a right proper store you have here, an' I'd love to browse your wares again when things's more proper on my end."

As he starts making his way out of the shop, Gwynn will try to swipe the choicest and most useful-to-his-needs small item he can discreetly steal, ideally something related to shadows or fear effects.

Sleight of Hand (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/sleightOfHand.htm) Check: [roll0]

Neely
2014-04-19, 06:33 AM
Nellas smiles widely, snapping her fingers once. "Fantastic. Fantastic!" She looks to the man who brought Raininia to the room, almost bouncing, "A good catch, Tethir, I like this one. Now, Ms. Freesong, we have one other volunteer, a wilderness man of sorts, has a bunch of animals. It's just the two of you so far, and there are four dwarves. Would you like to wait around for more volunteers, or would you like to head out now? I know he's itching to go."

As Anton considers testing the door, he hears the continued conversation. <<"Ah sh*t, it's here. Deal with it.">> By the time Anton gets his eye to the crack, there is only one figure in the room, and it is walking towards him. About thirty feet way, it is a hulking bipedal creature, looking somewhat like a cockroach, but made entirely of dirt and rock. It is unclothed, but holding a longsword and its speaks somewhat aggressively in broken common. "Raiding our books, now dropping eaves on talks?"

It is medium sized. If you'd like to try a Knowledge check, roll for both arcana and the planes.

"I look forward to your business, if you've got any questions, feel free to come in an' ask. No obligations to buy anything." He smiles back, then glances down at a clipboard on the counter, still drumming his fingers. As Gwynn walks back out of the store, he is able to pocket the "Amulet of Fear" without the man noticing. When he steps past the boundary of the store, several things happen; the smell of rot disappears, and there is a loud noise of screeching metal. The two suits of armour from the store front then move and step in front of him, lifting the visors of their helmets to reveal grinning corpse faces with long tongues hanging out of the mouths. They hold up their arms to block his way as the man at the counter pulls a wand from behind the display stand and shoots a spell at Gwynn, as soon as the spell flies past, two shadowy figures come up out of the ground, they're both slightly transparent, wearing light armour, and look horribly burned.

The perils of being a thief. Feel free to roll a Spellcraft and two Knowledge (religion) checks in the OOC thread if you'd like. Specify which Knowledge roll is for each pair of creatures.
Ranged touch attack from the spell: [24]

AwakeandRPing
2014-04-21, 05:26 AM
Pausing still half bent over Anton briefly confirmed that he was the one being addressed with an indication towards himself and expanded the smile on his face.

"Me? I do apologise for taking your books, I had not realised there were owners. Based off the surroundings I thought it was uninhabited and looking at your appearance I suspect you're not from around here normally? Perhaps we could discuss an appropriate price for your books then?"

Straightening with his arms spread wide to show that, though armed, he was not currently holding the mace. "As for "dropping eaves" Ii thought it best to see who was here before I said hello. You meet all sorts in these places."

Knowledge Planes
[roll0]
Knowledge Arcana
[roll1]

Neely
2014-04-21, 07:34 PM
It squints at Anton through the crack, as he spies at it Anton is able to tell that it looks like a Tirbana, a race of bug people he was faintly familiar with, but it also seemed to have some connection to the plane of earth. Though Anton was unsure whether it was actually from that dimension, or if it was an ancestral or magical connection.
It speaks again, to itself in Terran, <<"Hmm. Hik'ta was right, this guy isn't one of the morons.">>
Then it speaks louder in common, "Books no sale. Go away."
I would appreciate it if you didn't look up Tirbana stats, obviously I can't stop you, but I'd prefer if you asked me things in the OOC thread.

AwakeandRPing
2014-04-22, 05:01 AM
Tilting his head to one side as he considered the Tribana the explorer frowned for a moment as he considered its odd nature. Perhaps elemental ancestors of some kind. Very unusual.

His curiosity though was side-tracked somewhat by the being's refusal to sell the books. Frowning momentarily he tilted his head slightly to one side, absently flexing one hand a couple of time.

"If you're not willing to sell have you any willingness to trade? After all I am certain there is assistance I could provide fellow explorers working through such a place."

asdflove
2014-04-23, 03:49 PM
"I'd be glad to go now." She smiles broadly. "Or wait for more. I'm fine with either." She pauses. "If the other guy wants to go now, we might as well go."

Ason
2014-04-24, 09:34 PM
"Cor!" Gwynn cries out as enemies begin popping up around him.

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Knowledge- Religion (suits of armor): [roll1]
Knowledge- Religion (shadows): [roll2]
Hide: [roll3]
If that touch spell was an attack against Gwynn, it certainly hits, but I'll need to see the results before I can confirm his response to the damage (i.e. if he's hampered by the spell, he may react differently). Also, shall I roll initiative, or is it already set by the storekeep's actions?

Neely
2014-04-24, 11:49 PM
"Ah, fantastic!" Nellas excitedly taps on Hannah's desk. "Hannah, go get the wild man, tell him to meet Ms. Freesong here just outside of the church." Hannah nods silently and bustles off to bring the man. Tethir brings Rain outside and soon the wildman arrives from inside the church, he is a thin, scruffy looking elf wearing light adventuring gear, and there is a large longbow on his back. He is followed by three animals, large vicious-looking lizards with razor sharp teeth and claws. He doesn't introduce himself, claiming that the only important thing is that he worships Corellon Larethian, and his name shouldn't matter. Tethir gives the Rain and the wildman a map and sends them on their way out of the city. On the way to the spot, as they climb up the mountainside, the man briefly discusses tactics, explaining that he'd prefer to take them by surprise by surrounding them with his animals (he calls them Fleshrakers) and killing them swiftly, but he welcomes discussion. He seems very to the point, and not social, but open to cooperation. He obviously does not trust dwarves.

The shopkeeper, seeing the spell connect, jumps up from his seat, throwing the wand aside and casts a spell on his own in Gwynn's direction. The air darkens in the space between Gwynn and the man, and seems to ripple like air in the hot sun. Gwynn feels suddenly very tired, like he's just done a long day of hard labour. One of the wraiths behind him twitches as if to attack, but does nothing.

You are exhausted.
Ason, the actions I described in the initial post count as the surprise round, I should have asked you to roll initiative. Please do so here, sorry about that. Also, you are within AoO range, so you need to cast defensively or risk the hit. The point of the creatures is that they've essentially surrounded you. Gwyyn feels no different after being hit by the ray, he thinks that the spell is dimensional anchor. He does not know what the creatures inside the armour are, but he recognizes the shadowy creatures as wraiths. It's worthy of note that none of the undead have tried to attack you yet.

Enemy initiative:

Shopkeep: 20
Wraith 1: 18
Gwynn: 15
Armoured 1: 15
Armoured 2: 13
Wraith 2: 10

Waiting for your answer in the OOC thread about what you currently look like.

asdflove
2014-04-26, 01:02 PM
"Well, from what I was told they aren't actually doing anything wrong right of this moment. Perhaps we should actually try talking to them first..." She trails off, wondering what could of happened to make him distrust dwarves. She had yet to interact with them much. Are dwarves generally considered untrustworthy?

Neely
2014-04-28, 09:18 AM
"Sure they aren't doing anything wrong," he replies, scratching one of the Fleshrakers on the back of the neck, "but they must be plotting to. What other reason would the scoundrels have for resting just outside of Mathoryth? Hmm?" He sighs. "But I can't run into battle with someone who's hesitant, so what do you want to do? Go talk to them while I cover? Or should we both go?"

asdflove
2014-04-28, 11:07 AM
"I... I'll talk to them alone. Obvious distrust is typically meet with distrust and hostility. If they are hostile, then we'll attack, but they may leave if they're asked nicely..." She pauses. "I doubt you'll answer this since you won't even tell me your name, but why do you distrust dwarves so much? Are dwarves usually untrustworthy?"

Neely
2014-05-01, 05:37 PM
The creature grunts and stomps his foot like an petulant child. "No! Strange monster go away! I will wreck you up! Can even get through wall?"

"Yeah, they might I guess. I'll surround them and provide cover for when- er- for if they attack you." He starts to move until he hears her question, at which point he stops, and looks at her like she's insane. "Because... they're dwarves? They're like vermin, they live underground, all they do is eat and drink and act like barbarians. As elves, we are both literally and figuratively above them."

asdflove
2014-05-01, 08:05 PM
Rain blinks, horrified at this blatant racism. "While I've never actually met a dwarf, I know they are just as an intelligent race as us elves are. Just because they have a different culture than elves, doesn't mean they're vermin." Her voice is low, and has a dangerous note to it. "If you're really that xenophobic, then I should let you know that I was born and raised in the feywild, which is quite a different place from here."

Neely
2014-05-01, 08:25 PM
At Rain's menacing tone, the smaller two of the three fleshrakers begin to growl at her angrily willing to defend their master. The Wild Man looks irritated, snaps his fingers, and the growling stops immediately. "Ah, that explains your strange outlook. They're dwarves, we're elves, I don't know what it's like in the feywild, but here that means we don't like each other. That's why we're out here, because I guarantee you that they have the same opinion of us. I can understand not wanting to kill them, but I will not treat scum like that with any respect." He doesn't seem to be upset, or even defensive, he's just stating facts.

asdflove
2014-05-03, 09:59 AM
She sighs. "Oh, alright." She starts to move forward again.

AwakeandRPing
2014-05-05, 06:50 AM
"Very well then, pardon my intrusion."

Not even acknowledging the question of whether or not he could get through the wall Anton turned away and began heading back the way he had originally entered. Getting into a fight with rival explorers had no advantage to him. Of course he was not going to put the books he had already stored back.

Neely
2014-05-08, 12:33 PM
I'd been hoping I wouldn't have to move forward with just two of you, but I don't think Jormengand is coming back, and Ason's hasn't posted at all since he last did here, so he must be dealing with life stuff. So we will move on.

After a short while Rain, the man, and the fleshrakers reach near the spot where the dwarves are supposed to be. The fleshrakers circle around to come at the dwarves at all angles, but are told only to attack when the wild man blows a whistle hanging around his neck. He continues walking with Rain, and they see the dwarf camp nestled between two large rocks.
"I guess I'll wait here, and you can go communicate. If I see any foul play I'm comin' in."

As Anton turns to leave, he notices that there is another one of the creatures at the end of the hallway, watching him. It is holding a greatsword. You hear it speak in Terran to someone Anton can't see.
<<"It's either leaving or coming towards me. Should I attack it?">>

asdflove
2014-05-08, 03:17 PM
Rain nods, and strides forward, a smile on her face. "Hello. My name is Raininia Freesong, and I've come from the church of Corellon Larethian to inquire why you are on this mountain. Your presence is making some people uneasy as dwarves typically do not have a reason to reside in these mountains." She speaks in an cheery, if accented, common and the friendly smile never leaves her face.

Jormengand
2014-05-09, 10:41 AM
I'd been hoping I wouldn't have to move forward with just two of you, but I don't think Jormengand is coming back, and Ason's hasn't posted at all since he last did here, so he must be dealing with life stuff. So we will move on.

I still have no clue what Kayros is supposed to be doing. You're not allowing me to know about the major plot hook, and I've been dumped in a city with no explanation of what I'm doing or what i should be doing.

Neely
2014-05-09, 12:16 PM
I still have no clue what Kayros is supposed to be doing. You're not allowing me to know about the major plot hook, and I've been dumped in a city with no explanation of what I'm doing or what i should be doing.

Well maybe roleplay then. No one knows the major plot hook, and yet the other group has met up already and the other three players in this group seem to be doing fine with their solo starters. Your character's motivation (as far as I was able to figure out) is to be amassing power, which is why you've come to this continent. I set this up in the first post:

Kayros steps off the boat into this foreign land. He enters the western end of the continent known as Leviaca, a country called Sunskor, apparently. As he gets off the boat, a large craft used mostly for shipping, but also a small amount of transport. A halfling sits at desk nearby with his feet up on it.
”All newcomers this way! Come on, I don't got all day. Welcome to Sunskor, home of the largest church of Pelor. Please register here. Ay-sap people!”
He doesn't sound very enthusiastic.
And this place doesn't seem ideal, but Kayros knows that there are many unexplored regions of this land, and much opportunity for expanding his power.

As for not knowing what to do? Well, you could continue talking to the halfling, you could move down the dock like he said you should, you could look around and talk to other passengers from the vessel, you could do literally anything you want. I'm not going to hand you the plot on a silver platter. Roleplay your character. :smallconfused:

Jormengand
2014-05-09, 12:24 PM
Well maybe roleplay then. No one knows the major plot hook, and yet the other group has met up already and the other three players in this group seem to be doing fine with their solo starters. Your character's motivation (as far as I was able to figure out) is to be amassing power, which is why you've come to this continent. I set this up in the first post:

As for not knowing what to do? Well, you could continue talking to the halfling, you could move down the dock like he said you should, you could look around and talk to other passengers from the vessel, you could do literally anything you want. I'm not going to hand you the plot on a silver platter. Roleplay your character. :smallconfused:

Who's here? What can Kayros see? What's he even doing here? I have literally no clue what's going on, because Kayros is sitting here for an insufficiently-explained reason, in an insufficiently-explained place with insufficiently-explained people.

AwakeandRPing
2014-05-09, 03:40 PM
"Ah, that's where you got to. I was sure he wasn't talking to himself." Feeling a familiar twitch begin to act up, the claustrophobia not of the walls around him but of being surrounded by unfriendly entities Anton again showed unarmed hands. "Trying to leave peacefully here. No need for anyone to get irritable about it."

Neely
2014-05-17, 05:28 AM
As she approaches, they all draw weapons, mostly waraxes. They all stay back, keeping a lookout for others as Rain gets closer, readying for an ambush of some kind. One strides forward to meet her, his weapon is drawn, but lowered. "Ah, yes, I was wondering when someone would notice us. I must thank you for coming and speaking, I expected harsher treatment. I'll remember ijn the future that not all elves are as cold as their drow brethren." He returns the smile, putting one hand in a pouch at his side. "We were sent on a mission from an oracle, a relic was found in the eastern mountains of Ankkung, and an oracle in a small Korobokuru community came to our mine to tell us of a vision. Apparently Thard Harr told this oracle that the relic needed to be here. The oracle is a respected elder, and Thard Harr is an exarch of the dwarf father, so... a team was put together." He motions back to the group with his weapon. They are all on high alert and not paying much attention, except for a smaller one among them who is listening intently. "We've lost a few good warriors along the way, but we'll hopefully find where we need to go soon. To risky to go right to the city, not everyone is as accommodating as yourself."

<<"It's talking at me in that surface language. You speak that, or just the planar tongues?">> Another of the creatures peeks it's head around the corner, responding in Terran. <<"Just the planars. Don't wanna yell to Koua though, don't wanna get this monster all worked up. It seems to be surrendering, but with magic you never know.">> The second creature disappears for a breif second, then comes back, holding up a crossbow from around the corner.

All around Kayros are bustling passengers and sailors. Most are carrying suitcases and bags, and seem to be quite well off. Obviously the richer deck was let off first. There are several other ships docked, mostly supply ships, and down the dock they are unloading and re-loading food supplies, equipment, and passenger luggage. There is a human man standing around with a large stack of papers, waiting for people to claim their bags if they have them. At the end of the dock are several shops in a small fisher's market and the path to the rest of the district.
If you want more information, ask for it. As for why you're here, once again, try some role playing, might help. I've established quite a bit that I'm a first time DM, so constructive criticism is welcome, but stopping posting, then coming back and complaining that you don't know what to do in a role playing game is not the answer. If you'd rather not play, my feelings won't be hurt if you chose not to continue, but if you wanna see where I might be going with it, or you're just stubborn enough to keep up with the DMing that no one else seems to have had significant problems with, then let's move on.

asdflove
2014-05-17, 08:56 AM
Rain smiles at him. "I see. I'll admit that I have an ally whom is less... kind than I, but I managed to convince him that we should try actually talking to you, and this simply proves that I am correct. Not only do you have a valid reason for being here, you mean no ill will towards anyone." She pauses, wondering if her ally actually heard any of that, or is he was just focused on the dwarves still looking around warily. "I do wish there was a way I could help find what you seek."

AwakeandRPing
2014-05-19, 01:57 AM
Sighing patiently and enjoying the uncomfortable sensation that there was something flitting at the edge of his vision Anton waited until the second of the two came back. Allowing it to get and set its crossbow first he patiently waited for some indication of where it wanted him to be heading. After all, there was no need for violence, especially the kind that involved him getting shot.

Besides this other member of their group might be more amenable to negotiation.