PDA

View Full Version : Changing your Phylactery?

atemu1234
2014-04-04, 06:11 PM
Is it possible to change one's phylactery as a lich? Like, after you've already made one?

Bugworlds
2014-04-05, 12:10 AM
Off the top of my head, without looking up Lich stuff, I think if you were to become /cured/ from lichness, you could become a lich again with a new phylactery.

Forrestfire
2014-04-05, 01:43 AM
I'm not entirely sure there are rules against simply having more than one phylactery, Voldemort-style, or just breaking yours and making a new one.

Envyus
2014-04-05, 01:46 AM
I'm not entirely sure there are rules against simply having more than one phylactery, Voldemort-style, or just breaking yours and making a new one.

You can't have more then one unless your a Demilich. (And in that case all of them are on you) But breaking one and making a new one can be done it's just expensive and time consuming.

Marnath
2014-04-05, 07:31 AM
You can't have more then one unless your a Demilich. (And in that case all of them are on you) But breaking one and making a new one can be done it's just expensive and time consuming.

That is wrong. Libris Mortis states that a Lich cannot create another phylactery.

Yue Ryong
2014-04-05, 08:14 AM
There is an epic spell in... Champions of Ruin? ...that allows you create additional phylacteries without reaching demilichdom. You put your existing phylactery in a pile with the stuff you want to make your new phylacteries, cast the spell and now a bunch of them are phylacteries. I kind of wanted to combine that with the 'spend a gp' phylactery trick.

ShurikVch
2014-04-05, 08:30 AM
There is an epic spell in... Champions of Ruin? ...that allows you create additional phylacteries without reaching demilichdom. You put your existing phylactery in a pile with the stuff you want to make your new phylacteries, cast the spell and now a bunch of them are phylacteries. I kind of wanted to combine that with the 'spend a gp' phylactery trick.
Aumvor’s fragmented phylactery

Also, there are Dry Liches with their Canopic Jars...