PDA

View Full Version : Better Spells for the Sun Domain?

Palanan
2014-04-05, 11:08 AM
I'd like to work up a variant Sun Domain for a tribal culture that worships the sun. I'd like the granted power and list of spells to have less of a fire/undead focus and more of a pure sun theme. What would be some good sun-themed spells for the domain list, and what would be an appropriate granted power?

Urpriest
2014-04-05, 11:13 AM
The Summer Domain in Sandstorm might fit the bill.

Dimers
2014-04-05, 11:52 AM
For spells, try searching DND Tools (http://dndtools.eu/spells/) for keywords like light, sun and searing. That picks up obvious stuff like sunbeam/sunburst, deadly sunstroke, daylight and so forth.

I also like clarity of mind, hawkeye, dawn and blistering radiance as Sun Domain spells. In my gameworld, true seeing might fit, too -- the sun goddess has a strong revelation portfolio.

For domain granted powers, how's this --
At 1st level, constant endure elements
At 3rd level, you can cast light as often as you want
At 5th level, darkness spells are suppressed while you're in their radius (whether you want that or not)
At 10th level, immune to blindness

Palanan
2014-04-05, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Urpriest
The Summer Domain in Sandstorm might fit the bill.

Thanks, but not quite what I was looking for, and the granted power(s) don't really fit.

Originally Posted by Dimers
I also like clarity of mind, hawkeye, dawn and blistering radiance as Sun Domain spells. In my gameworld, true seeing might fit, too -- the sun goddess has a strong revelation portfolio.

Aha, thanks for this. Clear-seeing of various sorts would definitely be appropriate.