PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A (Pathfinder) Barbarian/Horizon Walker Rage Cycle questions and stuff

Saironthis
2014-04-05, 02:12 PM
So I was reading up on some Barbarian stuff, and I found mention of a "Horizon Walker" Prestige class. http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/prestigeClasses/horizonWalker.html

Now as I read up on it (Particularly Desert Terrain Mastery/Dominance), ideas started to form.

So far, I have this.

Race: Human w/ Heart of the Fields alternative racial trait.

Class: Barbarian 6/ Horizon Walker 3

Stat Priority: Str > Con > Dex > Wis = Int > Cha

Feats:
Bonus:Power Attack
1st: Raging Vitality
3rd: Open (Thinking extra rage power or Power attack if you want to go non-human)
5th: Endurance (To qualify for Horizon Walker)
7th: Vital Strike
9th: Furious Finish

Rage Powers:
2nd: (Insert Rage Cycle based power here to make Roused Anger more useful)
4th: Roused Anger
6th: (More Rage Cycling powers)

Horizon Walker:

1st Favored Terrain: Desert
2nd Favored Terrain: (Insert common terrain to campaign here)
1st Terrain Mastery: Desert (If you get Exhausted, you get Fatigued)
1st Terrain Dominance: Desert (You don't get Fatigued)

Barbarian stuff is straight forward, but Roused Anger, Furious Finish, and Horizon Walker are where the questions lie.

OK, First,

Furious Finish

While raging, when you use the Vital Strike feat, you can choose not to roll your damage dice and instead deal damage equal to the maximum roll possible on those damage dice. If you do, your rage immediately ends, and you are fatigued (even if you would not normally be).

So, we know that if we use this to end a rage cycle, we become fatigued. Under normal circumstances, we can't rage again. But..

Roused Anger

The barbarian may enter a rage even if fatigued. While raging after using this ability, the barbarian is immune to the fatigued condition. Once this rage ends, the barbarian is exhausted for 10 minutes per round spent raging.

- Now, our rage ends and we're supposed to be exhausted; but we look to our handy dandy Terrain Mastery. If an effect causes us to become Exhausted, we become fatigued instead. However, due to our Terrain Dominance (Desert), we cannot be fatigued.

So...does this mean we can just Furious Finish + Ragecycle all over the place?