PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Are arcane spells used as powers by S2P Erudites subject to armor ASF chances?

AnonymousPepper
2014-04-05, 04:31 PM
I'm not finding anything anywhere else about this.

Silva Stormrage
2014-04-05, 04:38 PM
I would say RAI yes, the arcane spells used by Spell To Power Erudites have verbal and somatic components and armor would still interfere with them.

RAW I they are still psionic powers and thus don't have arcane spell failure. The rules just say they have components like the original spells not that they have arcane spell failure too.

AnonymousPepper
2014-04-05, 04:42 PM
Well, there are plenty of spells with somatic components that don't have spell failure - divine spells. The only real difference is the spell type... which is what's leading me to think that they would not have a spell fail chance as powers, because it seems to be determined by the type of effect, not by whether it has components.

sleepyphoenixx
2014-04-05, 05:42 PM
Psionic powers have no verbal or somatic components and are not subject to ASF. Since nothing in the StP rules contradicts that it applies as normal.

Psyren
2014-04-06, 12:43 AM
Psionic powers have no verbal or somatic components and are not subject to ASF. Since nothing in the StP rules contradicts that it applies as normal.

Actually, the StP Erudite specifies that spells you learn as powers still have V and S components "unchanged." Whether this translates to ASF is a matter of interpretation but it shouldn't matter much either way.