PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Adept?

atemu1234
2014-04-05, 07:18 PM
It comes with three bonus feats right off of the bat. Is it broken?

Andezzar
2014-04-05, 07:23 PM
Not any more than the tier 1 casting class you used to enter into that PrC.

Zanos
2014-04-05, 07:24 PM
I always thought it was a bit too good for a single level. It requires one situational feat (shadow weave magic), one metamagic feat, and skills you would be taking anyway.

So for the cost of one feat and a one level dip that progresses casting anyway you get the ability to force other casters to make CL checks to detect your spells, +4 bonus to overcoming SR, and an effective +4 to your CL when people try to dispel your spells.

Spreading the bonus feats out among the class progression would make it more reasonable or making the first level not progress casting should fix it, I think.

Urpriest
2014-04-05, 08:16 PM
It's strong. I don't think you actually get to be broken without doing something a good deal more dramatic.

Andezzar
2014-04-06, 01:37 AM
It's strong. I don't think you actually get to be broken without doing something a good deal more dramatic.What like DCSing the feats for something you actually want?

I just found out that the 3.5 versions of the feats are much more powerful than the intended 3.0 versions.

Urpriest
2014-04-06, 09:29 AM
What like DCSing the feats for something you actually want?

I just found out that the 3.5 versions of the feats are much more powerful than the intended 3.0 versions.

In that setup it's DCS that's broken, not the Shadow Adept.:smallwink:

Ansem
2014-04-06, 02:37 PM
For a Dread Necromancer it has no downsides, since it all boosts necromancy (and DN has a solid spell list).
If you go for DC spells in which the feats grant bonuses it's awesome, in the other schools it's quite a pain.