PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Daelkyr Half-Blood Psychic Warrior and Soulborn

Irk
2014-04-05, 08:34 PM
My groups does not usually like to play games with characters optimized to an unbelievable extent.To define this preference more specifically, spells like fireball are most frequently used, and I made a hexblade that had to be removed (in an OoC, amiable manner).

This is fine. I don't mind at all, but I really like optimizing. So, I have decided instead to create complex characters that still are technically optimization, but with respect to a more mundane aspect. I'd just like some help with this low power optimization I'm working on.

My first idea is the Daelkyr Half-Blood Psychic warrior with a Throwing Scarab. The feats would probably just be Point Blank Shot, Psionic Shot, Greater Psionic Shot, and Psionic Meditation to deal 6d6 per round by level 8. Unfortunately, the scarabs can only dispense one spine per round, so I'd like to be able to somehow get off a quickened Dissolving Weapon before I throw them to up the damage to 10d6. I may also acquire Fell Shot. However, a throwing Scarab has a GP value of 1,000, so I could just acquire a second and launch two spines in the same round, though I'd have to get Psicrystal Affinity and Psicrystal Containment to get the benefits of Greater Psionic Shot twice. However, this would allow me to use the Feat Battery, as long as I wasn't doing so in a broken way. For instance, I'd probably use the Psicrystal to store quicken Power. However, the whole build is welcome to revision. I mainly like the flavor of the Throwing Scarab, and like the idea of stacking more enhancements onto it. If it seems TOO powerful (based on direct damage wizards being the bound for high powered), let me know.

My other idea was to use a Soulborn along with Claws of the Wyrm and Girallon Arms Bound to my Arms Chakra to get rend. From there, I was considering Never Outnumbered + Imperious Command + Brass Mane + Dreadful Wrath to get some demoralization in addition to melee.
Then, since Dragonblood is required for Draconic Soulmelds anyway, I could use Dragonborn to get Draconic Aura: Vigor to buff my allies along with share Incarnum Radiance to buff my allies. For even more buffing, I could do from Smite to Song along with Sapphire Smite in order to buff my allies even further or get a damage boost in a pinch. Improved melee capacity would come from Sphinx Claws bound to Hands Chakra for pounce. I like this build idea more, as it is deals less damage (which can be kind of a turn off to my group), but has more versatility through Soulmelds and Shape Soulmeld from bonus feats, plus, it's more buff-ish.

So, any ideas, or even other low-power but (kind of) optimized builds?