View Full Version : Highlander Campaign Advise

Gorr_the_Gastly
2014-04-05, 10:50 PM
Alrighty so I am a huge fan of the Highlander franchise. And i wanted to make a campaign using it. Have my players play immortals throughout their immortal lives.

Or have the Highlander Immortals play in a dnd world and see how it would work

But no clue how to do quickenings any ideas?

DMVerdandi
2014-04-06, 01:40 AM
Instant level ups.

Azoth
2014-04-06, 02:42 AM
The problem with that is that during quickenings you gained the memories and powers of the immortal that you slew. You may get them as only passing images or in bits/pieces, but you had them. The same was said for their power, you had to work at manifesting and mastering it, but it was yours.

This is hard to represent in game terms.

Though, I can see EVERYONE buying Vorpal swords to deal with your immortals. Only in game way to hack someone's head off that isn't fiat.

OrlockDelesian
2014-04-06, 06:17 AM
The problem with that is that during quickenings you gained the memories and powers of the immortal that you slew. You may get them as only passing images or in bits/pieces, but you had them. The same was said for their power, you had to work at manifesting and mastering it, but it was yours.

The birthright campaign settings has rules for bloodtheft which is simmilar to quickenings.

Bullet06320
2014-04-06, 06:51 AM
we tried to come up with sum rules a few years back, that project was never finished but from what I recall some of the ideas we had are as follows
stats would increase or decrease based on the modifier, so if the immortal that was killed had a +4 or +2 or +8 modifier to str, dex con, int, wis, or cha your corresponding stat would increase by 4,2,8 etc, repeat for each stat
skill bonus, ranks would give you an immortal bonus to your skill, that would be stackable with other immortal bonus's
feats, you got all feats you didn't already have

I think at this point we abandoned it, realizing how riduclas a character would become after 2 or 3 quikenings

Bonzai
2014-04-06, 07:59 AM
Check out the Illithid Savant class in savage species. Have everyone be a gestalt with the Illithid Savant, but only have the savant class level up from XP from beheading immortals and it's features only working on immortals the character beheaded.

That's how I would do it.