PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Which classes for a Zelda Pathfinder setting?

masterjoda99
2014-04-07, 03:37 AM
Yes, I know there's a Zelda d20 that someone made, but for whatever reason, whether it be the classes they made or the squares thing I heard about (something about different size creatures having different size squares which makes movement and positioning wonky), I just don't particularly like it.

At any rate, the thing is that there are just some classes in Pathfinder that just don't really fit within the setting of Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time version is my personal preference), like the Gunslinger. What classes should/should not be included in any Pathfinder game that would take place in Hyrule?

Perturbulent
2014-04-07, 05:51 AM
the gunslinger, all the psionic classes, the inquisitor, and maybe the magus don't feel quite right.

Theprettiestorc
2014-04-07, 06:23 AM
That being said, there's different mages in the Zelda world - a Magus isn't out of the question. Rangers are definitely in, as well. You'd have to go the extra mile to tailor holy classes to your campaign, as well as arcane, since even Ganondorf could only muster enough magic power all at once to do a Beast Transformation.

Some psionic versions of spellcasters, depending on what you use, could be better than actual arcana, since there really doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on in the Zelda Universe besides summoning crazy things.

Rangers, fighters, and monks are definitely in. Really, you could have it be a low-magic campaign. At that, I also recommend artificer being a class. Somebody's gotta make hookshots and all of that fancy jazz, :smalltongue:

grarrrg
2014-04-07, 09:46 AM
That being said, there's different mages in the Zelda world - a Magus isn't out of the question. Rangers are definitely in, as well. You'd have to go the extra mile to tailor holy classes to your campaign, as well as arcane, since even Ganondorf could only muster enough magic power all at once to do a Beast Transformation.

Rangers, fighters, and monks are definitely in. Really, you could have it be a low-magic campaign. At that, I also recommend artificer being a class. Somebody's gotta make hookshots and all of that fancy jazz, :smalltongue:

There is no Artificier in PF, so you'd either have to port one from 3.5, or use 3rd party or...

As for the low magic, I counter with Agahnim.
There are a _small_ handful of powerful mages out there.
And if you include enemies, there are quite a few low level ones as well (teleport > energy ball > teleport > energy ball).

Perturbulent
2014-04-07, 01:38 PM
It isn't that the world is low-magic it's that it is low level. I would limit the world to 10th level probably. I might even consider something along the lines of E6.