PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Dorshka [PEACH]

spikeof2010
2014-04-07, 07:56 PM
"Dornask not sure what you mean by 'buy' craft"
Dornask Alask, an Artificer Dorshka

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs17/PRE/f/2007/180/9/e/The_Blacksmith_by_shirotsuki.png
Credit to Shirotsuki! (http://shirotsuki.deviantart.com/)
Dorshkas are rather peculiar beings, similar to humans, yet also similar to orcs and dwarves.

Dorshkas are rather stout humanoids with an brown tinge in their skin, they range from 5 feet to 6 feet usually and they tend to build everything themselves. Think of it as DYI Dads, the race. Dorshkas have their own legends of the world, saying that their unnamed god molded them from the stones of the ground and gave life, birthing the first Dorshka.

Dorshkas normally live in secluded areas, woods usually, with settlements and buildings made of whatever is the most abundant material at the time.

They are rather finicky when using other non-Dorshka made crafts.
They lean towards any nongood alignment.

Dorshkas have the following traits:
- +2 INT, -2 WIS
- Humanoid
- Medium
- Dorshkas have a base speed of 20ft, regardless of load or armor.
- +4 Racial bonus to all craft checks
- +1 Racial Damage bonus on all self-made weapons
- +1 Skill Point per level
- +1 Racial Bonus to all Appraise Rolls
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Orc, Gnome, Goblin, Undercommon, Elven, Dwarven
- Favored Class: Artificer
- LA: +0

Kaegro
2014-04-07, 08:09 PM
While I see you wanted to make dwarf race with a pinch of something else, it feels like that something else does not exist all and we get orange dwarves. Try giving them something that doesnt feel dwarfy but not too much of it.

spikeof2010
2014-04-07, 08:15 PM
Any ideas for it? I'm trying to think of any.

Kaegro
2014-04-07, 08:23 PM
First off, I would change the ability scores. Give them +2 INT and -2 WIS or -2 CHA for example. Another thing that could be done is to look at the gnome and dwarf in the PHB. Try mixing around their traits but make changes to them to fit a dwarf.

Hanuman
2014-04-07, 09:13 PM
So, oompa-loompas.

spikeof2010
2014-04-08, 12:29 PM
So, oompa-loompas.

Oh my christ I snorted so much.
EDIT: Updated