PDA

View Full Version : Guessing Will Bozzok be at the North Pole?

Mastikator
2014-04-08, 03:18 AM
I was re-reading the OotS and it didn't occur to me at the time but when I read it now http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0942.html Bozzok panel 5 Bozzok is told that Haley is headed towards the North Pole.
So yeah, in addition to the Team Xykon vs the Oots stand off at the final gate will the leader of the thiefs guild also be there?

Seems there's always a second villain at these gates, huh.

RMS Oceanic
2014-04-08, 04:35 AM
Seems pretty out of the way for a guy whose base of power seems to be localized to a city. Unless Greysky is much farther north than we think.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-04-08, 05:45 AM
I think that it is possible that Bozzok will be involved somehow. He seems to have quite an interest in Haley, especially after what she did to Crystal. However, the North Pole would be out of his range, which seems to be limited to the city.

BroomGuys
2014-04-08, 12:28 PM
Add Bozzok to the list of secondary villains whom I fantasize getting blasted in one round by Xykon when they try to get involved with the gates.

Rogar Demonblud
2014-04-08, 03:29 PM
I suspect Bozzok will get involved in this book, probably during the repair break coming after that lightning strike.

He thought dealing with Belkar was bad? Get ready to face the whole Order.

King of Nowhere
2014-04-08, 04:34 PM
I don't think the gate is nowhere near the north pole, just north. I assume geoff misunderstood haley's direction

hagnat
2014-04-08, 04:56 PM
i am still wondering if the sending message was actually sent, since Ian interrupted Geoff mid-casting, and the spell has a casting time of 10 minutes

Ionathus
2014-04-08, 05:17 PM
I'm going to throw my hat into the "Bozzok will show up" ring, if only because he has been reintroduced. He hasn't been present at all in this entire arc since they left Greysky, and now he suddenly shows up at the end of the book? I feel like if he had completely fulfilled his purpose and wouldn't be returning to the story, we wouldn't have learned of Geoff's deception. Rich could just as easily have convinced us that these two thieves simply couldn't get away from Tarquin for three years. But he didn't. He involved Bozzok. Which tells me two things: 1. He wanted to add complexity to their imprisonment and Geoff/Ian's relationship, and 2. He - possibly - wanted to remind us of Bozzok's presence, and of his interest in Haley's movements.
I agree that he could, possibly, show up in the desert as a subplot of Ian's attempts at resistance. But I think it's more likely that, if he does show up, he'll join in the fight for Kraagor's Gate. How potent his actions will be remains to be seen. And who knows whose side he'll be on, and for what reasons. But I think he'll at least play some part.

Codex
2014-04-08, 08:07 PM
I hope Bozzok returns. Then the panel were Geoff calls him would be a complete Big Lipped Alligator moment.

Zmeoaice
2014-04-08, 08:48 PM
I hope Bozzok returns. Then the panel were Geoff calls him would be a complete Big Lipped Alligator moment.

Not really, it showed us who was keeping Ian in the Western Continent, and Bozzok stated before he arranged it, so it tied up loose ends.

I'm not sure if Bozzok will be in this arc, he seems to be comfortable in Greysky, although he might send a team to find the Order and do his bidding.

Ionathus
2014-04-08, 11:40 PM
although he might send a team to find the Order and do his bidding.

Speaking of, any bets on whether or not Crystal would be part of that group?

If such a scenario plays out, I'm definitely banking on "of course."

b_jonas
2014-04-09, 01:03 AM
i am still wondering if the sending message was actually sent, since Ian interrupted Geoff mid-casting, and the spell has a casting time of 10 minutes

Isn't casting from a wand much faster, because whoever has crafted the wand had paid the casting time already?

Mastikator
2014-04-09, 07:51 AM

They're in direct communication, time doesn't seem to be a component, it's not explicitly known that it's the Sending spell, it might just be a magic item that allows telepathic communication with Bozzok.

Ron Miel
2014-04-09, 10:26 AM

If such a scenario plays out, I'm definitely banking on "of course."

Nope, I think Crystal is dead forever.

However, I've always predicted that the bard girl will go after her beloved Belkie, then go all Fatal Attraction when he rejects her.

They're in direct communication, time doesn't seem to be a component, it's not explicitly known that it's the Sending spell, it might just be a magic item that allows telepathic communication with Bozzok.

The fact that the messages are 25 words long is a big hint.

hagnat
2014-04-09, 11:17 AM
Isn't casting from a wand much faster, because whoever has crafted the wand had paid the casting time already?

from http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Wands

(If the spell being cast, however, has a longer casting time than 1 action, it takes that long to cast the spell from a wand.)

of course, this isn't Dungeons & Dragons... it's Sticks & Liches (and some other foes)
thus the giant is free to bend such minor rules for the sake of storytelling

Rogar Demonblud
2014-04-09, 12:43 PM
Honestly, I think that may be the single most ignored rule in the magic items section.

zimmerwald1915
2014-04-09, 02:46 PM
Nope, I think Crystal is dead forever.

However, I've always predicted that the bard girl will go after her beloved Belkie, then go all Fatal Attraction when he rejects her.
Just because Belkar can't be bothered to remember Jenny's name doesn't mean we the audience shouldn't at least try.

of course, this isn't Dungeons & Dragons... it's Sticks & Liches (and some other foes)
thus the giant is free to bend such minor rules for the sake of storytelling
Why should a shorter casting time make for a better story? Resurrection having a long casting time turned out to be plot-important once.

Zmeoaice
2014-04-09, 04:41 PM

Possibly. She's stupid, but she's fairly effective.

Just because Belkar can't be bothered to remember Jenny's name doesn't mean we the audience shouldn't at least try.

She's a f-list character who had no other purpose in the story other than to hang out in the background and fudge Belkar, I don't need to put any effort into remembering her name.

Vinyadan
2014-04-09, 04:45 PM
I think you asked because of when he got fridged by an arrow. And now he can only survive in cold environment or melt away.

Unless he shaves constantly. Don't ask me how it works.

Gift Jeraff
2014-04-09, 06:22 PM
I don't think Bozzok or anyone from the Thieves' Guild will be at the North Pole, but he might have allies there willing to help...