PDA

View Full Version : Tin'tasker vs Pennywise (The Crowd Calls for Blood)

OMG PONIES
2014-04-08, 08:23 AM
The crowd is in an uproar as the two contestants are brought into the arena and unshackled in their opposing corners. The gigantic gates behind each of them would usually close with a deafening din of metal and stone, but any sound the gates would make is drowned out by those seeking entertainment. Both of them knew to expect this, but actually experiencing it was something else entirely. As the two fighters prepare to defend their lives, Pennywise is first off the blocks!

In the northwest corner of the arena a very round, obviously fat humanoid stands perched with a potion in each hand. A glowing symbol floats over his head. He is tall and butch with an overall pudgy and jolly look to him. He wears a dull brown robe and and has a wand tucked into his belt.

http://i62.tinypic.com/200tif8.jpg

Initiative Rolls (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17270286&postcount=1287)

theterran, you're up! Please include a character description with your first round's actions.

theterran
2014-04-08, 08:45 AM
In the southwest corner a small gnome in studded leather sizes up his opponent. He seems to be holding many copper coins in his hand.

Pennywise - Round 1

Pennywise gracefully moves 30ft to D17.

Pennywise will also invoke See the Unseen, giving him See Invisibility for 24 hours, though since it's an invocation, it's mental only and no outward show (unless I misread the Spell-Like Ability thing.

End Turn.

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-08, 11:59 AM
"Mwahahaha... A Short One. Your name is known to me. You will know mine soon enough."

"Ssdrath'aculdorthinemis"
Truespeak DC 34 to open
I use Extended Universal Aptitude on myself.
[roll0]

END OF TURN

theterran
2014-04-08, 12:12 PM
"Gazoontight!" yells the gnome in response.

Standard Action: Invoke Darkness on a copper in hand.
Free Action: Drop copper

A Darkness spreads from D17 in a 20ft radius as you see something drop to the ground.

The gnome then hides from view.

Swift Action: Hide
[roll0]
Move Action: Move at half speed to D14.
[roll1]

End Turn.

(OOC: Not sure if we need a GM at this point, or if you want to make spot checks, or what have you...)

Tracking Darkness Coppers
D17 - 1/300 (Rounds)

OMG PONIES
2014-04-08, 12:22 PM
Pause, please.

Do you have Hide in Plain Sight or a similar ability? Mundane hiding requires two things:
Cover or concealment (which you have thanks to darkness)
Not being observed (which you don't have, since 20% concealment doesn't break line of sight).

Here is the relevant SRD citation:

You need cover or concealment in order to attempt a Hide check. Total cover or total concealment usually (but not always; see Special, below) obviates the need for a Hide check, since nothing can see you anyway.

If people are observing you, even casually, you can’t hide. You can run around a corner or behind cover so that you’re out of sight and then hide, but the others then know at least where you went.

If your observers are momentarily distracted (such as by a Bluff check; see below), though, you can attempt to hide. While the others turn their attention from you, you can attempt a Hide check if you can get to a hiding place of some kind. (As a general guideline, the hiding place has to be within 1 foot per rank you have in Hide.) This check, however, is made at a -10 penalty because you have to move fast.

Am I missing something?

theterran
2014-04-08, 12:27 PM
The feat Blend into Shadows allows me to make a hide check as a swift action as long as I"m within 10ft of magical darkness, even if I'm being observed, by expending a use of my Darkness Spell-Like Ability, which I have an infinite supply of.
Blend Into Shadows (http://dndtools.eu/feats/drow-of-the-underdark--93/blend-shadows--3324/)

OMG PONIES
2014-04-08, 01:20 PM
Aha, I knew I was forgetting something from your sheet! Apologies; I'm at work where MW is blocked. Carry on.

Unpause.

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-08, 01:58 PM
"Hmmm... If that's the way we are going to play this."

standard: Drink Potion
Potion of Invisibility
Tin'Tasker Disappears from view.

Move to T5

Free: "Come and get me, small one."

Did Pennywise have any visible weapons earlier? Besides coins of course.

END OF TURN

OMG PONIES
2014-04-09, 10:00 AM
Drinking a potion is a standard action. Please amend your recent post.

OMG PONIES
2014-04-10, 09:03 AM
Tin'tasker disappears from view as he searches for his opponent, the gnome who hid somewhere within the shadows. The only thing that can be easily seen is the coin sitting in the center of the darkness.

http://i58.tinypic.com/a4r32b.jpg

Pennywise, you're up!

Your opponent is in T5, which you can tell thanks to See the Unseen.
In Round 1, you also treated drinking a potion as a move action. Thus, you could not have used Fox's Cunning and Universal Aptitude in the same round. Would you care for a minor retcon?

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-10, 09:08 AM
Adjusted first round actions.

theterran
2014-04-10, 09:17 AM
Thank you for mapping the darkness :smallsmile:

"Ah, so you can disappear as well! No worries, I can wait you out!"

Quietly move to H14 (within 10ft of the darkness, so I can still hide (yay!))

Not sure if I need to reroll hide and Move Silently...if not, keep the ones from the previous actions...if I do...see below.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End of Turn

D17 - 2/300 (Rounds)

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-10, 09:29 AM
"No need to wait small one."

Move to N5

Hold my action to use a reversed mortalbane Energy Negation if he comes within 60 feet and visible

theterran
2014-04-10, 09:37 AM
"Indeed...what tricks might you have up your sleeve my friend?"

Standard: Invoke Darkness on another coin.
Free: Drop the coin

More Darkness comes into being, centered on H14, expanding to a 20ft Radius. You see another coin fall to the ground.

Sneakily move to I11. Again, keep preceeding rolls if allowed, otherwise I'll roll some more in the spoiler below.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End of Turn

D17 - 3/300 (Rounds)
H14 - 1/300 (Rounds)

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-10, 09:53 AM
"Come out, come out wherever you are. This crowd wants to see you unnamed."

I continue to hold my action.

END OF TURN

theterran
2014-04-10, 10:03 AM
"Yes, keep talking, I'll find you that way!"

Move: Quietly move to I8, which by my calculations should be within 10ft of the darkness (which is what I"m intending)

[roll0]
[roll1]

End of Turn

D17 - 4/300 (Rounds)
H14 - 2/300 (Rounds)

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-10, 10:09 AM
I continue to hold my action, can I make a listen check to determine approximately where he is speaking from?
1d20-1

EDIT: Apparently typos will kill a roll function. I should double check before posting.
If I can make the Listen check, can you roll it for me, so I don't double-post. I have a -1 mod.

theterran
2014-04-15, 07:21 AM
So since I see no "End Turn", I'm assuming that it's still his turn and no action is presently needed from me...please let me know otherwise if this is a false assumption

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-15, 09:48 AM
It's all good, I was waiting for OMG Ponies, but we can just continue.

END OF TURN

theterran
2014-04-15, 01:03 PM
Standard: Invoke Darkness on another coin.
Free: Drop coin

You see more darkness spring to life in I8 as a coin falls to the ground there.

Move Action:Silently Move to J5.

Again, keep preceeding rolls if allowed, otherwise I'll roll some more in the spoiler below.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn

HP:54/54
AC:19 Touch: 16 Flat 14
DR 1/Cold Iron

D17 - 5/300 (Rounds)
H14 - 3/300 (Rounds)
I8 - 1/300 (Rounds)

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-15, 03:17 PM
"This crowd doesn't want to fail to see you fall. Exit the darkness and fight me."

I continue to hold my action.

END OF TURN

theterran
2014-04-15, 03:28 PM
We'll try a sniper maneuver, better to attack and not be seen after all :smallcool:

Eldritch Blast
[roll0] vs a Flat Footed Touch AC
[roll1] + [roll2]

Hide (-20 added in as part of sniper outlines here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm))
[roll3]

We'll probably need a DM before we continue.

If he does detect me, I still have a swift action left and a 5ft step. So plz bear that in mind :smallsmile:
(edit) And there's a crit on the attack and the 3d6 damage dice, which will need to be confirmed (whether you do it or I doesn't matter to me)

OMG PONIES
2014-04-16, 07:55 AM
While Tin'tasker and his opponent remain unseen, it appears that Pennywise has some way of telling where his opponent is. From deep within the darkness, a bolt of arcane energy surges forth and catches the illumian in the collarbone. The sound of bone cracking is heard as a whalloping critical hit is scored against Tin'tasker's invisible form. Though the crowd can't see what's going on, they revel in the sound of gore and burst into applause! Tin'tasker is so blinded by the pain that he doesn't even see where the attack came from; all he knows is that he was attacked from within the darkness.

http://i60.tinypic.com/24nm9h3.jpg

theterran, you may complete your action. Pennywise now has a +1 morale bonus to attacks and damage for confirming a critical hit!

[roll0] includes Universal Aptitude
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] includes Universal Aptitude vs DC 27
[roll4] acid, cold electricity or fire?
[roll5]

theterran
2014-04-16, 08:00 AM
5ft step quietly to I5 will end my turn.
[roll0]

End of Turn

(edit)

OOC: Bring on the incoming fluff!

DR 1/Cold Iron
+1 Morale on attacks / damage

D17 - 6/300 (Rounds)
H14 - 4/300 (Rounds)
I8 - 2/300 (Rounds)

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-16, 10:31 AM
"Well, short one's got a sting like a giant wasp."

Move: Attempt an active spot check for the gnome
[roll0]
"Glammdarin'skantic"
Extended Reversed Mortalbane Energy Negation (Sonic)
[roll1]
Move Action:Remove wand from my belt
END OF TURN

theterran
2014-04-17, 09:43 PM
Do you want us to handle the Spot Rolls and stuff ourselves, or do you guys want to handle them?

OMG PONIES
2014-04-17, 10:24 PM
Feel free to roll your own.

theterran
2014-04-17, 11:10 PM
I meant more along the lines of his spot rolls vs my hide rolls :smallsmile:

OMG PONIES
2014-04-22, 06:40 AM
The invisible Tin'tasker squints and attempts to make out the shape of Pennywise within the darkness, but the smaller combatant remains hidden from view. As such, the larger of the two simply removes a wand from his belt and awaits further action from his foe.

http://i60.tinypic.com/24nm9h3.jpg

theterran, you're up!

Me too :smallbiggrin:. He rolled his Spot in-thread, so you could do likewise with your Hide. Granted, you auto-beat a 19 so there was no need to roll this time around.

theterran
2014-04-22, 06:57 AM
Since he used up a move to spot and a move to draw a wand, free shooting w/o worry of a readied action (yay!)

More Attacking Goodness (+1 Morale for crit included)
Touch [roll0] vs FF Touch AC
EB [roll1] + Sneak [roll2]

Crit [roll3]
[roll4]

Not sniping so I'll appear.

Then use a swift action to immediately hide again.
[roll5]

Then quietly move to K6.

Move [roll6]

End my Turn
Will need DM for fluff stuff though :smallbiggrin:

(edit)
I should quit now...I just rolled 3 20s in this one post...:smalleek:

DR 1/Cold Iron
+1 Morale on attacks / damage

D17 - 7/300 (Rounds)
H14 - 5/300 (Rounds)
I8 - 3/300 (Rounds)
See Invisiblity (24 Hours)

OMG PONIES
2014-04-25, 06:06 AM
For a brief, flickering moment Pennywise appears within the nearby cloud of darkness. However, it's only long enough for him to share a brief, flickering smirk with Tin'tasker. The next thing the larger humanoid knows, another blast of arcane energy is roaring through the air, and this one catches him straight between the eyes. His eyes cross as they each attempt to look at the wound, and he falls to a heap on the ground. Some in the crowd begin to cheer, but another calls out "Hold it gents...he's still breathing!"

http://i62.tinypic.com/2r3fbyu.jpg

Tin'tasker is now unconscious. theterran, you're up unless KoboldsAreLittl has anything that kicks in upon unconsciousness. Pennywise gets another +1 morale bonus to attacks and damage for the duration of the encounter.

theterran
2014-04-25, 07:01 AM
Actions:

Walk up to Tin'tasker, place a hand on his chest, and invoke an Eldritch Blast through his body.
Coup De Grace [roll0](+2 morale) + [roll1] (if applicable)

Move to L5
[roll2] +2(morale) vs FF Touch
[roll3] +2 (morale) +[roll4]

If he has actions, ignore everything above and I'll wait on his actions :smallbiggrin:

KoboldsAreLittl
2014-04-25, 09:38 PM
I think I am dead.

OMG PONIES
2014-04-26, 06:20 AM
With a final Eldritch Blast to the unconscious heap that is Tin'tasker, Pennywise sends his opponent on a one-way trip from the Land of the Living to the Hereafter.

Pennywise wins!