PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PFS Archivist / Inquisitor

Chelios
2014-04-08, 10:54 AM
I'm here thinking for a PC for PFS game i'm going to play in the store of my city.
Osirion is my Faction, i study archeology at university, so osirion is perfect. Now i really don't like the bard's archetyp archeologist, because i spend most of my time in the library searching for book and documents, so the archivist is perfect.
Now i also like the inquisitor class and i want combining the 2 classes, is it a good combination?

DiskElemental
2014-04-08, 10:16 PM
In short no, it's not.

From a purely mechanical perspective, it's bad.

An Archivist requires Charisma (since it's a bard), Dexterity (since bards only get light armor), and Intelligence (to make the most of it's knowledge skills).

Inquisitor requires Wisdom, doesn't give you any more useful skills, and requires a few levels before they start to take off. The only things you'd be gaining are Wisdom to knowledge checks, Wisdom to Initiative, and judgement. Judgement falls off hard if you don't take more levels in Inquisitor, and the other two are tempting, but will be more trouble than they're worth.

If you combine the two classes, then you've got a build which needs every stat (other than strength) in order to be effective. Since Bard and Inquisitors get d8 HD, you need a minimum of 10 con, and I would suggest having at least 12. Dexterity is going to be important, since it'll determine your AC for the entire game. Intelligence is important, because without it, your performances do nothing. Wisdom is important because you'll need it to justify taking the levels of Inquisitor. And you'll need Charisma, since you get all social skills as class skills, your spells casting, and your performance are tied to it.

You'll be spreading your points way too thin if you go that route.