PDA

View Full Version : how much time have you spent watching TV shows?

dehro
2014-04-08, 11:22 AM
this here link (http://tiii.me/) calculates just how many days, hours and minutes you have spent watching your favourite TV shows.

all you need to do is list those you've watched (you can also limit your list to a nr of seasons of one show or the other)... whether it's sitcoms, late night shows, or anything else.
(and yes, apparently web originated shows such as The Guild are also included).
the total days and hours I spent watching these shows is...
shamefull :smalleek:

how are you doing?

Aotrs Commander
2014-04-08, 12:05 PM
I got up 116 days 19 hours 42 128 days, 3 hours 22 minutes (I forget Naruto, damn that's a lot of hours! Nearly 10% of the rest of the stuff!) before I ran out of the more obvious ones (that I could think of that I'd watched whole seasons of).

I was quite impressed with the breadth of shows - it even had some fairly obscure stuff like Trapdoor, Supergran and Avenger Penguins.

Notable exception though - couldn't get it to find the 1990s X-Men series. Odd.

dehro
2014-04-08, 12:25 PM
I think it has problems with the - sign.. couldn't find the A-team either.

I got up to 160 days.. but I had to google a few lists to remember some of the shows from when I was a kid.
... and I forgot AtlA and TLoK...

Socratov
2014-04-08, 12:56 PM
Once I got up to over 62 days I just gave up. Nowhere near done with western television, only scratched western animation and hadn't even considered anime...

Edit: I lied... come up to 172 days... gunning for the full year...

Edit 2: Over 187 days and 20 hours worth of media and I'm sure I've forgotten about half of what I watched in my youth, but I can't recall it anymore. consider i have watched this and movies and read books, and all before my 25th year of life I'd say I wonder where I actually find the time left to drink beer, meet with friends, study and sleep?

BWR
2014-04-08, 02:56 PM
I already know the answer: too much time.

I dare not even try to calculate. And the scary thing is, I know lots of people who watch far more than I do.

DigoDragon
2014-04-08, 03:30 PM
248 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes... :smalleek:

Wow.

A blame most of that on my childhood as I used to watch pretty much every cartoon that aired in the States (In fact, the site failed to find a few of the lesser known ones) as well as several game shows and well known sci-fis that have long runs (Doctor Who, Star Trek, etc). Yeah I think I'll stop here. Probably missed a few, but I think I got the point. I was a TV junkie as a kid. :smallbiggrin:

Aotrs Commander
2014-04-08, 03:37 PM

Wow.

A blame most of that on my childhood as I used to watch pretty much every cartoon that aired in the States (In fact, the site failed to find a few of the lesser known ones) as well as several game shows and well known sci-fis that have long runs (Doctor Who, Star Trek, etc). Yeah I think I'll stop here. Probably missed a few, but I think I got the point. I was a TV junkie as a kid. :smallbiggrin:

Just remember that those figures are going to be pretty grosse under-estimates, since they only count the amount of full shows you've watched and, not for example, the news or those long nights/days channel hopping when sick or something.

And also, using the rough estimates quoted over a lifetime and factoring back for age, you will still likely have spent a full year on the loo...

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-04-08, 03:53 PM
Hmm, interesting! Now I'm gonna have to remember what all I've watched. I get the feeling that going heavy on the anime helps me out, time-wise. I'm probably not gonna break 40 days.

So far, I'm at 20 Days, 19 Hours, 25 Minutes, and I think I remember most of the shows I've watched. Yeah, not a big TV watcher.

erikun
2014-04-08, 04:31 PM
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Sherlock

Yeah, I think that's about it. That totals to 2 days, 3 hours, and 25 minutes, although I haven't seen all of Sherlock yet. (Or even the most recent episodes of Friendship is Magic, for that matter.)

dehro
2014-04-08, 04:37 PM

Wow.

Odd... I found dr who and the various star trek without a problem.

Kato
2014-04-08, 04:42 PM
I'm at 207+ days and I gave a bit off with shows where I've seen only a season or so... but I'm pretty sure I've missed a huge chunk of stuff I just can't remember right now... I was expecting to easily top the year, though, which seems quite a bit away at this point. Then again, obviously, this doesn't count any rewatches.. God, I'm wasting my life. I need to go and think about it. (Hm, what to watch while doing so...)

DigoDragon
2014-04-08, 06:19 PM
Odd... I found dr who and the various star trek without a problem.

I found Doctor Who and Trek alright, but things I couldn't find were the really old and obscure cartoons such as Robotix.

Toastkart
2014-04-08, 06:58 PM
Up to 109 days, but that's not counting shows I saw a lot of but never watched full seasons of.

Just remember that those figures are going to be pretty grosse under-estimates, since they only count the amount of full shows you've watched and, not for example, the news or those long nights/days channel hopping when sick or something.

And also, using the rough estimates quoted over a lifetime and factoring back for age, you will still likely have spent a full year on the loo...

It's also not counting repeated viewings. I grew up watching Frasier, Mash, and Star Trek: TNG, and I've probably seen the bulk of episodes for them and some other shows 5-6 times.

Socratov
2014-04-09, 07:14 AM
Up to 109 days, but that's not counting shows I saw a lot of but never watched full seasons of.

It's also not counting repeated viewings. I grew up watching Frasier, Mash, and Star Trek: TNG, and I've probably seen the bulk of episodes for them and some other shows 5-6 times.

Indeed, that applies to 'Allo! 'Allo! and Baantjer for me. Odin knows how many times i have seen reruns of those.

Aotrs Commander
2014-04-10, 10:34 AM
I found Doctor Who and Trek alright, but things I couldn't find were the really old and obscure cartoons such as Robotix.

I suspect a factor is DVD releases, since some of the REALLY obscure ones on my list (hands up anyone here who's heard of Supergran aside from me) are ones that have been released on DVD - notably, X-Men, which I couldn't, hasn't had a particularly wide or even well-known DVD release.

(I happen to have lucked out enormously one day which on Holiday in Wales and found 90% of it all as throw-away prices (old stock maybe). I think it was a super-market-specific release or something, as it's not one that I ever saw on Amazon (and I looked regularly). In the end, I paid as muhc for tracking down the remaining volumes of the series from that release as I did for the whole rest of the bunch.)

Palanan
2014-04-12, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by BWR
I already know the answer: too much time.

I dare not even try to calculate. And the scary thing is, I know lots of people who watch far more than I do.

Yes. My first thought seeing the thread title was "way too frackin' much."

It frightens me how much TV I watched as a kid. I consciously try to cut it down now--helped by the fact there's so very, very little of quality on these days. But even so, somehow I watched three hours on Wednesday night--the news, Bionic Pets, and then a brainless SF show on CW.

So, calculating this for my entire life? No. Just no.

In fact, I'm inspired to go read one of my library books for a while. Feeling a screenless moment coming on.

:smalltongue: