PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Is there a way to alter the planar traits of an existing plane?

RPGaddict28
2014-04-08, 03:20 PM
I want to alter the time trait of the Elemental Plane of Earth, making it so time flows slower there than it does on the Prime, but I'm not sure if a way exists? Anyone know how?

Phelix-Mu
2014-04-08, 03:29 PM
DMs that allow players to alter time traits are really asking for it, in my mind, but the only ways that I can think of to do this involve manipulation of the local area via the planar bubble spell (Spell Compendium). Likewise, Planar Shepherd, the broke of druid PrCs, has a class feature of the same name that should do the same.

Altering the base features of a plane, however, is pretty much god/plot-level stuff, though. Especially time. My world has special gods that exist specifically to safeguard the integrity of the time stream, and if tinkering were easy pre-epic, that would be extremely destabilizing.

If you DM is up for it, though, try a combination of planar bubble and permanent colossal animated object that has been awakened with awaken construct, which, via greater humanoid essence, should be psychic reformable (if necessary). Select Permanent Emanation as one of their epic feats, and have the emanation made permanent be planar bubble, keyed in turn to a plane with the desired time trait. Once you have one animated object like this, reduce it in size and then ice assassin it as often as desired.

Your DM should be okay with all of that if s/he is honestly entertaining letting you manipulate time on a large scale.

atemu1234
2014-04-08, 03:33 PM
Not really. I mean, epic-level magics can do that, but they can do anything, so they don't count. Talk to your DM, maybe he'll do a homebrewed version of the plane for you. Otherwise, read the first two words of this response.