PDA

View Full Version : Fighting humongous opponents?

Xhosant
2014-04-08, 07:54 PM
Someone brought to my attention recently the fact that fighting a large opponent is basically hacking at their feet.

But that's not awesome. If an enemy is Shadow-of-the-Colosus-sized, it deserves an as-swesome fight, possibly similar in mechanics (optionally at least).

Anyone know any good houserules for fighting stuff that's basically landscape?

AlanBruce
2014-04-08, 08:14 PM
First off, if the party is fighting a collosus sized opponent, flight would be necessary, in order to reach his face/torso.

Ranged attacks work as well.

A simple grease, to bring the titan down and have the party hack at it from all sides (assuming the collosus cannot fly).

Run the encounter by parts. Say one PC lands or is teleported to his right arm, where the collosus has a certain measure of defense or can spawn enemies (like Cronos from the GoW series).

So while that Pc deal with one arm, another PC goes for the other arm, while the remaining PCs target the face, chest, abdomen, etc. each area an opponent in and of itself.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-04-08, 08:15 PM
In Mutants and Masterminds (a d20 superhero game) when I wanted to throw a really big robot at my players, I statted up each limb as a separate creature. Destroying the head or torso would majorly debuff the other limbs. The limbs were all "linked," and on each leg's turn the creature would either take a "step" (and thus the whole pile would move), or else it would try to step on someone. It wound up being a pretty good fight.