PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Synergy for a PrC

Pinkcrusade
2014-04-08, 08:56 PM
Hello, Playground.

I was wondering which classes would mesh well with the Jaunter PrC. I was thinking a Fighter-based Archer, though I was also contemplating a Swordsage.

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

dextercorvia
2014-04-08, 09:16 PM
Some combination of Rogue/Fighter/Swordsage then Jaunter and Telflammar Shadowlord (Unapproachable East), focusing on Shadow Pounce

Person_Man
2014-04-09, 07:42 AM
The Jaunter has terrible pre-reqs (Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, 4 ranks of Knowledge Plane, and must have visited two or more planes other than his home plane, which is difficult to do at mid levels unless the DM specifically wants to let you play this class). And your reward is that you can use six teleportation related Wizard spells a limited number of times.

If you're wedded to it, then +1 on Telflammar Shadowlord, which has similar feat pre-reqs. As your base class, I would use Totemist. It can easily get a ton of natural attacks, and can use Dimension Door at will as a Move Action, which gives you another option for Shadow Pounce.

dextercorvia
2014-04-09, 08:25 AM
Shame on me for not mentioning Totemist in the same post as Telflammar Shadowlord, however, doesn't that kind of make the jaunter part almost completely unnecessary? I suppose having a few longer range teleports is worth it.