PDA

View Full Version : Which Oots character do you dislike the most?

Pellias
2007-02-05, 09:07 PM
And the most hated is...

Steward
2007-02-05, 09:14 PM
I can't stand Yokyok. The rest of the Linear Guild has funny jokes but all he got were some Princess Bride references that were only funny circa 1973. But of the list you gave, I'd have to select Nale, because even though he and Thog were hilarious, he still had the misfortune of having Yokyok on his team.

ImperiousLeader
2007-02-05, 09:16 PM
I don't dislike any of those characters, they're all hilarious.

Weezer
2007-02-05, 09:16 PM
Miko, at least the other characters were funny and had reasons for doing what they did. Miko just was a generic paladin who was enamored with her own goodness.

Lord Zentei
2007-02-05, 09:17 PM
And the most hated is...

Define "hated".

EDIT: Eh, whatever. I voted Nale since he is least likely to make fresh and interesting contributions to the story at this stage.

Krellen
2007-02-05, 09:17 PM
Nale.

He just isn't funny, and, unlike Miko (the other unfunny one,) he isn't interesting, either.

heretic
2007-02-05, 09:19 PM
Ha! Everybody loves Belkar!

What?! You no love Thog? Thog smash!

Ahem...Miko gets my vote.

Silkenfist
2007-02-05, 09:22 PM
Nale.

He just isn't funny, and, unlike Miko (the other unfunny one,) he isn't interesting, either.

Doing the James Bond villain thing in front of the mirror to prevent himself from snapping into it later is not funny?

Actually, the characters in the poll are some of my favorite ones. Out of them Belkar is the one disliked most (although I joined the Miko fans just lately). I would have liked Sabine and Hinjo included.

Grasilich
2007-02-05, 09:23 PM
Nale rocks the world and everyone in it.

Miko sucks though. I voted Miko.

Ariko
2007-02-05, 09:24 PM
Grr, who voted for Belkar as hated! Im hungry :belkar:

theKOT
2007-02-05, 09:26 PM
With all the Roy haterade being passed around nowadays, I am surprised he isn't on the list. That stuff is delicious!

Demented
2007-02-05, 09:29 PM
It's actually very little hatred for Roy, which hasn't changed in 300 strips. (That is, there aren't very many who now dislike Roy that didn't dislike him before.) Maybe a handful of people, not over a half-dozen that I've seen. =P

Talyn
2007-02-05, 09:59 PM
Grr, who voted for Belkar as hated! Im hungry :belkar:

I did. :smallcool: I despise that little sociopath. Oh, and he's only funny when he's interacting with other people (and when he's getting beat up by :vaarsuvius:).

Draz74
2007-02-05, 10:18 PM
Now THAT'S amusing. Currently, the distant last-place in this poll is the evilest, most "hate-worthy" character -- one of two options who is truly and completely a villain.

:xykon: Gotta love 'im. :smallamused:

Krellen
2007-02-05, 10:29 PM
Doing the James Bond villain thing in front of the mirror to prevent himself from snapping into it later is not funny?
Not particularly, no. James Bond villains aren't very entertaining, so someone having to overcome a penchant for such doesn't entertain me either.

Planewalker
2007-02-05, 10:43 PM
Everyone loves to hate Miko. And how can you not like Thog?

Haruki-kun
2007-02-05, 10:45 PM
I voted for Belkar becaue I like the others better, not because I dislike him. He rockz. This is, of course, ignoring Miko's......recent events.

Oh, and.................HOW CAN ANYONE AT ALL NOT LIKE THOG?????????????????????????

DrowWolfrider
2007-02-05, 10:54 PM
Wait, Belkars a villain? He is a PROTAGONIST, there-for he is automaticlly not a villein. Oh sure, he does some terrible things but he is still a PROTAGONIST A.K.A. a hero.

Demented
2007-02-05, 11:01 PM
He's a... villainous protagonist?

Flabbicus
2007-02-05, 11:03 PM
He can be a protagonist and still be a villain. A villain is merely a person guilty of a crime or wickedness, of which he has an immeasurable amount to his name.

team56th
2007-02-05, 11:08 PM
Belkar and Xykon is one of the best villain I have ever seen, while Miko sucks a lot.

Setra
2007-02-05, 11:56 PM
I dislike Thog

Elfwitch
2007-02-06, 12:02 AM
I dislike Belkar because he reminds of all the bad role players who think it is cool to play socipathic PCs.

These CN pCs cause more party disharmony than any evil PC I have ever seen.

Setra
2007-02-06, 12:03 AM
I dislike Belkar because he reminds of all the bad role players who think it is cool to play socipathic PCs.

These CN pCs cause more party disharmony than any evil PC I have ever seen.

Belkar isn't CN, he's evil.

Alysar
2007-02-06, 12:07 AM
I refuse to vote. From what I've seen, Rich is incapable of making an unlikable character. The closest he gets is a character that you love to hate.

Shattersnap
2007-02-06, 12:10 AM
I really just can't stand Miko. I don't know why, everything she does just bothers me. Maybe its just how she manages to be so consistantly wrong and thick headed about so many things?

Golt
2007-02-06, 12:12 AM
Well, they are all too funny not to like them, except for Miko to whom I feel compassion. The least hilarious of them would be Nale I think.

Elfwitch
2007-02-06, 12:17 AM
Belkar isn't CN, he's evil.

I agree that he is evil but so many people argue that he CN. I have seen this argument at the game table. Players who character are doing evil things claiming that no they are not evil they are CN.

So I well repharse it I dislike Belkar because he reminds me of the players who claim they are being CN when they are actually quite evil.

Rikandur Azebol
2007-02-06, 12:17 AM
Suprisingly, I dislike Miko the most. Nale is just plain uninteresting. Thog is funny, Belkster is going to die anyway and Xyxon is HILAROUS.
I don't know why but Paladins who play like Miko turn my stomach upside down.

Wiione
2007-02-06, 12:39 AM
I agree that he is evil but so many people argue that he CN. I have seen this argument at the game table. Players who character are doing evil things claiming that no they are not evil they are CN.

So I well repharse it I dislike Belkar because he reminds me of the players who claim they are being CN when they are actually quite evil.

The Giant says he's evil.

Jazzvader
2007-02-06, 12:54 AM
Belkar doesn't count as a villain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krytha
2007-02-06, 12:55 AM
Nale is such a pompous ass and Belkar comes right after. Maybe Miko will close out the ranks very soon.

Setra
2007-02-06, 12:56 AM
Belkar doesn't count as a villain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

villain
–noun
1. a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime; scoundrel.

Fits Belkar to a T, or rather, a B.

Artega
2007-02-06, 01:15 AM
How can you hate Thog? He's such a cuddly Half-Orc. I voted for Miko because I really don't like people who feel superior to others. In that case, you could also go for Nale, but Nale is an egomaniac and seems to know it. Miko thinks she's been given a bigger purpose from the Gods, as if she were the gift to all mankind. (Which, by judging from the previous strips, she misses completely.)

Setra
2007-02-06, 01:21 AM
How can you hate Thog? He's such a cuddly Half-Orc.
You know, the teletubbies are supposed to be quite cuddly, as well as Barney.

I don't hate him, I just like him the least. I have found only two of his lines funny.

Elfwitch
2007-02-06, 01:22 AM
How can you hate Thog? He's such a cuddly Half-Orc. I voted for Miko because I really don't like people who feel superior to others. In that case, you could also go for Nale, but Nale is an egomaniac and seems to know it. Miko thinks she's been given a bigger purpose from the Gods, as if she were the gift to all mankind. (Which, by judging from the previous strips, she misses completely.)

While I do think Miko is arrogant I do have to say that she does have a bigger purpose. That is what a paladin is. They are chosen by the gods to fulfill a higher purpose.

kpenguin
2007-02-06, 01:52 AM
I voted Miko. While it is true that paladins are chosen by the gods to fufill a higher purpose, the paladin shouldn't act all uppity about it. Arrogance can be funny and sometimes is justified. Self-righteousness though...

sethdarkwater
2007-02-06, 02:31 AM
The other characters make me laugh, Miko just makes me want to kick her in the head sometimes. TGFB! Thank god for Belkar!

Galad
2007-02-06, 02:52 AM
That would be Miko.

Oh yes.

Aldebaran
2007-02-06, 02:53 AM
Nale.

Pretty much the same here...Though I do hate Miko,she brings something to the story, something way unpredictable now, while nale is just...well...Boring.

Bralius
2007-02-06, 05:45 AM
Miko, hands down.

She disrupts the flow of the comic, to me. With the exception of her recent addition (killing Shojo), nothing else interesting has come of her presence.

The most appealing part of the character is the build/class combination - which still do nothing for the story.

It's not a love to hate thing... it's a disinterested thing. 90% of the time if I open the newest strip and I see Miko, I feel less compelled to read it than I would any other time.

daggaz
2007-02-06, 05:51 AM
If you are gonna be fair, you should include all the main characters at least, if not every characte in the strip. Why are there only antagonists on this list? (Belkar is my favorite character, Thog is a close second, Roy I think is kinda boring and annoying these days... Miko rubbed off on him).

Yzorth
2007-02-06, 01:01 PM
I voted Thog because I love him the least.

okpokalypse
2007-02-06, 01:42 PM
... The rest of the Linear Guild has funny jokes but all he got were some Princess Bride references that were only funny circa 1973.

I find your statement both distasteful and unintelligent.

The Princess Bride is one of the best movies ever, and, it came out in 1987 - foo.

Oh yeah, and 1973 ruled!

Crabapple
2007-02-06, 02:02 PM
bah read like for some reason and voted wrong :smallannoyed:

Lord Zentei
2007-02-06, 02:55 PM
Miko, hands down.

She disrupts the flow of the comic, to me. With the exception of her recent addition (killing Shojo), nothing else interesting has come of her presence.

Err... what about the fact that she dragged the OOTS to Azure city for trial? Without her, the OOTS would probably have been disbanded after they split the Black Dragon's hoard, and Xykon would have found Azure City without any PCs in it. She very much a story enabler, far more than Nale, for instance, whose shenannigans in Cliffport mainly resulted in the sub-arc of Haley's inability to speak being resolved and Elan gaining a fancy new level.

Tygros
2007-02-06, 03:01 PM
I can't say I dislike any of those characters. I would rate Thog, Belkar, and Xykon well above Nale or Miko Though

Xykon is one of my favourites actually.

I voted Nale because Miko gets more hate than she deserves :smallfrown:

mockingbyrd7
2007-02-06, 03:13 PM
THIS IS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...

1. Xykon - A constant outlet of comedy and probably the most powerful villain the OotS have (and perhaps will) face. The arch-nemesis.

2. Thog - Incredibly funny, end of story.

3. Miko - By far the most interesting character. Love the character, despise the person.

4. Nale - Mildly amusing, a minor to moderate villain. I like him, but I'm not wild about him. Nale gets my vote of most disliked.

5. Belkar - An extremely funny character, a good source of comedy, also one of the main 6 characters. I have the same opinion of Belkar as I do of Miko: love the character, hate the person.

SEMI OFF-TOPIC: My favorite characters...

1. Elan
2. Four way tie: Miko, Thog, V, Belkar

Morty
2007-02-06, 03:17 PM
I voted Miko, though Thog is close second. I'm just sick of whole message board praising him, and I didn't find him more funny than rest of characters.

Dragor
2007-02-06, 03:25 PM
I don't hate any of them particuarly, but I voted Miko. Whilst she is a brilliant character in context, I just find her attitude annoying. I still like Nale, although he is getting rather stagnant storylines now. If he got a really good one, I'd be happy. Nale has potential..... EEEVVVVIIIILLLL potential!

Iranon
2007-02-06, 03:26 PM
Xykon in my opinion; he just seems a dime-a-dozen archvillain. While the misadventures of Team Evil are hilarious, I'd give the credit to Redcloak.

Nale is only a tiny step up, but I like his way of being a successful villain despite his many many weaknesses.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-02-06, 03:36 PM
Miko. God I strongly dislike (since ha te is appearently censored) her, ever since I first saw her. I like her charcacter, but not her. To me, she's pretty much the definition of annoying.

Blood
2007-02-06, 03:39 PM
I like them all.

Also, Belkar may be Evil, but he's in no way a villain (I don't care about the definition, he simply isn't a villain in this comic).

Setra
2007-02-06, 04:01 PM
I like them all.

Also, Belkar may be Evil, but he's in no way a villain (I don't care about the definition, he simply isn't a villain in this comic).

The fact that he is a villain is what makes him so fun. Denying that is denying like denying stabbity death!

Silverlocke980
2007-02-06, 04:10 PM
Nale, hands down- he's a monster for the heck of it. At least Miko's got the "I'm a paladin" justification- Nale just likes to murder.

Xykon I find too funny and too much a caricature to dislike...

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-02-06, 06:47 PM
At least with all the other villians they know thier the villians, Miko STILL thinks she's right

Ganjuu-kun
2007-02-06, 08:25 PM
Miko. Does anyone NOT hate her? I like all of the others.

Weezer
2007-02-06, 09:08 PM
Nale, hands down- he's a monster for the heck of it. At least Miko's got the "I'm a paladin" justification- Nale just likes to murder.

According to that logic its better to be a psychopath who believes that she is good and has the endorsements of the gods who just made you fall than be a sociopath who admits to being evil and is just straight up funny.

As you can tell I hate Miko.

skyclad
2007-02-07, 06:19 AM
It's a toos up between Xykon and Nale. They are the best characters rich has made.

Messenger
2007-02-07, 07:16 AM
Now THAT'S amusing. Currently, the distant last-place in this poll is the evilest, most "hate-worthy" character -- one of two options who is truly and completely a villain.

:xykon: Gotta love 'im. :smallamused:

He's a villain, not a jerk (or, more to the point: an a-hole). Hence, we know he's bad, but we have no real reason as readers to hate him.

I voted Miko. While it is true that paladins are chosen by the gods to fufill a higher purpose, the paladin shouldn't act all uppity about it. Arrogance can be funny and sometimes is justified. Self-righteousness though...

QFT.

Not just self-righteous, but self-righteous to the point of denial, which makes it all the worse. :smallannoyed:

Estelindis
2007-02-07, 07:56 AM
I voted Miko. I both like *and* dislike her the most of all the villains listed (although it is a tough choice in some ways). She's probably the most interesting to read about as a character (although Redcloak does have some depth to him too, and Belkar is developing nicely - although I wouldn't have thought of him as a villain, since he's a PC).

Tilian
2007-02-07, 08:52 AM
I don't really hate any of those characters. But if I had to pick which one I like the least, it would be Xykon.

Nale is at least ineffectual much of the time. It takes some of the edge of his evil. Some.