PDA

View Full Version : Some rules stuff

maniacalmojo
2014-04-08, 10:00 PM
So i am running my first D&D game and have run into a few rules i need clarifying on such as.

-Simplified how grappling works.
--Can you grapple someone into manacles and is that just an opposed grapple check?
-What skill check do you use to find if you are under the influence of something? (such as an anti magic field)
-How Does experience work?
-A character weighs 2500lb, he has an ability because of his class that lets him jump really high up and slash someone as he falls. Does his weight factor into the drop via the falling mechanics rule? (on one hand, weight would drastically improve damage for a move like that, on the other it seems a little unbalanced)

Slipperychicken
2014-04-08, 10:29 PM
To find out if you're inside an AMF, you can find out by:

Seeing invisible stuff (the barrier is invisible).
Checking to see if your (or your friends) magic items and abilities are still functioning.
Making a Spellcraft check
Seeing if your summoned creatures or ghost buddies have winked out

Experience works the same way as in video games: You gain experience (usually by defeating monsters, but sometimes also through roleplay or overcoming traps and other obstacles), and once you get enough to level up, you gain an additional level.

The fall thing depends on which ruling you're using. Rules Compendium ("the definitive guide for how to play the 3.5 revision of the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Roleplaying Game") caps total falling object damage (including both from weight and distance) at 20d6.