PDA

View Full Version : Need to know Items/feats that boost base speed and dex(3.0/3.5/pathfinder)

Platymus Pus
2014-04-09, 12:21 AM
I'm trying to find a solid list of items and feats that can increase base speed.
Preferably some that can stack.
As well as items or feats that can increase dex.

Khedrac
2014-04-09, 06:39 AM
Well the normal starting points are:
Gloves of Dexterity +2/+4/+6 - enhancement bonus
Ioun Stone +2 Dexterity - enhancement bonus so rarely used
Manual of Quickness of Action +1 to +5 - permanent inherent bonus
Belt of Battle +2 to +6 - enhancement bonus to all stats (expensive).

Yes, most item that give stat boosts are enhancement so don't stack.

Feats to boost dexterity - the only one I recall is epic and stacks, but as Epic is usually not open for consideration.

For movement speed start with Boots of Striding and Springing, 10' to and speeds, and yes it's enhancement.

Platymus Pus
2014-04-09, 11:09 AM
Hmm, aren't there even more than that?
I'm talking about finding some of the harder stuff.

The movement speed actually effects damage, that is why I'm looking for things to boost it.
So what would the best enhancement for that and possible things to stack onto base speed?

Price isn't an object here, just name them if you can.

Lilapop
2014-04-09, 12:28 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?144321-3-5-Comprehensive-list-of-way-to-augment-attack-roll
Post #6 contains ways to increase strength or dexterity, including feats.

related: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus

Movement speed increases I can think of right now are:
Dash - feat, 5 ft, Sword and Fist (has been updated at least once, iirc in the PHB 2)
Crystal of Alacrity - armor crystal, 5 ft, Magic Item Compendium
Class features - Monk and Scout as enhancement bonus, Barbarian untyped. Probably loads of other options. Usually listed as "Fast Movement (Ex)".
Boots of the unending journey - 10 ft as enhancement bonus, relic of Farlawhatshisname, MIC
Haste - many means of obtaining the effect, a permanent item on an associated slot would cost 144k if my math years ago was correct.
Footsteps of the Divine - Cleric spell, 10 ft/lvl for 1 round, Complete Champion
Feather of the Far Reaches - spell component, +10 ft for duration of affected spell, Complete Champion
Badge of Farlawhatshisname - holy symbol, +5 ft for duration of spell, Complete Champion

Huh, I though CC had an item that increases movement speed. Interestingly, my notes on rogues contain a cryptic line of "crystal of alacrity + sandals of the vagabond, mic+boed", but the Sandals of the Vagabond are from another book and don't even boost movement speed. Well, at least it hints at another item with +5 ft, because back then I was obsessed with the jumping bonus from speed - which only increases every 10 ft.

Vedhin
2014-04-09, 12:36 PM
Rapid Wrath is a spear from Ghostwalk that doubles your speed as lon as you have it with you.
The Tome of Magic has the Greater Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis for +10ft.

The Player's Guide to Faerun has Fleet of Foot, a first level only feat the grants +10ft land speed.
The Draconomicon has Improved Speed for dragons only, granting +10ft to all non-fly speeds, and +20ft to fly speeds.
The XPH has Speed of Thought for +10ft.

dextercorvia
2014-04-09, 02:15 PM
Persisted Bite of the Wererat gives a +6 enhancement bonus to dexterity and comes online sooner than a +6 item.

Persisted Occular Divine Agility gives a +10 enhancement bonus.

Platymus Pus
2014-04-10, 02:29 AM
Okay, thanks for the help.
It should help with the build that's planned.

Darrin
2014-04-10, 09:07 AM
This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=15535646&postcount=34) has a list of feats/soulmelds/dips/etc. that can be used to increase your speed.