PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Of Loathing Anyone?

ozymand1as
2007-02-05, 09:41 PM
Hey people. I've been wondering if anyone here has a LEAST heard or play of Kingdom of Loathing. its a great MMORPG that makes fun of popular culture.:smalltongue: Go to www.kingdomofloathing.com to sign out and play.

Amotis
2007-02-05, 09:44 PM
Ah! I played for a month or so after I heard about them at comic con. Fun game. Awesomly funny.

WarriorTribble
2007-02-05, 10:37 PM
It's funny, but the gameplay is too simple for me. Now I just log in occasionally and try out any new features(at the very least KoL is great at introducing new material).

Wayril
2007-02-05, 11:00 PM
Best game ever. I stopped playing after I ascended both my chars. The day ascension(sp?) came out. Then I hadn't gone on for a long time, and I guess they delete your account. :smallfrown:

Penguinizer
2007-02-06, 12:44 AM
Ive played it on several occasions. Its great :D

But stopped playing and started playing other games.

Dark
2007-02-06, 07:04 AM
I'm still hooked :) 18 ascensions and counting. I wouldn't call it a MMORPG though, it's basically a single-player game with chat.

LunaWolvesMan
2007-02-06, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I've been playing for nearly 3 years now, same name as here. Great game, very very good humor and a deceptively simple gameplay. I've ascended 24 times, just last night I started my Hardcore Boozetafarian run and after this one it's Hardcore Oxygenarion for me!

The game is very easy to get into, but once you start really trying to ascend fast and then do hardcore runs there's a lot of planning and strategy that goes into it, course luck helps.

It's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it, but not everyone gets the jokes. Some of the game is purely slapstick funny and some jokes are very literary based. They do an excellent job though, I hope more people like it.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-02-07, 10:25 AM
I played for a few months, but then I got bored. The KoL forums were actually how I first found out about OotS.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-02-07, 08:47 PM
I played it, but I stopped for a while. Now you got me back into it (at least for the next few minutes)

Mr_Saturn
2007-02-07, 09:01 PM
I dont believe you guys, that game sucked.

Crusader
2007-02-08, 08:16 PM
I've heard of it, and several of my friends play it.
Always got a kick out of the Misspelt Graveyard...Zmobies...

Mr. Moogle
2007-02-08, 10:20 PM
I have a one pound mosquito and I am a Pastamancer:smallcool:

Varen_Tai
2007-02-09, 05:39 PM
Yay! I love KoL! I've been playing for almost 1 1/2 years, running exclusively Oxy HC on my main character. I don't always get to play every day (especially since my work blocked it), but I still love it! There's always a new joke I haven't caught yet.

Woot Spitum
2007-02-09, 05:59 PM
I love it. I'm a Turtle Tamer (Fear my augmented familiars! Fear my Evil Teddy Bear and my Toothsome Rock! But most especially fear my 25-pound Howling Balloon Monkey! Mwa ha ha!). I can't get past the castle in the sky though, the monsters are too strong.