PDA

View Full Version : The "I-Make-My-Own-Weapons" Build (That Doesn't Involve The Soulknife!)

Fax Celestis
2007-02-05, 11:01 PM
Soulborn 5/Shadowsmith 6/Ironsoul Forgemaster 9 !

...which sounds a bit ridiculous at first, but not really. You end up with at least 4 essence (5 if you count the Soulborn's free Incarnum feat), Incarnum defense, smiting, 2 Apprentice mysteries of your choosing, the ability to create enchanted weapons (and then invest essentia in them to make them even niftier), Armor of Shadow, smite attacks, and a couple good chakra binds.

Now, what do I do to make it better?

Hario
2007-02-05, 11:07 PM
An artificer is a "I-make-my-own-weapons" build too... just not spontaneously, though an artificer12/Heir of Siberies 3 (only need 2 but 3 is totally worth it) allows you to spontanously create your own weapons for a cost with true creation x/day, so if you're ever near death or chained up, you can spontanously make a dagger and can buff it into oblivion.

cupkeyk
2007-02-06, 01:00 AM
Lawful Half Orc Sorc1/Half-Orc Paragon3/Monk4/Dragon Disciple4/Bear Warrior4/Reaping Mauler4. Hihihihi. Claws, Improved Grab. Both can overcome DR x/magic.

Ashheart
2007-02-06, 05:08 AM
Personally I'm trying to make a Soulknife that works...which is near impossible. But I'm slowly houserulling it untill it works.

I like your build Fax_Celestis, you don't mind if I burrow that one day, do you?

It does sound like you have given a lot of thought to that cupkeyk...I don't know much about paragons, but don't you need Rage for the Bear Warrior?
And why the dip into Sorcerer?

What would that look like: A Bear-like monk who worshippes dragons and dabbles in sorcery while remaining a pure half-orc...right.

cokefiend
2007-02-06, 06:42 AM
Whoa, I was recently wondering if a non-Soulknife weapon summony type was possible.
The problem with minor/major/true creation spells is the casting time. Bleuch. Not so good for combat.
If only I knew anything at all about this Incarnum stuff.

Zincorium
2007-02-06, 06:48 AM
Personally I'm trying to make a Soulknife that works...which is near impossible. But I'm slowly houserulling it untill it works.

I like your build Fax_Celestis, you don't mind if I burrow that one day, do you?

It does sound like you have given a lot of thought to that cupkeyk...I don't know much about paragons, but don't you need Rage for the Bear Warrior?
And why the dip into Sorcerer?

What would that look like: A Bear-like monk who worshippes dragons and dabbles in sorcery while remaining a pure half-orc...right.

Half orc paragon grants rage, sorceror (or other spontaneous arcane caster, I'd personally choose duskblade) is required for entry into dragon disciple. And story wise, this would be more than a little bizarre, but certainly possible with the right kind of campaign to place it in.

Darrin
2007-02-06, 07:42 AM
Half orc paragon grants rage, sorceror (or other spontaneous arcane caster, I'd personally choose duskblade) is required for entry into dragon disciple. And story wise, this would be more than a little bizarre, but certainly possible with the right kind of campaign to place it in.

There are much better ways to get claws than wasting four levels on Dragon Disciple. Shifter, bloodclaw master, grafts, etc.

the_tick_rules
2007-02-06, 10:40 AM
i'm assuming you have ranks in craft (weaponry) or something like that.

Ivius
2007-02-06, 10:54 AM
And story wise, this would be more than a little bizarre, but certainly possible with the right kind of campaign to place it in.

A dragon-loving bear-Monk that happens to have sorcerer powers. A little out there, but plausible.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-06, 10:57 AM
I made a homebrew Prestige class based around making his own weapons but like most of my things, it never saw the light of day. Nobody noticed anything I posted so I sort of stopped. Well, actually I mainly don't post stuff because I don't think anyone would want to analyse a thread with 3+ prestige classes in it.

Fax Celestis
2007-02-06, 11:39 AM
I made a homebrew Prestige class based around making his own weapons but like most of my things, it never saw the light of day. Nobody noticed anything I posted so I sort of stopped. Well, actually I mainly don't post stuff because I don't think anyone would want to analyse a thread with 3+ prestige classes in it.

//waves. HI. I do this for fun. Gimme.

cupkeyk
2007-02-06, 03:52 PM
Oooh dusk blade would be better. Less BAB loss. The 4 levels of Dragon Disciple is there for the +4 STR, the actual combat ability comes from Bear warrior when you rage and turn into a brown bear.

No I didn't think that build over, I pulled it out of nowhere without much thought because of this thread. I don't like melee.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-08, 05:00 AM
//waves. HI. I do this for fun. Gimme.

You can have a look if you want. The problem I found is that the class ended up underpowered because everyone else gets magic items AND class features while you just get magic items AS class features. You could probably come up with some insane cheese for this class but a class that needs cheese to work is a bad idea. You're build is probably better.

Blade Caller

I watched too much Fate/Staynight...
Hit Dice: d8
Good Saves: Fort and Will
Base Attack Bonus: Good
Spellcasting Progression: Caster/Manisfester level advances but gains no additional power points or spells per day.

Requirements

Skills: Concentration 12 ranks, Craft (Weaponsmithing) 12 ranks, Spellcraft or Psicraft 12 ranks.
Feats: Either Combat Manifestation or Combat Casting, Craft Magical Arms and Armour or Craft Psionic Arms and Armour, Either Extend Spell or Extend Power.
Spellcasting/Psionics: Ability to cast either Major Creation or manifest Psionic Major Creation, knowledge of at least 3 other Conjuration or Metacreativity powers.

Class Skills

The Class’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis, Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana), Psicraft, Ride (Dex) and Spellcaft (Int).
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Class Features

All of the following are class features of the Class prestige class.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: A Blade Caller gains proficiency with any 3 martial weapons of his choice but gains no armour proficiencies.
Call Weapon [Sp]:

As a standard action, a Blade Caller may create up to his total Hit Dice in pounds of weapons and ammunition from nothingness as a move action. The weapon may be of any type the blade caller is proficient with. The weapon has an enhancement bonus of +3 and increases every four levels, he can trade all but +1 of this enhancement bonus for any of the following magic weapon abilities; keen, throwing or defending. All weapons called by the Blade Caller last only three rounds. A Blade Caller of at least 3rd level can call weapons and ammunition as a free action although he may only call his Hit Dice in pounds of weapons and ammunition per round.
Trace Weapon [Ex]:

As a standard action, a Blade Caller may analyse the weapon of any opponent within 30 ft. To do so he makes a caster level check against a DC of the caster level of the weapon +10. He gains knowledge of all that weapon’s abilities and powers. If it is a sentient weapon, it is aware of the Blade Caller tracing it and may make a will save (DC 10 + class level + Int modifier) to avoid being traced.
A Blade Caller of 2nd level or higher may summon a copy of the traced weapon through his Call Weapon ability long as the weapon he traced is not an artefact. However this copy is inferior in that its enhancement bonus is one less than the originals and it loses the benefit of any special materials it was made from. A Blade Caller may not summon the same traced weapon again until 6 rounds have passed. In addition, he permanently gains proficiency with any weapon he traces.
From 4th level, traced weapons retain the effects of any special materials the original had and the Blade Caller gains the ability to make the standard weapons he creates with the Call Weapon ability made out of any material he has traced an example of. From 7th level, he can call copies of artefact weapons he has traced. Treat artefacts as having a DC of 35 to trace, though at the DM’s discretion this may be even higher.
Transform Weapon [Su]:

A Blade Caller of 4th level or higher may transform a weapon he has summoned using his call weapon ability into another as a move action. The weapon can be transformed into any weapon that deals the same damage type and is no heavier than the original weapon. The weapon keeps all the same properties but deals the damage and has the threat range etc of the new weapon type. The Blade Caller may change a melee weapon into ammunition (but not a ranged weapon) although he will only have a single piece of ammunition.
Create Weapon [Sp]:

A Blade Caller of 6th level or higher can make the weapons he creates through his call weapon ability permanent. As a standard action, he may pay the XP cost that would be required to create that item to make it a permanent item.
Dancing Blades [Sp]:

A Blade Caller of 8th level or higher can command the blades he has summoned to move on their own. He can animate a number of blades equal to his intelligence modifier, but can make no other actions when controlling them and must make concentration checks to continuously animate them as though he was maintaining a spell. Each dancing weapon attacks with the Blade Caller’s Base attack bonus and can move 40 ft. in any direction in a round as long as they remain within 100 ft. of the Blade Caller.