PDA

View Full Version : Optimized Natural Weapon user

Iwasforger03
2014-04-09, 03:56 PM
Can I get some help compiling the feats and spells (from 3.5 and pathfinder) that augment and improve the effectiveness of natural weapon attacks.

We've got a bloodrager draconic bloodline (silver) with half-dragon template as well, so we've got two claws and a bite to work with so far.

Necklace (amulet?) of natural weapons is, I think, the name of the item that lets you give natural attacks enhancement bonuses. There's Improved Natural Attack, and he's going to have access to size bonuses etc because of his class (form of the dragon II), but What else is there to help us with this?

Apologies, I forgot to mention we are looking to avoid third party from 3.5 or pathfinder. Wizards and Paizo published material only.

Additional question: If you have wings, are they automatically a natural weapon if not listed as such, or do you need feats/spells to use them as such?

Captnq
2014-04-09, 03:58 PM
My Sig.
Get EVD
Check out Augmentation.

Iwasforger03
2014-04-09, 04:02 PM
Forgive me for being leery of downloading anything. Is it a third party source or just a compilation volume?

Vhaidara
2014-04-09, 04:36 PM
It's an encyclopedia that Captnq has spent the past several years (I believe) putting together. He tends to be very brief in recommending it.

Here's a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?336589-Best-class-for-buffing-Natural-Attacks&p=17179749) I started a while back focusing on how to enhance them if you already have them.

If you want to get them, Totemist from Magic of Incarnum is one of the best.

CIDE
2014-04-09, 04:39 PM
Already going the wrong direction for optimized natural attacks. Warshaper, Divine Minion+MoMF, and Totemists are pretty much required (though not always in the same build) for insane natural attacks.

Or I should say for max optimization. There's a pretty large gap between what you seem to want and max OP-fu.

Snowbluff
2014-04-09, 04:41 PM
My Sig.
Get EVD
Check out Augmentation.

Quincy, dude. o.o

Dread_Head
2014-04-09, 05:17 PM
Yeh, as previously suggested Totemist's are great for natural weapons, here's a brilliant handbook on them (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?287304-danzibr-s-Totemist-Handbook).

Other good builds tend to involve Wild Shape and the Master of Many Forms prestige class. Or something like a Changeling Warshaper.

Know(Nothing)
2014-04-09, 05:52 PM
The spell Blood Wind, if you can get it conveniently, is absolutely brutal. Full attacks with a 20-foot range increment for one round, swift casting time.

Iwasforger03
2014-04-09, 10:03 PM
Guys: This is a Pathfinder game that mostly usings Paizo only. It seems i'm forgetting to tell you these things, and that is my fault.

Pathfinder, no third party, case by case 3.5. Class is locked in, and multi-classes is probably NOT going to happen or be useful.

Bloodrager (from advanced class guide playtest) draconic bloodline. Half Dragon template as well. Two claws, Bite, Maybe wings (The base class provisions and template don't mention the wings being usable as natural weapons, but I thought there was a ruling or a feat for that).

I know Improved Natural Attack, and Necklace of natural attacks. I recall something about a spell that would make the attacks act as one or two size categories larger, but I don't recall anything else much about enhancing them.

I apologize I wasn't clear.

I did get that encyclopedia to open, finally. Thank you, I'm still working through it.

Iwasforger03
2014-04-11, 04:51 PM
Anybody know of a way to make a half-dragon's wings useable as natural weapons? Or its tail?

Coidzor
2014-04-11, 05:12 PM
Anybody know of a way to make a half-dragon's wings useable as natural weapons? Or its tail?

Dragon Tail feat from Races of the Dragon covers the tail attack.

Wing Buffets are notoriously difficult to get though, IIRC. The easiest way to get some is Shape Soulmeld (Chaos Roc's Mantle) from Magic of Incarnum for nonlethal wing buffets(with reach) and then binding them to the Shoulder Chakra for lethal damage and a save against Daze when hitting something with both of 'em.

Edit: Pathfinder? You're kinda SOL there. Unless you can get Dragon Tail from 3.5 allowed, anyway.

Immabozo
2014-04-11, 05:39 PM
Graft weapon psionic power from XPH is a nice way to go as well.

Get proficieny with a Dwarven battleaxe. A large one can be wielded one handed. Monkey grip for huge, Expansion psionic power and augment it for size huge and your weapon will be colossal, graft weapon makes it a natural attack, warshaper makes it Colossal +, I am sure there is more you can do. But that is 8D8 +str (enhanced by expansion) per.... whatever you call that "natural attack". And you have 15' reach

Then you can get sneak attack dice via Assassin stance, of class levels, you can augment it as you can any other weapon and give it pluses, make it out of cold iron (especially useful for those hot adventuring days!) or adamantine, or whatever.

Urpriest
2014-04-11, 05:49 PM
Pathfinder has a similar spell to Blood Wind, but unfortunately it only applies to unarmed strikes. Still it's pretty badass. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blood-crow-strike)