PDA

View Full Version : Index [Pathfinder] A Non-Evil Necromancer (Sorcerer base class)

13ones
2014-04-09, 08:47 PM
Evening ladies, gents, constructs, and everything in between.

I come to you with a little question. A plea to help me optimize a character concept using the Sorcerer class from pathfinder. Concept to follow:

A caster who uses Fear, Illusions, Negative Energy, Enchantments, and Evocations and of course a zombie or some other unintelligent undead. He only animates as a last resort or given permission by the lords of the land he is in, and only if the animation of the corpse is to serve a greater good than the body before him. A philosophy of Undead being no different than a blade in the hand of a skilled fighter.

He'd be human obviously but I'm torn between bloodlines, feats, and general spell selection. The game i'll be in starts level 4 (25 point buy, no traits) and will eventually get to level 20.

I've always had a bit of an obession with undead, flesh golems, and ghosts, even before DnD and Pathfinder and I've always been a fan of a stereotypical 'evil' thing being a good guy. Like this isn't your sarcastic, dead-pan snarker sort of Necromancer. He loves life, is full of energy, peppy, happy to help and always eager to do the right thing. He just likes to hang around grave yards and poke at dead bodies to create abominations before the eyes of most good-aligned gods.

So yeah, any ideas folks?