PDA

View Full Version : The Colony (IC Thread)

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-09, 09:53 PM
You step out of the colony ship onto the barren planet of Crysius. You can see the sky shimmer, the atmosphere being held in by powerful forcefields, rendering a small section of the planet habitable and breathable. Beyond the forecfields, even robotoids would be disintigrated in minutes.

Turn 1

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/g4136_zpsc40def29.png

You are granted one plot of land for free. Feel free to claim it now (also select a color to represent you).

The store currently has:
Food: 20 (Buy: 15 Sell: 50)
Energy: 20 (Buy: 25 Sell: 65)
M.U.L.E.s: 10 (Buy: 50 Sell: 100)
Smithore: 10 (Buy: 50 Sell 150)
Crystallite: 0 (Buy: 200)
Cash: 50,000

Event: There are no events this turn

All players require 3 food this turn.
Robotoids require 3 energy instead.
All non-energy M.U.L.E.s will require 1 energy to operate per turn.

Initial Stats (food will be deducted after plots are selected):
Marshal James Raynor (russdm)

Race: Human
Cash: $800
Food: 8
Energy: 4
Smithore: 0
Crystallite: 0

Slim (gac3)

Cash: $1600
Food: 4

Zelda (Elbeyon)

Race: Robotoid
Cash: $1000
Food: 0
Energy: 8
Smithore: 4

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

Energy: 8

Elbeyon
2014-04-09, 10:43 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/tqyixdpkh/No_Name.jpg
Full Image (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/098/d/a/lookin__sassy_by_thomaswievegg-d7dm444.jpg)

Money: $400
Energy: 26 (+18)
Crystallite: 13 (+6)

Property
I3 (XF, XE, MS, LC), J3 (XF, XE, XS, MC)
J4 (XF, HE, XS, XC)
I5 (XF, HE, XS, XC), J5 (XF, ME, XS, XC)
Surveys
C2 (MS)
C3 (HS), I3 (MS, LC), J3 (MC), K3 (LC)
C4 (MS), J4 (HS)
I5 (HE), J5 (ME)
Mules
C-MULE (I3; 2+1), C-MULE (J3; 2+1)
E-MULE (J4; 5+1)
E-MULE (I5; 5+1), E-MULE (J5; 4+2)
Unoutfitted Unassigned MULEs x3
1 old broken down MULE with an energy package

Extra Info: Food (Buy $25), Solar (Buy $50), Smithore (Buy $75), Crystallite (Buy $100)

russdm
2014-04-10, 12:11 AM
Marshal James Raynor will speak in Blue

James Raynor exited the colony ship to see others already talking together, so he strode up to them. Marshal James Raynor is tall black-haired youthful looking man with a black trenchcoat. He carries a Marshal's badge and looks rugged like he works out a lot.

"Howdy folks, James Raynor, Marshal, but you can call me Jimmy. I think that plot G2 looks good for farming. I am hoping to setup as one of law officers around here, keep the bandits and pirates away. With the right equipment, I could do some mining in G1, see what happens to be there. I think it would good to get a nice bit of land that is next to the river, for the view you know." He told them.

Elbeyon
2014-04-10, 01:37 AM
Zelda puts her leg down, twisting it at an odd angle as not to hit anyone. She offers her hand to Jimmy and gives a firm shake. "It's good to have you Marshal Jimmy. Frontier justice can get awful messy without the law around."

"Sector G2 sounds like a fine place." She gives a clap, "Good, with a farmer that means we'll be able to feed all the types of our citizens. Besides energy I like things like myself." She motions to her body. "Not, that your not bad looking Jimmy." And, a grinning emoticon appears on her display. "What I mean is I like things of a mechanical nature. If any of you need me to do some repair work or install some programs on your M.U.L.E.s let me know."

Claim an open area.
1) Buy two M.U.L.E.s ($100) (I assume buying and selling in bulk is one action?)
2) Inspect the I claimed for the quality of the land in regards to Solar Energy Panels.
(flat features, inside of the mountain's rain shadow, general climate examination)
3) Inspect an adjacent area for the quality of the land in regards to Solar Energy Panels.
(flat features, inside of the mountain's rain shadow, general climate examination)
4) Buy a M.U.L.E for ($50), outfit it with the solar panel package ($50), and use it to work my claimed land.

Total Cost:
$200
Land:
One of them
M.U.L.E.s:
M.U.L.E (Code: None; Location: F3), M.U.L.E (Code: None; Location: F3), M.U.L.E (Code: Solar; Location: Property Location)

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-10, 07:25 AM
The buy/sell listed above is what the store buys and sells at, so mules cost 100. Buying/selling in bulk is one action (trading among characters is free)

PhoenixRise
2014-04-10, 08:42 AM
Vrrrrr........A metal plated robot slowly hovers down from the ship, maintaining 5 feet away from the ground. It appears slightly conical in shape, though the tip, rather than a point, has a dome structure, with a clear eyepiece attached to it. The height of its frame is approximately 5 feet high. The color of the metallic frame is brown. It spins its head 360 degrees around, scanning the immediate vicinity. Arrival phase successful, accomplished 83523 seconds earlier than anticipated. Confirmed ground is consistent to information stored in memory. Override remaining standby protocols, commence M.U.L.E production phase. Begin accessing geographic satellite information. He turns to face Zelda and Jim, a whirring noise coming with his head spinning. He changes the color of his shell to blue. Salutations, fellow human and robotoid. I extend to you the most cordial of greetings, and hope for peace. Working in conjunction will allow faster development of this landscape, do you not agree? I shall commence M.U.L.E production immediately.

(Does scanning reveal if a tile contains crystalite, or do all tiles do?)
1: Scan G3
2: Scan G4
3: Scan G5
If crystallite is present in plot, purchase one with most, else, purchase one with most smithore production.
4: Purchase 2 MULEs , 1 Smithore production module, 5 Energy packets (200+75+325 = 600), and set mule to smithore mining.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-10, 10:12 AM
Surveying for cystallite takes 1 action per plot. It gives you a rough indication of how plentiful it is (none, low, medium, high)

Reminder to all: one MULE can work one plot (but nothing keeps you from stockpiling them)

PhoenixRise
2014-04-10, 10:20 AM
Ooo, so scanning will simply scan for viability of a single resource? If so, then I would simply scan for smithore.
Also, mules are only 100 :D, need to get.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-10, 10:55 AM
Ooo, so scanning will simply scan for viability of a single resource? If so, then I would simply scan for smithore.
Also, mules are only 100 :D, need to get.

There are areas that are good and bad for various production, but its hard to tell without scanning or experimenting.

Phoenix only:
g3: moderate smithore
G4: high smithore
G5: moderate smithore

Elbeyon
2014-04-10, 11:41 AM
Really? No one has any objections to me naming the planet... Sweet.

Arms still tucked behind her head, "Hey, fellow living being." On Zelda's display two dome, conical shaped robots shake eyepieces. "Do you have a name? What sectors and job do you want?

OoC: Is the rule that we have to pick land at the start of the turn being waived? I could understand for the first turn since that would mean we have to pick at entirely random.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-10, 12:16 PM
--Map Download Complete-- Begin surface analysis. My name is REsource Transport INspector Automation, or R.E.T.I.N.A for short. However, you may call me Tina. --Analysis complete--
Protocol dictates that I should commence M.U.L.E production immediately. Plot G4 would facilitate for easy trade, and provide the necessary Smithore

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-10, 12:17 PM
For the first turn order is not important. Subsequently you will have to claim a plot prior to any other actions except tradin with other players (which costs no action and can be done at any time).

Each turn you get one free plot until they run out. As a fund raiser, the store may sell additional plots. You will be notified at turn start what plpts are for sale and the minimum bid.

Additional clarification: buying and selling with the store costs 1 action, no matter how much you trade or what goods. You could buy and sell every good type including M.U.L.E.s and only cost one action.

Surveying will tell you the relative production rate of one resource and takes one action per resource per plot. This information is spoilered to you (but thete are no rules against sharing or selling the information)

Also the colony ship will return in 12 months (turns) with additional supplies.

Elbeyon
2014-04-10, 01:00 PM
OoC: Sounds good to me.

"That's good to know Tina. My name is Zelda. It seems like this group got a well-rounded skill set. Well, I've got work to do." She relaxes her arms and shouts out towards Slim. "Slim! I'm getting started! I don't want to lose out on the lower right quadrant land grab!"

"I'll see you guys back here soon enough."

1) Buy three M.U.L.E.s ($300)
2) Inspect J4 for the quality of the land in regards to Solar Energy Panels.
3) Inspect I5 for the quality of the land in regards to Solar Energy Panels.

I know I probably shouldn't split up my actions, but I wanted to manually pick a plot after the inspections. Just for this turn.

If that's not allowed I'll
4) Buy a M.U.L.E for ($100), outfit it with the solar panel package ($50), and use it to work the best prospected land. Unless they both turn out to be poor areas for Solar Energy Panels. In that case I'll pick A2 at random.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-10, 07:30 PM
Elbeyon only
J4 and I5 both have a high potential for energy.

Lots of M.U.L.E.s sold....will there be enough for everyone?

Elbeyon
2014-04-10, 08:02 PM
I'll attempt to grab J4

gac3
2014-04-10, 08:57 PM
I'll try red.

A tall, long, lanky creature wanders into the shop and is greeted by the name Slim. I am interested in claiming the plot B3. Also if you have any MULES left, I would like to purchase a couple. He then watches everyone else who comes in and out while he tries to figure out what he should do.

Still trying to fully grasp this:
1. Buys two mules (if there are enough left after the others, my character is too nice). Cost: 200
2. Outfit one for solar energy. Cost: 150
3. Outfit the other for mining. Cost: 150
4. Scan B3 for potential for solar energy stuff

Total cost: 500

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-10, 09:08 PM
I'll try red.

A tall, long, lanky creature wanders into the shop and is greeted by the name Slim. I am interested in claiming the plot B3. Also if you have any MULES left, I would like to purchase a couple. He then watches everyone else who comes in and out while he tries to figure out what he should do.

Still trying to fully grasp this:
1. Buys two mules (if there are enough left after the others, my character is too nice). Cost: 200
2. Outfit one for solar energy. Cost: 150
3. Outfit the other for mining. Cost: 150
4. Scan B3 for potential for solar energy stuff

Total cost: 500

As a note: you can outfit and place a mule as one action.

gac3

E3: Moderate Energy source

Energy production only costs 50, and mining costs 75.

russdm
2014-04-10, 11:28 PM
Spoiler: Actions

1) Will buy three MULEs and outfit them. One energy producing, one food producing, one mining-haven't decided what kind yet.
2) Inspect/Scan G1, H2 for what they have. Examine G2 and H1 for feasibility for placing MULEs for solar or food production.
3) Claim G2 and Mule set up
4) Get Mule set up in H1

Elbeyon
2014-04-11, 02:29 AM
The shop door opens with a futuristic Si-fi sound and Zelda comes walking in looking pretty happy, "Hey, Slim. What are you up to? Sorry, about leaving without you earlier. The good news is the lower right quadrant is as good as I was hoping." Two pleased eyebrows appear on her screen. "A positive rate of energy seems possible. I guess it's good news that we're not all going to die out here, huh?" She gives a laugh.

"Oh, I named the planet Hyrule. No one seems to care much.."

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-11, 07:52 PM
Randomized Order for this turn:
Marshal James Raynor
Dalek
Zelda
Slim

Post-food processing stats:

Cash: $800
Food: 5

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

Energy: 5

Zelda (Elbeyon)

Energy: 5

Slim (gac3)

Cash: $1600
Food: 1

russdm only:
You can only scan one sector for one resource per action, so G3 has Moderate energy production capability

Please finalize any actions, I will be updating tomorrow morning.

Elbeyon
2014-04-11, 08:09 PM
I'm fine with my purposed actions.

1) Buy three M.U.L.E.s ($300)
2) Inspect J4 in regards to Energy (Result is High).
3) Inspect I5 in regards to Energy (Result is High).
Calm J4
4) Buy a M.U.L.E for ($100), outfit it with the solar panel package ($50), and use it to work J4.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-11, 11:22 PM
Tina, hearing your conversation in the shop, approaches. Hyrule is the name of this planet? I shall commit it to my databanks. I currently have stored the name RX-154 as the designation for this place, I shall overwrite the information. May I ask, what is the significance of "H.Y.R.U.L.E"?

I will retain my current actions, noted below. (I noticed I was not deducted the money)

1: Scan G3
2: Scan G4
3: Scan G5
4: Purchase 2 MULEs , 1 Smithore production module, 5 Energy packets (200+75+325 = 600), and set mule to smithore mining in G4.

Start - Purchase J4
Action
1 - Add Energy module to M.U.L.E, set it to J4
2 - Scan G3 for Crystalite
3 - Scan G5 for Crystalite
4 - Scan H3 for Energy

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-13, 08:46 PM
General note: you can only set up MULEs on plots you own.

Turn 1 - Results

You claim G2 and set up a MULE to harvest energy.

Cash: $350
Food: 5 (3 will be consumed during turn 2)
Energy: 4 + 3 = 7 (MULES consumed 0 this turn)
Plots: G2
Mules: Food MULE (unassigned)
Energy MULE (G2)
Smithore MULE (unassigned)

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

You claim plot G4 and assign a smithore mule to work there.

Cash: $400
Energy: 10 - 1 used by MULEs (3 will be consumed on turn 2 by you, each non-energy MULE will require 1 to operate)
Smithore: 4 + 2 produced = 6
Plots: G4
MULEs: smithore MULE(G4)
1 unassigned MULE

Zelda (Elbeyon)

You purchase a lot of MULEs (4) and claim J4 an begin energy production.

Cash: $550
Energy: 5 + 4 produced = 9 (3 required for turn 2. Energy MULEs require no energy to operate)
Plots: J4
MULEs: Energy MULE (J4)
3 Unassigned Unoutfitted MULEs

Slim (gac3)

NOTE: You got one regular MULE and old sparky at a discount.
Also, energy MULE only cost $50 to outfit, and mining $75, not 150 each (these prices don't change) the mules currenlty cost $100, and that price does occasionally change.

You buy 2 MULEs and set one to working newly claimed plot B3 harvesting energy.

Race: that one I have to look up with the funny name
Cash: $1275
Food: 1 (3 will be needed during turn 2, be sure to buy some from the store or other players)
Energy: 4 + 3 produced = 7 (0 used because energy MULEs do not require power)
Plots: B3
MULEs: Energy MULE "Old Sparky" (B3)
smithore MULE (unassigned)

Turn 2 - Plot Claim
Please claim one plot. You must claim a plot before any other actions can be taken (though you can certainly post those actions ahead of time if you want to save time later, results will not appear until all plots are claimed).

The store currently has:
Food: 20 (Buy: 15 Sell: 50)
Energy: 15 (Buy: 30 Sell: 75)
M.U.L.E.s: 5 (Buy: 60 Sell: 120)
Smithore: 0 (Buy: 60 Sell 170)
Cash: 51,825

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zps55ff683f.jpg

russdm
2014-04-13, 11:22 PM
Actions

Claim E2 and put the food making Mule there

Elbeyon
2014-04-14, 12:59 AM
OoC: What is this turn's event? :smalltongue: Is Marshal James Raynor's Land a farm?

Tina, hearing your conversation in the shop, approaches. Hyrule is the name of this planet? I shall commit it to my databanks. I currently have stored the name RX-154 as the designation for this place, I shall overwrite the information. May I ask, what is the significance of "H.Y.R.U.L.E"?

"High-Yielding Resource Units Localized for Extraction." She gives him a few nano seconds to compute her reply and interrupts any type of output. "It doesn't mean anything. Not yet. It's a name that overtime will start to mean a great deal to us. This is our home after all."

Over the next month Zelda takes numerous trips on her mag(nitized) bike between the colony center and her own little land. Working tirelessly the first couple days, no one sees much of Zelda unless they go out to find her. Normally covered in grease with her trusty holo-computer nearby she works at reconfiguring and installing her solar systems onto her first utilized mule. Though still friendly and chipper she happily greats everyone she crosses paths with. After those first few days of harsh work her Energy Mule is up and running.

Done with proactive work she starts to go around and check on the other colonists. Seeing how their doing with their mules and if they need any help. When she gets to Tina's place she's less than pleased. "Yo, Tina! Why are you mining in the middle of a field. I thought G4 would facilitate. This is practically right next door to my Energy Mule." She turns to point to her own plot of land "It seems a little early to be bumping into each other when there's still so much land. Are you heading towards the mountains or are you going to keep mining towards me?"

Claim J5
1) Install a solar panel package ($50) into one of my unoutfited mules and put it to work in J5
2) Inspect J5 for solar energy production capabilities.
3) Inspect I3 for Crystallite.
4) Inspect I3 for Smithore.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-14, 07:10 AM
No global event this turn.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-14, 10:16 AM
I think I should be mining in G4 for Smithore?

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-15, 05:06 PM
Mountains tend to be better for smithore.

24 hours left in the claim process. If you do not claim a plot in that time, you will lose out on claiming on for this turn.

Elbeyon
2014-04-15, 05:16 PM
It looks like your stuck with H4.

Come on guys claim some spots! How are we going to survive the horrible misfortunes to come without full man power. :smalleek:

@PhoenixRise We should start discussing energy trades soon. I wouldn't want you to run out of power and be unable to preform your actions. The store has energy to spare and you could always start an energy plant so it may not be necessary. But, I'm sure we could reach a good trade deal.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-15, 05:57 PM
Mountains tend to be better for smithore.

I mean, you placed the tile I took for turn 1 wrong. I purchased G4 (Even your spoilered message for me says I do.)

Start - Purchase H4
Action
1 - Add Energy module to M.U.L.E, set it to H4 ($50)
4 - Scan H3 for Energy

Supplies
Cash: 350
Energy: 9-5 = 4
Smithore: 6
Crystalite: 0

Plots
G4 H4

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-15, 06:07 PM
I mean, you placed the tile I took for turn 1 wrong. I purchased G4 (Even your spoilered message for me says I do.)

Start - Purchase H4
Action
1 - Add Energy module to M.U.L.E, set it to H4 ($50)
4 - Scan H3 for Energy

Supplies
Cash: 350
Energy: 9-5 = 4
Smithore: 6
Crystalite: 0

Plots
G4 H4

Whoops. Must have gotten that mixed up, sorry.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-17, 07:46 PM
Turn 2 - Claim phase has ended. Looks like slim is the only one who doesn't claim a new plot.

You have 24 hours to finalize your actions.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-18, 08:08 PM

Turn 2 - Results

You claim E2 and place a food MULE there.

Food: 2 + 4 = 6 (3 will be consumed during turn 3)
Energy: 7 + 3 - 1 = 9 (MULES consumed 1 this turn)
Plots: G2 E2
Mules: Food MULE (E2)
Energy MULE (G2)
Smithore MULE (unassigned)

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

You claim H4. G3 and G5 have moderate Crystallite deposits. H3 has low energy production.

Energy: 7 - 1 used by MULEs (3 will be consumed on turn 3 by you, each non-energy MULE will require 1 to operate)
Smithore: 6 + 2 produced = 8
Plots: G4 H4
energy MULE (H4)

Zelda (Elbeyon)

You claim J5 and evaluate it for energy production. It has a moderate energy potential. I3 has a moderate smithore and low crystallite potential.

Cash: $500
Energy: 6 + 8 produced = 14 (3 required for turn 3. Energy MULEs require no energy to operate)
Plots: J4 J5
Energy MULE (J5)
2 Unassigned Unoutfitted MULEs

Slim (gac3)

NOTE: You got one regular MULE and old sparky at a discount.
Also, energy MULE only cost $50 to outfit, and mining $75, not 150 each (these prices don't change) the mules currenlty cost $100, and that price does occasionally change.

You buy 2 MULEs and set one to working newly claimed plot B3 harvesting energy.

Food: 1 (3 will be needed during turn 2, be sure to buy some from the store or other players)
Energy: 4 + 3 produced = 7 (0 used because energy MULEs do not require power)

Turn 3 - Plot Claim
EVENT: Fire in the store! All stockpiles are lost!

The store currently has:
Food: 0 (Buy: 50 Sell: 200)
Energy: 0 (Buy: 65 Sell: 250)
M.U.L.E.s: 0 (Buy: 100 Sell: 300)
Smithore: 0 (Buy: 100 Sell 300)
Cash: 51,925

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zpsf86d4a9e.jpg

PhoenixRise
2014-04-18, 08:32 PM
Since I had 6 smithore on turn 2 and 8 now at the start of turn 3, would that mean i have 7 mules in reserve? (since 2 smithore = 1 mule per turn? or do i have that wrong)

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-18, 08:52 PM
Since I had 6 smithore on turn 2 and 8 now at the start of turn 3, would that mean i have 7 mules in reserve? (since 2 smithore = 1 mule per turn? or do i have that wrong)

Only the store has the equipment to build mules according to current rules.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-18, 09:31 PM
Only the store has the equipment to build mules according to current rules.

Er, then what is the use of getting smithore again? :s. Sorry, would check myself, but lost the recruiting thread >.<

Elbeyon
2014-04-18, 09:32 PM
It seems like every single person went for energy production.

Claim I3
1) Buy a Crystallite Package ($100) and install it into a spare MULE. Assign it to work I3 for Crystallite.
2) Sell 4 Smithore ($400) & 10 Energy ($650) to the Store.
3) Inspect J3 for Crystallite.
4) Inspect K3 for Crystallite.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-18, 09:40 PM
Er, then what is the use of getting smithore again? :s. Sorry, would check myself, but lost the recruiting thread >.<

Because the store will always buy it and usually at a high price.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-18, 09:41 PM
Because the store will always buy it and usually at a high price.

Ah, okay, thank you! :)

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-18, 10:02 PM
Ah, okay, thank you! :)

Also, no smithore = no new MULEs

gac3
2014-04-19, 11:37 AM
Sorry I disappeared for a few days. Things got weird. I'm back now

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 12:09 PM
Welcome back!

*Changes some actions*

russdm
2014-04-19, 01:53 PM
James Raynor Actions

Will examine G1, H2, G3
To determine what can be mined at each
Will then place Mining Mule at location

PhoenixRise
2014-04-19, 04:56 PM
Also, no smithore = no new MULEs

So, the store can convert smithore to MULEs? Sorry, I still dont understand the connection between MULEs and Smithore.

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 05:32 PM
Yep. The store creates two MULEs for every two smithore it had at the start of that turn.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-19, 08:25 PM
Yep. The store creates two MULEs for every two smithore it had at the start of that turn.

Unless a fire burns everything

Elbeyon
2014-04-19, 10:54 PM
True. :smallamused:

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-20, 08:54 PM
I only see one plot claim for turn 3. Going to give a 24 hour extension.

PhoenixRise
2014-04-21, 09:12 AM
I will claim G3.

1. Sell all smithore to store
2. Scan J1 for energy
3. Scan I3 for crystalite
4. Scan B5 for crystalite

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-21, 08:44 PM
24 hours to finish actions. I think we could safely add 2 more players, if anyone has any friends that they would like to join, have them IM me.

Turn 3 claim map (claims are now done):

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zps9d3ca6db.jpg

Elbeyon:
J3: Moderate Crystallite
K3: Low Crystallite

Russdm:

G1: High Smithore
H2: High Smithore
G3: Moderate Smithore

24 hours to finalize actions

PhoenixRise
2014-04-21, 08:53 PM
Tina whirrs to action on the 3rd cycle, preparing to purchase more supplies from the Store. On her arrive, she see's the fire. Heat Hazard detected, commence brodcasting warning

With that, Tina begins sending out radio waves, detectable by robotoids and comms. Issuing a warning about the fire at the center of the colony. She then begins scanning for beings inside the store. --Commence Scanning for Bio Signals--

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-22, 10:14 PM

Turn 3 - Results

You claim G1 and place a mining MULE there.

G1: High Smithore
H2: High Smithore
G3: Moderate Smithore

Food: 3 + 6 = 9 (3 will be consumed during turn 4)
Energy: 9 + 2 - 2 = 9 (MULES consumed 2 this turn)
Smithore: 0 + 5 = 5
Plots: G2 E2 G1
Mules: Food MULE (E2)
Energy MULE (G2)
Smithore MULE (G1)

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

You claim G3. You sold 8 smithore to the store for $800

J1 has HIGH energy potential
I3 has moderate Crystallite potential
B5 has moderate Cyrstallite potential

Cash: $1150
Energy: 3 + 2 - 1 = 4 (3 will be consumed on turn 4 by you, each non-energy MULE will require 1 to operate)
Smithore: 0 + 2 produced = 2
Plots: G4 H4 G3
energy MULE (H4)

Zelda (Elbeyon)

You claim I3 and set a MULE to mine Crystallite there. You sold 4 smithore for $400 and 10 Energy for $650.

J3: Moderate Crystallite
K3: Low Crystallite

Cash: $1450
Energy: 1 - 1 + 6 = 6 (3 required for turn 4. Energy MULEs require no energy to operate)
Crystallite: 0 + 1 = 1
Plots: J4 J5 I3
Energy MULE (J5)
Crystallite MULE (I3)
1 Unassigned Unoutfitted MULEs

Slim (gac3)

No actions given

Food: 0 (3 will be needed during turn 4)
Energy: 7 + 2 produced = 9 (0 used because energy MULEs do not require power)

Turn 4 - Plot Claim
EVENT: Acid Rain! Previous turns food output increased, energy output reduced.

The store currently has:
Energy: 10 (Buy: 30 Sell: 200)
M.U.L.E.s: 6 (Buy: 100 Sell: 300)
Smithore: 0 (Buy: 75 Sell 200)
Cash: 50,175

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zpsd765aeab.jpg

48 hours to claim plots, 72 hours until end of turn

Elbeyon
2014-04-22, 10:40 PM
Edit: I can't read the stores right. D: I'm use to seeing buy and thinking that's the price I actually pay to buy it.

Buying is first come first serve right?

Claim J3
1) Buy 3 MULEs ($900).
2) Outfit a mule with the Crystallite package ($100) and put it to work in J3.
3) Steal a mule from Slim.
4) Cover up tracks of the theft for people don't catch me. Mwhahaha.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-22, 11:28 PM
If there are conflicts in buying/claiming I roll randomly to see who goes "first"

russdm
2014-04-23, 03:25 PM
Spoiler: Action

1) Buy A Mule from store, get if possible Mining upgrade for it.
2) Claim H2 and stick new mule there
3) Sell Smithore to shop to afford Mule Mining Upgrade if need be.
4) Drink some beer

PhoenixRise
2014-04-23, 08:23 PM
Purchase:

Tile: J1

Actions:
Purchase Energy Module
Switch Smithore MULE to Energy ($50) (Have spare Smithore Module)
Set new Energy MULE to J1
Scan C2

Elbeyon
2014-04-23, 10:18 PM
Walking outside with a acid-proof parasol Zelda stops by each of the shakers places. "Lovely weather we're having. How are things progressing? Are there any concerns we should be having? It does seem like Slim is being rather lazy. Besides from his first month of hard work he seems to have settled in and been doing nothing. Perhaps we should do something about that."

"Wonderful job on putting out that fire btw Tina. It was a shame we still lost all of the supplies but it's good to know that your safe. We might be having a mule shortage though. Perhaps I should start up a mine or two and start helping out the community a little more?"

Why did my production change from last turn? On turn two I produced 8 Energy and this turn I produced 6. I thought I got 8 energy per turn? High Grade Solar (4 energy) + Moderate Grade Solar (3 Energy) + Link bonus (1 Energy) Haha! NVM acid rain!

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-27, 09:36 AM
There's going to be a slight delay in turn processing. I need to modify the way I do some reporting to make things easier on myself, and it will take a little time to review my notes and the thread to get this set up. Probably tomorrow night (Monday)

Elbeyon
2014-04-27, 03:24 PM
Alrighty. Take whatever time you need to get things in order. I can imagine there is a lot of upkeep inbetween the turns. If you could work out a better system for your own sanity. I'm all for that. :smallbiggrin:

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-27, 05:26 PM
Okay, I've double checked a few things, and there are some mistakes I've made. From here on out things will be more consistent (so going forward things should be consistent, but comparing them to previous turns may not add up quite right). This is fairly rare.

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 07:34 AM
If the information isn't sensitive what were the mistakes? Should my new plot be producing more than it did last turn? I knew it! I should clearly be generating 100 energy per turn and have at least three extra one mans.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-28, 09:15 PM
A meteorite has struck B3

Turn 4 - Results

You sold 1 smithore to the store to buy the mining upgrade for your new MULE. You claim H2 and place the MULE there.

Cash: $50
Food: 6 + 4 = 10 (4 will be consumed during turn 5)
Energy: 9 + 3 - 3 = 9 (MULES consumed 3 this turn)
Smithore: 4 + 8 = 12
Plots: G2 E2 G1 H2
Mules: Food MULE (E2) 4 production
Energy MULE (G2) 3 production
Smithore MULE (G1) 4 production
Smithore MULE (H2) 4 production

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

You purchase the energy module and outfit your mule, moving him to a more suitable location. You scan C2, and find it has moderate smithore production.

Cash: $1100
Energy: 1 + 9 = 10 (4 will be consumed on turn 5 by you, each non-energy MULE will require 1 to operate)
Smithore: 2
Plots: G4 H4 G3 J1
MULEs: energy MULE(G4) 4 production
energy MULE (J1) 5 production
Spare smithore module

Zelda (Elbeyon)
Claim J3
You manage to steal an old broken down MULE from slim. You also find slim's body in his hut, flies buzzing around it. He has been dead for some time.

Cash: $450
Energy: 3 + 11 - 2 = 12 (4 required for turn 5. MULEs require 2 energy)
Crystallite: 1 + 6 = 7
Plots: J4 J5 I3 J3
MULEs: Energy MULE (J4) 6 production
Energy MULE (J5) 5 production
Crystallite MULE (I3) 3 production
Crystallite MULE (J3) 3 production
4 Unassigned Unoutfitted MULEs

Turn 5 - Plot Claim
EVENT: Meterorite Strike at B3

The store currently has:
Energy: 10 (Buy: 30 Sell: 200)
M.U.L.E.s: 3 (Buy: 100 Sell: 300)
Smithore: 1 (Buy: 75 Sell 200)
Cash: 51525

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zpsa29d74c4.jpg

Elbeyon
2014-04-28, 09:44 PM
@PhoenixRise Hey. Um, whats going on? You don't seem to be setting up mules... Do you need help with something?

PhoenixRise
2014-04-29, 08:49 AM
Tina replies Thank you for concern. Difficulty maintaining Energy surplus, recovery achieved. Recommence M.U.L.E procurement

Purchase C3
Purchase 2 M.U.L.Es, 1 smithore Mining kit (600+75$ I believe?)
Outfit one with smithore and set to G4, Outfit other with smithore, set to C3
Scan E4 for crystalite

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 09:39 AM
Acid drips off the metal parasol, but a swift shake by Zelda sends it flying off. "Ah, Tina. You stupid! I said I'd provide power for people and I meant it. I would of lent you some at no interest or we could have traded. Didn't you get my message about energy trades; I had so much I sold it to the store for practically nothing."

The angry emoticon drops off her face and is replaced by a frowny one. "Do you need anything at all? If we're going to survive we need to work together. If that means giving you free energy so be it. Do you have enough mules?"

Does it look like its going to take smithore to fix up the busted mule?

russdm
2014-04-29, 01:11 PM
Spoiler: Actions

1) Examine E1 for what it is has
2) Sell Smithore to shop
3) Examine B3 to see if anything showed up, wielding sidearm just in case
4) Claim H1, will later buy a Mule with energy production to place there.

Elbeyon
2014-04-29, 07:40 PM
It's good to see you posting in the thread again!

Claim I5
1) Buy a solar package ($50), install it on an unoutfited mule, and put it to work in I5
2) Survey C2 for Smithore.
3) Survey C3 for Smithore.
4) Survey C4 for Smithore.

tigerusthegreat
2014-04-30, 07:42 PM
You have 24 hours to finalize your actions.

PhoenixRise
E4 has low Crystallite

Elbeyon

The MULE is of an older generation, so it is not possible to fix it up. It is not reliable.

C2 has moderate smithore
C3 has high smithore
C4 has moderate smithore

RussDM

E1 has moderate smithore
B3 has low energy production.
You find the body of Slim, rotting in his hut. He died of starvation at some point.

Elbeyon
2014-04-30, 08:12 PM
Since your working on organizing things I have a suggestion. Perhaps in the turn report you could list the link bonus as well? It might be forgettable since it's not listed in the report.

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-01, 07:20 PM
Since your working on organizing things I have a suggestion. Perhaps in the turn report you could list the link bonus as well? It might be forgettable since it's not listed in the report.

It is listed, just combined with the plot data. I will be sure to break it out when I process this turn (which I am hoping is tonight, but we will see if I can get to it)

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-01, 09:28 PM
The Colony Ship has Returned!

Turn 5 - Results

You sold 12 smithore to the store for $900. You purchased a MULE (300) and outfitted it for energy. You claimed H1.

Cash: $600
Food: 6 + 4 = 10 (4 will be consumed during turn 6)
Energy: 6 + 8 = 14 (MULES consumed 3 this turn)
Smithore: 0 + 8 = 8
Plots: G2 E2 G1 H2 H1
Mules: Food MULE (E2) 4 production
Energy MULE (G2) 3 production
Smithore MULE (G1) 4 production
Smithore MULE (H2) 4 production
Energy MULE (H1) 4 production

Dalek (PhoenixRise)

You purchase 2 MULEs and a smithore package. ($675 total). You sell 2 smithore for $150. You claim C3

Cash: $575
Energy: 4 + 5 = 9 (4 will be consumed on turn 6 by you, each non-energy MULE will require 1 to operate (2 total))
Smithore: 8
Plots: G4 H4 G3 J1 C3
MULEs: energy MULE(G4) 4 production
energy MULE (J1) 5 production
Smithore MULE (G4) 4 production
Smithore MULE (C3) 4 production

Zelda (Elbeyon)

You claim I5, buy an energy package and place your mule there to work it.

Cash: $400
Energy: 8 + 18 = 26 (4 required for turn 6. MULEs require 2 energy)
Crystallite: 7 + 6 = 13
Plots: J4 J5 I3 J3 I5
MULEs: Energy MULE (J4) 5 production + 1 synergy
Energy MULE (J5) 4 production + 2 synergy
Crystallite MULE (I3) 2 production + 1 synergy
Crystallite MULE (J3) 2 production + 1 synergy
Energy MULE (I5) 5 production + 1 synergy
3 Unassigned Unoutfitted MULEs

Turn 6 - Plot Claim
The colony ship has returned!

The store currently has:
Food: 10 (Buy: 10 Sell: 50)
Energy: 20 (Buy: 15 Sell: 75)
M.U.L.E.s: 6 (Buy: 50 Sell: 200)
Smithore: 1 (Buy: 50 Sell 100)
Cash: 51550

The ship is currently buying:
Smithore for $60
Food for $25
Energy for $35
Cyrstallite for $250
Total sold to the ship $0

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm285/tigerus2004/Capture_zps955fb8e6.jpg

The plot I4 has been placed for sale by the Store. It cannot be claimed this turn.
Current minimum bid is $300 (this will be updated occasionally, auction closes in 48 hours).

russdm
2014-05-01, 09:48 PM
Actions:

Buy 2 Mules, give one food processing module, giving mining to other
Examine Plot C2
If producing Crystals then place mining mule
If not, put food mule on plot D2
Sell all smithore to ship that gets produced
Sell 5 energy to ship
Bury Slim as I don't think it would be proper to sell his remains to the ship

Elbeyon
2014-05-01, 10:00 PM
Ok, obviously I4 offers the most potential to me. It'd give me a huge (+4) synergy bonus. Let's try to come up with a deal that doesn't involve throwing lots of money at the store? Maybe some outside trading to keep the minimum bid the maximum bid. What do you guys want? I have the obvious resources of course.

Things of other note:
I have some surveys of the C column.

russdm
2014-05-01, 10:46 PM
I have no interest in that plot because it is a little too far away from most of where my others will be. I see little view in bidding to have it.

I am trying to keep my plots together since it looks more orderly to me. Will we be getting any NPC colonists that we can settle down somewhere or will it just be us continuously?

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-01, 10:53 PM
At the moment there are no plans to have NPCs. I might try to add a couple more players.

Elbeyon
2014-05-01, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I'm keeping my plots pretty orderly too. It looks nice and synergy bonuses are great. If russdm's price isn't too high I'll include you in the trade anyway. There hasn't been enough trading if you ask me! :smallbiggrin:

I wouldn't mind some new players if that's even possible...

I'll open with the minimum bid, $300.

Claim C4
1) Sell 13 Cyrstallite ($3250) to the Ship.
2)
3)
4)

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-06, 10:07 PM
Been a little busy, so will not be updating until tomorrow....everyone has until then to finalize actions.

Elbeyon
2014-05-06, 10:46 PM
I was waiting to get the bidding results before I posted up my actions. Perhaps I could prepare two sets of actions? Knowing how much money I have would affect what I do, I think.

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-06, 11:04 PM
Since nobody has bid against you, you win it at $300 (you still get your normal claim for the turn as well)

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-07, 12:11 AM
After being unable to get further interest in the game, and the real lack of competition, I'm going to close this. It might have worked if I had more players, and I might try again in the future.

Elbeyon
2014-05-07, 12:29 AM
It kinda sucks that there were never really enough people to force us to bump shoulders. It's always fun playing these type of games though. I'll keep an eye out for your future games tigerusthegreat. (I should have jumped on that mutant one, doh!)

russdm
2014-05-07, 12:31 AM
It was fun while it lasted.

tigerusthegreat
2014-05-07, 07:32 AM
It kinda sucks that there were never really enough people to force us to bump shoulders. It's always fun playing these type of games though. I'll keep an eye out for your future games tigerusthegreat. (I should have jumped on that mutant one, doh!)

New players can join that one at any time. I am also starting a new version of it on tge erfworld forums as soon as i get a couple more.players