PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Would like some advice on an illusionist sorcerer

masterjoda99
2014-04-09, 11:45 PM
So, I was brainstorming an idea for a sorcerer who primarily casts illusion spells (but does not overspecialize so as to cripple himself), and while I have a few ideas down, I would like some input on how to make it better.

What I have so far:
-Sage (Wildblooded Arcane) bloodline
-Human race for the more spells bonus
-For spells known, one or two of the "<Insert Adjective Here> Image" spells, possibly Hallucinatory Terrain, and the Shadow Evocation/Conjuration lines

Conceptually, he is a sorcerer who prefers to use illusions and conjurations in battle to direct the flow of combat any way he likes, and also wishes to be able to further blur the line between illusion and reality (think like Izanagi jutsu for those familiar with Naruto), so anything that can make his illusions real with the resulting increased influence over shaping reality is a definite want for him.

grarrrg
2014-04-10, 01:46 AM
So, I was brainstorming an idea for a sorcerer who primarily casts illusion spells (but does not overspecialize so as to cripple himself), and while I have a few ideas down, I would like some input on how to make it better.

What I have so far:
-Sage (Wildblooded Arcane) bloodline
-Human race for the more spells bonus
-For spells known, one or two of the "<Insert Adjective Here> Image" spells, possibly Hallucinatory Terrain, and the Shadow Evocation/Conjuration lines

Conceptually, he is a sorcerer who prefers to use illusions and conjurations in battle to direct the flow of combat any way he likes, and also wishes to be able to further blur the line between illusion and reality (think like Izanagi jutsu for those familiar with Naruto), so anything that can make his illusions real with the resulting increased influence over shaping reality is a definite want for him.

Other than suggesting Veiled Illusionist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/s-z/veiled-illusionist)...