PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 and item drops

Dhavaer
2007-02-06, 03:38 AM
About a minute ago I was playing D2, kicked open a basket and found a unique partizan. I promptly take it back to Cain to have it IDed, and it is easily the most wondrous piece of gear I'd ever seen.

It was called Pierre something, had a base damage of 100-250, or thereabouts, 55% chance of a critical, +185 to attack, and +3 to all barbarian skills. It was fantastic.

Except I was playing an Assassin, so I sold it for a piddling 6000.

What horrible things has the D2 randomiser inflicted upon you?

Invisible Queen
2007-02-06, 04:27 AM
Not a lot since I found out about the PlugY plugin. It gives you a shared stash in single player, so you could put in stuff you find with one character and pick it out with another who can use it.

And also about 4 billion times more stash space. ^_^

Setra
2007-02-06, 04:35 AM
About a minute ago I was playing D2, kicked open a basket and found a unique partizan. I promptly take it back to Cain to have it IDed, and it is easily the most wondrous piece of gear I'd ever seen.

It was called Pierre something, had a base damage of 100-250, or thereabouts, 55% chance of a critical, +185 to attack, and +3 to all barbarian skills. It was fantastic.

Except I was playing an Assassin, so I sold it for a piddling 6000.

What horrible things has the D2 randomiser inflicted upon you?
Why not just give it to a Barb?

Once I got most of the Immortal King Set

After a while I just gave it all away, 'cause I don't like playing Barb.

Dhavaer
2007-02-06, 04:38 AM
Why not just give it to a Barb?

Once I got most of the Immortal King Set

After a while I just gave it all away, 'cause I don't like playing Barb.

If I had Queen's item sharing mod I would. But I don't, so I can't.

Setra
2007-02-06, 04:42 AM
If I had Queen's item sharing mod I would. But I don't, so I can't.
Oh was it single player?

I only play on Bnet.

Dhavaer
2007-02-06, 04:51 AM
Oh was it single player?

I only play on Bnet.

I can't be bothered starting up a new character, and the way it 'skips' bugs me, especially since I play Assassins, where you really need precise timing.

Setra
2007-02-06, 04:54 AM
I can't be bothered starting up a new character, and the way it 'skips' bugs me, especially since I play Assassins, where you really need precise timing.

Honestly, I play a Druid.

I suck with Assassin :smallsigh:

Dhavaer
2007-02-06, 04:59 AM
I could never get into the Druid. It seemed a very unfocussed class, with a bit of direct damage, a bit of melee, and a lot of summoning.
The Assassin is easy for me. Cobra Strike + Dragon Tail + Mind Blast + Death Sentry are fantastic against mobs. Superuniques are a problem, though, although against some you can just constantly summon and resummon Shadow Master.

Penguinizer
2007-02-06, 08:21 AM
Im pretty good with a barbarian or a paladin. Got a pally to level 36 in A-net once. Might start playing again.

AtomicKitKat
2007-02-06, 08:29 AM
I pretty much never played past Nightmare. Immunities in D2 bore the crap out of me. There's a time and a place for immunities. Like in D&D, it's fine. In D2 though, it's a big "Screw you" to the Soreress(especially Fire, and my personal favourite skill Inferno), and part of the reason I pretty much stopped playing.

Morrandir
2007-02-06, 09:18 PM
I have received every single piece for all the class-designed sets except for the Necro's, which I haven't even found 1 of.

Guess which class I play.

Indon
2007-02-07, 10:19 AM
Not a lot since I found out about the PlugY plugin. It gives you a shared stash in single player, so you could put in stuff you find with one character and pick it out with another who can use it.

And also about 4 billion times more stash space. ^_^

This is what I do. Of course, I only play single-player; I'm prone to stop playing B.net for periods lengthy enough for my characters to be deleted, so after the third or so time I gave up on it.

Single-player (or LAN) play also opens you up to all the D2 mods out there that have been made. The game's actually very moddable, or at least, 1.10+ versions are.

Sadly, I don't think there are any more significant D2 modding communities, and all the mods I still have are either of my own creation, or scrounged from sites that no longer update.

tgva8889
2007-02-08, 10:09 PM
Personally, I love Amazons. Wee, 20+ Strafe FTW!

I tend to play online as well, so that way you can more easily get good equipment and trade away unique stuff you don't need for better prices than the shopkeepers provide. Haven't played that game in FOR EVER, though.

Logic
2007-02-09, 08:03 AM
I played on B-Net for a LONG time.
I played that game like most people play WoW.
I preffered the Paladin and the Barbarian TTTT.

Krytha
2007-02-09, 12:35 PM
I used to play D2 much to my own detriment. Hell Mephisto runs were the stupidest thing ever, but it was like an endless loop of crappiness. I did end up having a bunch of 80s chars with good stuff (Doombringer, Stormshield etc.) but then I tried quitting and didn't play for a couple of months... and my characters and all their stuff expired. Yup, not going back ever.

blackout
2007-02-11, 08:52 AM
Had a level 35 barb or somethin like that a few years back. He died ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Krytha
2007-02-11, 06:15 PM
dual leech WW and warcries! And of course, leap attack for when you're screwed.

Dhavaer
2007-02-18, 05:31 AM
Ah... precious shinies. I just got a Rare Circlet with these stats:

+99% Defence
+1 to all Assassin skills
+20 to all resistances
-3 from all magic damage

The most perfect piece of equipment I have ever seen.

Tor the Fallen
2007-02-18, 06:09 AM
Wow, that is really quality.

What version of D2 are you running?

Do you know how to do the rerolls?

Before the last patch, the best recipe in the game was 3 chipped gems + a sword.

You get a level 80-90 character (can't remember optimal level), throw the sword and three chipped gems of any color in the cube, and hit transmute. You then get a magical (blue) sword with three sockets. Cruel Colossus Blades of Quickness, + a shael, shael, Ohm = best weapon ever.

All I ever achieved in rolling up was a Cruel Colossus blade, which I skulled and shaeled. Still, not bad.

My friend had a magic finding barb that dual wielded two blades of ali-bab, each isted. At his level 87, from his two weapons alone, he had 294 magic find.

Dhavaer
2007-02-18, 06:17 AM
Latest version, I think. 1.11 or 1.13, I can't remember exactly.

I do have the reroll recipe, but I think Blizzard changed in the update, and I don't have a current source.

Krytha
2007-02-18, 11:42 PM
Current version is 1.11

Best bets are on rune word weapons. Of course, finding high level runes are a pain in the butt... I always dreamed of finding a superior +ED six socketed thunder maul so I could make a breath of the dying maul for my druid. But.. what are the chances of that happening?

Dhavaer
2007-02-18, 11:47 PM
I think I've only managed to make two Rune Words successfully. Both were very useful.

Krytha
2007-02-19, 03:01 PM
So are the item upgrade recipies. If you found something neat in normal difficulty but are having a very hard time in nightmare (the difficulty jump IS huge), it's a pretty simple matter to upgrade the weapon to something you COULD find in Nightmare but... wont... ever...

I upgraded my bonesnap maul from a normal weapon to an exceptional weapon with the help of a PEmerald, a sol rune and... an eth rune? and then I could actually fight some of the guys there! I doubt its worth it for Hell though, unless you have something like shaftstop and too many high level runes lying around (unlikely...)

Dhavaer
2007-02-19, 03:54 PM
My stash is half full of runes, I need some way to get rid of the things... although I could just sell them off, I'm unlikely to ever use them.

Krytha
2007-02-19, 08:05 PM
My stash is half full of runes, I need some way to get rid of the things... although I could just sell them off, I'm unlikely to ever use them.

What runes are they? All runes can be transmuted into other runes (except for Zod) so if you have like 300 el runes, they can be turned into 100 eld runes which can be turned into 33 eth runes or whatever's next. Basically, 3 low level runes + cube = 1 rune of the next grade, 3 medium level runes + cube + certain type of gem = 1 higher rune and 2-3 upper level runes + certain type of gem = 1 higher all the way up to Zod. So don't sell them, save em up! Runes give you better bonuses so even if you don't make a killer rune word you can socket them into something you really want boosted with Larzuk's socket quest and make something extra neat.

Inarius
2007-02-19, 08:39 PM
ATMA is a good muling program if you ever wind up with an item your char cant use but another one of yours could. Basically it allows you to open your characters inventories and stashes and allows you to transfer items between them.

Dhavaer
2007-02-20, 02:19 AM
What runes are they? All runes can be transmuted into other runes (except for Zod) so if you have like 300 el runes, they can be turned into 100 eld runes which can be turned into 33 eth runes or whatever's next. Basically, 3 low level runes + cube = 1 rune of the next grade, 3 medium level runes + cube + certain type of gem = 1 higher rune and 2-3 upper level runes + certain type of gem = 1 higher all the way up to Zod. So don't sell them, save em up! Runes give you better bonuses so even if you don't make a killer rune word you can socket them into something you really want boosted with Larzuk's socket quest and make something extra neat.

I've been doing that, which is why it's only partly full of runes. Similar thing with the gems.

Aidan305
2007-02-20, 05:22 AM
I know what you mean. I can go to my stash right now and find roughly 15 gems, three spaces taken up by my backup weapon, and the rest is runes.

Krytha
2007-02-20, 12:48 PM
I've been doing that, which is why it's only partly full of runes. Similar thing with the gems.

well you can toss the gems to free up space. In nightmare and hell practically anything you find is flawless or perfect, so unless you were saving them for... something KUH-RAYZEE!!! which I can't imagine right now... you don't really need them except that theyre pretty.

Dhavaer
2007-02-20, 01:45 PM
well you can toss the gems to free up space. In nightmare and hell practically anything you find is flawless or perfect, so unless you were saving them for... something KUH-RAYZEE!!! which I can't imagine right now... you don't really need them except that theyre pretty.

Everytime I get a Perfect of each I make a Prismatic Amulet, hoping it will be better than my current one.

Thes Hunter
2007-02-21, 11:23 AM
You know the other day while playing Angband, I was struck with the overwhelming desire to play Diablo I again.

I sucked at that game. I don't know why I never realized that is it was just a graphical Angband, and that I needed to use Angband strategies on that.

However, I do not believe Diablo I will run on OS X.

I should power up Diablo II again... but I don't know. I think I played that game to death. But maybe now that I actually have a real graphics card, it won't suck so much when I play on Battlenet.

Where my frame rate would drop to 2 a sec because some druid with 50 million animals would always join in on my fights, and then grab all the good stuff before I could even see it.

Also back in the day, playing on Battlenet became a bit unseemly to me because it seemed I only ran into nasty attitude players who used every cheat available, and the whole thing just put me off a bit.

Maybe I will play again.... since Angband is fun, but I can only stare at a little @ symbol for so long. :smallcool:

Charity
2007-02-23, 09:40 AM
Thes, go get a copy of Titan Quest (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65819), it's really like Diablo.

I am proper addicted to it, lucky the family is away in France for the half term, else I'd be in deep disgrace by now.

Thes Hunter
2007-02-24, 03:09 PM
Thes, go get a copy of Titan Quest (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65819), it's really like Diablo.

I am proper addicted to it, lucky the family is away in France for the half term, else I'd be in deep disgrace by now.

Titan Quest seems interesting, however, I can't tell what platform it runs on. Is it Playstation 2(which I have) or PC (which I don't)?

Also who here on the forums are still playing Diablo II on Battlenet? If people are playing I might be convinced to dust the game off again. :smallwink:

Teh_Jakester
2007-02-24, 03:35 PM
I used to alot more before my computer got a virus, and I had to wipe it's memory.
Now I have to start over with a lousy Level 1 Barbarian, instead of my Awesome one.
Maybe I'll be something else...
Paladin, maybe.

Krytha
2007-02-24, 04:49 PM
I used to alot more before my computer got a virus, and I had to wipe it's memory.
Now I have to start over with a lousy Level 1 Barbarian, instead of my Awesome one.
Maybe I'll be something else...
Paladin, maybe.

Well, if you played on Bnet, your character would've been stored on their servers and then it wouldnt matter how many viruses you got. But some people like playing alone... which you can still do...

Aidan305
2007-02-24, 06:33 PM
I still play on battlenet though I'm only usually online weekends due to not having the right sort of connection during the week.

Charity
2007-02-24, 07:48 PM
Titan Quest seems interesting, however, I can't tell what platform it runs on. Is it Playstation 2(which I have) or PC (which I don't)?

Also who here on the forums are still playing Diablo II on Battlenet? If people are playing I might be convinced to dust the game off again. :smallwink:

It's on the PC sorry Thes.
I haven't played Diablo II for... well a long time, I think I've still got it here somewhere...*searchs in cupboard* yup it's still there.

Krytha
2007-02-25, 07:36 PM
I just recently re-installed it after letting my characters go the way of all flesh. New characters, slightly new builds, no equipment.

Thes Hunter
2007-02-25, 10:59 PM
Ok, I played a bit last night, and Trog seems to want to play, and I may be hooked again. :smallbiggrin:

If people want to play together PM me or Trog and we will work out some time. However, I am likely to do TCP/IP games because I have an extreme dislike of losing my characters if I just happen to forget to log in every 30 days or so. Which since I will play a game for a bit and then not for a while, happens all the time.

Even when I was regularly playing Battle.net, I had to restart my 75th or so level characters several times just because I wouldn't play the game for 30 days or so for various reasons, like having a life.

Krytha
2007-02-27, 07:40 PM
I play on USEast ladder