PDA

View Full Version : Jousting for the hearts- Playground's Virtual Valentine Tournament

Pages : [1] 2 3

faerwain
2007-02-06, 07:50 AM
It's a beautiful sunny day. A light wind blows. The Jousting area is ready and decorated with colourful flags. Bards and jugglers have entertained the audience, but now they stopped and are looking towards the main tribune in expectation.

The sounds of trumpets let fly up a huge amount of birds from the near forest. From the tribune to the speaker platform comes forward a full armoured knight in a wheelchair, enthusiastically greeted by the crowd. His faithfull German Shepherd by his side carries a scepter in his mouth.
The Knight enters the platform.
"Hear Ye, Hear ye, Lords 'n' Ladies, Gods and Quadruplets, Demons and Entities of the Kingdom o' the Playground! It was brought the word, that in the distant, mystery Kingdom o' Reality, there shall be a day soon, where people shall celebrate their love or summon mocking on those who do. As shut as we keep our gates towards this strange realm at normal times*applaus, "hear, hear!","for good reason!" and laughter from the crowd*
,we will celebrate this day in a fashion pleasing our customs.
I hereby open the tournament to win the hearts of the lovely ladies blessing our lands in a good chivalric fashion and be rewarded with a VIRTUAL VALENTINE!!"
*frenetic applaus*

In this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34030) the idea of Virtual Valentine came up(Amotis is to blame) and soon started into fighting over them.
Now I decided to give you a chance to get your VV.
At the moment, this is my rough idea: suggestions, ideas and maybe co-narrating welcome:

-Female playgrounders who want their Playground knights fighting for their favor please post or send me a PM. I'll present the tribune with the noble ladies to the audience(new entries always possible)

-Male playgrounders who want to tournament state via post or (preferable) PM for whom they fight.

-(Before I get lynched: I wanted to keep it the traditional way: The knights fighting for the fair ladies. However, if you do insist, we can make a fight between ladies too, but I would prefer not for sake of thread's clarity)

-Contestants can state their willingness to tjost even when there is no Lady on the tribune. The fight begins once a new VV enters. In this case, the Lady get's the choose who she will favor. If this contestant loses, bad luck for both, and the Lady stays on the tribune(if she wants). She can of course declare to not choose and wait for the outcome of the Tjost.

-Fights are between 2 or 3 contestants. Higher numbers fight in pairs, K.O.System will be used. You either: PM me with 3 Rock Paper Scissor choices or trust me to play out an RPG combat at my home. I will use characters with equal stats for that.(For the record: not D&D, but DSA sytem. If I include special attacks, I'll inform you about how to handle it). In both cases, the outcome will be presented to the audience via a description of the fight by me. But you are welcome to provide me with any silly talk and actions you want to perform in the Tjosting.

-Though I am the patron of the tournament, I'll reserve my right to contest also. :smallwink: (If there are doubts I would be fair, my fight could be rolled out by another forum member.)

-Only one VV per person.

-VV's are expected to show this on Valentine's day(or longer if you want): Carry the Lady's colours in the sig, giving each other virtual presents, and so on..)

And now: Waiting for the Ladies to enter.

EDIT: See Post #15 for the current entries and introductions

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-02-06, 07:59 AM
*Death gets on his dark knight suit*

http://tinyurl.com/24gzbt

Here Ms Elaneous, here Ms Elaneous.

*Death leaves out some roses on some Death note Episodes as bait*

Krursk
2007-02-06, 08:04 AM
hmm, Tjosting? Must be some new sport. Oh, well, easy way to earn a little gold

Krursk sets up a bookeeping stall, with the following odds
Death, your friend the Reaper vs Himself

1:1 on Death winning

((hey, it's just my way of creating more insanity within this thread))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-06, 08:11 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/mse/pink2.gif
Appearing from off stage, Ms Elaneous walks onto the scene in a resplendant pink dress. Her nose is upturned into the air. "Like I would come to that sort of calling." She then realizes she did indeed come. "Oh, snap. . . OH! Pretty roses!" Ms E follows the roses straight into Death. "Um... oops."

(The Death Note episodes were discreetly sweeped off the stage by a humble servant and into a bag for later viewing.)

faerwain
2007-02-06, 08:19 AM
Ahh, bad luck...I can't really fight against the very first candidate as host, can I? :smallwink:

Btw, that's a good occasion. To all:
Tell me if you want to be introduced a special way. In general, if I know the Lady/Knight has a permanent (Town)character, like Death and Ms_E, I keep to that, otherwise I just say what I think fits. If you want to be your town character, but your personality in other forums is different please tell me. And keep in mimd that I'm not yet participating in the Town.

2007-02-06, 08:21 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/mse/pink2.gif
Appearing from off stage, Ms Elaneous walks onto the scene in a resplendant pink dress. Her nose is upturned into the air. "Like I would come to that sort of calling." She then realizes she did indeed come. "Oh, snap. . . OH! Pretty roses!" Ms E follows the roses straight into Death. "Um... oops."

(The Death Note episodes were discreetly sweeped off the stage and into a bag for later viewing by a humble servant.)

Ah, my Lady *Death gives a chilling kiss on her hand, stopping when she starts to turn slightly blue (giving her an overall purple appearance), where he bows before the lovely Lady looking pretty in pink and other alliterations*

I would swim to the end of the earth's for you, ride through trans dimensional rifts, mug some billionaire in a Wayne manor if you will allow me the honour to fight in this tournament for you.

*Death gives a bow, and hopes his squire reads the rules*

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-06, 08:24 AM
I'm in, but there is one slight problem. My love does not use these forums, so it kinda defeats the purpose.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-06, 08:25 AM
((*blink*

I'm not sure if I will enter. Watching seems like it will be amusing, though. I'll think about it.

How would one fit a dragon in anyway? Even my half-dragon form (which is what I use in werewolf and paranoia) wears armour and carries a huge sword.))

faerwain
2007-02-06, 08:35 AM
Yay, managed 6 posts before it got complicated! :smalltongue:

Just kidding, we get everything solved here.

EK: Choice is up to you then. You may pick up a Lady nevertheless, or I will list you as a "Free-Lance" who is willing to fight for the Lady who chooses him.

DLD: Depends on if you want to be on the Laydy's tribune or fight.
But either choice, trust me to find a way.

Khantalas
2007-02-06, 08:37 AM
I seek a nobwe wadee to devode my heawt to.

Takews?

Zar Peter
2007-02-06, 08:46 AM
Zar Peter enters the tjosting area.

I´m in. And I want to fight this bandaged German knight if I may.
Looking at DLD
Oh, a mighty female dragon? I will win this fight in honour of your beautiness
Zar Peter bows and walks to the queue of contestants

(v come on, I´m a gnome, I can only kick him when he is down :) )

2007-02-06, 08:52 AM
...fight this bandaged German knight...

That's right, get them when they are down!

But remember, never kick a man when he is down-

-unless you are sure he won't get back up.

mikeejimbo
2007-02-06, 09:00 AM
The inane, insane, and slightly evil Jester mikeejimbo wishes to enter the combat. He grins a chilling and mirthless smile. He speaks, voice dripping with cynicism and depression:

"None dare to care for the great mikeejimbo, but I wish to fight for whomever shall have me."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-06, 09:05 AM
Ah, my Lady *Death gives a chilling kiss on her hand, stopping when she starts to turn slightly blue (giving her an overall purple appearance), where he bows before the lovely Lady looking pretty in pink and other alliterations*

I would swim to the end of the earth's for you, ride through trans dimensional rifts, mug some billionaire in a Wayne manor if you will allow me the honour to fight in this tournament for you.

*Death gives a bow, and hopes his squire reads the rules*

Ms E gives what would appear to be a nod. This might have been due to the shock of the kiss of Death, however, as she starts to fall back into the arms of Death. She does this with grace and style, seeing as a princess gets an automatic 10 ranks in Perform: Swoon.

(Yes, it is a yes. :smallwink:)

faerwain
2007-02-06, 09:22 AM
"Alas, my good Zar Peter, reigning this tournament I shall not see it fit at this early state with contestants just arriving to fight myself. Of course, your honourable challenge is not turned down. We will have our contest, may it be for the favour of stunning Miss Dragon or as a special duel later to show the audience true knighthood."

"So well, dearest Lady Darklight, a fighter for you has arrived, and with most noble manners. Do you accept his offer and take your place at the tribune?"

*trumpets*
"Hear!! The first ones have raised their words! At this moment, we have here:

On the Lady's Tribune: 3'3'' of pure grace, the lovely Ms Elanous! With stunning elegance and a golden heart will she grace our arena to see the noble's fight for her honour!

The magnificient balance of power and beauty, a symbol of nobility and strength, as magical as shiny, the distinctive DarkLightDragon!

On the next seat, the Lady that gives reason to a knight's life, our noble Damsel in Distress, the beautiful Empress Gezina! Bright as the dawn, she would in fact not need her deadly alchemist powders to make us all addicted!!

The representation of nature's beauty, stunning like an endless forest, wiht the passion and the grace of a tiger, the Flower in the Playground, Lady Gwen!

Right beside her, worshipped by uncountable people, sweeter as the best pudding and shinier as the brightest jewel, the gem of our realm, precious Alarra!

Coming directly from the bridge to our tribune, combining the wit and courage of an experienced mariner with the beauty of a siren, the Opal of the Oceans, stunning Ceika!

Fighting for Ms E: The Dark Noble, He-who-will-always-win-in-the-end, The Man with the many identities and yet The Only One: Death himself!

The warrior who is no stranger to dire straits, Mighty Crusher of Vile Tomatoes, who plays cricket with the critters: Charity!!
Winner of the this duel: Charity
Fighting for DarkLightDragon: Descending to us from the high mountains of his homeland, small in body, but that great in courage to throw the gauntlet at this tjosting's Lord, he will fight with his mighty staff and perfectly courtly manners: Zar Peter!

With sharp tongue and swift blade, experienced traveller and fearless vagabond of the Seven Seas, he is here to challenge the warriors and charm the ladies: Silkenfist!

His armour dark as his courage bright, combining the nobility of the Elves with the deadly power of the Black Arts, his Scythe coming down like a lightning from the foreboding sky, Sauros!
Winner of this duel: Zar Peter, but still challenged by Graklok -Winner: Graklok
Fighting for Gezina: Well-known warrior of the W,skilled in tongue and sword, ready to overcome any obstacles for the hand of his lady, the brave Kanthalas!

From the Castle o' Cybernetika, Master of Mechanics, a mind of genius and a body of steel, his control of the battlefiel nearly as complete as his control of his machine minions, the unstoppable Lord Magtok

Fighting for Lady Gwen: An unbreakable wall of defense for his Lady's name, with the chivalry of a noble knight and the pure hardiness of a mountain, the rock on the battlefield, Brickwall!

With the same flaming passion that makes him Master of the Battlefield he engages himself to the honour of his Lady Chosen. His refreshing attitude never covers the raw power of his fighting skills, the noble force of nature, Deathcow!
Winner of this duel: Brickwall
Fighting for Alarra: The man of the beginning, first around and noblest of all, his love for beauty and hatred for clothing legendary, he will once again become the Idol of the Ladies and the Terror of his opponents, the Knudist Knight, Indurain!

With the Nobility of a true admirer of beauty, he has the Courage to face any obstacle and the Wisdom to overcome it, wielding his Plumb Line of Peril for the honour of his Lady, TheChris!

Fighting for Ceika: The Souvereign of Swashbucklers, he honours his Lady with the true passion of a Buccaneer and fights for her with sabres more furious than a Typhoon, the famed and feared El Jaspero!

The true Personification of Knighthood, armed with Valor and holding the banner of Chivalry, he will stand his opponents with Skill and Might, the fearless Raistlin1040!

At the Tribune of the Free Lances: Fighting for the universal concept of beauty and grace, these brave fighters will gladly take up the lance for every fair lady who wishes them to.

Wielding the bright flamed scimitar and the dark power of blackest magic, he combines fearsome forces for the honour of the chosen Lady, elegant and deadly, Eldritch Knight!

From the realms of humor, close to the borders of madness, wielding his sturdy Jester's sceptre, his Jester's Wisdom and his sharp wit, joking about his opponents but taking the vow to his Lady serious, the undescribable mikejimbo!

Entering this sunny realm from the darkest corners of the night, he will bring black clouds of fear to his enemies, and yet bows before the bright beauty of our ladies, the undefeated Darius Midnite !

Green at skin and noble at heart, he will fight for his chosen lady with the traditional courage of a thousands of year old warrior race, enemies tremble where his Trenchcoat of Terror walks the battlefield, bearer of the Scare-Inducing Sombrero, Lord Fullbladder!

With the manners of a Cavalier and the brainpower of an Alchemist, bringing carnivorish fury upon his foes, The Ladies' Lycanthrope, Lykan!

Fearless Tamer of Dragons, Master of Animals and Arcane Arts, he will enforce the natural selection of his combatants for his chosen Lady, Weebl!

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-06, 09:38 AM
That's right, get them when they are down!

But remember, never kick a man when he is down-

-unless you are sure he won't get back up.
((I find this funny!

Ah, I'll join!))

*DLD looks at the knight in the wheelchair as a question is asked*

"I do indeed accept this offer, knight," DLD replies. She looks around the area and observes the others for a little while.

Charity
2007-02-06, 10:05 AM
Wearing what can only be described as an oversized Heinz Beans can with holes roughly hewn in it for his appendages, Charity arrives atop the largest warhorse there has ever been. It gouges chips from the flagstones the size of dinner plates and showers sparks causing several small brush fires in it's wake.
His banner proclaims proudly 'Beanz Meanz Heinz'
armed only with a colossal cricket bat he points at Death
"C'mon then pal, you've been askin for this fer a while"

*He bows his head to the Lady*
"M'Lady"
*Does a Bruce Lee style beckon to Death*

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-06, 10:40 AM
I'll go freelance, because I know to whom my heart belongs.

((And I hate that I always seem to go sappy like this...))

Brickwall
2007-02-06, 03:08 PM
*Brickwall enters the arena, with only a sword and a smile*

And a suit of armor, you perverts!

"For your distraction or your love, my fair ladies of the Playground, I fight!"

*cheering sounds raise from nowhere as he raises his sword*

"But for one especially do I fight, for a fighter herself, She Who Slays Egos! Should the fair lady not accept, I will need a new introductory speech, and will be heartbroken!"

InaVegt
2007-02-06, 03:15 PM
I'm in need of a knight to help me defend a noble cause, those of value can stand up and defend my country against the horrors. The price of the one who will defend me is my hand.

An elf with stunning beaty says as she floats down from the heavens, a bag labeled anthrax on her back.

What can I say, I'm a shapeshifter. Who will fight for me, Gezina?

Indurain
2007-02-06, 03:25 PM
Indurain steps forward wearing only a smile.

Not even a suit of armour!!

"There are many ladies who's honour I would gladly fight for. If any of these ladies wishes to see my fight in their name, I will throw my gaun...er...my crown into the ring." (Gwen, Alarra, Libris, Ceika)

Silkenfist
2007-02-06, 03:43 PM
DLD: If I were to propose to you, would I have to slay fair maidens in order to prove my valor and fortitude? Just want to be clear on the rules before I do anything hasty

Khantalas
2007-02-06, 03:46 PM
I'm in need of a knight to help me defend a noble cause, those of value can stand up and defend my country against the horrors. The price of the one who will defend me is my hand.

An elf with stunning beaty says as she floats down from the heavens, a bag labeled anthrax on her back.

What can I say, I'm a shapeshifter. Who will fight for me, Gezina?

Youw gwace a-mazes mew, mee wadee. Mee heawt is youws, if you wiww have it. I wiww fight the bowdes' and stwonges' wawiow in youw name.

Silkenfist
2007-02-06, 04:19 PM
A man wearing nothing but a bright red vest and green pants strolls towards the tournament place. In his belt, a shining rapier is firmly tucked. The rapier wags back and forth as the man mocks the slow steady pace of the knights in full plate around him.
“Oh, it seems I am not properly equipped. Can someone hand me a can opener?” he yells to the audience. He tries to taunt the knights some more, than leaps upon the fence before the tribune. He tries to balance himself as casually as possible, while speaking up. “Noble Lady, I beg you: Hear my request.” He leaps down and walks towards the tribune. “Let me enter the fray to fight for your honor and your amusement. Let my faith be my armor and my valor be my shield.” He stops and kneels before the mighty half-dragon. “Oh mighty dragon: Let me fight for your…” He stops for a moment, failing to remember the exact physiology of half-dragons. He peeks up briefly, then continues. “your hand. Grant me the honor to fight for your hand”

He remains kneeled down, presenting his rapier on his outstretched arms and hopes that his fake mustache is not noticed by the Lady.

Alarra
2007-02-06, 04:24 PM
Alarra wanders in, already having a valentine, but curious as to how this works, and also wondering how many people can fight over one person....

mikeejimbo
2007-02-06, 04:53 PM
The inane jester strokes his chin thoughtfully, looking at the ragtag contestants.

"This should be fun, anyway," he remarks, and hopes he wins. For if he wins, no one gets a fair lady's hand! He is the tragic clown, spreading sadness.

TheChris
2007-02-06, 05:17 PM
TheChris looks very uncomfortable when he looks around. Taking a look at his suit he says, "Huh....I guess they weren't lying about the armor part....I thought they were just joking about the suit of armor...." Letting out a long sigh he looks over at Alarra and then around, "So uh....how do I go about fighting for you, darling?"

2007-02-06, 05:23 PM

Ms E gives what would appear to be a nod. This might have been due to the shock of the kiss of Death, however, as she starts to fall back into the arms of Death. She does this with grace and style, seeing as a princess gets an automatic 10 ranks in Perform: Swoon.

(Yes, it is a yes. :smallwink:)

*Death quickly catches her and stares into her eyes, which, must be said is rather unsettling as Ms Elaneous stares back into two pits of vast emptiness*

My La-

Wearing what can only be described as an oversized Heinz Beans can with holes roughly hewn in it for his appendages, Charity arrives atop the largest warhorse there has ever been. It gouges chips from the flagstones the size of dinner plates and showers sparks causing several small brush fires in it's wake.
His banner proclaims proudly 'Beanz Meanz Heinz'
armed only with a colossal cricket bat he points at Death
"C'mon then pal, you've been askin for this fer a while"

*He bows his head to the Lady*
"M'Lady"
*Does a Bruce Lee style beckon to Death*

*Also off a sudden Death notices that someone else comes, he drops Ms Elaneous in surprise, but luckily snatches her up before she gets her cloths dirty and places her carefully to the side.*

Ah, an opponent, with a, um...unorthodox weapon of choice.

*Death picks up his sword, as it slides out of the scabbard with lightning speed it cuts the air slightly.*

I am afraid I have not a cricket bat in my arsenal good knight, but this shall have to do.

*Death swings it a bit as a thunderclaps in the background followed by a lightning strike after he struck a pose. ((Luckily Mother Nature loses at poker a lot))*

I normally save it for nobility, but for you I shall make an exception. :smallamused:

Saurous
2007-02-06, 05:31 PM
*Saurous steps into the arena, bearing black, leather armor. He wields a black scythe.*

Sweet.

Indurain
2007-02-06, 05:37 PM
Indurain steps towards TheChris.

"Mr. TheChris. While I fully respect your position with the Lady Alarra, I must stand forward and judge your worth. The lady is truly a treasure among the vast deserts of the Playground, and if you wish to claim such a jewel you will have to go through me first."

Indurain nods back to Alarra.

"And since you seem uncomfortable with the idea of armour, I must admit I am as well. Shall we make this an unarmoured duel? I wouldn't wish to hurt you, just as you (I hope) would not wish to harm me. Perhaps an agreement could be reached?"

2007-02-06, 05:41 PM
^((I would like to say any suggestions of mud wrestling will be dealt with quickly))

Zar Peter
2007-02-06, 05:51 PM
“Oh, it seems I am not properly equipped. Can someone hand me a can opener?” he yells to the audience. He tries to taunt the knights some more, than leaps upon the fence before the tribune. He tries to balance himself as casually as possible, while speaking up. “Noble Lady, I beg you: Hear my request.” He leaps down and walks towards the tribune. “Let me enter the fray to fight for your honor and your amusement. Let my faith be my armor and my valor be my shield.” He stops and kneels before the mighty half-dragon. “Oh mighty dragon: Let me fight for your…” He stops for a moment, failing to remember the exact physiology of half-dragons. He peeks up briefly, then continues. “your hand. Grant me the honor to fight for your hand”

Zar Peter steps forward to the tribune where DarkLightDragon rests, only wearing a dark cloak and very expensive looking boots.

Dear mighty dragon, It´s such an honour that you will watch the fight! Oh poor me foreigener, I´m lacking the words to express my happiness

Then he turns to Silkenfist, who his kneeling in front of DLD

So noble Silkenfist, if our mighty knight Faerwain will save his powers for leading this turnier, what about a fight between us, for the honour of the mighty dragon? For me, you don´t need a can opener.

Darius Midnite
2007-02-06, 05:55 PM
Darius appears in a cloud of dark shadow tendrils, and the sunny day seems to darken around him. "This should prove entertaining to watch, but I might just jump in if the opportunity arrives..." He mumbles to himself while being slightly blinded by the light from the sun. He walks over to a seat and sits down, waiting for a lady to fight for.

Silkenfist
2007-02-06, 05:56 PM
Silkenfist glances at Zar Peter, then gets up and tucks the rapier in his belt again, happy for an excuse to do so. That thing had become heavy...

"Dear Sir, I will be glad to follow your invitation, albeit it will be up to the Lady to permit this fight."

He tries to bend his knees a little to lower himself in front of the sitting half-dragon, trying to hold back a sneeze. Maybe the mustache was not a good idea...

Saurous
2007-02-06, 05:57 PM
*Saurous walks over to the tribune where DLD rests. He bows*

Perhaps a battle of three? I may not be a noble knight, but I am capable of fighting for purposes such as this.

*He turns to Silkenfist and Zar*

Would you mind if I were to join this bout?

Zar Peter
2007-02-06, 05:58 PM
((Damn, simud))

Zar Peter nods

I would be proud of winning a fight against two opponents. Let us wait for the decission of the Lady

faerwain
2007-02-06, 06:05 PM
I fully agree with Death. Please restrict yourselves to fighting styles I dare to describe :smalltongue:

Announcement: -In some minutes, you should see the introduction speech edited and fully updated. New entries get a new post.
- I will send PMs out to Death and Charity, if no new contestant for Ms E arrives until Wednesday 5pm whatever-this-strange-time-is-everyone-refers-to(11 pm GMT+1) the fight takes place. If there arrives a contestant, it will be a 3-man fight. 2 or more, we're fighting pairs starting with death and Charity.
- Forget Rocks+Scissors, I will roll out fights at home. Contestants get explanations PM'ed.

-Problem: Besides the time zone issues, I will be away from Friday 8th to Monday 12th (back online Monday evening). Possibilities: I try to work everything up when I return. Could get stressy, but I'll try my best.
We make our Playground Valentine's Day and announce it some days later.
(could get really confusing for new members when we mix it with Gender Bender Week.:smallbiggrin: )
Somebody fills in for me.
Suggestions welcome.

-I bet no more than 36 hours until someone made a VV sign. Contra bets?

Selrahc
2007-02-06, 06:09 PM
-Problem: Besides the time zone issues, I will be away from Friday 8th to Monday 12th (back online Monday evening). Possibilities: I try to work everything up when I return. Could get stressy, but I'll try my best.
We make our Playground Valentine's Day and announce it some days later.
(could get really confusing for new members when we mix it with Gender Bender Week. )
Somebody fills in for me.
Suggestions welcome.

If you need some help running the thing, I'll give you a hand.

(The tournament runners squire :smallsmile: )

Lord Magtok
2007-02-06, 06:13 PM
Youw gwace a-mazes mew, mee wadee. Mee heawt is youws, if you wiww have it. I wiww fight the bowdes' and stwonges' wawiow in youw name.

Lord Magtok, cyborg master of all constructs, and master of villain cliches enters the tournament grounds.

Khantalas, I remember the epic battle fought in Shizuka's thead. I didn't get the chance to properly execute you. For the hand of Gezina, but mostly the chance to humiliate an old archrival, I challenge you.

TheChris
2007-02-06, 06:14 PM
Indurain steps towards TheChris.

"Mr. TheChris. While I fully respect your position with the Lady Alarra, I must stand forward and judge your worth. The lady is truly a treasure among the vast deserts of the Playground, and if you wish to claim such a jewel you will have to go through me first."

Indurain nods back to Alarra.

"And since you seem uncomfortable with the idea of armour, I must admit I am as well. Shall we make this an unarmoured duel? I wouldn't wish to hurt you, just as you (I hope) would not wish to harm me. Perhaps an agreement could be reached?"

TheChris looks over his challenger "Huh....you are a very odd looking person, I will give you that. It's not that I have an aversion to armor. I just....well....I think I was less than informed about this." There is a moment of pause as he seems to be thinking very hard about the situation.

"We could play chess!" He motions to a case off to the side, "I brought my chess set! That doesn't hurt and I'm good at chess!"

Deathcow
2007-02-06, 06:14 PM
*Deathcow enters the arena, armed with sturdy quarterstaff and shirt of chainmail.*

Due to the confusing and impersonal nature of the Internet, I know not which of you be male or female, but I shall fight for any lady in need of a champion! I shall dance rings around these fools with their heavy armor and unwieldy swords, and come out the victor!

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-06, 06:16 PM
I don't suppose I could fight for my nameless lady*, could I?

*Well, she does have a name, but as she's not a member of these forums, she is in effect, nameless here.

Khantalas
2007-02-06, 06:19 PM
Iw mee wadee Gezina wets me, Lowd Mag-gok, I wiww accept youw chawenge.

Brickwall
2007-02-06, 06:28 PM
It seems that the lady of my naming has declined my offer. Very well! I shall await a lady or an open challenger, whoever does come first. Quiver before my sword, all of you!
I TOTALLY intended that double entendre.

faerwain
2007-02-06, 06:31 PM
@Selrahc. Great, thanks a lot, I will see that I get up to date with all and get back to you the next two days. You taking over for the weekend would be best solution for all, I think
@ Eldritch: The problem I see is that you need a contestant fighting you for her. (who would then announce her as her VV in case you lose). Besides that, I have no objection, though I find it of course most fun if we fight over the playground ladies.
@ Zar, Sauros, Silken: Noted, if I don't hear objections from DLD, 3-man-melee it is.

"Well, my dearest Sirs, though it honours you not to want to harm other noble men, I shall remind you that we are here to show compassion to the fair ladies. Playing some kind of board game over her hand might maybe not show real willingness to take a risk for her. I fear neither the lovely Lady Alarra nor the excited audience might fully feel appreciated, especially as we are fighting duels of honour here, which will not be to the death.(No offense to you, Sir Reaper.)
May you be strictly against fighting each other on tjosting ground, a bard's duel with music and poetry might be a more courtly solution. The decision is yours, nevertheless What say you?"

Deathcow
2007-02-06, 07:04 PM
Good Sir Brickwall, I would duel you myself, 'twere it not for the fact that I would be unable to participate in the challenge for some fair lady's hand.

Ladies? Two guys, right here, ready to slug it out for whomever wishes it... any takers?

TheChris
2007-02-06, 07:12 PM
Blinking for a few moments TheChris turns, "Wait....so playing a classic court game of strategy involving war is unacceptable but poems and songs is taking a risk that the audience will enjoy?" He raises an incredulous eyebrow for a moment. Then looks over at Indy, "I think she's actually serious....uh....well...any suggestions from you?"

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-02-06, 07:26 PM
El Jaspero, the Dread Pirate Knight...thing...steps to the field, clashing his cutlass on his shield.

"Sir TheChris!" he cries. "The hand of fair Alarra I will not fight you for, as she is yours by all rights."

He turns to the crowd and waves his saber. "Now! What fool will challenge me for the favor of Lady Ceika? Come forward, varlets!"

Lykan
2007-02-06, 07:31 PM
*Lykan enters, sitting and waiting for the oppertunity to fight for one of the fine ladies of the GITP*

TheChris
2007-02-06, 07:33 PM
El Jaspero, the Dread Pirate Knight...thing...steps to the field, clashing his cutlass on his shield.

"Sir TheChris!" he cries. "The hand of fair Alarra I will not fight you for, as she is yours by all rights."

He turns to the crowd and waves his saber. "Now! What fool will challenge me for the favor of Lady Ceika? Come forward, varlets!"

To say that TheChris' eyes grew wide in fear at the sight of the mighty pirate kind would be quite the understatement. One would think it impossible for him to become any paler than before but somehow he managed the feat.

Upon hearing the words of the mighty Pirate the color returns to his face, "Oh....phew....dodged that saber...."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-06, 07:39 PM
Sir Raistlin the Brave enters the arena
El Jaspero! You are a strong and feared warrior. I respect that beyond thought. But I will step up and take you on for the favor of the fair Lady Ceika. All that is left to say is may the better fighter take the hand of the fair Lady. Assuming she has no objections?
He turns to Lady Ceika

faerwain
2007-02-06, 07:47 PM
((Okay, you are still beating me at update speed...(not that i complain, I already have fun seeing that there seems to be sympathy for my idea)
@ TheChris: But a song is better heard than a chess game watched, think about the poor people on the cheap seats back.:smallwink: Still choice is yours But I insist on me being male. (she's serious, geez...)
@Lykan: I understand right that you want to be a freelance and not chose a lady yourself?
@ Ms_E:Absolutely! We are in dire need of Ladies:smallbiggrin:
I'd be also cool if Ceika would join the tribune and formally accepts the offers, as with Alarra and DLD('though I guess they have no objection against the additional contestants). ))

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-06, 07:48 PM
Point taken, I'll just watch then.

Saurous
2007-02-06, 07:49 PM
((I have a question. Are these bouts going to be standard, by-the-book D&D type battles, or something else? Nevermind. I think I'm going utterly blind.))

wxdruid
2007-02-06, 08:10 PM
The Lady Gwen steps forward looking for a valient knight.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-02-06, 08:15 PM
Yet another figure appears in the stadium, using time-honoured special effects to simply appear from nothing. It is, in fact, Lord Fullbladder, as his distinctive green skin and dark trenchcoat show.

"Be there room," says he, "to allow one more to wage war for a fair heart?"

His hat is not that which he usually wears, nay, it seems to be a sombrero crafted of some dark and probably evil substance. Furhter strangeness is included in his lack of his usual sunglasses, as well as utter lack of tobacco on his person. Instead, he holds a dark, blue rose, as per the occasion.

"For I, Lord Johnstrum Fullbladder, would surely battle it out."

(freelance, by the way)

Brickwall
2007-02-06, 08:16 PM
Lady Gwen! My honor is free to be given to you! And rest assured, the armor on my body is nothing next to the protection my heart shall offer me with your presence. Have at thee, foul challenger, for this day, this lady's heart shall be mine! Surgery is optional.

wxdruid
2007-02-06, 08:20 PM
Gwen nods to Brickwall and smiles.

Deathcow
2007-02-06, 08:26 PM
Sir Brickwall, do I take this as a challenge for a duel? Then may we meet on the field of battle, to fight for the fair Lady Gwen! That is, if the lady will accept me in this competition, of course. Lady Gwen, what say you?

wxdruid
2007-02-06, 08:31 PM
Yes, I will.

Lykan
2007-02-06, 08:34 PM
@Lykan: I understand right that you want to be a freelance and not chose a lady yourself?

((I would choose, but I do not know which fair ladies are currently playing...

Or does that matter? :smalltongue: ))

Deathcow
2007-02-06, 08:35 PM
Aha! Faerwain, we have a new match! Sir Brickwall and myself, for the hand of Lady Gwen/wxdruid! Lady Gwen, I shall remove this parody of a knight from the ring and take my place by your side, as it should rightfully be!

wxdruid
2007-02-06, 08:40 PM
Gwen grins, I look forward to watching the match.

Alarra
2007-02-06, 08:49 PM
Alarra smiles at Chris. "You've such a lovely voice, and chess is so boring." She takes in the pair, with a bright smile, "Oh please sing instead."

faerwain
2007-02-06, 09:18 PM
((I would choose, but I do not know which fair ladies are currently playing...

Or does that matter? :smalltongue: ))
((I've updated my speech at post 15, Ladies are listed there, excluding Ceika as I want her official accept.(which means mainly, that I'm really going to get some sleep now.)

@EK: Didn't mean to scare you away, just couldn't get up with an idea, the regional time might be to blame.))

Alarra smiles at Chris. "You've such a lovely voice, and chess is so boring." She takes in the pair, with a bright smile, "Oh please sing instead."

((What have I got myself into??Chess would've been easier to describe.. I hope they are bringing their own songs..Will add you and your contestants tomorrow. Sadly, don't know when I will be online. Really going now, it's 3 a.m. here..))

"Well, worthy people of the playground, I shall consider this day indeed a success. Our tribune is filling with beauties who are giving us the honour of their presence, and a considerable amount of courageous warriors has gathered to fight for their favor. I will now end the tournament for today, and by tomorrow, we might see the first of the contestants fight. Now make yourself comfortable, and do not forget that mead and ale are indeed free."

*the audience leaves their seats and tribunes, many getting some food or beverages, and after a while, people start gathering around a group of bards. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xmRVDBtIt0)*

Brickwall
2007-02-06, 09:19 PM
"The match?" Brickwall shouts, "You mean my victory, Lady. I will not abide by some fool challenger attempting to steal my lady's heart. Especially one that fights like a cow!"

wxdruid
2007-02-06, 09:25 PM
Gwen chuckles, Well said Brickwall, I look forward to watching one of you crush the other.

TheChris
2007-02-06, 09:33 PM

"But....the knights were so excited....." TheChris lets out a long drawn out sigh, "Well I suppose I can think of a song or a few lines of verse...."

((Yeah! I thought chess would have been a heck of a lot easier to describe than singing. I'm not even sure how you're planning on doing the competition? Do I need multiple songs or rhymes? Are you just going to vaguely describe what happens? Will my hair catch fire if I crank the furnace and sit under the vent? ))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-06, 09:42 PM
*Death quickly catches her and stares into her eyes, which, must be said is rather unsettling as Ms Elaneous stares back into two pits of vast emptiness*
Lady Elaneous doesn't seem to be that unsettled, although she does blush mightily in response. "Your cloak really brings out the color in your lack of eyes..." When she is set carefully aside, she smiles and nods a silent greeting to Sir Charity, carefully edges around the giant warhorse, then moves to join the other ladies. At the nearby pavilion, she settles herself in a front seat in order to get a better view of the competition. Lady Elaneous waits a bit anxiously for the match to begin.

Gwen chuckles, Well said Brickwall, I look forward to watching one of you crush the other.
She looks up in mild surprise at Lady Gwen's thirst for melee. Lady Elaneous decides to engage in some polite conversation. "Wonderful of Sir Faerwain to have sponsered this marvelous event, don't you think? I do hope they don't end up killing one another. Although, in retrospect, I don't think that would be much of a problem for Sir Death..."

Deathcow
2007-02-06, 10:17 PM

Cow of Death vs. Wall of Bricks, a true Unstoppable Force meets Immovable Object match for the ages... when it shall finally be proven that Unstoppable Force is truly unstoppable! Brickwall, I shall return you to the mortar and clay from whence you came, and the Lady Gwen shall be mine!

Brickwall
2007-02-06, 10:25 PM
Well, if you look at the rules for Disjunction vs. Antimagic field, Disjunction has a low chance of succeeding. I think 1% per CL of the caster of Disjunction.

I think that's an accurate comparison there. Defense wins, then crushes.

2007-02-06, 10:27 PM
Sir Raistlin the Brave enters the arena
El Jaspero! You are a strong and feared warrior. I respect that beyond thought. But I will step up and take you on for the favor of the fair Lady Ceika. All that is left to say is may the better fighter take the hand of the fair Lady. Assuming she has no objections?
He turns to Lady Ceika

"Sir Raistlin, I accept your challenge if the lady will have it so!"

Lykan
2007-02-06, 10:34 PM
Is tjosting anything like jousting?

Cuz we had people like this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zawisza_Czarny) guy. I hear he's quite good.

Just to show how good I am, ladies, by judge of kin. *shinysmile*

Dang... I need to figure out exactly how this works. *looks at rules again*

Deathcow
2007-02-06, 11:16 PM
Well, if you look at the rules for Disjunction vs. Antimagic field, Disjunction has a low chance of succeeding. I think 1% per CL of the caster of Disjunction.

I think that's an accurate comparison there. Defense wins, then crushes.

Then fortunate it is that we are using the rules of some other gaming system (the name of which I cannot remember offhand) to settle these disputes! Also, cows are unaffected by Antimagic Fields...

But lo! For the hands of the clock do indicate that the time for web-posting has passed, and the time for sleeping is rapidly approaching. We shall continue this discourse tomorrow, good sir. To the lovely Lady Gwen I now bid goodnight, and sweet dreams.

Indurain
2007-02-06, 11:20 PM
"A battle of song? I gladly accept. I knew my bard levels would come in handy someday. I propose a three-song battle."

((Alright, here's my rough idea. We each write three songs (original or parody-style), which will then be judged by either a) popular vote, b) Alarra, c) Faerwain, d) a combination of the three. Best 2 out of 3 wins. What say you good sir?))

Ceika
2007-02-06, 11:37 PM
"Sir Raistlin, I accept your challenge if the lady will have it so!"

*Ceika looks from one to the other, a curious smile on her face.* This shall be an interesting fight.... I've no objections to those who would fight for my hand.

Lykan
2007-02-06, 11:43 PM
*grumbles at the thought that he missed the chance to fight for Ceika*

Darn. Oh well. *watches the fighting*

TheChris
2007-02-06, 11:49 PM
"A battle of song? I gladly accept. I knew my bard levels would come in handy someday. I propose a three-song battle."

((Alright, here's my rough idea. We each write three songs (original or parody-style), which will then be judged by either a) popular vote, b) Alarra, c) Faerwain, d) a combination of the three. Best 2 out of 3 wins. What say you good sir?))

((Whoa song? The more i think about that the more I think that's a horrible idea, at least for me. I can write poems. It should be either or. Though if I remember right I thought the outcome was going to be determined by dice rolled on the side of whoever is running this? Or am I making stuff up again?))

Indurain
2007-02-07, 12:06 AM
((Whoa song? The more i think about that the more I think that's a horrible idea, at least for me. I can write poems. It should be either or. Though if I remember right I thought the outcome was going to be determined by dice rolled on the side of whoever is running this? Or am I making stuff up again?))

((No...you're right...I just thought this would be more fun. We could make it poetry and/or song if you wish.))

Weebl
2007-02-07, 02:19 AM
I'll be fighting "free-lance". I'm easy come, easy go.

Krursk
2007-02-07, 02:42 AM
Faerwin, could you PM me the details on the competition? I'm interested in how it would work

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-07, 03:21 AM
*DLD nods to Zar Peter, Silkenfist and Sauros*

"I'm fine with you three challenging each other. May the best knight win," she says.

faerwain
2007-02-07, 03:39 AM
((Only a short rushing in, trying to PM you soon about the fight rules.
@TheChris/Indy: Yep, planned to do a very simple dice fight, but if you want it to make it a judged contest, okay. I would put it to vote to the audience then
@Lykan: You can still offer to fight for Ceika, I'd guess she'd be impressed by that heritage:smallsmile:
@weebl: noted

@all: what is your general opinion to the fact when a contest is finished and a new fighter arrives afterwards and challenges the winner. Shall we keep the tournament open 'til Val-day? Or shall, once I start a fight, this fight settle it and the lady is not available afterwards? Shall the decision stay with the Ladies?

ADDITION: Darn, screw PM as I can only PM 5 at a time. So, for fighting: I wanted to keep that as easy as possible, I took the old DSA rules and simplified them even more. Your characters will have the exact same stats. All you really would have to know for your actions is: (d20 used is usual)
You have an attack number of 16. Your defense is 15. The fight will last 4 rounds(starting 1 round of tjosting and melee fight afterwards) and is rolled by me. You can simply let me roll it out or additionaly do one of these things:
1.Make a more aimed attacked. You tell me which addition you want to make to your attack roll(i.e. attack +4: Your attack number is now 12). If the attack roll succeeds, the defense roll for your opponent is hardened by the same addition, and if he fails, the damage you do will be accordingly higher.

2. You make a faint. A normal attack is made, but when you succeed , the opponent is not hurt. Instead, you gain 1 bonus point for your next attack.(i.e.: an attack+4 after 2 faints leaves you with an attack number of 14, yet the defense for the enemy is still hardened by 4)
All actions are not limited, you may do all rounds aimed attacks if you want.
The contestant with the highest hitpoints after the fight wins.
You Pm me before the fight what you want to in each round(i.e. round two, attack +5 at contestant B)
I included simple rules for lucky hits and bad luck(similar to 1s and 20s in D&D)

-Normally, you only fight one enemy in a round, but I decided this second i will let everybody cross swords in every round, to avoid somebody losing because the other two attacked him more than each other.

-It really bugs me that you have so few influence on that. I thought about Pm'ing you your stats after every round, so you could decide a little more tactically what you want to do, giving me your choices each single round.
Problem is simple that, looking at our time zones, I don't expect us to be finished for a long time if we do it that way. I'm stucked here, if anyone has an idea, let it out.))

2007-02-07, 03:55 AM
So, this game is based entirely on chance?

I can't use any underhand tactics, eg. getting him on the English team so he can't beat me?

Zar Peter
2007-02-07, 04:36 AM
((What about the paper, scissor, stone thing? I thought about every contstant PM 10 rounds of PSS to faerwain, the winner is who won the most rounds. If it´s a draw we post another 10 rounds. Just an idea.Just read the first page. If a newcomer can fight should be in the opinion of the Lady))

Zar Peter beams at DLD
It will be a honour to win for you, dear Lady! Let me be the gnome of your heart

faerwain
2007-02-07, 04:46 AM
(( I was trying to somehow give you at least the illusion of influence with the rolled fight. The 10 rounds of RPS would of course be quicker and easier for me personally.
The entirely based on chance thing was exactly what I wanted to achieve for fairness, but honestly I expected strange accidents and unexplainable illness before the fight between Death's opponents anyway.
I planned on somehow sort it all out today and start with the fight for Ms_E this evening))

V Death, Death, Death...you KNOW how these poker evenings of you end. (http://tinyurl.com/37t36o)

2007-02-07, 05:05 AM
((Maybe A game of poker?))

*Death looks at his hand*

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/reaper.jpg http://www.geocities.com/metalheadtlh/KingSpades.gifhttp://www.math.hawaii.edu/~hile/math100/probc_files/queen.jpghttp://images.quizilla.com/N/nanikore/1062734723_J.jpghttp://www.wopc.co.uk/mmcardz/10s.jpg

Darius Midnite
2007-02-07, 06:41 AM
((^^ Oh god, I've never laughed so much in my entire life, heew...

Hmm, is it too much to hope for that Saithis Bladewing came? :smalltongue: ))

faerwain
2007-02-07, 06:54 AM
((Good news: Entered all.
Bad news: Running out of adjectives

Lykan, you're listed under Free-lance, will change that when you're fighting for Ceika.

^Well, I could send her an official invitation, 'though I have to admit the last time I did something like that it didn't really work.))

InaVegt
2007-02-07, 07:25 AM
I'll accept the fight between Khantalas and Lord magtok for my hand, make it a battle consisting of three rounds, if possible. A joust, writing of a poem and a running match.

((The joust would use Faerwein's rules, the poem's will be judged by me and the running match would be rock paper scissors))

Darius Midnite
2007-02-07, 07:39 AM
((To Faerwain: I dunno, you could try it. :smalltongue: ))

Charity
2007-02-07, 07:46 AM
So, this game is based entirely on chance?

I can't use any underhand tactics, eg. getting him on the English team so he can't beat me?

*Crack*
*deaths head is given a sudden excess of kinetic energy*
"Whoops, so sorry, just a practice swing... you know to get my eye in"

2007-02-07, 07:56 AM
*Crack*
*deaths head is given a sudden excess of kinetic energy*
"Whoops, so sorry, just a practice swing... you know to get my eye in"

*Death has a look at the poor tree stump Chairty mistook for his skull....*

And they said England never had a chance.

*Death gives a mirthless laugh*

faerwain
2007-02-07, 09:14 AM
*A new day has begun. Spending the morning slowly waking up and refreshing after yesterdays celebrations, the crowd begins to gather around the jousting areal.
The sound of the announcement trumpet makes many audience members shiver in pain, as they followed yesterday's offer of free mead and ale*

"Be greeted, faithful playground inhabitants. The last day saw the arrival of many willing cotestants, and so this be the day our Tournament begins!"
*Crowd cheers*
"Preparing themselves for battle now, this evening shall see the Dark Entity,Death and the Herald of Heinz, Charity, fighting each other for the hand of lovely Ms_Elanous!"

*much joyful rampage*

"It will be a traditional contest, starting with a round of Jousting, then shifting to melee fight.
So, use the day well, taverns and bards we have plenty, and in a few hours, we shall see a fine example of chivalric duelling!!*

Charity
2007-02-07, 09:18 AM
"Your nag is looking extra pale today Deatho, is it quite well?"
with a sly wink to the stands he adds.
"I'd hate to defeat you when you have a pre made excuse, we all know how you underworlders get when you lose."

Graklok
2007-02-07, 10:09 AM
Graklok rides into the arena riding a elephant and holding a tree-trunk.

Graklok weady to figh for honor!

He looks at the other combatans riding around on horseback.

Oops! He he heh.

He gets down from the elephant.

((This contest reminds me of a joke.....))
He offered her honor...She honored his offer....And all night long it was on her and off her.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-07, 11:00 AM
What's this? A little old invitation for little old me? Hm, to accept or not accept, that is the question...

(So, wait, when did you send me some kind of official invitation that didn't work? I'm confused. o.O)

Darius Midnite
2007-02-07, 01:29 PM
((Common, It'll be fun :smallbiggrin:))

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-07, 01:32 PM
(Maybe, and I don't want to seem rude, but I will need the permission of another before I even consider agreeing to this. Besides, I'm not sure I like the idea of someone else fighting for me. :P)

Lykan
2007-02-07, 01:33 PM
Hmm... I'll fight for Saithis as well, if she is going to accept being part of this... I have my reasons.

Unless Llama wants to do it. That just seems more of a "right" match...

Darius Midnite
2007-02-07, 01:35 PM
((Heh, it's up to you Saithis))

Adygias
2007-02-07, 02:12 PM
Kymei enters the arena.
Wow! A chivalrous joust! So romantic! I will most certainly be watching this! Ah, I'm afraid I'm not available to court in whatever sense, but should any knight wish to contest nobly in my name, strictly for the sake of the game, I'd be happy to accomodate!
Kymei takes a seat.

((IOW, no VV, but if you need another lady, I'm here!))

blackfox
2007-02-07, 04:13 PM
Hm. Can I fight Saithis for the hand of Lykan? :smallconfused:
If not, we need to start a catfight arena.

wxdruid
2007-02-07, 04:28 PM
Cassandra smirks as she steps forward to view the combatants, weighing and judging their worth.....

Charity
2007-02-07, 05:03 PM
His monsterous steed, puffing great gouts of steam and showering sparks from it's thunderous hooves, charges into the arena. His beancan shining like a new penny, Charity waves to the gathered crowd. His mount rears up like a great wall of horseflesh and brings it's hooves crashing down with a thunderous retort.
*a copy of Warhorse Quarterly flutters to the flagstones*
Turning in his saddle to face the princess in pink he raises his oversized bat and shouts "Death holds no fear while I fight for your fair favour m'lady"

Deathcow
2007-02-07, 05:06 PM
I second the idea of a catfight arena. Let the ladies in on the action!

Also, *insert random blustering and trash-talk in Brickwall's general direction*

Zar Peter
2007-02-07, 05:42 PM
Hey, thats a great metaphorical fight.
Can charity defeat death.
We will see tomorrow. I´ll get some popcorn and adult beverages and enjoy the fight.

Lykan
2007-02-07, 05:42 PM
o_O

Wow... Never thought a lady would want to fight for me.

:biggrin:

2007-02-07, 05:52 PM
"Your nag is looking extra pale today Deatho, is it quite well?"
with a sly wink to the stands he adds.
"I'd hate to defeat you when you have a pre made excuse, we all know how you underworlders get when you lose."

Binky is in perfect health.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/he/thumb/9/93/Death-on-binky.jpg/290px-Death-on-binky.jpg

And if you would; I work for the Management, not the underworld, thats Miss- well, I can't say her name, she doesn't like work with social....

Either way they have taken away some of my finer points for this game, *Death swings the sword and it responds sluggishly*

Sort of like a team losing three of their stars and a all rounder in terms of usefulness.

*Death darkens the area around him, effectively spot lighting Ms Elaneous*

"Even though I walk in the Vally of Death, I fear no evil"
*Death casts a look at the cricket bat wondering how much of his soul Charity had to give up for it. He was sure the Geniviantic inter dimensional laws forbade those in all planes of order.... He the turns his attention back to Ms Elaneous*

I will win this for you, or die tr- wait no... *Death smacks his squire, who rushes off*

Just getting a change in the script..... so....come here often? Oh wait here he is *Death picks up the new script*

I shall win this for you, and never yield, no matter what "little" fight I have left in me.

*Death bows and pulls the shadows to him again*

For glory and other miscellaneous reasons!

Silkenfist
2007-02-07, 06:02 PM
Hey, thats a great metaphorical fight.
Can charity defeat death.
We will see tomorrow. I´ll get some popcorn and adult beverages and enjoy the fight.

Note to self: Send Zar Peter a few buckets of refreshing adult beverages before the fight.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-07, 06:12 PM
Sir Raistlin hears Lady Ceika
It is decided then! El Jaspero and I will fight for the love of Lady Ceika. Ready your blade Jaspero! This will be a battle for the ages!

Darius Midnite
2007-02-07, 06:48 PM
"God this is boring, I wonder when something will happen" He mumbles again while observing others.

wxdruid
2007-02-07, 06:55 PM
Cassandra nods agreement to Darius' statement and goes over to find some refreshing adult beverages.

Lykan
2007-02-07, 07:05 PM
Lykan grins, sneaks around the shadows, and kicks Darius in the nuts. He then performs a "I kicked Darius below the belt dance"

Darius Midnite
2007-02-07, 07:15 PM
"Assassin! Damn you!" Darius runs after Lykan, determined on kicking him in the groin.

2007-02-07, 07:53 PM
The Pirate Knights smiles broadly. "Indeed, good Sir Raistlin! May the best of us win the hand of fair Lady Ceika." He salutes and mounts his trusty sea horse as his loyal cabin boy delivers his lance, which looks suspiciously like a spar from his ship.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-07, 07:55 PM
Sir Raistlin returns the salute and mounts his horse. He draws his lance and twirls it on his finger. He then holds it at the ready.

Jagg
2007-02-07, 09:06 PM
*Jagg arrives at a gallop, his destrier black as midnight, his saddle black and chased with silver and gold glinting in the sunlight. His long blonde hair seems caressed by the very wind of his passage as he hurriedly makes his way into the arena and before the tribune. He leaps from the back of his well trained warhorse, landing with a loud clatter from his magnificent red and black lacquered armour, resplendent with golden lions. He adjusts his rondel and sword to more comfortable position on his hips and strides forwards his spurs kicking up small puffs of dust and bows as much as the constricting steel will permit.*

"Noble and most gracious ladies, humbly I present myself before thee in all your magnificent radiance. Truly never before have I seen such a beauteous and angelic gathering of fair maidens. It is as if the very heavens themselves have allowed their most precious angels to reside in this worthy place. Firstly I must apologise for the lateness of my appearance, my invitation to participate in this grand tourney was late in its arrival. In all good conscience however I could not allow this gentile gathering to continue without the introduction of at least one peer. I know that my name and crest are not yet well known in this worthy arena, but I solemnly pledge that before this contest is through my name will be feared and your honour will be greatly increased should you decide in my favour. I await the summons of any lady wishing me to fight for her honour with baited breath."

any chance of a late entry?

Edited to fix hurried spelling

Adygias
2007-02-07, 09:41 PM
Kymei gets up to find a refreshing adult beverage, but notices the fight between Lykan and Darius and sits back down to watch the pre-game show.

"Woohoo! Jesters!"

((@Jagg: See my post above!))

Jagg
2007-02-07, 10:13 PM
((@Adygias: yes but YOU have to choose ME, otherwise instead of me being chivalrous and gentlemanly in accepting your invitation to fight for you, I'm forcing myself upon you, and no true gentleman would do that. Lykan's likely to kick someone in the balls if they tried that....ooh ahh nevermind.))

Adygias
2007-02-07, 10:50 PM
((I guess I should have finished Ivanhoe.))

An NPC elbows Kymei, distracting her from the demihuman slapstick brigade, and points out the newly-arrived Jagg. She hesitates for a couple of posts, then cautiously stands up.

"If you would fight for me, Master Jagg, you may wear my colors in the arena."

She curtsies demurely, then resumes her seat, a little embarrassed at the attention.

Jagg
2007-02-08, 12:06 AM
Jagg bows again before standing up and facing the other combatants. "I accept Lady Kymei's invitation to fight for her honour and glory. Lord Jagg awaits the challenge of any knight brave enough to face him in the Jousting arena."

With Dm's permission of course

Krystal_Tiger
2007-02-08, 12:54 AM
((This seems to good to pass up...lemme join!))

A slim figure slowly flutters down to the ground, ankle legth, silver hair fluttering in the breeze, long, flowing sky blue gown trailing behind her, and silver-blue wings wraped around her slim, elven body.

So who shall fight for one such as me? Who will raise thy sword in honor, for this draconian maiden? She joins the other ladys. For whosoever wishes to fight for me in the tjosting ring shall recive my heart. With this she gives a formal curtsy, and looks around at the knights fighting for there ladys.

((that was fun! and the comic seems to have updated while i typed! YAY!!!))

((hope you don't mind another part dragon maiden DarkLightDragon?:smallbiggrin: ))

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-08, 02:17 AM
The shadows flickered and swayed, swirling around the figure invisible, whose darkness defied all magics. The glow of her eyes blinked several times, then bobbed as if the head that contained them had nodded. "It has been decided. The champions see acceptance."

A pair of rings, forged of platinum and adorned with a single small red gem, materialised in front of the two who had made their requests. "Upon speaking to my mate, an agreement has been made. Those who wish to champion me may do so, so long as it is understand that I am not one available for courting as my heart belongs to another. In the spirit of the game, I will accept those who wish to fight for me, but that is all. I understand it is customary to grant favour to those who wish to fight in one's name. For most a ribbon or handkerchief will do - I have neither, so these rings will simply have to do. If you still wish to champion me, take thine ring and prepare yourself."

The shadows started to retreat towards a corner, then paused and turned to the one called Blackfox. "Oh, and even if the rules allowed us to fight, I have no inclination to take part in a fight. I have no interest in fighting over any of the men present, and I have little interest in a contest of luck as opposed to skill."

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-08, 02:45 AM
((hope you don't mind another part dragon maiden DarkLightDragon?:smallbiggrin: )) ((We've had two draconic werewolves in the same game, so this shouldn't be much trouble :smallsmile: ))

Graklok
2007-02-08, 02:52 AM
Graklok, having never been a tournament before, talks with Supagoof about the rules.

Supagoof: Well, first you enter the arena all grandiose!

Graklok: Enter Aweena gand noose. Got it.

You walk to the center of the arena, and bow to the crowd.

Graklok bow to crowd.

You blow kisses to them

Graklok bwow kisses to them.

In front of all these wonderful people, you whip out your muleta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muleta).

Graklok whip out Graklok's WHAT!?!

Your muleta, y'know, your large stick?

IN FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE?

Of course. The crowd cheers!

What kind of crowd is this anyway...

They're rooting for you, next you whip your muleta over your shoulder.

YOU CAN DO THAT WITH YOUR MULETA!?!

Yes, can't you?

Well no Graklok mean Graklok barely get it up past Graklok's elbo...

Then you walk towards your maiden...

With Graklok's muleta hanging out?

Yes, you display it proudly for her.

Not Graklok's muleta...

If the maiden favors you, she'll tie a ribbon around it.

Graklok sure hopes she's gentle.

When finished, you begin the match.

Is Graklok's muleta still hanging out?

Of course. You taunt your opponent with it.

That'll only work if his is smaller.

This angers them, and they charge towards you...

Graklok can see why.

Then when they get close enough, you stick your muleta in them.

Oh no, Graklok not that kind of ogre.

Do you want to win this match or not?

Not if it means that. No tanks.

Well, let's see which of the maidens will have you fight for their honor.

How bout her? She pretty.

She is? I mean of course she is...for a dragon.

Graklok fight for her!

Then annouce it.

Graklok fight for Dark Light Dagron's honor!!!

((Adapted from The Bullfight by Puke and Snot))

((idea for jousting - roll 1d20 - 1-12 - miss, 13-19 - lose 1 point, 20 - lose 2 points. Everyone start with 5 points. First to 0 loses. Add descriptions for flavor.))

Pretty lady Dark Light Dagron, Graklok tink yer pretty. Graklok know dat Graklok id not much to look at, but Graklok strong and bwave. Graklok hope you allow Graklok de honor of fightin' all others for yer honor and favor, and cuz Supagoof is other account and had no real good weason to hurt you in SMBG hurt heal game, so Supagoof feel bad bout dat an all.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-08, 03:01 AM
((*blink*))

Darius Midnite
2007-02-08, 05:01 AM
Darius stops chasing after Lykan as he sees the platinum ring in front of him, as he takes it he holds it up towards Saithis "I shall fight for thee, Saithis! And I shall win." He then puts the ring on.

faerwain
2007-02-08, 05:18 AM
Announcement from the management in 10 minutes
(no fear, the games will go on-or actually, start)

Announcement made below, so no reason for the big font anymore :smallwink:

Zar Peter
2007-02-08, 05:23 AM
Zar Peter looks at Graglok
If this barbarian want to fight for the mighty Dragon then he shalt wait till Saurus, Silkenfist and I crossed our blades!

((Great performance!))

faerwain
2007-02-08, 06:12 AM
*The many bards and dancers showing their art, not to mention the huge amount of free food and beverages, keeps the crowd good-houmured, yet, an growing impatience can be feeled in the air.*

*The earth-shaking sound of more and louder announcement trumpets than ever cracks the sky, making some people letting out swear words*

*Discussion starts whether this means something really important is going to happen or the Lord of the Tournament is compensating for something*

*Faerwain and Axel enter the speaker platform*

"Lords and Ladies, Knights and Peasants, and all you fine folk: I am more than enjoyed to see such a great gathering of Fair Ladies and Noble Warriors to please us with beauty and mastering of the jousting arts.

Yet, I have sad news to bring: Just the minute I was to announce our first contestants, events ocurred I have no control over and yet is my duty to deal with. This not only kept you worthy people from your well-earned event, but denies me the freedom to host and judge this fine and first display of chivalry in our beloved kingdom.
But, you shall not fear: As was already planned for the time beginning tomorrow where I would have been in far realms, the dependable Squire of the Tournaments, noble selrahc is taking duty and will make sure that this jousting will become a joyful memory for all of you.

If fate is with me, I might return to maybe enjoy the finals, but this is to be seen.
For now, may the festivity go on!*

*Faerwain takes the sceptre out of Axel's mouth and hands it over to selrahc. He leaves the arena waving goodbye and bowing towards the Ladies' Tribune*

((Just when I tried to post the announcement welcoming Graklok and Saithis, and providing you with the time the duel should start, my computer crashed. Very badly. I'm sitting at the internetcafe right now. Sadly, my limited computer skills, the fact that I'm working today and leave for Hamburg tomorrow morning-returning Monday afternoon- make a combination that makes it unlikely I will be back online before actual Valentine's Day.
I'm very sorry for the delay caused, and believe me, I'm very annoyed myself. I had much enjoyed it so far and was looking forward to manage at least the first duel.
Yet, I'm glad that the self-healing capacity of the playground works well:smallwink: I was quite amused reading your posts and hope you will have a lot of fun.))

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-08, 07:50 AM
*DLD glares at Graklok*

"I heard that little speech," she comments. "Dragons have very good hearing."

*clears throat*

I'll be honest with you. I know you're a barbarian, but as far as first impressions go, you totally blew it."

*DLD's glare softens slightly*

"I will, however, allow you a second chance to get my attention. All who wish to fight for me may do so, but I'll be favouring the ones who can impress more than once."

"How Silkenfist, Sauros, and Zar Peter decide to handle the barbarian Graklok will be up to them. I'm not that fussed at the moment."

*DLD sees Faerwain leaving and waves a farewell to him*

Tormsskull
2007-02-08, 08:04 AM
((So this is still occuring? In that case...))

A red star appears in the sky quite suddenly, so distant yet incredibly vibrant. Those spectators looking towards it notice that it seems to grow larger and larger. As it nears, a white trail of smoke marks its passage. NPCs in the area run off as it gets closer still. Then it happens.

When the star smashes into the ground an enormous vibration extends forth, rocking the very earth and causing many people to fall. Through thick billowing smoke, the outer rim of a crater can be seen. Stepping through the smoke is a massive humanoid, easily over seven feet tall and built like a tank. His skin is red with various black veins that bulge just under the surface. Visceral black protrusions extend approximately two feet from the end of the creature's hands and from the rear of its elbows.

The creature looks at the spectators, scanning them with eyes full of fire. Its eyes come to rest upon the area filled with shadows that contain the invisible figure, Saithis. Stomping closer, it lowers its head, the voice emitting from its mouth booming and cavernous. "I am Belan. I will champion you."

After speaking, Belan turns his eyes towards Darius, considering his potential opponent. Tilting his head back towards the shadows, he continues. "If you'll allow me that is."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-08, 08:25 AM
Lady Elaneous waves a cheery farewell to Sir Faerwain. "Hurry back, Sir Faerwain! May you be successful in your quest!"

She then turns to watch her two knights as they prepare to duke it out. "Oh, they'd better not end up hurting each other." (Otherwise they each get a Big Sister Princess Noogie...)

Selrahc
2007-02-08, 08:30 AM
((Just getting to grips with the rules so I don't make a mistake....))

2007-02-08, 08:43 AM
((Just getting to grips with the rules so I don't make a mistake....))

((How many extra days will it cost to get you to make a favourable mistake in my favour?))

wxdruid
2007-02-08, 09:00 AM
Cassandra eyes the contestants, waiting to see if any actually catch her eye.

wxdruid
2007-02-08, 09:04 AM
Gwen sits back to wait for Sir Brickwall and Sir Deathcow to fight for her honor and a kiss.

Supagoof
2007-02-08, 09:26 AM
Supagoof leaves Graklok in the arena while he heads up to the stands. He grabs some popcorn and drink, and takes a seat 3 rows up. Seeing the response DLD gave Graklok, he mutters...

Oooh, poor form. I told you Graklok, you need to present your muleta to the maiden. Why's everyone snickering? Are you people not proud of your muleta's? I know I am....

Selrahc
2007-02-08, 10:45 AM
A beautiful day heralds the start of the fight. Clouds are few and far between, and the sun shines brightly on the field of battle.

The crowds gather, eager to see the days fight.

Trumpets blare as the two entrants ride in. Both giving a wave to the lovely Miss Elaneous as they round the field into position. The two contestants line up, ready for the first tilt. The handkerchief is dropped, signalling the first tilt.

A thunderous crash of hooves signals their run.

There is a hideous crack as the two lances hit their targets. Death is hit square in the chest, and is knocked from the horse heavily. But it was not without cost to Charity, Death had managed to land a glancing hit on the shoulder, rocking him on the horse, and jarring his rythm. It looks like he will make it, but suddenly he falls from the horse, unbalanced.

Death has managed to stand up as Charity turns. Swords drawn the two fighters charge, the roar of the crowd now almost deafening. There is a clang of steel on steel as the swords clash. Death is obviously still shaken from his fall however, as Charity quickly gains the upper hand. Parrying Deaths next blow, he lays a solid strike against the Dark Knight. Death tries to strike back, but is disorientated, and his blow comes inches away from Charities head, rather than the heavy hit that would have ensued. Thanking his lucky stars, Charity uses the opening left to lay in a further jab.

The combat breaks. Both fighters take a few paces back. Charity is obviously in the better position, barely having taken a scratch. In comparison, the Reaper is heavily injured, nursing broken bones.

"Yield Reaper" yells Charity "You do not stand a chance"

"Not with the heart of Ms Elaneous at stake" Retorts Death. Bringing up his sword and rushing at Charity

Taken off guard Charity is hit hard, but he had enough speed to pull his own sword into position, and deals a boneshattering blow to Death, sending the skeletal figure flying backwards.

The Dark Knight lies still. Defeated, and knocked senseless. But his last blow had been a strong one, and Charity had his own wounds.

Toughing through the pain, he swings himself up to his waiting horse, and rides to the stands among the cheer of the crowds, for an audience with Ms Elaneous.

Selrahc stands at the central podium
"Lords and Ladies, I give you your first champion..... Charity!"

Tormsskull
2007-02-08, 10:54 AM
Belan walks over to Death, offering his hand to pull him to his feet. "I've no skill in the healing arts but I'm sure someone around here does."

Looking over to Charity, Belan gives a subtle nod of respect to the victor.

Darius Midnite
2007-02-08, 12:03 PM
Darius claps his hands at Charity but then looks down on Death's bones with worried eyes.

2007-02-08, 12:52 PM
"Huzzah! Huzzah! for me oulde mukker!"

The Pirate Knight leads the crowd in a cheer for brave Sir Charity.

Charity
2007-02-08, 01:49 PM
"And all the best of British to you, you old scallywag."
Beaming like a small child, Charity does a victory lap, throwing sugared almonds to the crowds.
He pauses to have a quick word with the cleanup crew whom are busy sweeping up Deaths remains.
"He'll be fine ladies and gent's, no cause for concern."
Swaggering he approachs the pretty in pink princess.
"It was an honour M'lady, to do battle for your sweet favour."
Opening his bean can he presents her with a slightly battered bouquet of pink orchids, and bows.

Silkenfist
2007-02-08, 02:54 PM
Silken extends his hand to the deserved winner. "Very well done, your highness. I appreciate your effort." Looking at his rapier and the bony warrior, he whispers to Charity "Are you sure, he can't move anymore?"

As the winner rides off under the applause of the crowd, Silkenfist sits down in the shadow of a fig tree, trying to come up with good taunts for his opponents.

Xerillum
2007-02-08, 05:06 PM
Mortus walks by with his girlfriend, and watches. Chances are that they'll need me here. he points a finger, and a squire dies.

Avening_Viper
2007-02-08, 05:29 PM
Avening walks in and takes a seat to watch the festivities and see if any of the champions catch her eye.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-08, 05:36 PM
The eyes stared at the creature who offered its championship, then a soft sigh of resignation came from the shadows. "Very well, any who wish to champion me may do so, assuming the organisers allow it. Take your jewelry and see if they will allow you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-08, 06:17 PM
Lady Elaneous sends Charity a blushing smile as she accepts the battered flowers, finding their tattered appearance quite charming. "It was an honour, good sir, to offer my favour for your epic battle." She peers around him at the pile of bones. "However, I am quite concerned about Sir Death. And you yourself appear to have taken some damage as well!" She motions toward his wounds. She looks up with a worrisome expression.

Saurous
2007-02-08, 06:37 PM
((Holy ****, I need to check this thread more.))

Raistlin1040
2007-02-08, 07:20 PM
Sir Raistlin smiles
Good fight Charity! I hope my battle with El Jaspero is as entertaining.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-02-08, 07:27 PM
PGCoD rides up to the tilts on a coal black destrier looking for a lonely maiden to obtain her favor from.

((I'm joining the game. Faerwain ok'ed it FYI))

Charity
2007-02-08, 08:17 PM
Lady Elaneous sends Charity a blushing smile as she accepts the battered flowers, finding their tattered appearance quite charming. "It was an honour, good sir, to offer my favour for your epic battle." She peers around him at the pile of bones. "However, I am quite concerned about Sir Death. And you yourself appear to have taken some damage as well!" She motions toward his wounds. She looks up with a worrisome expression.

"Tis naught but a scratch fair maiden. Us anthropomorphic manifestations are tougher than we look, poor Death has taken only injury to his pride this day"
he pauses "He has my pity though, for he has lost much, your Ladies favour is a prize more precious than gold."
Taking a comically large tin opener from his saddle bags, he begins the task of removing his armour.

wxdruid
2007-02-08, 08:37 PM
Cassandra watches PGCoD on the coal black destrier with a favorable eye.

Saurous
2007-02-08, 08:40 PM
*Saurous dissapears for a few minutes, and comes back into the arena riding a pure black horse. The horse's eyes glow red. The horse suddenly gallops at full speed, in one lap around the arena. It then rears up, tossing Saurous off the back. Saurous catches himself before he hits the ground, doing a backflip. He then begins to chace after the horse*

I hate horses!

2007-02-08, 10:01 PM
Fullbladder pulls a previously hidden kit out of his coat.

"It would seem," says he, "that is good I brought medical supplies."

He approaches the prone form of Death and begins applying iodine, bandages, and various medical oddities in various places, none of which would probably work on a skeletal embodiment of, well, death.

"I should have taken that course on fisrt aid.... Is this arm supposed to bend this way?"

Still, he gets the job done. With some bandages to spare.

Brickwall
2007-02-08, 10:36 PM
Brickwall bursts a gauntlet with a suddenly conjured fist of bricks.

"I grow impatient! Let not fair Gwen's heart wait until the fateful day for me! I must defeat my opponent now, or I fear my lady shall grow bored."

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-02-09, 12:48 AM
PGCoD's eyes meet with Cassandra's while searching for a knightless ladie. He quickly turns his destrier in her direction, and trots over to her. I see milady still has her favor to give. Would you be kind enough to let me fight for you?

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-09, 03:08 AM
((Supagoof, did you teach Graklok "Craft Disturbing Mental Image"? I did NOT need that!))

Zar Peter
2007-02-09, 06:48 AM
Zar Peter groans

My head aches! Ow, maybe I should´nt take the offer of this Silkenfist guy and drink his twelve bottles of adult beverages in one.

Applauding to the arena
Great show charity, really enjoyed it.
Ow, my head.

2007-02-09, 07:02 AM

*Belan feels a chill as he pulls the Reaper up, but Death shrugs away the offer of healing, he gets enough of Life as it is.*

Human sports are so vulgar aren't they.

*Death checks an hourglass with a name of an English cricketer*

Death be not proud, after all, this is another mean to achieve the same result.

*As Death's cloak starts fixing it's self from it's shadows and the arua of the Reaper starts to appear he shoos them off "Stay mortal" he quickly repositions the lance in what he hopes is more painful position and waits for the crowd to part for Ms Elaneous*

After all, play human's sports I may as well play by their rules, all's fair in love and war.

*Death creates a few more gashes in his cloak as the crowd part till he can see Ms Elaneous where he hopes he does a good impression of a man in pain*

I am going for an im-moral victory.

Tormsskull
2007-02-09, 07:07 AM
Belan chuckles slightly after his exchange with Death, talking a few steps away as his internal heat kicks back in. Moving back towards the shadows, Belan says, "Glad to hear. I'm curious to see what some of these competitors are made of."

With that he waits patiently to see if anyone else steps up to fight for the figure in the shadow's honor.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-09, 07:29 AM
While Charity is preoccupied with his armor removal, Lady Elaneous catches a glance of a wounded man on the field. "OH!" She picks up her skirts in a most lady-like fashion and runs to the man's side. Lady Elaneous kneels next to him extremely concerned.

wxdruid
2007-02-09, 08:07 AM
Cassandra looks over PGCoD and smiles, Certainly Sir, you seem a worthy knight. I will give you a red and black checkered kerchief and a lock of my hair. She hands both over to him.

2007-02-09, 08:10 AM
Cassandra looks over PGCoD and smiles, Certainly Sir, you seem a worthy knight. I will give you a red and black checker
ed kerchief and a lock of my hair. She hands both over to him.

((Quick, everyone fight for Cassandra, by the end of it she will be completely bald))

Tormsskull
2007-02-09, 08:28 AM
Belan absently put a hand to his chest. I wonder why Death didn't use these type of powers in his battle with the tin can. Hrm. Perhaps I should have smashed him into dust while he was down. His claws twitched in an insect-like manner, a clear sign of his agitation. Then, as is wondering if anyone was capable of reading minds, he says "Ehm. Yeah. Uh, step foward any who would try to fight for the honor of her" as he motioned back towards the shadows.

Ayya the Fearsome
2007-02-09, 08:53 AM
Ayya waves her blood stainned hanky from where she sits in the bleachers.
yoohoo!!!!!!! win one for ayya belan!!! :wink:

Charity
2007-02-09, 09:02 AM
Charity activates the remote control for the stink bombs he planted on Death
*Pushes button*
"Fire in the hole" he chuckles to himself, as everyone in a twenty foot radius of Death look his way and start gagging and holding their noses against the stench that is eminating from him.
Aside to Sir Jaspero, "he said it himself, all's fair..."

Supagoof
2007-02-09, 07:42 PM
((Supagoof, did you teach Graklok "Craft Disturbing Mental Image"? I did NOT need that!))

((Is this what your referring too? Really check the link.))

In front of all these wonderful people, you whip out your muleta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muleta).

((Or better yet - Muleta - is the name of the red cape used in bullfighting by a matador to attract a bull. The cape obscures a sword, the bullfighter uses his cape to attract the bull in a series of passes, demonstrating his control over it. (Veterinary physiological aside: Bulls are actually colour-blind, so the cape needn't be red to serve its purpose. It being of red colour is just a matter of tradition.) There are a number of distinct styles of pass, each with its own name. For instance, the veronica is a pass in which the matador slowly swings the cape away from the charging bull while keeping his feet in the same position. The faena is the final series of passes before the kill, in which the matador attempts to manoeuvre the bull into a position to stab it between the shoulders and through the heart. If this fails he must then cut the bull's spinal cord with a second sword, killing it instantly. The task of killing the bull is given to the matador alone; his title means literally "killer".
))

Deathcow
2007-02-09, 10:58 PM
Brickwall bursts a gauntlet with a suddenly conjured fist of bricks.

"I grow impatient! Let not fair Gwen's heart wait until the fateful day for me! I must defeat my opponent now, or I fear my lady shall grow bored."

For once, I agree with Sir Brickwall. Let us begin this contest in earnest, so that the Lady Gwen need not wait longer for her champion!

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-10, 01:05 AM
((......))

Silkenfist
2007-02-10, 06:12 AM
Silken looks at Saurous in contempt. "It seems, our friend is not used to handle creatures who have retained their soul". He swings himself on a black mare, grabs the reins and slowly stands up, thrusting his rapier in the air. "I am ready, you cowards. Free scars for everyone who dares to stand in my way."

Zar Peter
2007-02-10, 07:25 AM
Zar Peter take his dire donkey and get on the saddle.

You have no chance to even reach my face. Beginners!

Saurous
2007-02-10, 07:26 AM
It shall be you who recieves the free scars.

*Saurous mounts his horse again, this time managing to steady it*

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-10, 08:01 AM
((Is this what your referring too? Really check the link.)) ((Gah! >.<

I checked the link, but Graklok's post didn't help! >.<))

2007-02-10, 11:29 AM
Aside to Sir Jaspero, "he said it himself, all's fair..."

The Pirate Knight chuckles. "Indeed...dancing with Death is one thing, but to dance with a Fezgul is an entirely different kind of risk, and often more painful in the long run."

2007-02-10, 02:32 PM
"I feel it prudent to mention that, coming here to fight for a fair maiden's heart, I find myself standing in the corner."

Fullbladder retains his stoic passivism.

Supagoof
2007-02-10, 03:12 PM
((Gah! >.<

I checked the link, but Graklok's post didn't help! >.<))

((Sorry. :smallredface:))

Weebl
2007-02-10, 06:03 PM
*Weebl starts to fire dual arrows at couples and then watches them writh in pain from the wounds*

Now this, is the good life.

*Shoots Death and Ms Eleneous*

Yep, nothing like shooting civilians wilst dressed as cupid!

Brickwall
2007-02-10, 09:09 PM
Brickwall summons a pile of bricks on top of Weebl.

"Mood killer."

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-11, 04:53 AM
*DLD chuckles quietly at the dire donkey then looks at the other horses*

Weebl
2007-02-11, 07:11 AM
*dodges bricks*

You seriously need to get higher agility sir Brickwall. Your slower than... well... a brick wall.

*Shoots sir Brickwall*

Castaras
2007-02-11, 07:13 AM
Castaras walks in and sits in the stands, silently watching, hair gently blowing in the breeze. It is unknown who she favors, or even why she's here.

Deathcow
2007-02-11, 12:21 PM
*dodges bricks*

You seriously need to get higher agility sir Brickwall. Your slower than... well... a brick wall.

*Shoots sir Brickwall*

I appreciate your efforts, but save some of the scoundrel for me. 'Twould not be honorable to defeat an already-wounded opponent.

wxdruid
2007-02-11, 02:49 PM
Gwen sighs as she waits for the fight between Brickwall and Deathcow.

Deathcow
2007-02-11, 07:14 PM
The Lady Gwen is bored! Let us start the fight, and soon!

In the meantime...

*Deathcow shows off his juggling skills for the amusement of the ladies*

Lord Magtok
2007-02-11, 09:55 PM
Hehehe....I have a song/poem/thingy ready for our three round joust, Khantalas. My robotic steed is also prepared, and running a footrace is as difficult as lifting a finger for one as cybernetically gifted as I.

Adygias
2007-02-11, 11:08 PM
Kymei gives Lady Gwen a sympathetic look.

Krystal_Tiger
2007-02-12, 12:07 AM
"I feel it prudent to mention that, coming here to fight for a fair maiden's heart, I find myself standing in the corner."

Fullbladder retains his stoic passivism.

Ilaissa flys over to the Goblin Knight. Indeed, and I have come here to find a brave Knight to give my heart to. She gives a smile to the Goblin Knight. So should you be willing, this fair maidens heart may yet be yours. At this, she takes a silvery-blue hankerchief out of her pocket, and hands it to the Goblin Knight.

Jagg
2007-02-12, 12:20 AM
Lord Jagg leans his shield up against the tribune wall in front of Lady Adygias in the approved manner to await challengers for the honour of the fair maiden. Whilst he waits, his squire sets up a table and a couple of folding chairs for his Lord to take his ease. A pack of cards appears. "Piquet? my lady?" he asks politely. "Tis a most pleasant way to pass the time until some challenger decides whether to face my skills." Lord Jagg claps politely when Death is unhorsed, nodding to Charity in respect of his skills shown.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-12, 02:40 AM
((Will we be getting another fight or two before V-Day? It's getting pretty close...))

Adygias
2007-02-12, 02:54 AM
"Alright, but I must warn you first that I'm not familiar with these 'games of cards.' Do you think the tournament will go long? There do seem to be more delays than I was expecting..."

Castaras
2007-02-12, 03:17 AM
Castaras sighs and opens a spellbook. She begins casting illusions for her own amusemant.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-12, 06:34 AM
((This may just have to be Jousting Month. And I'm alright with that.))

Lady Elaneous tries to overcome the stench of the stink bombs that were set off in order to pull Sir Death's human manifestation to the medical tent. Her eyes water from the stench, but she stubbornly succeeds in her quest. Not even the arrows from Weebl stop her.

After receiving minor treatment for arrow wounds, she exits the medical tent, climbs a tree, and uses this height to jump upon Weebl. Once there she begins to give him a noogie such as the world has never known. Leaving him subdued on the ground, she returns to see how Sir Charity is doing.

((That's for shooting people, Weebl. :smallwink:))

Charity
2007-02-12, 07:02 AM
Whispering into his mounts ear, Charity smiles at the approach of the pink princess. (his mount hurtles off)
"My dear Lady E, have you contented yourself that my admirable opponant has seen the recent cricket scores has come to no lasting harm?"
He bows and kisses the fair maidens hand.
"I have saved us some excellent seats"
(there is a commotion in the distance as Weebl is trampled flat by a stray warhorse of impressive size)
"and I have arranged for refreshments"
(again there is a commotion as the mangled form of Weebl is roughly dragged from his stretcher and stomped once again by the particularly single minded Equine)
"I do hope a strawberry daiquiri will suit?"
(as the medics pick lumps of Weebl out of the turf the charger returns dragging a rotivator and plows Weebl into the soil for good.)
"I do wonder what the hold up is..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-12, 07:22 AM
Lady Elaneous nods and smiles, "I believe he will be fine now that he is in the medic's care. I shall pray for a quick and full recovery." She allows herself to be led to her seat by Charity. "And a drink sounds lovely."

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-12, 07:59 AM
((I reckon we should get a non-participant to do the fights if it they aren't solved by tomorrow... the wait is starting to bother me a bit.

Non-participant so there's less chance of someone rigging things. I wouldn't rig it, but we need someone trustworthy.))

Charity
2007-02-12, 08:52 AM
"Tis but a fraction as sweet as thee, I hope it shall suffice"

http://www.seelecttea.com/images/Strawberry-Daiquiri-M.jpg

"The schedule seems to be disrupted, while we wait should I send a runner for a parasol?"

Supagoof
2007-02-12, 10:45 AM
((Speaking of trust))

Supagoof calls Graklok over.

Graklok, c'mere!

Yeah Soopa, what?

You have not won the favor of your lady. She's not impressed!

Graklok only tell truth, dat Graklok tink she pretty of all da ladies, though dat Saithis id pretty cute too....

You have a thing for dragon's don't you?

Um.....

Nevermind, what your problem is , is that you need to swoon the lady...

Swoon lady?

Tell her you've never seen anything like her.

Graklok seen something like her, she right there! Graklok seen other lady dragons too.

No, Graklok, you have to lie to her.

Lie to her?

Yes, you have to tell her that even death can not stop you from winning her her love. Which actually is not quite a feat right now thanks to Charity.

Death can't stop Graklok?

That's right, tell her you'll be her champion forever, that you will never die.

Graklok say all dat?

Yes, now get going.....

Graklok
2007-02-12, 10:53 AM
Graklok heads over in front of DLD.

Oh, DLD, Graklok has seen the sun, but Graklok has never seen a lady dagron quite like you. Graklok think your preddy, and Graklok think yer smart, and Graklok think that death can not stop Graklok, even though Graklok go fight others for you and not death, cause death not so in good of shape right now.

Tell her you will be there as her champion forever...

Graklok will never die!

*Sees Charity buy Ms. Elanous as strawberry daquiri*

And Graklok will buy you fruity bar drink! And uh....Graklok...will...uh...win you a cave, where your flowers can bloom. Cause Graklok will do all dat, for you! If you will give Graklok your permis...permissish....give Graklok permm...uh...allow Graklok, yeah.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-12, 11:30 AM
Lady Elaneous glances towards the bright sun, "If you would be so kind, Sir Charity, that would be wonderful." She smiles and sips delicately on her delicious drink.

Charity
2007-02-12, 01:27 PM
Charity becons a small child over and bribes him appropriately.
The child returns with a black parasol, looking strangely reminiscent of the recently defeated Deaths best robe.
"Excellent, thank you sonny"
Charity bribes him some more, chuckling and ruffling his hair.

Beymar Emiralk
2007-02-12, 01:54 PM
*Deathcow shows off his juggling skills for the amusement of the ladies*

Two haflings ride in on a unicycle. They both jump off at the same time.

OPAH!

Hey, he's stealing our act!

You call this an act?

What would you call it?

A cry for attention!

*ba dum kssh*

Wanna hear a joke?

Sure.

So, two peanuts walk into a bar.

Oh yeah?

One was assaulted!

*ba dum kssh*

Oh, that's bad. You better tell a funny one....

Let's see, ah, here's one for the pirate king.

Okay...

Captain Red Shirt was a famous pirate captain. His first mate comes running up to him.

Captain, Captain, there's an Order ship off the portside.

Very well, fetch me my red shirt and tell the men to perpare for battle.

The first mate does as he's told. The captain puts on his red shirt. The pirates are ready for battle, and when the ship becomes close, they go at it and are soon victorious.

Some time later, the first mate runs up to the captain again.

Captain, Captain, we have three Order ships off the starside.

Very well, tell the men to perpare for battle, and fetch me my red shirt. the Captain replies stoically.

The first mate does as he's told. The pirates are ready for battle, and when the three ships get close, they go into battle and are soon victorious.

The first mate asks the captain when the battle is over. Captain, why is it that every time we go into battle, you have me fetch your red shirt?

Well, you see, the men fight with my confidence. If I get stabbed in battle, I wear the red shirt so they won't see the stains. Since I appear to never get hurt, the fight bravely for me.

That makes sense. says the first mate.

Not too long after that, the first mate runs up to the captain again.

Captian, Captain. This time there are 7 ships off the bow.

Fetch me my brown pants.

OPAH!

Beymar and Emiralk start juggling when done.

Weebl
2007-02-12, 02:00 PM
I appreciate your efforts, but save some of the scoundrel for me. 'Twould not be honorable to defeat an already-wounded opponent.
*recovers from noogie with a "Heal major wounds"*

"Me? Help you? Highly doubt it. I do it for fun."

*shoots sir Deathcow*

Brickwall
2007-02-12, 04:11 PM
Brickwall ignores the arrows making superficial dents in his armor, but is sure to conjure a wall of bricks in front of Deathcow.

"I've got plenty more where that came from. Your antagonism will only be rewarded with pain until my lady Gwen is satisfied."

Deathcow
2007-02-12, 05:42 PM
*With a few deft strikes from his staff, Deathcow batters down the brick wall, making sure that some of the debris flies in the general direction of those two upstaging halflings*

Brick walls cannot stop me, Brickwall. You shall surely discover this, as soon as the noble Faerwain organizes our fight.

*Deathcow goes to the edge of the arena and amuses himself by lighting things on fire*

wxdruid
2007-02-12, 05:50 PM
Lady Gwen fans herself with a palm leaf as she waits and waits.

faerwain
2007-02-12, 06:31 PM
*driving carefully throught the ongoing madness, faerwain comes nearer. His wheelchair is covered with mud and scratches, and some claw marks. Nevertheless, he seems to be in a good mood. A drinking-horn full of ale hangs by his side, and a shiny new sword is attached behind his back. Axel walks beside him dusty and happy*
"Hail to you all, dearest Playgrounders. Well, I have retur...now what hell? Not again!"

*Out of a structure break at the space-time above his head, a grim-looking, howling, ferocious beast with the print Imperium of Evil 6th legion on it's armour jump attacks at faerwain only to be greeted with a blow on the head by the annoyed knight*
"I thought we were over this now."

*As he puts the shiny sword back in the sheath, you see a little banner attached to it, showing a white castle on red ground and the words: Happy Birthday ol' pal.*

"So, as I can see your eagerness, without further ado, I shall conference with noble selrahc to see how we will proceed. I shall believe it would be the contest for mighty DarkLightDragon now, but I will see."

*leaves the platform to talk to selrahc*

((Arrived back at home, and during the last 2.5 hours I seem to have managed to re-establish an unstable online connection. Will first get back to selrahc so that I don't interrupt anything he has already prepared. Anyway, new fight should start soon))

Raistlin1040
2007-02-12, 07:12 PM
(My match with El Jaspero needs to be fought.)

Jagg
2007-02-12, 07:56 PM
@ Faerwain define "soon"

@ Everyone else - C'mon I still need a challenger!!!!!

wxdruid
2007-02-12, 08:05 PM
We have Sir Brickwall vs Sir Deathcow

faerwain
2007-02-12, 08:28 PM
@ Faerwain define "soon"

@ Everyone else - C'mon I still need a challenger!!!!!

@Jagg: PMed contestants and got some answers, trying to have the fight running during the next 24 hours despite crashing PC and working till late evening tomorrow. But I want to make sure I don't spoil anything selrahc might have prepared. Really trying to speed it up now, see post 131 for explanation of recent delays.
@all: You can PM your attacks, additional actions, speeches and so on in advance although your fight is not yet announced.

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-02-12, 09:42 PM
I'd like to join the game.

2007-02-12, 11:36 PM
Fullbladder bows to Krystal Tiger.

"Fight for thee? Aye, I can do that," he says quietly.

He then draws his rather narrow sword, and tries to look chivalrous.

faerwain
2007-02-13, 04:32 AM
* The squires hurry to remove the barriers, normally meant to separate two contestants while jousting.
With an impatient bark, Axel reminds the squires also to remove his empty goblet, normally meant to be full*

*faerwain raises his voice*

"Amazing audience, it shall be no surprise to us that a personification of such might as the wonderful DarkLightDragon would inspire a battle of such power as this. For this, we have decided to not start with a traditional fight of lances, but remove the barriers and let the fight on horse be a free-form one."

On three different corners of the Tournament ground, the contestants mount their horses.

Sauros grins as he sees that the squires have attached a saddle on the back of his lean, black horse. With two quick cuts of his dagger he slices the straps and lets the saddle fall in the dust. In one elegant move, the elf swings on the back of his horse.

Zar Peter's Dire Donkey stands moveless and rather stoic as the Gnome Contestant mounts it. It's view is fixed on the cocktail in the hand of Ms_Elanous.

Silkenfist looks concentrated, than he suddenly burst into a jump which results into a forward salto into the saddle. Although he winces a little at the landing's impact, he smiles broadly and waves his rapier to greet the cheering audience.

" Our brave contestants are prepared, and the field is free. Now, let the duel BEGIN!*

The sound of Faerwain's starting signal has not yet faded as Saurous and Silkenfist let their steeds rush forward, the lance aimed at each other.
Saurous is leaned forward, holding the lance perfectly balanced and eager to hit Silkenfist out of the saddle. His opponent, on the other side, rides with the same compassion, quickly pressing his left hand against his moustache for some reason.

Zar Peter's first fight is against an unexpected enemy: Ignoring the kicking heels of his Master, the Dire Donkey stands still like a statue, only a small winking of his left ear showing it is actually alive. Zar Peter holds the grip of his lance desperate, his face slowly turning red as he realizes the shame before all those noble Ladies. Helplessly looking around the arena, he suddenly sees something on the other side of the Tournament ground and a glance of hope comes into his face as an idea comes to his mind....

Charity
2007-02-13, 05:48 AM
"Oh good a three for all"
*picks at the recently delivered suckling pig*
"those spikes on that donkey don't look very comfortable... do you think I should lend him Dobbin?"
*swiggs his Pimms*

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-13, 07:07 AM
Hang on...

*A flash of white light surrounds DLD for a few seconds then fades. Her collar has changed and she is now holding something in her hands*

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/kmartyr/DLDValentinesDay.gif

Very nice, Graklok! If you can find a way to enter the fight, then of course you may do so. If it's not too late, that is. Hopefully the host... or is that hosts? dodn't forget to include you.

*DLD given an inquiring glance in Faerwain's direction before watching the next contest*

Good luck, brave sirs! May the best knight win!

faerwain
2007-02-13, 07:22 AM
The Gnome contestant quickly analyses speed and distance of the other two warriors, waits a second more and than waves towards Ms_E with both hands and his lance.
Joyfully, Ms_Elanous waves back at Zar Peter, with this waving her strawberry drink through the air which brings a sudden outburst of action into the hooves of the donkey. Zar Peter just barely has the time to bring his lance into position.

Silkenfist and Sauros have nearly reached each other, the ends of their weapons perfectly on target, when to their surprise the Gnome warrior they nearly forgot bursts in right between the two, making their steeds raise their forelegs.

With some quick words whispered, the Elf Knight, Saurous, manages to calm his horse and re-directs his lance with unbelieveable agility towards the new target of Zar Peter, ready to end his participation in this fight.
Yet, he lost precious moments in the chaos. It would've have been a clear hit between the shoulder and neck of the Gnome, but Zar Peter is already prepared and raises his weapon, blocking the attack of Saurous. Zar Peter rides a few more metres, than sharply turns around, now that the donkey got infected with the battle excitement and has returned to obey his Master's commands.

Meanwhile, Silkenfist has managed to return control over his horse, which got a little rebellious through the shock, and sees a good opportunity. His attempt to hit the passing Gnome failed, but now he has a new chance as the two are engaging each other. He makes another attempt at Saurous, he leans a little out of the saddle to help his horse with the weight and approaches with full speed. Saurous is not able to get himself out of the danger zone in time, he has to take brutal hit from Silkenfist's lance directly at his chest, throwing him backwards, but to the amazement of the spectators, his superior reflexes not only save him from falling to the ground, but he is even able to raise his own lance and inflict a wound in Silkenfists unprotected side before he has to let go.
His lance lying in the dust, himself still fighting for balance, he has no chance to defend himself against Zar Peter's weapon, who rode his attack nearly simultaneously to Silkenfist, so it finds it's target at Saurous shoulder, but leaves only a small wound ,however.

*The crowd let's out a deafening noise, excited over this grandios spectacle. The three contestants return to different corners, waving to the audience. Zar Peter is the only one yet unharmed, and proudly greets with his lance, while Saurous keeps smiling confidently, but it is obvous his wounds hurt badly. Silkenfists lance slivered at the hard impact, so he and Saurous wait for the squires to hand them over new ones.*

((Fight continous in some hours, time for heroic speeches:smallwink: ))

*faerwain ducks under the sharp glance of the dragon*
"But of course not! We only thought that...that.."
*hastily talks to clerics and squires*
"Our well-thought and long-standing plan was, seeing the special kind of warrior Graklok is, and how compassionate he is to show M'Lady Dragon his admiration, it would be the most satisfiying way to let him challenge the winner of this fight for a duel hand-to-hand."

Silkenfist
2007-02-13, 09:02 AM
Damn it. Who has let thie kid on the tournament place. Go away little boy. This is something between me and Mr. Gaping Chest Wound over there.

Zar Peter
2007-02-13, 09:18 AM
I may be small but the wounds my sword slash can be very big!
Prepare to lose, both of you.

Charity
2007-02-13, 09:52 AM
*Carelessly discards a trotter into the arena*
"Mmm this pork is rather special, Lady E, not unlike your good self in that regard."
*gesturing with a gnawed bone to the field of play*

"It doesn't seem hardly fair that the chunky fellow gets a buy into the next round, though perhaps that is at the ladies behest"
*looking down at the bone in his hand*
"I wonder whats keeping sir Death in the first aid tent... perhaps the nurses have turned his eye, eh?"

Graklok
2007-02-13, 10:36 AM
Getting DLD's permission, Graklok cheers wildly.

Yay! Graklok prove he stongest fer you fer sure, else Graklok ain't Graklok. But Graklok is Graklok, and Graklok know how fight. Graklok need go find horsey now.

faerwain
2007-02-13, 05:28 PM
*Armed with fresh lances, the contestants wait in their respective corners. All are impatient to continue their wild battle, as is the crowd who are cheering loudly for their favourites. Saurous seems to have recovered a little, though his wounds must still hurt badly. At this moment, no one is willing to retreat from the duel to get his wounds bandaged, but as it was at the last fight, healers and clerics are positioned around the arena. A squire with a goblet of wine and a goblet of fresh water stands besides every contestant.
Silkenfist is amusing the people around him with jokes and taunts aimed at his contrahents, and empties his goblet of wine with a Cheers to the Ladies' Tribune.
Zar Peter looks around proudly after the fight went so well for him, and pats his donkey behind the ears, forgiving his stubborness at the beginning.
Faerwain looks at each Fighter; gaining a nod from everyone, he lifts his arm and gives the signal for the battle to start again*

Lances down, the three contestants hurry to each other. Quickly, the directions become obvious: Both Silkenfest and Saurous aim for the little Gnome Warrior who became a threat to them so surprisingly, while Zar Peter is going for Silkenfist.

With the loud noise of sratching metal and slivering wood, they crash at each other. After the dust settles a little, the crowd sees in admiration the result:
A bloody line is clearly visible on Silkenfists chest where Zar Peter's lance has hit him , but quickly graping the cantle, the colourful dressed fighter remains in the saddle.
But the small but courageous warrior faces the same problems: While his weapon found its target, he experiences the pain of Silkenfists spearhead puncturing his shoulder. His face grows pale, but the fine example of gnome-technology advanced saddles keeps him on the back of his Donkey.
In a reflex, Zar Peter raises his lance again quickly, just in time to change the direction of Saurous' weapon, letting it pass his body harmlessly.

Quickly turning around, Silkenfist sees the chance and makes a sudden attack against the dark figure of the Elf. But, he was to hasty:
Saurous does not need to defend himself, as Silkenfist misses him clearly. With some selected swearwords, Silkenfest removes himself from the battle zone some metres to turn around then and be able to aim more carefully.
It seems that the minds of the other work similar: They both make a little distance to charge again.
Urging his horse with commands in Elven tongue, Saurous rushes towards Silkenfist, heading directly for his body.
Zar Peter tries to interrupt him with an attack from the side, but Saurous hits away the threating weapon without even slowling down. Silkenfist, surprised by his focused enemy, tries desperately to bring the lance between him and Saurous, but, too slow:

With full force, Silkenfist his hit by the Elf's lance, and the brutal impact throws him from the horse to the ground where he tumbles two times before laying still.

Deathcow
2007-02-13, 05:33 PM
A valiant effort from Zar Peter, I must say. His luck may have run out now that one of the other contestants is down, however.

Jagg
2007-02-13, 05:47 PM
Lord Jagg claps as the brave Silkenfist tumbles through the dust. "Unlucky there." he says. Playing cards with the Lady, he motions his squire to bring her a drink as they watch the contest.

wxdruid
2007-02-13, 06:17 PM
Lady Gwen watches the contest with interest as she sips a llamanade.

Brickwall
2007-02-13, 06:50 PM
Brickwall conjures a brick stoop to sit on as he yawns from impatience and boredom.

faerwain
2007-02-13, 07:16 PM
Breathing hard, the gnomish warrior and the elven knight prepare to end this now, and it's for everyone to see that it is about time. Both are reaching the last reserve of strenght they have. But once again, lances are prepared and they hurry their mounts towards each other.

"Servant, fill up my horn! This superb example of braveness is exhausting by just watching!!"

The opponents are so concentrated that they do not recognise the incredible cheering that arises suddenly-not that the excited crowd would have been quiet until now. One last time the riders crash into each other, resulting in a spectacular slivering, as both block each others attack. Glancing at each other, the broken remains of the lances are let loose and fall to the ground. With a very fast movement, Saurous reaches out for his hand weapon, a fear-inducing scythe. Zar Peter grabs a wooden staff, advanced with some metal plates and strange looking components,constructed with finest gnomish weapon mastery.

The weapons are lift, and just as the hand-to-hand combat starts, with Saurous attacking furiously and the Gnome blocking with high skill,the cheering of the crowd reaches a new level of deafining. A third rider appears at the side of Zar Peter's view. With quick reflexes, he turns and hits his staff at the human appearance, only to find his attack blocked - by a thin rapier!!

Yes, it is Silkenfist, who, after being unconscious for some seconds, grabbed his horse and managed in a great struggle, with some breaks to handle the immense pain, to mount his horse again and get into the fight . His hand shaking, his moustache hanging kind of loose, he tries to make a funny remark at his surprised foes while fencing, but in his condition, he only achieves to give them a "I'm not dead yet, I just smell funny."
Silkenfist raises his rapier high to swing against Zar Peter, but his trembling body refuses. He misses, and the momentum let's him fall over, actually cutting his own leg with the sharp blade.
Seeing this, Saurous immediately raises his scythe to avoid hurting Silkenfest. He and Zar Peter retreat a few horse steps, so that the squires are able to catch the horse with the badly hurted swashbuckler and take it from the arena grounds. Saurous cannot restrain himself from commenting: "Persistence: Impressive. Agility with the Rapier: Exemplary. Talent for Aiming: Needs work."

The restarting fight afterwards is short. Exchanging some blows, the dark Elf is able to cut the Gnome's arm, but shortly after he receives a hard hit directly to his head. Miraculous, he still does not fall off, but hanging on the back, fighting unconsciouness, it is obvious that he is unable to fight on.

After a sign of Faerwains hand, the trumpets anounce the end of the battle.

((Some thoughts from me:
-You all see that we most probably won't have finished by Valentine's Day(it's already 1.5 hours VVD here). So I simply declare Playground has more Valentine Time than a lousy day and hope you will keep interest and fun nevertheless.(I should maybe keep the descriptions shorter.)
- I was actually planning to now make the fight for Gezina or Alarra, though technically DLD's fight is not over. My reasons: We have alot of peole waiting, and so DLD got at least the most part of her fight for VVD-the Final:Graklok vs. Zar Peter is of course not cancelled! But so we might have at least a contest of poems/songs at Valentine. I'm aware that Brickwall for example was nearly one of the first to join this game and is still waiting, but I thought a change of fighting style would prevent my jousting stories becoming boring.
What do you think? It's only an idea of me, and I know I will be kicked by somebody anyway-and may it only be by a mod for making up artificial playground calendars:smallwink:
-To all who have-and will be- contested: The Tournament is supplied with the best healers and clerics, so feel free to be healed in no time and return to enjoy the show if you want. ))

Deathcow
2007-02-13, 07:30 PM
Huzzah to the gnome! And Honorable Mention definitely goes to Silkenfist, for pure stubbornness.

Alarra
2007-02-13, 07:36 PM
Alarra having been worrying that someone might get terribly hurt, is relieved to see everyone pull through okay and claps for the victors, wondering when we'll get to the singing.

2007-02-13, 07:46 PM
The Pirate King struts about on his sea-horse, eager to meet his challenger for the hand of Lady Ceika.

Krystal_Tiger
2007-02-14, 12:21 AM
Ilaissa smiles at the lucky gnome, then turns to faerwain. Could a game of riddles be used as well? I do enjoy riddles.
She then turns to the Master of Goblins, By the way, can you tell riddles?

((and faerwain, if you extend VVD, it doesn't bother me:smallsmile: . and plus, the playground is a constently changing place, people disapering for mouths on end for no reson, new people appering out of thin air, etc :smallbiggrin: ))

((also in case anyone fights lord fullbladder:

!GO GOBLIN!

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-14, 02:43 AM
*DLD looks with concern at the injured contestants*

That was unfortunate.

Silkenfist
2007-02-14, 02:58 AM
Silken sits up staggeringly. "All for your honor mila...:", then slumps back into unconsciousness before he gets to finish the sentence.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-14, 05:47 AM
((Two pieces of chocolate should NOT make me hyperactive!

Actually, I'm not sure if it's the chocolate...

KEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!))

*DLD bares her teeth for a moment as Silkenfist falls unconscious*

Where are the clerics? Get them over here! The knight Silkenfist still needs aid!

*DLD stares ahead while she waits for something to happen*

faerwain
2007-02-14, 07:08 AM
* The clerics of the Tournament are already famous for their speed, but at the view of an angry half-dragon they set up a new record. In fact, only a Silkenfest-shaped dust cloud remains where he used to be just a moment ago.
Seconds later, the people around the First Aid tent can hear the High Cleric at work: "Scissors" "Scissors, your Holyness." "Swab" "Swab" "Sacred Miracle"...*

*Faerwain turns towards Krystal Tiger*
" A traditional contest of riddles and mysteries? That is an excellent idea, Fair Lady, if your Knights agree on sharping their wit instead of their blade, it shall be."

*speaking to DLD"
"Fear not, noble Entity, the wounded contestants will receive medical aid of incomparable standard.
This was an unbelieveable display of courage and determination we saw, , but, if I'm allowed to say, I'm not surprised as they were fighting for such beauty."

*bows*

((contacted some contestants for the next one, but have to leave computer now. Will be back later))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-14, 07:31 AM
Not looking up, Lady Elaneous asks Sir Charity, "Is the fight over?" She has been clenching his arm the entire time it would seem. "I am glad the next contest will be a little less... brutal."

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-14, 07:31 AM
((I can freak clerics out? :smallcool: ))

Charity
2007-02-14, 08:41 AM
"It is indeed my good Lady E. The little fella has won... spikey seat and all"
Flicking through his program
"ooh yes I'm really looking forward to the next competition, a battle of witt will be most refreshing"

He necks the rest of his Pimms and pours himself another
"Would you care for more refreshment dear lady?"

Zar Peter
2007-02-14, 09:49 AM
Heavy breathing, but very proud Zar Peter looks around!

This fight was tough, but the price is it worth. Please get me some clerics, I have another quest to fulfill to reach the heart of the glorious and beautiful dragon lady

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-14, 10:42 AM
Lady Elaneous looks up and nods, unclenching Sir Charity's arm. "That would be most delightful, thank you." She also notices the presence of the sun shade, "Oh, how lovely. It's much more comfortable now.

faerwain
2007-02-14, 12:24 PM
*Faerwain recognizes how unsettled Ms_Elanous is from the hard battle and gives some orders to the Tournament artists.
A falconer approaches Ms_E and Charity and starts to entertain them with the skills of his impressive raptor*

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q235/faerwain/falk.jpg

*trumpets of announcement*
"Hear, worthy fellows!! Who is willing to mess his wit and knowledge with the Goblin Knight Lord Fullbladder for the favour of the incomparable beautiful Illaissa in duel of riddles?

I also ask the Nobles Brickwall and Deathcow to pray have a word with me!

At the last, I ask the servant to fill up my horn again!"

((the 'who's online' box would be handy now))

2007-02-14, 02:22 PM
"Hmmmm. Yes, a riddle contest. That should do finely," says Fullbladder, pondering one riddle in particular.

Graklok
2007-02-14, 02:50 PM
Graklok comes into the arena. Rather then riding a horse, he has.....an ostrich?

Giddy up horsey! Graklok says. The ostrich trots over in front of the ladies booth.

Dear lady, Graklok has steed, Graklok has weapon, Graklok has music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U), now Graklok need rhythm and den ask fer no more. Graklok win this tournament for you. Through the flanks of horsey, Graklok shall show Graklok's devotion to you. Through Graklok's lance, Graklok shall win this for you. Through Graklok's wit, otay maybe not wit, um....Through Graklok's strength, Graklok make meat pudding out of opponents for you.

A cough is heard, as you look to where it came from, you spot Supagoof pulling out a wand and shooting something at Graklok. His speech patterns change.

My dearest beautiful DarkLightDragon, I shall gallop a million paces, travel through the most terrible of lands, climb the highest mountains, and swim through the most torrent of rivers for but a glimpse of you. In these, the noblest of times, you sit high above others with your divine grace and astonishing wisdom, Please allow me to show my utter and complete devotion for you by defeating the other nay-sayers who have dared to digrace your holy name with their association. Let it be known, that your are not the prize, nor the target, but rather you are the arrow, that has imbedded itself deep within my heart. For you and you alone, I will prove myself. For but a whisper of you speech, I shall grow flowers across the land so that it may hope to compare itself to your loveliness. And for this, I ask of you nothing but a glance in my direction.

Turning to Zar Peter - Now, foul knave who dare to bring such dis-honor with his presence to lady Dark Light Dragon, ready thyself - for the time is at hand. I..er Graklok...er...challenge you...wanna fight...er...LET'S GET IT ON! ((Spell has worn off))

Zar Peter
2007-02-14, 03:23 PM
Zar Peter, surrounded by two clerics trying to heal a pair of minor flesh wounds, turnes to Graklok!

Honourfull are your words, the most of them after all, and they are nearly reaching the unspeakable beautifulness of the Lady we are fighting for. But to win the heart of a mighty dragon there are more than words, it´s the strenght and the cleverness in a big fight.
So prepare well, if your fighting abilitis are equal to your poetry I'm sure it will be hard for me to win against you.

Whispering to himself Who let this half orc in? The security at this contest must have been sleeping.

Castaras
2007-02-14, 03:28 PM
Castaras de Uberwald looks round at the contestants, favouring none, yet watching.

2007-02-14, 03:32 PM
Fullbladder throws a peice of popcorn in the general direction of Zar Peter.

"I take personal offence to any insults towards the so-called Monster races, and any race that claims heritage as such."

As he speaks, he shifts his position slightly, getting a small crossbow closer to his hand.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-14, 05:44 PM
((*is amused*))

Charity
2007-02-14, 08:01 PM
"My dear Lady E"
*Hands her a drink*

http://www.digsmagazine.com/images/hostarticles/drinks/pinacolada.jpg

"Hmm... these seats are all very well for a short duration..."
*He rumages in his backpack*
"Aha"

http://www.furnitureandpots.org/images/cat/main_kwila_lounge03.jpg
http://www.furnitureandpots.org/images/cat/main_kwila_lounge03.jpg

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-14, 08:32 PM
Lady Elaneous gives a thankful nod to Sir Faerwain and smiles at the falconer, watching the act with keen interest. "It is so beautiful to watch," she comment, eyes are glued to the bird currently in the midst of an aerial loop. The thoughts of the previous fight are soon long forgotten.

After a few moment's of watching she turns to Sir Charity and accepts the drink, "Thank you very much, Sir Charity, although many more drinks and I'm afraid I may lose my ladylike composure." She blushes a bit. Lady E also notices the new chairs. "Oh, these are wonderful. You are marvelously prepared, Sir Charity." She sips daintily on the pina colada with a look that says she is obviously enjoying this new taste. She's never had one before.