PDA

View Full Version : The Violet Mist Makers [IC]

kreenlover
2014-04-10, 04:55 PM
The town below is silent, and grey. People scurry about their business, afraid to look up at the mountain where he rules from. A gang of police march down the street, making sure that everyone follows the rules. All is silent, all is grey. And, as the sun begins to set, all falls still.
It is silent in the town, silent as the grave. As the mists twirl and twine, spin and swirl, nothing stirs. Even the guards stay in their houses this night; for something dark, something Grim stirs.
The mist flows up the mountain, unafraid, or just not knowing what it is that it should fear. Or maybe it goes despite all that, defiant, angry at the man who has killed so many, who plans to kill so many more, who sits and spins his webs.
Or perhaps that is just in the imagination of the lone orc who sits guard at the top of the steps. He doesn't really need to be there; anyone foolish enough to come after him deserves what they get. But he sits there anyways. Thats what he is paid to do after all. Others are paid to spy, kill, scout, do interesting things. He would rather be doing that then standing here, guarding the terrifying ruined monastery with the hole for a door and the burns on the walls and roof. He would rather be out doing something than sitting here watching the mist and trying not to think about what his master will do if he were to find out that he was slacking.
At the thought he sits up straighter, and readies his weapon again. It would do his family no good to get the death pay for only a few years. Much better to get them his full pay for much longer.

The mist did not care about the orc and his thoughts. It flowed past him, past, and into the temple. Into the ruined monastery, through the empty rooms that had once known life, learning, and joy. It floats past the blood stains, twirls around the debris, and caresses the undead that now stand there, still and unmoving like the town below.
Then the mist moves on, looking it seems, for something living, something moving. Or maybe it is trying to run further from the coming dawn that will burn it to nothing.
It flows up the stairs, up, up, and down a hallway. Other doors are here, many broken. One ahead is not broken. It passes the forms asleep in the neighbouring rooms and continues on, and on, closer and closer to that one door. Suddenly the door opens, and the mist stops, backs up, pauses, at the form that is revealed.
Then, it continues its forward crawl, the sudden breeze gone.
Forwards, forwards, towards his feet.
Towards the feet of Lord Inoshi.

The Grim Author
2014-04-10, 05:39 PM
Lord Inoshi glances downward for a brief moment, regarding the mist at his feet with contempt. If it is word from a scout, it will speak soon enough. If it is an enemy's declaration, that too will reveal itself in time. And if it is a challenger...

Lord Inoshi's facial wraps distort in the surest sign of a cruel smile. That, he thinks, would be the most entertaining possibility of all. But first... "Who has sent you?"

The voice is deep, and it radiates a cold aura of boredom and disdain. He moves his hand to the sword at his side, a shorter sword with two edges that slowly tapered and a blade that thinned drastically as the sword went further forward. The blade is straight, rather than the curved blades most ninja wakizashi had. Inoshi himself is clad all in black. From his belt, the one distinctive feature (apart from the sword), hangs a violet sphere, which leaks a small amount of mist.

kreenlover
2014-04-12, 11:28 AM
The mist curls around Inoshi's feet, uncaring, as it moves further into the room. Finally it pools in the center of it, and sits there for a moment.
Then, it swirls up into the shape of a person. It remains mist, but extends a hand towards Inoshi.
"Stealer of souls, killer of men.
Master of words beyond Mortal's ken.
Seeker of pain, dealer of death
You are why our souls cannot rest.

Slain in battle for no reason but hate,
Denied any chance to improve our cruel fate.
Know ye fear, and know ye dread;
We curse you now; ne'er rest 'til you're dead!"

The mist lunges forwards and flows into and around Inoshi, forcing its way into his eyes, his mouth, his nose, his throat. He can feel it trickling down inside him, trying, trying to do something.

The Grim Author
2014-04-12, 03:08 PM
Lord Inoshi was surprised at the mist's recitation, soon realizing it to be a ghost or some other mystic effect. And yet, he knew what to do about that. He adopted a special stance, daught to him in one of the scrolls he had gained from a ninja master before that man's death. He focused as his mind flashed through hand signals that had become ingrained in his psyche, words coming into his brain faster than he could say.

And after that moment's concentration, out it came, out came the technique he had learned. The text had said it was the "Greater Fading Shadow Technique"; Inoshi had heard of it under a different name. Still, if this was a mystical effect, it would dissolve soon. Provided, of course, he had performed the technique properly.

kreenlover
2014-04-12, 07:33 PM
The mist stops inside of him, no longer pushing, no longer trying to change him.
But it stayed there. Cold. Wet. Cloying.
Breaths are hard to draw for a moment before the heat of his body warms the mist.
A pause.
Then, mist starts to leak from his mouth with each breath, with each word.

The Grim Author
2014-04-12, 11:07 PM
Inoshi laughed a little. "Your dedication is admirable. It is also futile." He unwrapped his mask and looked in the mirror. "...Yes, father. I know in my heart this is the right course. I will prove it." He put the mask back on and poured himself a bowl of water. "But first... I will look upon my next target." Into it he dropped the small prism. "Show me, mirror. Show me the one who sent this fog to kill me."

kreenlover
2014-04-13, 09:46 AM
The bowl of water clouds over, then goes clear as day. Inoshi's breath makes little puffs as he waits for it to stop showing him his reflection, and show him the one who sent the spirit wraith.
Finally, the water begins to show a scene of death and darkness.
After another moment Inoshi recognizes it as the night he killed the inhabitants of the town. As they die, a tiny wisp flows from each of their mouths, out into the sky.
Then it moves ahead through several days and nights until the mist pools, and then comes after him.

Alihandros
2014-04-13, 01:17 PM
Stepping from what appears to be the shadows of the room, a beautiful woman apparently made of water gets to one knee before addressing Lord Inoshi.

It appears my Lord, that you have damned yourself with your own actions from that night. If you would like I can consult the ancient texts and see what they show on how to banish this curse from your soul.

With that said, Chishikino will try to remember what she has read in her library.

[roll0]
If you'd like I can roll them all separately or just do it this way as all have the same modifier.

The Grim Author
2014-04-13, 08:48 PM
Inoshi looked at the woman, his normally-cold eyes flashing with sincere appreciation. "That will do nicely, Shui," he said. He had called her that before, in public, out of respect for her desire for privacy. Normally, he would use her real name in this room, but with the door open and the sounds coming from it... "Still... I do not believe that it 'damned' me. The Shadow Render tore at it, and found it lacking." He plucked the prism from the bowl, placing it in his chest pocket. "I shall be observing the old man again once I have finished my preparations. Today or tomorrow, we shall set out to kill him."

As his lieutenant worked through her mind, he drew a sigil on the ground, a circular seal within which was described the symbol of a dead god. He set up candles around him, producing enough illumination combined to light it up as though it was day. "Sovereign of the Howling Dark, hear my plea. I call you into this reality to aid me in my quest. Eldest One, I call you into this world to aid me in destroying one who would imprison you in the darkness you so despise until the end of days."

kreenlover
2014-04-14, 03:40 PM
The winds whip at Inoshi, whirling, this time picking him almost to his feet before heavily letting him drop.
He falls to his knees with a bang as the dark eyes forces itself open, and turns to face Inoshi.
The presence fills the room as it waits for Inoshi to plead his case.

Meanwhile Crichikino thinks. But, try as she might, she cannot remember a single event like this before. Nothing similar in all the annals that she knows of...yet.

The Grim Author
2014-04-14, 09:55 PM
"Eldest of the Ancients, you have made pacts with the people of my homeland since time immemorial. We have always sought to bring you into the light you so adore, that you might see it through our eyes." He dared not raise his head. Lord he may be, but Lord was a title that held no meaning to such unbelievably ancient beings. Besides, the Sovereign's power was such that Lord Inoshi was barely a speck before him. His case would have to be pled with the utmost of care.

"And then, they came for us. For those who knew how to call you and your ilk. Those who knew how to bring you into the light. They came to kill us. I alone survived the slaughter caused by the agents of a foreign king. And now I ask you, once more, to aid me. To assist my efforts to bring another jailor into the light, permanently." Inoshi smiled as he tore off his mask. "I, 魔竜東, son of 魔金山, last student of 刀白金, beg your assistance, my lord Orthos, master of the brilliant lights!"

kreenlover
2014-04-15, 08:59 PM
There is a pause and then the winds whips up again, sucking in towards the eye as it draws 魔竜東 in. It seems angry, vengeful this time as his knees are dragged forwards such that they edge towards the seal, about to smudge and break it, but he cannot move.
Then, with a final burst the winds draw him into the center of the seal, breaking the design, and stand him upright before fading away.
Looking down 魔竜東 and Chrishiniko can see that where the seal once was there is now just one word:

VENGEANCE
The Eldest's desire is clear.

The Grim Author
2014-04-16, 02:00 AM
As Inoshi looked down at the word, he nodded. Wind whipped around him, a wind only he could feel. Carefully, he picked up a candle. He walked over to Chishikino. "It seems," he whispered, "that we have learned the terms of the Eldest One's bargain." He knew that to speak above this volume would anger Orthos, and that wasn't a risk Inoshi could take before he had killed his target.

He gripped the candle tight as he spoke, looking for something to put it in. "Shui... gather all of our troops. We leave in five minutes. I just need to make a few more... preparations." He looked at the light in his hands. He was sure the Eldest One, watching through his eyes, could see it. It was a beautiful sight, he reflected, and the sense of wonder he had had when his father first lit a candle in his presence, commanding a flame and creating light where once was darkness, always seemed magnified when Orthos was allowed great influence.

As he looked at the candle, he reflected on the library of seals and spirits which lurked in his mind. He could have thre bound to his soul, after all... who should the other two be?

Alihandros
2014-04-16, 11:24 AM
Taking the lords tone as a something she must do as well, she will "whisper" as well.

"As you will my lord, I'll leave your personal guard to your summons, but will gather the rider, the orc lord, and whomever else you wish."

After getting final instructions of who all to summon to this conquest she will slip into the shadows and disappear, eager to start.

The Grim Author
2014-04-16, 05:01 PM
"...The spellsword as well. Go forth and bring them to the gates. I shall join you there." Inoshi knelt on the ground, drawing a sigil as he did so. The sigil was one tied to his master's death, for that morning his Master had summoned this spirit to aid him.

Inoshi pressed his hands against the seal as he finished it, intoning in a loud whisper, "Haures, come forth, that I might treat with you. I have something to ask of you, o Dreaming Duke."

kreenlover
2014-04-16, 05:26 PM
The cycle starts with the tiger, then the human, then the zombie, and so on. It is not until the third such cycle that the human stares at Inoshi.
"Speak your desire and be done with it.
"Wait...no. I know you. You are the boy who has summoned me before, the boy who was there at his master's death, the boy who-"
The voice cuts off as the form begins to rot, but suddenly, the form is human once more.
"I shall finish this conversation! I dreamt not that night! You were the boy who's master was killed by the ninja for summoning me, the boy who declared his revenge and has called on me since to help with that revenge.
"Is it time to finish your quest for madness and peace and kill the serpent that writhes through the night, the serpent of hatred within you as well as within the world's spine, the night and day, dark and light, brightest, brightest, brightest, ragh!" the man claws at his face with tiger paws.
"Make your request before my mind fades entirely human!"

The Grim Author
2014-04-16, 09:40 PM
"O master of illusions, King of the Unreal, I desire your aid in my quest, for I have found another master of ninja, another leader who oppressed the people of 新国. Aid me, that my soul might once more know a measure of peace." Inoshi was almost certain that this Ninja Master was the one who had sent the ninja to kill his teacher. And if it wasn't, the target was a student of the one who had sent that ninja. Of this, he was certain. The searching over the years had led him to this man. He was, in some way, integral to Inoshi's revenge, and not merely by being a Ninja Master.

kreenlover
2014-04-17, 03:33 PM
"You shall have your desire! Revenge shall be yours! Go now and fulfill this will and desire that you may let me rest in peace!"

Alihandros
2014-04-18, 08:21 PM
The being known as Shui to the common troops will flit amongst them like a shadow, telepathically summoning those her lord wants, giving them the command he had given her.

"Our lord bids us to prepare for battle, gather your men, equipment, and other needs and gather at the gate for our lords commands and desires from us for this coming battle. I will be keeping an eye on all of you as well."

Erik Vale
2014-04-18, 11:25 PM
Joathe and Nigoto were eager for the call, the Neraph ending his Kata as soon as the word made it to him, the fires of his blade dimming before it retracted in the hilt, and Joathe rising from his meditations. The Darkchild twins were somewhat slower, frowning as they let the illusions they were playing with fade, however after a moment they looked positively giddy at the thought of a battle...
A battle meant new play things and new soldiers to make after all.

Hamste
2014-04-19, 09:13 AM
Shog was eating a late supper with his family when the summons came up. He burped and excused himself from his wife and children. He started bellowing for soldiers to start packing up. A couple children scampered up to him and started mimicking his actions. He smiled and kept walking through them. He looked away from them a second and when he looked back he noticed there appeared to be another little head in the group. He reached into the group to lift up Samuel so they could look at each other eye to eye. He kicked a bit before relaxing and he just crossed his arms staring at Shog. Shog just grinned at him for a bit before starting to speak.

I’m getting better at this spotting things, eh. Anyways, we have orders, we are heading back to the main base. Before you ask, it appears to be for some fight or other. Either way we will have some travelling to do if we want to reach there in time for some killing.

Samuel looked down at the group of black haired orcs and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. It made him shudder to think noticing a blond Halfling in a group of black haired orcs counted as an improvement to Shog.
Erm, very good spot, sir. I will start getting the others ready. Why don’t you go back to your meal and I will handle getting the camp packed up for you sir.

Nah, I was almost done my meal and this promises to be more interesting.

He put Samuel down before walking over to a broken cart and lifting it up so that the orc working on it could stick the wheel back on. He then whacked another orc who was working to slow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryu packed up quickly and got onto his Ashworm. There wasn’t much to do for preparation. He just needed some food and to make sure his Ashworm was ready. He petted his ashworm a bit murmuring quietly to it before heading off to the destination.

The Grim Author
2014-04-19, 10:37 PM
Inoshi felt the pact being made, felt it sink into his bones. "I thank you, o Dreaming Duke. And now, there is yet one more who must be asked for assistance..." His voice never moved above a whisper as he walked through the rooms, down to the pathway, in which he drew a seal. "O Ronove, Entombed In Iron and Bound Under Earth, I call thee. I seek thy aid. Come forth."

kreenlover
2014-04-20, 08:59 PM
The ground splits open as a coffin rises up. The face stares at you somehow, and waits.

Meanwhile, people rush to help you all get ready as the army make ready for a march. For war against the ninja.
The air practically buzzes with energy.

The Grim Author
2014-04-28, 12:34 AM
"Abandoned One, I seek your assistance. My master's killer's master, or his fellow-student, has been located. He who taught me your sigil was murdered by this man, and I shall have my vengeance upon him. I would your assistance, should you be so kind." Behind his whispering voice lay iron and steel. He would tell his lieutenant to speak for him, to use her telepathy to draw his words so his people would not hear him whisper.

"Aid me, o Iron Mistress. This I request of you."

kreenlover
2014-04-28, 09:25 AM
"You shall have that which you wish. I shall aid"

oh, so, yah, the dreaming duke agreed to help you without need of making a pact check. You made a good check

The Grim Author
2014-04-28, 06:27 PM
Inoshi nodded, standing solemnly as Ronove's power entered his body. He clenched his fists a couple times before walking out, taking with him the lantern. Into his ears he shoved wax, for he knew that his lieutenant would have to shout to their gathered troops in order for his words to be heard.

Soon, he reached where Shui had gathered the others. "You will speak for me," he whispered. "You may read the thoughts in my mind and give them to the others. By the law of the pact, I may speak no louder than this. And I have need of all the power I can hold onto today."

Alihandros
2014-04-28, 07:57 PM
Whispering to Inoshi, "It would be my pleasure my lord."

With that said, she will do as her lord instructs her to do.

The Grim Author
2014-04-28, 10:30 PM
Inoshi allowed his thoughts to begin flowing. Today would be the day. They would leave immediately, reaching a monastery to the south. There, they would find a ninja master and his students. This ninja master, this particular Master, was an important part of his plans. His death would be the next great step in their plans, plans which would expand Inoshi's domain by the addition of at least one more village. Plans which would see the world change under his hand, by force (since peace was a route which would never succeed), and to a vision that he and those who served him willingly would rejoice in.

And then, a short message to Shui. A message solely directed at her: I will be establishing a system new to these lands soon. A system seen long ago in 新国, in my ancestors' days. A system brought back by the ruler this ninja's student or fellow murdered for... Inoshi shook his head, drawing his sword and pointing it in the direction they would head.

It would be time soon. Vengeance would be served in some small measure.

Alihandros
2014-05-01, 05:11 PM
"VENGEANCE, that is what we seek, that is what we shall extract from this monastery of ninjas, and their master whom thinks he can rule how he chooses. We will show him that what he and the other masters of the land think is WRONG. We will fight with honor, discipline, and courage that all of them seem to think we lack. We shall show them the misconceptions of their ways of thinking. They shall have to change their ways because ours shall be the true path set before them, the path set by Lord Inoshi himself. To this we march off to show them the error of their ways."

After Inoshi points the direction, Shui shall bow in acquisition to what he has intrusted her with.

"Now we show them that our Vengeance burns true, and that it will ignite a fire within the land one way or another change shall come."

Obligatory Oratory Roll Here: [roll0]

Erik Vale
2014-05-01, 08:02 PM
Joathe and Nigoto both stand just a little straighter after Shui's speech... The Darkchild twins on the other hand just refrain from eye-rolling but look more subdued then normal.

kreenlover
2014-05-06, 07:32 PM
Those who have gathered burst into cheers, shouting, roaring, ready for the coming battle.

Ready to go. I'm assuming that you guys have some kind of teleport... :smalltongue:

The Grim Author
2014-05-08, 11:28 AM
Lord Inoshi walked to the lake at the base of his mountain fortress. "Show me the monastery of the next target," he whispered, "and make for me a portal to this location."

The lake shimmered for a moment, and then a massive vision appeared of the targeted monastery. Inoshi pointed, signaling that they would head there now, through the gateway created by the prism.

kreenlover
2014-05-08, 03:12 PM
As the first person steps through, there is a distortion, the usual distortion of teleportation.
Here it is further west, so the sun is not yet up. Emerging into a large courtyard, there are three doors into the temple.
However, standing in the center of the yard is a single man.
"I was wondering if you'd be arriving today. It seems that we cannot live but for the attacks of others.
"I am Sensei Fumiki Takizawa. I assume that you are here to challenge me?"

The Grim Author
2014-05-10, 05:48 PM
"You may well say that," whispered Inoshi. "But first, I have two questions for you. Firstly, does the name 新国 mean anything to you? And second... have you ever had a student or fellow-learner whose eyes were red as blood, with a blade of obsidian and a voice of steel?"

Alihandros
2014-05-10, 08:18 PM
Commuting telepathically with Inoshi,My lord, I will leave the sensei to you, I will take some of the others and go hunt down the students and villagers around here.

With that Shui will communicate her plan with the others and slip into the shadows.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]

Also she has 230 ft Mindsight to detect living creatures. And those she detects, she learns everything about them, age where they were born, important life events etc.

kreenlover
2014-05-10, 09:46 PM
"The name I do not recognize. I am sorry to disappoint you in that. I once knew a man who had bloodred eyes and a voice like steel. He did not carry an obsidian blade when I knew him. He was a cruel and capricious man. We never got along, but we worked together well when it was required of us. What of him?"
The man points at Shui as she goes.
"I would request that you stay here madam. My students are sleeping right now, and I'd rather not have them woken up. Its such a bother trying to calm some of them after they see strangers appear with weapons ready"

Erik Vale
2014-05-10, 10:08 PM
Nigoto smiles as he grasps The Spirits Pyre, walking to the right as Jaothe walks to the Left, Arcane Maul shimmering with magic power. The twins stay silent in their pools of inky blackness, rising up and back. Should Fumiki be able to see through darkness, he would see vicious smiles on their faces.

Hamste
2014-05-11, 09:20 AM
Shog scratched his head as he listened. He appreciated the speech, it was presented well but it didn’t really apply to him. He didn’t care about what their motives were or what his enemies thought. What mattered to him was that they were paid well and that as few of his followers died as possible. He looked over at his friend and saw him looking quite intent at the speaker. Shog grinned as he ruffled Samuel’s hair before leaning over to whisper.

Don’t even try little buddy. I know you like them tall but she is way out of your league and you don’t want to have to face the awkwardness of her inevitable rejection.

Your probably right, sir, but it never hurts to keep an eye out.

Sam whispered back.

The orcs cheered as the speech finished.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryu rode his ashworm into the portal confidently. He wasn’t exactly at his best in buildings but he would do his best in these circumstances.

Shog looked over his followers and started yelling in Orcish.

Don’t take risks you don’t need to. Stay in groups of four and if you spot someone don’t forget to shout out in Orcish to the others before engaging. Even if you think your group can take them call out anyways. Medics, make sure to mark those you have healed if you don’t have the time to get them back on their feet. We don’t want others wasting time on those not bleeding out. Also, when looting only one person loots at a time while the other three watch. I don’t care if it is more efficient for everyone to loot; it is a recipe for disaster if no one is paying attention. Also remember, if I find anyone not paying the loot tax, I will skin you alive. Now, LET’S GO KILL SOME PEOPLE.

Sam walked in first to be ready to help organize the orcs if needed. Then came the orcs, one at a time in organized in solemn lines with their shields ready. They quickly get into their square columns with those in front bringing up their shields to protect those switching to their bows behind them. The last orc to go through is Shog, who takes his place at the front of his lines with his shield and fist at the ready for the order to advance.

Just noting, I had to change power attack for shog because I realized fists are light weapons so it doesn't do anything. I also noticed I missed two feats and so I filled those in

Alihandros
2014-05-11, 09:06 PM
"I will bow to your request if you will allow me a taste of what you know."

With that Shui will flick a droplet of the surrounding water at the Sensei just to see what he does.

kreenlover
2014-05-12, 09:23 AM
"And the others should also stay here. The twins, the man with the hammer, the orcs, and the wyrmrider. It is best to stay here for the moment as again, it will not be safe out there for the next few moments"
As he speaks he almost seems to flow to the left, and the droplet of water falls past him.
"What is it you wish to know? Likely you will not like that which you see, nor find that which you seek, but I am more than happy to share my secrets with you in exchange for you all leaving peacefully"

The Grim Author
2014-05-12, 09:31 PM
"The man has committed a genocide, on the orders of your master." Inoshi raised himself. "I am simply... returning the favor." His blade rose. "I am afraid a peaceful departure is not possible, Takizawa."

kreenlover
2014-05-13, 08:02 PM
"Really? Perhaps you had better reconsider that. I do not wish to fight you, and do not wish to fight in this temple. But if you insist..."
He drops into a crouch, and brings his hands up. They burst into a rainbow of energy as they come.

Then Jaothe bumps into a young woman coming down the hallway towards him.

Time to jump!
Thread is HERE! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?337244-Ninja-go!-Book-1-The-Burning-IC/page4)

kreenlover
2014-06-27, 07:00 PM
She draws her sword and drops into a crouch.
"Who are you! What do you want? And where is the Sensei?"
As Jaothe smiles a predatory grin the Sensei calls out from the middle of the courtyard.
"I'm here. This will serve as some practical training. Defeat that man. Use the Way you just learned"
He then turns to Inoshi and throws off his cloak.
As it blows away he is revealed to be incredibly fit. Although he is known to be old he is still stronger and younger looking than many men in their prime.