PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Wrath of Nations

Elysian Blade
2014-04-10, 05:57 PM
This war that has been going on for the last one hundred years that was between the humans and the Orcs. It all started from a simple human noble that craved the wealth located in the vast Orcs mines. Rallying his troops along with a few other nobles the humans tried to take over but the Orcs are strong and were able to hold the humans off. With this unjustified act the Orcs decided to wipe humans off the face of this planet. (We see how that has worked so far...)

You all came from different parts of the world to where mercenaries gather every month looking for work, recruiting other mercenaries for an upcoming mission or just to compete with one another in the activities that are presented their.
This month was no different when you traveled to the gathering the days weather was nice and cool. Walking into the camp you see some mercenaries happily drunk at one of the tables located at the far end of the clearing along with a few other tables that seemed to have contracts to hire groups for different armies or situations. Some of them you noticed contain WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE posters that show some men that are deserters or criminals and one or two of them are for roaming monsters within the area.

In the camp there are around twenty men total. On the one side there is a shooting range on the other there is a bigger tent then the rest indicating where the leaders of a group of mercenaries reside there are two men in the tent talking over matters concerning their groups and difficulties of what they are facing in their groups.

Back at the shooting range they were five men trying to test out they're archery skills in a competition with each other the target was no more then 30 feet away from the starting line. One by one they went through only two were able to hit the circle but barely as they only went around the outside ring nowhere close to even getting the center. The last spot of the camp that has any more notice is the small ring they set up to test out their mettle as they square off each other using wooden weapons to see who the was the best among there ranks.

Then there was you. What are you doing in the camp at this time....

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?340653-OOC-Wrath-of-Nations&p=17283368#post17283368)

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-10, 06:03 PM
Astra.

Astra wonders into the camp where she is looking to make her life. She moves as if she belongs they're but is nervous that they wont accept her. No I have to do this, this is the only way I can get my life started I will not go back to begging off of the streets and wondering place to place no more! Astra continues to walk forward her fist clenched in determination. Striding up to the table to get a contract to start her down her path.

Stormageddon
2014-04-10, 06:29 PM
Quinasalia

It's been a hard ride for Quin, days in the saddle have rough on the warrior. Even as tired as he was he couldn't help but be a little disappointed that he had been allowed to come so close to the camp without being challenged by a guard. There was work to be done here.... lots of work. Quin rides up to the tents and gracefully dismounts from his horse and ties up Anathor to a post. Swiftly moving to the nearest soldier. Greetings, who's charge here?

Elysian Blade
2014-04-10, 06:37 PM
DM Lol I don't have to state myself.

*To Astra The man next to the table who sees you walk up and ask for a contract laughs at you. "Your nothing but a girl a small one at that there is no way you can compete with the likes of us take a look around" He motioned around the camp "There's no women here because there weak this is a man's world you might as well accept it or come with me and I make use of ya" He says and some of the other mercenaries laugh with him.

*Quinasalia The mercenary you just addressed yourself to puts down his ale and burps loudly "He is in there" He points to the biggest tent in the camp "But only cap'ins are allowed to go in there are you are no cap'in." He smiles with a toothless grin.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-10, 06:44 PM
Astra

Astra turns to the man that walked up to her suddenly infuriated with he suggestion I came to far just to be treated like this I worked to hard I will not accept this! In a flash of movement her sword fly's out of her sheath and her hilt slams into the mans nose breaking it blood coming down his face. Astra stepped forward and hit him with the hilt again in his stomach doubling him over. She says "Maybe that's why this war has been going on for a hundred years. But I tell you this once and only once I am better than you will ever be so don't you ever EVER!!! TELL ME I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!" She finishes kicking him to the ground. Backing up she tries to calm herself down.

I hope I can do that. :smallsmile:

Calinero
2014-04-10, 07:11 PM
Eredor

Eredor walked through the camp, his hawk Pell perched upon his shoulder. The bird stirred a bit, restless in the presence of so many strangers. Eredor absent mindedly stroked his companion, looking around.

There were a lot of orcs and humans in the area, that was to be expected--this was their war. As he was looking for familiar faces, Eredor spotted a commotion. It looked like some of the men of the camp had started mistreating a female mercenary--and she was having none of it.

*Astra and Jerk!Guards
"Excuse me!" he said, making his way over to them and smiling disarmingly. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one is paying us to fight each other! Maybe we should all just calm down, with so many weapons and warriors in close proximity."

Smileybastard
2014-04-10, 07:32 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn walks around the camp with ghost following him, and notes the poor skill of the archers. He calmly walks over the archery range, pulls his bow from his quiver and then ten arrows, one at a time as he fires at the target.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Oseyerys
2014-04-10, 07:39 PM
Seraph

Seraph walks into the camp silently, the less of an entrance he makes the better. He scans the group gathered in the clearing, grimacing at all the people here who he knows could potentially end up being his companions in the near future. The sorcerer knows how he must look to the men in the clearing, he doesn't carry a big sword or large bow. Aside from the fact that he is taller than most, and his unique tattoos that make him stand out, he looks rather nonthreatening to people who rely on steel to get the job done. All these people... why am I doing this to myself? Nonetheless, he wanders up to one of the tables and the mercenary manning it *mercenary* "This the sign-up?" He can feel the looks people are shooting him behind his back but he also notices the looks people are saving for a young woman in the camp. She's no older than Rayne, she'd better know what she's doing.... Seraph then returns his attention to the mercenary to whom he addressed.

Vhaidara
2014-04-10, 10:11 PM
Nalin Fiendborn

Nalin enters the camp, looking around. He sees the brawling girl. Fire in that one. Potential, too. Might need to recruit her.

He also notices the archer putting arrow after arrow into the target. He seems skilled as well. This was a good plan.

Deciding the archer will probably keep himself busy, he heads for the girl (Astra)
*mercenaries fighting with her (vocally or physically)* I would advise against questioning the prowess of someone you haven't seen fight. It's a fast way to lose a limb, and then how would you pay for your women? It really is your only option. I doubt your charms would get you very far, no matter how drunk she may be.

Stormageddon
2014-04-10, 10:46 PM
Quinasalia

I'm here for a job. Quin motions to the girl currently beating the soldier half to death behind him. It seems like you have an opening.... If I don't talk to the man in Cap tent; who do I talk to?

Elysian Blade
2014-04-11, 10:50 AM
To Astra, Eredor, Nalin Fiendborn

With Astra quick blows to the mercenary he was sent to the ground massive amounts of blood pouring out of his nose as he clenches his gut he tries his best to move away. The other men that where seated at the table that where laughing before turns away at the scene and tries to ignore what was happening.

To Fedyn

Your quick shots hit the target you manage to split and arrow it twain followed by another only two of your arrows hit the outside ring of the bulls eye. The men around are stunned one of the men walks up to you and gives you the coins they were betting with.

(+5gps)

To Seraph

He looks you up and down with a questioning eye due to the tattoos across your body and says "This is the sign up what quest do you want?" He indicates five of them. "Three of them are if you can fight 10 men by yourself but you don't look the type" He says laughing at you. "The other two are for some goblins in the woods they say there's only 5 of them you might be able to take them. The last if for a cave of trolls we couldn't get any thing from their not enough people but we know there is at least 3 of them" He slides the one with the goblins to you. "This is your best shot if your by yourself of course."

Quinasalia

The guy looks you up and down not liking the way he is being talked to he just points at the tables lined up on the far side of the camp where the commotion is at.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-11, 10:57 AM
Astra

She backs away from the bloodied guard surprised she lost control so quickly. She backed into the men that sided with her *Nalin, and Eredor* not even reaching to their chin due to her small heightOoops sorry I didn't mean to bump into you she does a quick bow I am just trying to get hired and I didn't appreciate him saying that...I kinda lost it I sorry. She does with another quick bow.

Calinero
2014-04-11, 11:01 AM
Eredor

Eredor blinks as Pell shifts, scenting the spilled blood. He turns to Astra and gives a slight bow.

*to Astra* "Excuse me, miss. I was under the impression you might need someone to intervene. Clearly, though, you were more than capable of handling the situation yourself." He looks down at the bruised and beaten mercenary Astra has left lying on the ground.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Eredor, and this is my companion Pell," he added with a gesture to the hawk on his shoulder.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-11, 11:06 AM
Eredor

Eredor blinks as Pell shifts, scenting the spilled blood. He turns to Astra and gives a slight bow.

*to Astra* "Excuse me, miss. I was under the impression you might need someone to intervene. Clearly, though, you were more than capable of handling the situation yourself." He looks down at the bruised and beaten mercenary Astra has left lying on the ground.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Eredor, and this is my companion Pell," he added with a gesture to the hawk on his shoulder.

Astra

Astra smiles and saysNice to meet you Eredor she looks at Pell And you to Pell back to Eredor she says Thank you for trying to help me out. :smallsmile:

Oseyerys
2014-04-11, 12:10 PM
Seraph

Seraph ponders the mercenary's words as he watches the scene with the fighter unfold. It appeared as two other mercenaries came to her aid although it seemed an unnecessary action since she held her own by breaking one of the mercenaries' nose... He could take down some goblins and be done with it, but jobs that require only one man to accomplish usually don't yield any amazing rewards. I don't really have a choice if I want to get something worthwhile... dammit. Seraph holds his disappointment in check as he asks the mercenary *Mercenary* I don't suppose there'd be any willing volunteers to form a party?

Elysian Blade
2014-04-11, 12:22 PM
Seraph

I don't suppose there'd be any willing volunteers to form a party?

He looks at you again "I dont know only the captains have the men power you'll need maybe one or two people might be willing to come with the right persuasion" He says with a wink.

He basically is saying if you pay coin you might get some to follow you but remember there not any good at what they do.

Oseyerys
2014-04-11, 12:47 PM
Seraph

Seraph lets loose a dry laugh. *Mercenary* Alright well if any people come up looking to form a party you be sure to let me know. He then takes his leave of the table and begins to wander the camp observing the so called "talent" that many of these mercenaries have. His eyes fall once again on the girl who put the man she was talking to in his place. His eyes hover also over the demonic being and elf next to her. He can't clearly see the elf as he is in conversation with the girl and has his back to Seraph but something about him irritates Seraph. He also hears some cries of astonishment as an archer to his other side fires arrows flawlessly into a target 30 feet away. Maybe some people here have talent after all. I'll keep an eye on them... especially that elf... something about him...

Calinero
2014-04-11, 01:06 PM
Eredor

Pell gives a low, keening noise at the sound of his name. Eredor smiles at the acknowledgment.

*to Astra

"I take it you are here looking for a job. I am as well--perhaps we could combine forces?" Eredor asks. Having seen the woman beating up those other guards, he was pretty confident in her abilities. "After all, two can find more jobs than one...especially if there are any larger groups taking on applicants," he says, looking around the camp. He is not sure who else might be hiring, but there are many people around. Surely at least one of them is offering jobs.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-11, 02:26 PM
Astra

Hearing Eredors words you visibly see Astra perk up. She stand a little taller and has a smile on her face. "I would love too. Thank you so much." She said her voice filled with enthusiasm.

Stormageddon
2014-04-11, 06:24 PM
Quinasalia

Quin sighs inwardly. Quin had the nasty habit of being flip with people. A survival skill built on the back of dealing with people unfriendly a person born of Elf and Human. Seeing this man's obvious displeasure Quin nods.

Thanks.

Quin heads over to table indicated by the man. Only stopping to notice the women who had been beating on the mercenary was extremely young even by human standards. Quin realizes he's being impolite staring at the woman, and nods to her with respect.

I'm guessing he had that coming?

Smileybastard
2014-04-11, 06:43 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn bows and smiles as he collects the pouch. "Thank you." He then collects his arrows and heads over to the commotion he notivced earlier.
He walks directly up to Asta and bows and smiles Ghost following silently. "Most impressive my dear. I like how you, like life, give the test and then teach the lesson. My name is Fedyn Nyrannis and this", he gestures to Ghost, "is my companion Ghost."
Fedyn nods to Eredor and then Pell, pauses a moment and then turns to Ghost. "Don't eat the bird."

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-11, 07:11 PM
Astra

Nods back to Quinasalia and says "I think he shouldnt try to crush my dream like that so yes he deserved it." Smiling because she realizes that not all of them are bad people is making her happy.

To Fedyn Actually I was just able to control myself at the end is all. Its nice to meet you Fedyn. Turning to the quite cat she walks up to him not afraid of his size she starts to pet the underside of his chin and says Its also nice to meet you Ghost.

Smileybastard
2014-04-11, 07:46 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn smiles. "I meant that he will hopefully learn something from that encounter. I know I have."

Ghost

Ghost rubs his head against Astra.

Oseyerys
2014-04-11, 08:12 PM
Seraph

Seraph sees more people gathering around the girl who took out the mercenary, the archer (and his rather large cat) being among them. Seraph glances around the camp at the other mercenaries... If all the talent is migrating I should too, even worse than working with people is working with incompetent people. Seraph makes his way over towards the small crowd that has gathered around the young woman but says nothing. He simply observes those gathered around, one does not live through such dangerous encounters as he has by simply rushing into them with no knowledge of the situation after all. These people appear competent enough... they certainly aren't lumbering around like these other oafs... they look like my best bet to travel with since it looks like I have to...

Vhaidara
2014-04-11, 08:41 PM
Nalin

Nalin chuckles as the girl bumps into him. It is worth noting that he has a tail, non-functional wings, and scaled skin.
*Astra and Eredor* You two seem like competent fighters. I'm looking to put together a group of mercenaries. Perhaps you'd like to join?
As the archer approaches, Nalin turns to him.
*Fedyn* Well shot, good archer. I'd like to invite you to join me as well. It never hurts to have ranged support.
A grin plays across his face.
*All assembled* In fact, it seems this girl's squabble has attracted those with a sense for battle. Either for justice in coming to her defense, or of enjoyment for coming to watch her fight. You are all welcome to join.
*self* Arrow fodder, if nothing else.

Oseyerys
2014-04-11, 09:07 PM
Seraph

Seraph's observation pays off. It appears the demonic being has taken the initiative to make the most of the situation to recruit those gathered. Smart, these appear to be the most competent people in this camp and he seems to recognize it... Well it's now or never... Why do I do this to myself? Without saying anything yet Seraph makes eye contact with the tiefling who just spoke and gives one nod without saying anything yet. Something about them causes Seraph to become wary of the elf and tiefling however... Something about them... I cant shake it...

Smileybastard
2014-04-11, 09:46 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn looks at Nalin. "I will consider it. What is your goal?" He glances at Astra.

DracoDei
2014-04-11, 10:20 PM
Burgok "The Strong Shield"
An orc who trotted over at the sounds of the fight and then... basically didn't do anything until now*. Glinting chainmail can be glimpsed and heard under his shirt, and he wears the symbol of Heroninius around his neck. His calm demenor seems at odds with his nasty choice of weapon, a coiled chain covered in barbs and hooks. He approaches the group.
Yes, there are valid IC reasons for at least some of the delay.
*Seraph* "Might I hazard a guess that you are a user of arcane magics?"

He has slightly more than the average share of scars for this line of work, but they all seem to be either very old, very minor, or magically healed.

((Roll Spellcraft and/or Heal for more info, not really sure on the DCs.))

Calinero
2014-04-11, 10:31 PM
Eredor

Eredor watches as everyone begins to gather around them--making sure Pell is out of the wolf's reach. He grins at the job offer from Nalin.

*to Nalin

"I have been looking for employment. Assuming the job is reasonable, I'm in."

Oseyerys
2014-04-11, 10:52 PM
Seraph

Seraph's attention is drawn away from the group by a half-orc who approached him. Seraph is a tall man and yet the half-orc is about his height and packing more muscle. He inclines his head towards the orc in a bow and replies quietly so the others can't hear *Burgok* Aye, I typically don't like people knowing as such but I suppose I don't hide it very well. He then extends his hand in a handshake, Name's Seraph, you looking for a company to adventure with?

Vhaidara
2014-04-11, 11:05 PM
Nalin

Nalin smiles at Fedyn
*Fedyn* Ultimately, world domination. But don't we all want that? To make the world a better place?

turning to Eredor.
*Eredor* Well, it seems that these mercenaries prefer an organized group of soldiers with a leader. I am offering my services as such a leader.

And now he turns to Seraph and Burgok
*Seraph and Burgok* A mage? I can always use another comrade skilled in the arcane arts. And half-orc, you look like a man who has seen battle, though your choice of weapon seems unusual for one of your faith.

Spellcraft check for Burgok's stuff: [roll0]

DracoDei
2014-04-11, 11:26 PM
Seraph

Seraph's attention is drawn away from the group by a half-orc who approached him. Seraph is a tall man and yet the half-orc is about his height and packing more muscle. He inclines his head towards the orc in a bow and replies quietly so the others can't hear *Burgok* Aye, I typically don't like people knowing as such but I suppose I don't hide it very well. He then extends his hand in a handshake, Name's Seraph, you looking for a company to adventure with?
*Seraph* "Well, if any place would be the place to advertise such a fact, this would be it I'd wager."

And now he turns to Seraph and Burgok
*Seraph and Burgok* A mage? I can always use another comrade skilled in the arcane arts. And half-orc, you look like a man who has seen battle, though your choice of weapon seems unusual for one of your faith.

*Burgok*
"For my faith perhaps, but not for my innate abilities. I'd demonstrate how I use it, but it doesn't actually work on a target that isn't moving.

I don't know about the whole world domination thing, but I guess I can offer this group my protections."
As I said, I don't know what the DC would be. I'd venture to GUESS you didn't make it though.

*Burgok and Seraph*
"I'm a Grace-Gift, and that means several things. I can heal a bit, although much slower than a cleric, and I can... well, actually that one I can demonstrate."

*Seraph*
"I trust you have no fear of heights, and would allow me to cast a spell upon you for demonstration purposes? It will remove the weight of gravity from you, allowing you to float upwards. I'd be unsurprised if you could do the same thing yourself, but I can do it as many times as I like in a day, although I have to recast it every few seconds."

Oseyerys
2014-04-11, 11:33 PM
Seraph

*Burgok* I usually don't like being handled by other people in any way... but the idea of floating is an interesting concept.

Seraph then pauses for a second before his eyes instantly begin to smoulder as he realizes what the tiefling just said. If he meant what he just said, Seraph knows exactly why he felt uneasy about him and quite possibly the elf as well.

*Nalin* The arcane arts you say? And to whom to I have the pleasure of making my acquaintance?

DracoDei
2014-04-11, 11:44 PM
*Seraph* "Would it help if I were to emphasize that you would be in full control of your motion? Just as long as you don't go out of my range."

*All*"Or perhaps another would like to volunteer? The problem with my other abilities is that they are much more subtle. At the least, I'd have to have two other's spar, while I supported one of them."

Smileybastard
2014-04-12, 05:21 AM
Fedyn

"I have no desire for world domination either, but a better place and comrades I like."

Fedyn smiles. "I would be happy to volunteer if it would help or even of it would not. It sounds fun."

Vhaidara
2014-04-12, 06:10 AM
Nalin

*Seraph* I am myself a mage, though of a rather more martial bent.
Returning his attention to Burgok
*Burgok* I would be willing to spar with the girl. As long as you can repair our injuries no permanent damage need be done, And I would like to see how she handles that blade of hers.
As he speaks, he pulls a black-bladed scimitar from its sheathe.

Calinero
2014-04-12, 09:34 AM
Eredor

Eredor coughs as the discussion moves towards their abilities and swords begin to be drawn.

*to Nalin

"I have no problem joining your company," he says, glancing around, "But are demonstrations really necessary? We don't want to risk injuries slowing us down when we get to our job. By the way...do we have a job lined up yet?"

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 10:45 AM
Burgok flinches.
*Seraph*"Hold! I meant with wooden weapons, sticks, or even bare hands if nothing else would suffice. Although, I GUESS that if you want to see the full extents of my healing abilities, and your opponent agrees, that live blades could be a reasonable solution.

In either case I'll would prefer to alternate my blessings every round* between the sparrers, so the effect may be observed better. And apparently you aren't willing for that until you know me better. I will point out that to accept magical healing, but not magical preventative measures seems a bit... odd.

Oh! I almost forgot! I recently mastered a new ability, which would best be demonstrated with a sprinting footrace between two reasonably equally matched runners."
*((As in a boxing match round, NOT every 6 seconds.))

Vhaidara
2014-04-12, 11:37 AM
Nalin's smile never wavers.
*Burgok* In the hands of a trained swordsman, even a sharpened blade need not leave permanent wounds. Besides, Hellreaver is the only blade I wield.
*Eredor* I wished to discover how large a group I would have and how competent they are before I committed to a job.

he's looking at a non-lethal duel. Unless PF changed that rule, it means we would both take -4 to hit for the course of the duel.

Smileybastard
2014-04-12, 11:51 AM
Fedyn

Fedyn pulls an elven curve blade out of his quiver, which seems impossible. "I am reasonably competent with my blade as well and am an expert woodsman as well as a hunter of orcs."

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 11:56 AM
*All would-be sparrers*"Very well then... I do warn you that unlike most of my abilities, my healing skills are not bottomless."

Smileybastard
2014-04-12, 12:11 PM
Fedyn

"Oh, I have no interest to spar with blades."

Calinero
2014-04-12, 03:08 PM
Erebor

Erebor will wave his hand dismissively. "Spar all you wish, then. I myself am a wizard, and don't feel like depleting my spells for today unless they are needed. If it helps you to find a job, know that you have at least one wizard at your disposal."

Smileybastard
2014-04-12, 03:42 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn looks amused at Erebor's remarks.

Oseyerys
2014-04-12, 05:30 PM
Seraph

Seraph ponders Nalin's words. A mage could define both sorcerer's and wizards, truly anyone who harnessed any magical power was a mage but the way the magic was used or prepared was different for different professions. I need to watch him... see how he uses his magic... Seraph then observes the party until he hears the elf say he was a wizard. Fire and hate begin to fill his body and it takes all his willpower to refrain from punching the elf in his gut with the fists he had involuntarily makes at his sides.

I can't work with that... There is no way in hell that is going to happen, it's bad enough that I have to work with people in general but with a wizard? Potentially two? Calm yourself Seraph, there are too many people to turn on them. It could result in unnecessary casualties. It would be best to wait until you are away from the camp before you corner the elf... Stick with the group for now, then when the time is right you can deal with this worthless scum.

Seraph then stomach's his silent anger long enough to say *Nalin* I offer my services and... skill set to the company you are forming. If you will have them.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-12, 05:39 PM
Astra

To nalin Umm...I actually have some wooden swords if you want or... Astra pulls out her longsword for inseption. The blade has a slight bluish tint to it but anyone can easly tell its a masterwork blade of high quality and very lethal at that. my sword but I will have to warn you in the heat of battle I get very deadly. Lets see if my skill will allow me to join as she finishes she puts away her sword and graps 2 wooden swords from her bag that slightly resembles a longsword. (1d8) She sets the second down and moves to the far side of the sparring area waiting for someone to accept.

To fedyn Astra says My goal is to make a life for myself. To know that I belong somewhere she finishes her voice filled with a combine with a mixture of emontions.

Elysian Blade
2014-04-12, 05:47 PM
The mercenaries start moving closer to the sparring ring awaiting for a challenge to happen.

Smileybastard
2014-04-12, 05:48 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn looks as Astra with a look of understanding and something more. "Exactly what I seek."

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 05:53 PM

The half-orc enters the ring.

"Now then, I'm here as... well I'll do my best to remain in range and out of the way. I'm not sparring at this time, just demonstrating my talents."

Oseyerys
2014-04-12, 06:03 PM
Seraph

Seraph follows the crowd. In his experience, the one who takes charge is also the one who often walks around with a target on his back... Seraph isn't too fond of bulls-eye's on his back. He hears Astra's words and how she seemed to genuinely believe them. How strange, I myself am not 6 years her senior and yet I feel so much more aged than she... If she weren't such a danger to my safety due to her inexperience, she might actually be manageable to travel with. She may have talent but training and the thick of battle are two different things...

Seraph turns to one of the mercenaries who is watching next to him *Mercenary* I've got five gold on the woman.

Stormageddon
2014-04-12, 06:20 PM
Quinasalia

World Domination? The man could not be serious! Such things were so much easier said then done. Quin listens to the conversation unfolding around him, and now they were asking to duel. I guess that makes sense. Wouldn't want men who could not fight. It is what he came for after all, and a part of him had to admit thought the Idea was fun.

I'll take any challengers!

Elysian Blade
2014-04-12, 06:33 PM
The Mercenary obviously didnt see hear beat his friend saying "A women? Any man could beat but a women that small ang young wont stand a chance I be a little sorry when I take your coin."

Quinasalia

Just pick up the sword and step in the ring and roll init.

Oseyerys
2014-04-12, 06:41 PM
Seraph

Seraph shows the mercenary 5 gold proving he has the coin and responds, seeing Quinasalia enter face off with the woman *Mercenary* And yet he is the one in the ring now, not you... interesting.

Elysian Blade
2014-04-12, 06:46 PM
"I will go next time" he says with a shrug. He pulls out 5gps "But my offer is still up no woman could beat a man." He says as if its a fact.

Smileybastard
2014-04-12, 06:52 PM
"I will go next time" he says with a shrug. He pulls out 5gps "But my offer is still up no woman could beat a man." He says as if its a fact.

Fedyn

Fedyn looks at the mercenary puts his elven curve blade back into his quiver and says "I guess you have not being attention and are not very bright. The girl already beat one man and I have no doubt could beat many men."

Elysian Blade
2014-04-12, 06:57 PM
"You sure?" He says with a smile as he draws he sword and steps into the ring ignoring the wooden sword on the ground. "You beated a man? Lets see how you cheated" He says as he steps to the other side of the ring. He motions for her to go first beliving she is no harm to him.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-12, 07:04 PM
Astra

He cheeks reddening at his comment she walks 10ft foward still holding her wooden sword. Suddenly she flys towards him in a suprising burst of speed swinging down her sword with incrediable speed and force.

To hit [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 07:06 PM
Burgok places himself as out of the way as he can while remaining close to Quinasalia, and makes a lightning quick gesture before the fighters are lined up. "Def" he speaks a mystic syllable.

Casting the same spell about every six seconds.
Quinasalia will have a +5 deflection bonus to AC for the duration of the sparring-round (NOT 6 seconds!).

Elysian Blade
2014-04-12, 07:11 PM
The mercenary barely saw the blow coming. As astra swing connects on the front of his face making him do a double backing before hitting the ground. All the other mercenaries are slightly as the mans blood starts to seep out of his face.

Well...good thing that wasnt your sword because anymore bonuses could have been very bad...:smalleek:

Elysian Blade
2014-04-12, 07:13 PM
Burgok places himself as out of the way as he can while remaining close to Quinasalia, and makes a lightning quick gesture before the fighters are lined up. "Def" he speaks a mystic syllable.

Casting the same spell about every six seconds.
Quinasalia will have a +5 deflection bonus to AC for the duration of the sparring-round (NOT 6 seconds!).

okay just drag his body out and you 2 go at it. :smallbiggrin:

Stormageddon
2014-04-12, 07:25 PM
Quinasalia

This one had a hot temper. Quin goes and scopes up the wooden sword, and salutes the girl.

Shall we?

[roll0] I think this is the part of the campaign were Quin learns about getting beat up by a teenager.

Oseyerys
2014-04-12, 07:36 PM
Seraph

Seraph watches the mercenary go to his undoing and watches as he falls *Fedyn* Well that was maddeningly un-entertaining... No matter, if you'll excuse me I have some coin to collect.

He then makes his way over to where the mercenary is carried and lifts the burden of 5gp off of him *Mercenary* Friend, consider this a lesson. Did your mother never tell you the sins of gambling? And so it is with a heavy heart that I take these five gold pieces off of you but surely it is for your own good. You understand.

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 07:36 PM

"Well... that was anti-climactic and proved nothing regarding my skills... can we get someone a bit more durable please?"

He approaches the unconscious man and bends down to examine him.
Heal Check, without using healer's kit(They must not have made the transfer from the spreadsheet where I added everything up to the character sheet?), to determine how many points I'd have to heal him for to get the subdual damage to be LESS THAN his hitpoint total.
[roll0]

Vhaidara
2014-04-12, 07:49 PM
Nalin

Nalin continues smiling. He seems to do that a lot. He awaits his turn to face the girl, his own blade still in his hand. He clearly has no intention to use any blade but his own.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-12, 08:05 PM
Quinasalia

This one had a hot temper. Quin goes and scopes up the wooden sword, and salutes the girl.

Shall we?

[roll0] I think this is the part of the campaign were Quin learns about getting beat up by a teenager.

Astra

Astra turns to Quinasalia just like with the mercenary she steps 10ft closer to him and the moves in to hit him.

[roll0]
[roll1] dmg.

Calinero
2014-04-12, 08:36 PM
Eredor

Eredor shakes his head, wincing at the fool was defeated so quickly. "Perhaps that will teach you not to make assumptions about women," he says idly. He knows the mercenary is unconscious, but hopes the others will take the lesson to heart. He looks over at Nalin, a little concerned.

*to Nalin

"Do you intend to use an actual sword for the sparring? Seems a little unnecessary."

Vhaidara
2014-04-12, 08:42 PM
Nalin

*Eredor* I use only Hellreaver. You needn't fear, I know how to direct my blows. I have no interest in murdering a child.
Nalin slowly spins his blade.
Sadly, I cannot restrain my magic in a similar fashion. This fight will be determined entirely by my blade.

Oseyerys
2014-04-12, 08:56 PM
Seraph

Seraph hears Eredor as he is collecting his coin from the dazed mercenary. Afterwards he stands and faces the wizard, staring at him silently while the others are distracted by the sparring match in the ring. He can't help but clench and unclench his fists and they begin to show a slight glow of arcane energy almost imperceptible to anyone not paying attention but he says nothing. Once again, after he re-gains his composure and the glow dissapates, he flashes the elf a feral grin and turns back to the event playing out for all to see.

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 09:01 PM
Burgok moves the unconcious man carefully outside the ring for the moment. Then resumes his spell on the blade-mistress.

DracoDei
2014-04-12, 10:40 PM
((Moving this here as a favor to the player since they are on their phone... hope I don't get more than this post automatically flagged for dice cheating.))
Astra

Astra smiles at the thought of Quinasalia not going down at her first blow and attacking with his own. Bending backwards to dodge the blade she thinks A real opponet! I will remember this day for sure. Coming back from the angle she was at she bends her knees and steps in jumping to deliver an attack from below.

To-Hit (1d20+15)[32] (Modifier may actually be lower, see OOC thread.)
(1d8+11)[12] dmg.

Stormageddon
2014-04-13, 02:12 AM
Quin

Pain shots up Quin's leg as the girl's blade lands home on his leg. Quin redistributes his weight off the leg and attacks.

attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

DracoDei
2014-04-13, 10:36 AM
Burgok the Strong Shield
Burgok winces a little at the wide miss.
He probably didn't even get close enough to her to feel my power with that one. he thinks to himself.Oh well, at least he didn't insult her, then go down like a chump, and thus I won't feel dirty for healing him. I'll get that other one conscious I think... but only that, and not right now. These people seem eager for the fight and my healing is slow.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-13, 12:10 PM
Astra
Astra visiblies smiles as she dodges the next blow. she then bends her knees going so close to the ground seeming unnatural then leaps into the air spinning her blade in a deadly circle thinking I will honor him with my full power.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Stormageddon
2014-04-13, 12:25 PM
Quin

She was a great warrior so fast. Quin thought as her blade went buzzing by his head. No time to hold back Quin's lashes out again.

attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

DracoDei
2014-04-13, 01:39 PM
PASSIVE Burgok "The Strong Shield"
Quin feels a force attempting to push his blade to one side, but muscles through it to at least make contact.
Ok, THAT time you actually felt the deflection bonus. Not going to bother opening up her character sheet to see if you actually hit, since that isn't my job, but I thought I would at least narrate that you felt the spell effect.

Stormageddon
2014-04-13, 02:14 PM
Quin

Sheaths his sword. Looking annoyed.

This is suppose to be a combat of blades. I detect something interfering with this melee. I will not continue.

Smileybastard
2014-04-13, 02:40 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn looks around at anyone who might be magically interfering.

Perception[roll0]
Spellcraft[roll1]

Vhaidara
2014-04-13, 02:55 PM
Nalin

Nalin laughs.
*Quin* The half-orc said he would be demonstrating his powers during this fight. Or were you not paying attention to the terms of engagement?

Calinero
2014-04-13, 04:19 PM
Eredor

Eredor also looks around to see if he can find the source of the magic.

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

*to all

"I don't know about the rest of you," he says laughing, "But I'm more than happy to have at least one compatriot who values our survival more than following the spirit of agreements. That's a very mercenary way of looking at things." Still content just to watch the fights, he stands back and strokes Pell.

Oseyerys
2014-04-13, 05:20 PM
Seraph

Seraph grinds his teeth once more as he hears Eredor open his mouth. Seraph then turns to him and says *Eredor* So you are a wizard? Fascinating, my name's Seraph it is certainly a... pleasure to make your acquaintance. Would you mind talking with me about your specialty and knowledge of the arcane while the others seem to be intrigued by their swordplay? As the others have guessed I myself dabble a little bit in magic as well and any advice you could impart due to your years of experience would be much appreciated. Perhaps we can converse over there however for it is hard to hear over the sparring and commotion of these mercenaries. Seraph motions to an open spot about 10-15 feet away in between the group and the tents.

I don't know if I need a bluff check but if I do...
[roll0]

... Quite possibly nothing will be getting past Eredor... A 3? Really dice gods? You roll me a 3?... Thank god for bonuses I suppose.

Calinero
2014-04-13, 05:51 PM
Eredor

Eredor blinks. He doesn't really have much of a problem talking about his magic, but something about Seraph seems...off.

*to Seraph

"By all means," he says graciously. He will walk over to where Seraph has indicated, but will remain far enough out of the space between tents so that he can still see the others. "I am called Erebor, if you missed my introduction earlier."

Oseyerys
2014-04-13, 06:29 PM
Seraph

Seraph listen's to Eredor introduce himself as he carefully chooses his next words, *Eredor* Listen to me. I don't like you or your wizard kind, in fact I hate the lot of you. Unfortunately it looks like we may be adventuring together in the near future. Fortunately for you, I find no reason to strike out at you just yet, but know this, if you do anything, if I even suspect you of malfeasance, I will gleefully come after you with every ounce of magic within me and every monster you have ever encountered will seem like no more than a nuisance compared to me, of this I swear.

Come on dice gods something better than a 3 this time...
[roll0]
Better I suppose...

He then motions back towards the rest of the group *Eredor* Shall we?

Smileybastard
2014-04-13, 06:44 PM
Fedyn

Perception to hear the exchange between Seraph and Erador [roll0]

DracoDei
2014-04-13, 08:14 PM
((Assuming that Nalin's player doesn't wish to retcon this whole thing away...))
Fedyn and Erebor were already perfectly aware that Burgok was casting spells repeatedly, since Burgok made no attempt to hide this fact, from where he was standing inside the sparring ring.

Burgok holds up a single finger, indicating "wait a second", and takes a very deep breath. After a moment, he speaks.
Allowing duration on buff to expire before speaking.

*To Quin(mostly)* "What he *points to Nalin* said. It appears that we may need to work on our tactical and planning session communications skills."

Stormageddon
2014-04-13, 11:24 PM
Quin

Why, then it looks as if this demonstration has come to an end.

DracoDei
2014-04-14, 12:00 AM

"Well, unless someone else wishes to step in, in your place, then yes. In either case I should handle the healing part if nobody minds?"

Vhaidara
2014-04-14, 05:20 AM
Nalin

Nalin steps into the sparring arena, twirling Hellreaver.
*Burgok* Heal what you can. Then, if you have the strength remaining to heal after another bout, I would fight her. Though without your interference.

Calinero
2014-04-14, 08:06 AM
Eredor

Eredor takes a step back, a bit shaken. Pell, sensing his master's distress, ruffles his feathers a bit.

*to Seraph

"Er....sure. I suppose." Eredor has no problem getting back to the others and away from this frightening man.

It looks like one of the fights has wrapped up, and they're talking of starting another.

*to all

"Is another duel really necessary?" he asks. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to make sure we can actually find a job before they're all taken."

Oseyerys
2014-04-14, 08:14 AM
Seraph

*To All* I agree, clearly this woman has proved that she is more than capable of handling herself and we have seen the demonstration of Burgok's power. We should move to pick up a decent job before we get left with the petty ones. That is, after all, why I agreed to accompany you all, to undertake a harder job.

Elysian Blade
2014-04-14, 10:05 AM
I guess this is as good a time as any I need perception checks from all of you. To see if you notice the things...:smallbiggrin:

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-14, 10:17 AM
Astra

Astra drops her wooden sword and draws her real sword the action making it seem like she was going to continue but when she looks to the woods prove other wise. Goblins they're about 20 of them! As she points around the camp indicating three different direction in which they're are coming from.

Vhaidara
2014-04-14, 10:26 AM
Nalin

*loudly, so anyone can hear*
Well then, I guess we're going to get to see some live combat after all.
Nalin Makes a number of symbols with his free hand and the air around him shimmers.
Now then, let's see each other in real combat!

In our pre-combat round, Nalin casts Shield on himself

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-14, 10:36 AM
Astra

Smiling she drinks a uses a potion of mage armor on herself and takes a completing new stance with her sword that is not known to no one on the planet but her. "I issue a challenge the one that gets the most kills wins." Astra says preparing herself from battle.

DracoDei
2014-04-14, 10:48 AM
"My healing is too slow for this situation! Unless they just came to sign up."

He then draws his weapon and tries to get into the best position.
Perception check to precisely locate groups of goblins and see if they have ranged weapons out, or melee. [roll0]

Further action depending on what I know after that, but at least one of my actions is going to be a move action while drawing my spiked chain.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-14, 10:49 AM
[roll0] Initiative forgot about it.:smallbiggrin:

Calinero
2014-04-14, 10:52 AM
Eredor

Eredor shakes his head at the bravado of the other warriors. "Can't we take anything seriously?" he sighs, casting a spell on himself.

Eredor casts Mage Armor on himself.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-14, 11:09 AM
Astra

Astra just smiles towards Eredor reminding him of her age.

Vhaidara
2014-04-14, 11:21 AM
Nalin

Nalin barks commands to the camp as a whole, hoping that, as soldiers, they will react before questioning who is giving the orders.
Number is far from the most important aspect of battle. One leader is more important than five foot soldiers, especially when dealing with goblins. Take one alive if you can, so we can interrogate it.

Initiative: [roll0]

Oseyerys
2014-04-14, 11:40 AM
Seraph

Hope it's not too late but...
Perception check
[roll0]
Initiative
[roll1]
Edit: Well at least I am perceptive anyway...

Seraph sees everyone jumping to action and readies a spell on himself for combat by procuring a piece of cured leather from his pouch, making the right sigils with his fingers, and speaking an incantation (Mage Armor). Finally. Eredor's lucky, just standing around him was really trying my patience... I almost feel bad for the first goblin I face... almost.

He then hears Nalin try and tell people to take a captive Regrettably I don't believe I will encounter any goblins that will be rendered "captive worthy"... or even recognizable for that matter... Maybe someone else will do his bidding but I have better ways to spend my time than be bossed around by a mage.

DracoDei
2014-04-14, 11:48 AM
[roll0]

Smileybastard
2014-04-14, 12:09 PM
Fedyn

[roll0]

Stormageddon
2014-04-14, 01:11 PM
Quin

Init [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Smileybastard
2014-04-14, 01:42 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn draws his bow and smiles. "Seriously? Why do you consider seriousness and humor mutually exclusive?

I shall take up your challenge!"

As soon as he is able Fedyn takes a 5 foot step to R 11 and fire at the goblins at X13 & X15 using Rapid shot.

First shot [roll0] +1 more if they are within 30 ft.
Damage [roll1] +1 damage if they are within 30 ft.

First shot [roll2] +1 more if they are within 30 ft.
Damage [roll3] +1 damage if they are within 30 ft.

DracoDei
2014-04-14, 05:40 PM

Of all the rotten timing... before I can heal anyone from the sparring and such-like. Burgok thinks to himself as he casts an abbreviated spell.

Next, he casts one that is equally complex as the average wizard or clerics spell, then climbs over the fence, drawing his weapon as soon as he clears the fence and continue to close on the foes.

Swift Action: Gift of Resistance, providing +4 to Fortitude saves made by allies within 10' of me, and +2 to Fortitude saves for allies more than 10', but less than or equal to 30'. I take -4 to Fortitude and Reflex saves. Note that their position relative to me at the time of casting is irrelevant, it is their position at the time that the save is rolled that is important.
Standard Action: Cast Gift of Shielding (transfering half damage up to a maximum of 50->25) on Fedyn.
Move Action: While drawing Spiked Chain, move to X12 (assuming that the fence(?) around the sparring ring costs, at most, double to move through, as does a diagonal move through the forest. If not, then probably going to X11).

Vhaidara
2014-04-14, 05:50 PM
Nalin

Nalin dances to the nearest goblin, striking at it with Hellreaver.

On his turn
Move Action: Move to P3
Standard Action: Attack the goblin at O2
Attack: [roll0]
Confirmation if a crit is threatened: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Additional damage if the Attack is a confirmed critical: [roll3]
Swift Action: none

Calinero
2014-04-14, 06:00 PM
Eredor

Eredor draws his bow and makes an arcane gesture. Webs sprout up around the goblins on the far side of the camp.

Move action to draw the bow, standard for the spell Web. I'd like to center the 20 ft radius on cell C11, which if I'm doing my bursts right should include every goblin on the left side of the camp except for the very top and bottom .5's.

Edit: forgot to mention the Web is a DC 17 Reflex save.

Stormageddon
2014-04-14, 06:05 PM
Quin

Moves to his horse and mounts.

Oseyerys
2014-04-14, 06:56 PM
Seraph

Seraph's fingers tingle with arcane energy as he anticipates his first kill. Not to be outdone by the wizard, he walks calmly over to the three goblins coming in from the north *Goblins* You really picked the wrong day friends... See I've been having to stand near him for a while and it really gets me itching to destroy something... that something being you lot.

He moves his hands in a complex manner, and speaks the incantation of his spell. Arcane energy seems to build up around him and he finishes by sweeping his arm forward in the direction of the goblins. A wave of flame that he has been holding in for some time blasts out of him and towards the oncoming attackers.

Spell cast is Burning Arc. Primary target is the goblin in the middle. Varisian Tattoo gives +1 to caster level if in selected school (evocation), so by my math...

Primary Target : [roll0]
Secondary target on the left: [roll1]
Secondary target on the right: [roll2]

Save DC is 18

Edit: This is of course, all done on his turn.

Fairy Warrior
2014-04-15, 10:21 AM
Astra

Deciding to take care of the left side. She rushes over surprised how fast she is moving she crouches low jumping spinning her blade in a deadly arc.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Elysian Blade
2014-04-15, 11:11 AM
DM

Fedyn first shots strays as the second hits in the chest of a goblin. Killing it quickly.

Nalin misses the goblin with his blade. The goblin smiles at him for it.

Seraph magic slams into the goblins but was not powerful enough to down any of them.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Astra blade cuts in deadly dropping the three goblins.

Then the goblins attack...

To Astra
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] *
[roll6] *
Dmg
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9] *
[roll10] *

To Nalin
[roll]1d20+8
[roll11]

To Seraph
][roll]1d20+8
[roll12]

Goblin heals Goblin attacking Seraph [roll13]

Goblins Attacking Burgok
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16] *
[roll17]
Dmg
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20] *
[roll21][/

Npcs dmg
[roll22]
[roll]1d20+5[roll]
Dmg [roll23]
[roll24]

[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]

Last ones.

[roll29] *
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]

[roll33] *
[roll34]

Oseyerys
2014-04-15, 11:54 AM
Seraph

On his turn...

Seraph winces at the pain from the blow the goblin landed. I'll be fine but I'll definitely be feeling that tomorrow.

He'll take a five step drop backwards and cast his second spell at the goblin that rushed up to him *Goblin* So you have a healing friend eh? Let's see who works faster him or me...

Spell is Burning Hands. Varisian tattoo and Spell Specialization puts my caster lvl at 7.

[roll0]
Any flammable items begin to burn as a bonus perk.

Save DC is 17 due to Spell Focus.

Elysian Blade
2014-04-15, 05:20 PM
Seraph

On his turn...

Seraph winces at the pain from the blow the goblin landed. I'll be fine but I'll definitely be feeling that tomorrow.

He'll take a five step drop backwards and cast his second spell at the goblin that rushed up to him *Goblin* So you have a healing friend eh? Let's see who works faster him or me...

Spell is Burning Hands. Varisian tattoo and Spell Specialization puts my caster lvl at 7.

[roll0]
Any flammable items begin to burn as a bonus perk.

Save DC is 17 due to Spell Focus.

[roll0] No flammable items though.

Calinero
2014-04-15, 06:07 PM
Eredor

Eredor flings out his hand, casting bolts of energy towards one of the larger goblins, flying right past Seraph.

Magic missile, both missiles on the goblin at M5.

Damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Vhaidara
2014-04-16, 12:05 PM
Nalin

Nalin chuckles as he dances away from the goblin's blade. He strikes, chanting the words of his magic before striking a third time, his blade crackling with electricity.

Attacking P2 while using Spell Combat: [roll0]
Critical confirmation roll if needed: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

Cast Shocking Grasp (Provoke an AoO from P2)
Concentration check if hit (DC 11+damage dealt): [roll4]

If not hit or concentration successful
Spellstrike P2: [roll5] (if the goblin is wearing metal armor, I get an additional +3 to hit)
Critical Confirmation on Spellstrike: [roll6]
Damage from Sepllstrike: [roll7]
Damage if critical with Weapon (18-20): [roll8]
Damage if critical with spell as well (20 only): [roll9]

DracoDei
2014-04-16, 02:19 PM
Burgok flips and cartwheels into a better position to protect all the other mercenaries, his chain forming a swirling lace of confusion and defense around him (at one point someone could be mistaken for thinking he was holding it by his feet, but actually he had just slipped two thick fingers through one of the links on the spikey end for a split second).

EDIT: Standard Action: Total Defense. +6 Dodge Bonus to AC due to having at least 3 ranks in Acrobatics. [/EDIT]
Tumbling from X11 to W13.
Acrobatics vs [CMD(s)+2] to move without provoking AoOs
Acrobatics [roll0]
Second, if roll, if necessary for second foe. [roll1]
Swift Action: Surprisingly unused.

Stormageddon
2014-04-16, 07:14 PM
Quin

Draws his lance as reins his horse up to the enemy and attacks!

Quin moves to O6 and attacks enemy at M5.

Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Smileybastard
2014-04-16, 07:51 PM
Fedyn

Fedyn takes another step back and fires two more arrows at the formidable goblin to his South East.

5 ft step to Q11. Then shoots at mob at U15.

Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack 1 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]