PDA

View Full Version : Xykon's plan (spoiler)

Alsadius
2007-02-06, 10:24 AM
This has probably been posted already, but I haven't seen it, so I'll toss in my two cents anyways.

Basically, we know that Xykon mostly just wants the gate. Kicking ass in Azure City and conquering the place are nice, but it's the gate that he wants. So, basically, the army is just a gargantuan distraction. He's going to have them attack, sneak around somewhere(probably by teleporting or the like), and open the gate to his purposes while the battle goes on outside. He'll use whatever ridiculous energies that the gate unleashes to win the battle, and conquer the world from there. Well, at least, that's the plan. It also explains why he killed the beacons but let Miko escape - he wants then to have enough warning to assemble their forces against him but not enough to actually consider why he's doing it.

Uthrac
2007-02-06, 10:27 AM
Correct . . . if the forces are amassing to defend the city from the army, they won't be standing around guarding the gate . . .

Kreistor
2007-02-06, 11:11 AM
conquering the place are nice, but it's the gate that he wants.

More specifically, he needs the gate as touched by someone good. Don't forget his manipulations in order to get someone (Elan in this case) to touch the gate. Destruction of the gate makes it useless to him, or he just would have gone back to Dorukan's.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-06, 12:22 PM
More specifically, he needs the gate as touched by someone good. Don't forget his manipulations in order to get someone (Elan in this case) to touch the gate. Destruction of the gate makes it useless to him, or he just would have gone back to Dorukan's.

Dorukan's gate needed someone good. The Crayons of Time arc specifically said that Dorukan focused on warding the gate with spells. Therefore it's possible that the protections of Dorukan's gate are unique to that gate. Soon may have been prideful enough to believe nothing could get past his Paladins so the gate wouldn't need extra protection.

It's hard to go back to a gate burried under a mountain but I do think it was mentioned that building the gates may have made it easier to channel the Snarl's power.