PDA

View Full Version : New Characters...

Chavik
2007-02-06, 10:39 AM
Im really disappointed that every time i visit the cast page im greeted only by the Order of The Stick themselves and not by the numerous other background characters such as Celia, Miko, The Linear Guild, Xykons forces etc.:smallconfused: why havent they been added yet?

Lord Zentei
2007-02-06, 10:54 AM
Im really disappointed that every time i visit the cast page im greeted only by the Order of The Stick themselves and not by the numerous other background characters such as Celia, Miko, The Linear Guild, Xykons forces etc.:smallconfused: why havent they been added yet?

Initially, because it was only intended for the main cast would be my guess.

I can't complain. After all, the Giant has been working hard to provide us with consistent and sometimes even multi page updates. Which is more important?

Vargtass
2007-02-06, 11:13 AM
The cast page available is only intended as an introduction when you start reading the comic online. After all, the characters get their introduction in the course of the comic. Now, I do see the point of adding a separate gallery, for those (few?) that do not bother to read through all the strips, perhaps in a format like the one used in No cures for the paladin blues. But probably, most people will want to read from the beginning to the end, and those should not have to risk to have their surprises spoiled. So, if a separate, sort of updated, cast page was added, it should definately be tagged with huge spoilers.

Then, as recent strips have shown clearly, the cast is quite dynamic. People die, and change personality, etc. So, anyway, a cast page should probably always be superficial in nature, and will also tend to be outdated.

Chavik
2007-02-06, 11:22 AM
I like the idea of having a seperate page for those who decide to skip some parts.... the whole idea is really for those lazy gamers... ive followed the strip from the beginning and my players too, but when we tell say a new member about the strip they tend to want to catch up right away without reading through...

maybe i should just find more motivated players but thats a different story altogether.

Shattersnap
2007-02-06, 12:38 PM
I don't understand how you couldn't read from beginning to end- from the moment I read the first strip I was hooked. A separate cast page wouldn't be really necessary I don't think, but it wouldn't really be a bad idea either. I think the Giant has got other things foremost on his mind though other than helping the less motivated of us catch up.

Silverlocke980
2007-02-06, 12:52 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind that myself... but if it's between a new characters page and normal updates for OotS, I'll take the updates!

Haruki-kun
2007-02-06, 01:04 PM
New characters?:
:miko: I am being introduced.......THE GODS WANT ME TO KILL YOU!!!!!!!

:thog: thog work hard to nail not-nale, not nale. thog not mind spoilers about nale and not-nale........thog believe thog is introduced. now ice cream!

:roach: Hey, We're being introduced! Hi, Mom!

:xykon: I just had a Fangasm.