PDA

View Full Version : Ifrit Ninja, Wildfire Heart vs. Energy Resistance

rahimka
2014-04-10, 10:40 PM
I'm making an Ifrit Ninja in Pathfinder and I need some help deciding whether to take the Wildfire Heart (+4 Initiative) alternate racial trait or stick with the Fire Resistance 5.

I've never played a Rogue or Ninja before, but I get that initiative bonus is great for catching an enemy flat-footed on the first round. But I'm already taking the Reactionary combat trait, and I plan on taking Imp. Initiative when I get a spare feat (after TWF and W. Finesse at least). With my high Dex, I'm looking at something like +11 without Wildfire or +15 with it by the time I hit mid-lvls.

On the other hand, Fire Resistance is nice, and I'd feel like a putz as an Ifrit that can't stand a little heat. So do I take the great bonus to initiative -or- the also pretty good (but more RP appropriate, IMO) Fire Resistance? Is this a no brainer that I am just overthinking? Will I end up kicking myself if I don't take the initiative bonus? What do people think of either option?

grarrrg
2014-04-11, 12:46 AM
I'm making an Ifrit Ninja in Pathfinder and I need some help deciding whether to take the Wildfire Heart (+4 Initiative) alternate racial trait or stick with the Fire Resistance 5.

Take the initiative (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?337104-Highest-Initiative-Bonus-in-Pathfinder).

No, really, I'm not biased or crazy or anything at all in the slightest....

Terazul
2014-04-11, 12:50 AM
Fire resistance is situationally useful. Initiative is always useful. I'd go for the trait that replicates (and stacks with) a feat.