PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help me Build an Optimized Warpriest

TheNervyOne
2014-04-11, 12:58 AM
This is where you can find the Warpriest, its a free download. At least that should get you to it.
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/advancedClassGuide
Its the Advanced Class Guide, google it and you will find the free download.

Its a level 2
2 Traits (Rich Parents and Chosen Child grants 1800 GP at level 1 and I am given another 1000 for the class level so 2800 GP)
2 Drawbacks (Gives two free feats)

Human race
What are the primary two, secondary two, and dump stats?

What Weapon should I focus on? What spells should I focus on?
I get 4 feats to play with, and a bonus free Weapon Focus

CheshireCatAW
2014-04-11, 01:14 AM
First flag: Drawbacks in Pathfinder give you traits, not feats.

TheNervyOne
2014-04-11, 01:15 AM
We treat them the same way that the Flaws could give you feats in 3.5

Its just the way we run the game.

Sayt
2014-04-11, 02:54 AM
Well, the thing about warpriest, is that it doesn't have the BAB to qualify for helpful combat feats at level 1, like power attack, or weapon focus to expand your sacred weapon list.

So basically, if you want to go Ranged, your primary are Dex/Wis, Con/Cha, Int/Str.

If you want to go melee, swap Strength and Dexterity.

Greatsword is pretty standard for straightup face-beating, and in that case I guess you get Improved Initiative, Combat Casting, and something.

For a trip build, Fauchard is pretty decent, but all your feats come in when you have +0 BAB, so you can't afford get EWP yet, so I guess you just use a Guisarme. I'd pick up up Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Initiative and combat reflexes and pick up a trip weapon as your focus weapon.

Archery might be an option, as your feats actually can be used to get PBS, Precise and Rapid shot, and then Improved Initiative.

(I've been putting in Improved Initiative because it just strikes me as a useful feat to have for a martial class that doesn't require BAB to qualify for.)

TheNervyOne
2014-04-11, 04:52 AM
When you are using a scared weapon your BAB is treated as a full BAB.

Also by lvl 20 your scared weapon deals 2d8 regardless of the original base damage.

So perhaps Powerful Build if going strong melee damage?

Because Psionics Half Giant gives a bonus to Wis and Str but penalties Dex and gives a 1/day stomp ability.

Sayt
2014-04-11, 08:23 AM
Half giant also had bonuses to wisdom and strength, so it would seem.

On the subject of bab and feats, your actual bab is relevant to the qualification of feats, (but not necessarily the internal workings of them) and so at level one, you have 0 bab for feat qualification.

NightbringerGGZ
2014-04-11, 10:30 AM
As for your ability scores, you can't really afford to dump anything but your mental scores don't have to be very high. I can't give you two primary stats and two dump stats as you'll be penalized if any of your stats are below 10. This class is the most MAD class Paizo has ever come up with.

I would suggest prioritizing Physical scores over Mental Scores. You decide if you want to go for a Dex build or a Str build, but personally I find the Dervish Dance & dump Str option to be a bit of a trap. You are a bit better off on your mental scores. Ignore the fact that you have Channel Energy as an option and keep your Cha at 10 or 12. Your Wis only needs to be 12 or 13 at character creation, provided you spend some resources to boost your Wis as you level. Keep Int at 7, 10 or 13. You'll need 13 if you want to use combat maneuvers. 10 if you're not a human. As a human you can use your favored class bonus and racial features to still gain 3 skill points per level with a 7 Int.